6.2

1. Aug 25, 2014
    I didn't expect much when I began to watch this movie. I have heard Jared Leto's (who plays Chapman) various comments, and that is what I basically wanted to see: a failure of humanity. The movie wasn't perhaps very insightful or emotion-wrenching, but it had a certain allure in it. If nothing else, it is in a way very human. Not too deep, and portraying the maddness in it just fine.I didn't expect much when I began to watch this movie. I have heard Jared Leto's (who plays Chapman) various comments, and that is what I basically wanted to see: a failure of humanity. The movie wasn't perhaps very insightful or emotion-wrenching, but it had a certain allure in it. If nothing else, it is in a way very human. Not too deep, and portraying the maddness in it just fine.

Watch before you start boycotting it. This is not a documentary, nor a tribute to anyone, but a little intake to the madness living in all of us.
  2. JayJ
    Apr 9, 2008
    Boring, awful and unnecessary. Leto is boring as Lennon's murderer and his performance is without substance. Jarrett P. Shaeffer strikes out in his film making debut. We learn nothing about why Chapman murdered Lennon and that is sad.A pathetic excuse for a movie that belongs in the trash bin.
  3. JasminS.
    Apr 8, 2008
    People should give this movie a chance! Brilliant performance by Jared Leto!
  4. Robin
    Jun 1, 2008
    Jared Leto disappears into Chapman, and is pathetic and deranged without going too far over the top. Lohan is generally unconvincing, but stays in her place. As a film, it's well produced - direction, music, editing and photography. It's interesting, but I doubt if it can be called entertaining.
  5. LukazF.
    Mar 28, 2008
    It's a fantastic and "noir", movie!!! Lindsay e Leto shining!!!
  6. JayH.
    Jun 26, 2008
    Very very slow moving and Jared Leto's performance fails to convince. He did well looking the part though. It doesn't delve into the character of Mark David Chapman enough, only scratches the surface. It almost makes it.
  7. KartikS.
    Aug 24, 2009
    while in no means is this the best movie around, I think that people are being too harsh on this film. This accurately depicts what happened during those three days, and that's all he was trying to accomplish; recreate John Lennon's death and the events leading up to it. That is all he was trying to do.

1. Reviewed by: Jeremy Mathews
    From what I can tell, the film is generally accurate regarding the events of Dec. 8. But I got as much out of it as I did by looking up Chapman on Wikipedia.
    Don't hammer this film for trying to get inside the head of Mark David Chapman before he shot John Lennon outside the rock legend's New York apartment on December 8th, 1980. Hammer it instead for failing to do so with any depth or insight.
    There's virtually no context provided here, about Lennon or the Beatles or New York or Chapman himself. To put it another way, the film's entire context IS Chapman.