6.0

1. Aug 25, 2014
    I didn't expect much when I began to watch this movie. I have heard Jared Leto's (who plays Chapman) various comments, and that is what I basically wanted to see: a failure of humanity. The movie wasn't perhaps very insightful or emotion-wrenching, but it had a certain allure in it. If nothing else, it is in a way very human. Not too deep, and portraying the maddness in it just fine.

Watch before you start boycotting it. This is not a documentary, nor a tribute to anyone, but a little intake to the madness living in all of us.

1. Reviewed by: Jeremy Mathews
    From what I can tell, the film is generally accurate regarding the events of Dec. 8. But I got as much out of it as I did by looking up Chapman on Wikipedia.
    Don't hammer this film for trying to get inside the head of Mark David Chapman before he shot John Lennon outside the rock legend's New York apartment on December 8th, 1980. Hammer it instead for failing to do so with any depth or insight.
    There's virtually no context provided here, about Lennon or the Beatles or New York or Chapman himself. To put it another way, the film's entire context IS Chapman.