Columbia Pictures | Release Date: November 3, 2000
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 306 Ratings
Watch Now
beingryanjudeAug 28, 2014
Charlie's Angels is by no means an excellent piece of film. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't enjoy this flick. The girls are quite fun--you may even have a laugh or two.
StevenFJul 21, 2013
This was one of the first DVDs I owned, when I first watched it I was overwhelmed by the fast-paced action, the energetic characters and so on, but here I sit with a feeling of mind-numbing insecurity, it's a truly terrible film, but I stillThis was one of the first DVDs I owned, when I first watched it I was overwhelmed by the fast-paced action, the energetic characters and so on, but here I sit with a feeling of mind-numbing insecurity, it's a truly terrible film, but I still find it watchable.
The film is one long advert, it promotes all sorts of sexualised comedy, with almost every scene consisting of a slow-motion clip of one these tightly clad Angels flipping their hair, carefully flexing behind or running from an impending explosion, it's big, dumb, sometimes fun but certainly not serious.
Our three Angels are Natalie (Cameron Diaz), Dylan (Drew Barrymore) and Alex (Lucy Liu). They are tasked with retrieving the creator of expensive technology and the tech itself, but as the plot thickens, so does the script, with a soundtrack that you would work out to, perhaps that is the point of the film, an expensive workout routine, with many scenes present that you start to question why you are watching it, but then laugh about it at a later time.
The angels on show are obviously pretty, they flaunt, flex and frolic across the screen, the film does no justice to the these three talented actresses, but the movie is tolerable for its sometimes comedic moments, particularly the use of sex appeal for the three stars, and the presence of Bill Murray, who really seems to be acting as himself in the picture, so no complaint necessary.
While the action sequences are dramatic and over zealous, some of them work in an effective way
The films many faults outweigh its better attributes, the talented cast, which also includes Sam Rockwell and Tim Curry, the chemistry between the three leads is also a highlight, but these aside, it's a one explosion at every corner flick, high on adrenaline and dumb fun, but low on everything else. McG has an eye for the glitz and exaggeration, but this mess of a film may truly be down to this approach. Its loud, silly and is easily forgettable, but at least it never took itself too seriously throughout, that would have been truly awkward indeed.
RikiegeDec 22, 2012
Very funny movie with a lot of style.
KadeemluvmusicSep 20, 2011
Charlie's Angels ROCKS! I love the original movie, great cast, although Cameron Diaz sure knows how to do the Soul Train line. For some reason, I like the original TV series starring the late Farrah Fawcett is a sure fire classic. I don'tCharlie's Angels ROCKS! I love the original movie, great cast, although Cameron Diaz sure knows how to do the Soul Train line. For some reason, I like the original TV series starring the late Farrah Fawcett is a sure fire classic. I don't know if I'm going to watch the reboot of the series, but I don't like the new cast at all. It's wrong and nobody wants to see a Charlie's Angels reboot. All we want is a third movie. So please, Sony. Make with the third movie, already. Expand
CritiqueGirlMar 2, 2011
This is the type of movie I rent to see with my friends and family so we can make fun of it. Its so bad...its good.
juliankennedy23Jul 13, 2014
Charlie's Angels: 8 out of 10: Reading the major press reviews I am struck by a time travel quality of their pans. It is as if they are watching another movie entirely. It's as if they were watching the leaden Charlie's Angels sequel FullCharlie's Angels: 8 out of 10: Reading the major press reviews I am struck by a time travel quality of their pans. It is as if they are watching another movie entirely. It's as if they were watching the leaden Charlie's Angels sequel Full Throttle.

The first Angels however is a great movie if you keep three things in mind. It is mindless. It is fun. It is mindless fun. Never has eye candy had so many empty calories. As nutritious for your brain as a deep-fried Twinkie and with about as much substance, Charlie's Angels is about as quintessential a summer movie as you can get.

This is not a bad thing. With a great soundtrack, three hot girls, solid supporting cast and non-stop action even brainless fun can be… well good. It is not easy to make a film this shallow, this entertaining. (As the sequel proved and come to think of it dozens of movies prove every summer.) In reality there is a fine line between fluffy, bubble headed, featherbrained fun and feeble-minded, half-witted, imbecilic drudgery.

Charlie's Angels stays solidly on the featherbrained, fluffy side. It is that rather rare film that is smart enough to keep it simple and needless to say mindlessly fun.
kublay0880Jan 2, 2013
What a bad production, the story is so lame and pointless, the acting performances are a shame, it was disappointing to see Lucy Liu in that stupid character she's better than that. No need to talk about Diaz and Barrymore it is known thatWhat a bad production, the story is so lame and pointless, the acting performances are a shame, it was disappointing to see Lucy Liu in that stupid character she's better than that. No need to talk about Diaz and Barrymore it is known that they are not good actresses any way. If you want to see what were the real Charley's angels you need to watch the T.V. series. Expand
TheChaser1985Apr 16, 2011
It's obvious that this movie isn't trying to be serious and too many people don't get that. It's a decent enough watch, but it's no Grade A film. 6 from me.
No-licooAug 15, 2011
I enjoyed this movie recently. I like action movie! This movie makes me want to see next scene. I recommend you to see this movie if you didn't watch this movie.