Cheerful Weather for the Wedding

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jul 29, 2014
    I love action films, but I also love to slow down sometimes and watch a film like "Cheerful weather for the wedding", where all the characters are impossibly hilarious or ridiculous or both. Films where the main character is lovable, however, somewhat strange and disconnected. I loved the scenes with the little boy and the old man, I laughed every time. To me, those kinds of films are whatI love action films, but I also love to slow down sometimes and watch a film like "Cheerful weather for the wedding", where all the characters are impossibly hilarious or ridiculous or both. Films where the main character is lovable, however, somewhat strange and disconnected. I loved the scenes with the little boy and the old man, I laughed every time. To me, those kinds of films are what the Brits do best, or one of the things that they do best...No guns, no action, but pure humour and family drama with interactions between the characters that bring to mind some of the memories from my own childhood. Beautiful and riveting both story and characters. T. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Simon Kinnear
    Dec 17, 2012
    Buckling under the influence of Downton Abbey, Rice apes its style but none of the substance to create an amiable study of posh hypocrisy without any real satire or social feeling.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Dec 14, 2012
    There isn't much of anything here that hasn't been done elsewhere, but as the film rolls merrily along it reminds why wedding comedies are such ripe targets.
  3. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Dec 13, 2012
    There is one bright spot. Ellie Kendrick plays Dolly's silly, breathlessly romantic little sister, Kitty.