Certified Copy

7.7

1. Mar 21, 2011
    I don't know why critics gave this movie scores that high. I was bored a significant part of it. At times the movie was quite interesting, the end intriguing but overall it is not a movie that I will remember in one week...
  2. Sep 28, 2015
    Certified Copy is cynical and postmodern and may be true to the reality of some. The style of the performance is a kind of anguished improv (which is certainly different). But the product is not very true to the trailer, and those wanting to watch a positive and romantic film may find Certified Copy disappointing. I would have classed it as a drama, and may have enjoyed it more if I hadCertified Copy is cynical and postmodern and may be true to the reality of some. The style of the performance is a kind of anguished improv (which is certainly different). But the product is not very true to the trailer, and those wanting to watch a positive and romantic film may find Certified Copy disappointing. I would have classed it as a drama, and may have enjoyed it more if I had different expectations, but did not dislike it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 28, 2011
    The languages spoken throughout Certified Copy slide easily amongst Italian, French, and English, further creating the sense of none of them being authentic.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Apr 27, 2011
    In some ways, it's a simple character drama, but the central conundrum disallows an uncomplicated interpretation. I was never bored.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Apr 7, 2011
    A mental workout of the most invigorating sort.