6.2

1. JayH.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Very very slow moving and Jared Leto's performance fails to convince. He did well looking the part though. It doesn't delve into the character of Mark David Chapman enough, only scratches the surface. It almost makes it.
  2. KartikS.
    Aug 24, 2009
    while in no means is this the best movie around, I think that people are being too harsh on this film. This accurately depicts what happened during those three days, and that's all he was trying to accomplish; recreate John Lennon's death and the events leading up to it. That is all he was trying to do.
  3. Robin
    Jun 1, 2008
    Jared Leto disappears into Chapman, and is pathetic and deranged without going too far over the top. Lohan is generally unconvincing, but stays in her place. As a film, it's well produced - direction, music, editing and photography. It's interesting, but I doubt if it can be called entertaining.

1. Reviewed by: Jeremy Mathews
    From what I can tell, the film is generally accurate regarding the events of Dec. 8. But I got as much out of it as I did by looking up Chapman on Wikipedia.
    Don't hammer this film for trying to get inside the head of Mark David Chapman before he shot John Lennon outside the rock legend's New York apartment on December 8th, 1980. Hammer it instead for failing to do so with any depth or insight.
    There's virtually no context provided here, about Lennon or the Beatles or New York or Chapman himself. To put it another way, the film's entire context IS Chapman.