6.0

1. Nov 13, 2014
    "Chasing Mavericks" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Good: Intense and well done surfing scenes. I'm not even into surfing, but was still extremely entertained by these scenes. The real story behind the film is a pretty interesting one and I can understand why they wanted to make a movie about it. The Bad: Pretty hollow, which is unacceptable for this sort of film. Lacks
    "Chasing Mavericks" 10 Scale Rating: 4.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Bad: Pretty hollow, which is unacceptable for this sort of film. Lacks heart, emotion, and with the exception of the surfing scenes, any real energy. Aside from Butler, most of the acting was well below average.

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    By the time it’s over, you’ll either be heading for the beach or vowing never to go in the water again.
  2. Reviewed by: Henry Barnes
    Jul 5, 2013
    The script's a drowner, the acting's awash. Again and again Butler returns to the sea. He just about survives the buffeting.
  3. Reviewed by: Joshua Rothkopf
    Oct 27, 2012
    The film wants to be inspiring, when it might have been cosmic-a far greater ambition. Tossing boats and dreamers, the huge waves perform beautifully.