4.7

1. May 25, 2012
    Chernobyl Diaries has a few flaws and horror cliches, but nothing you wont forgive after watching it. It relies more on what you don't see vs what you do. There are no points where it lags or drags, very intense. You wont fall in love with the characters but you will find yourself trying to turn around to see what that noise was. For horror buffs and date nighters, you wont go wrong. ForChernobyl Diaries has a few flaws and horror cliches, but nothing you wont forgive after watching it. It relies more on what you don't see vs what you do. There are no points where it lags or drags, very intense. You wont fall in love with the characters but you will find yourself trying to turn around to see what that noise was. For horror buffs and date nighters, you wont go wrong. For everyone else, if you've seen the other summer blockbusters add this one to this list and enjoy. Expand
  2. Jul 9, 2012
    Unlike most people, I enjoyed this movie. It was terrifying, but in a good way. Jesse McCartney did a good job in the film, and I can definitely see him appearing in some more over the next few years. My only real reservation is how the ending was orchestrated. I would have done it differently. However, I was definitely not expecting it to end that way, so I give a kudos to the makers ofUnlike most people, I enjoyed this movie. It was terrifying, but in a good way. Jesse McCartney did a good job in the film, and I can definitely see him appearing in some more over the next few years. My only real reservation is how the ending was orchestrated. I would have done it differently. However, I was definitely not expecting it to end that way, so I give a kudos to the makers of this film on that. Expand
  3. Sep 23, 2012
    It's one of the scary movies I have been afraid. This movie has a little of what happened after the Chernobyl disaster, and I personally find very interesting topic. The film is highly recommended and entertaining.
  4. May 25, 2012
    Ok, we have again other movie that use the found footage (yes like Cloverfield and Paranormal Activity), and what happen? yes have some cool moment in that you jump, and you put a scare face, but the big problem of the movies is the next: Is same that the rest of the found footage movies. Good movie, but we watch all of this movies.
  5. May 25, 2012
    This movie was amazingly good...Oren did an amazing job at building the suspense. There were scene we're the jumpy camera sorta throws you off but still Chernobyl Diaries was completely worth the money.
  6. May 30, 2012
    I thought this movie was actually quite well done. Sure, there was a dissapointing ending, but I've studies Chernobyl and Pripyat before and this really brings the horror to life. Sure there's no mutant victims running around eating people, but i think the scenes were well laid out and really got my heart rate going and had great suspense. i would go see it!
  7. May 27, 2012
    I don't see what the problem was with this movie the acting was good and there was no dumb moments and I really enjoyed myself. But the ending suked
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    To Be 100% Honest..
    This Movie Scared The Crap Out Of Me! Great Cast, The Story Line B+...
    Overall A A+ I Have NEVER Been So Scared In My Life (The Strangers Is Really Scary)
    Great Movie!
  9. Jun 1, 2012
    While much of Chernobyl Diaries is all-too-reminiscent of other horror movies -- there's a small group of good looking, overly-confident twenty-somethings who are hunted by people or things in a place they don't know -- it's nonetheless done really well for most of the film. I'll admit, we went into the theater with low expectations. The reviews we had read were almost all negative.While much of Chernobyl Diaries is all-too-reminiscent of other horror movies -- there's a small group of good looking, overly-confident twenty-somethings who are hunted by people or things in a place they don't know -- it's nonetheless done really well for most of the film. I'll admit, we went into the theater with low expectations. The reviews we had read were almost all negative. The low expectations probably helped us enjoy it. But the movie is genuinely fun, with several unexpected thrills and there's a fairly believable sense of dread. And particularly for moviegoers who remember the Chernobyl disaster, the location makes it all the more creepy. If you're looking for an entertaining way to spend 90 minutes, give Chernobyl Diaries a shot. For what it lacks in originality and execution, it makes up in fun. Expand
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    I don't know why Chernobyl Diaries isn't liked much; maybe it has to do with the movie Cabin in the Woods (That I never saw). That movie might by good, but Chernobyl Diaries is my favourite horror movie of all time! The setting is a big bowl of yay, being set in the title's location and now not your sister's diary. The plot is a group of tourists, some family and friends, others now, goingI don't know why Chernobyl Diaries isn't liked much; maybe it has to do with the movie Cabin in the Woods (That I never saw). That movie might by good, but Chernobyl Diaries is my favourite horror movie of all time! The setting is a big bowl of yay, being set in the title's location and now not your sister's diary. The plot is a group of tourists, some family and friends, others now, going to Chernobyl with an ex-Spetsnaz. Obviously goes down, but in a very well paced manner. Many horror movies annoy me with either the paranormal or psycho killer threat, Chernobyl Diaries is like The Tunnel and makes the threat neither truly human, nor truly fictitious, but instead-REALLY CREEPY. The plot may not be the most focused, but there are two huge awesome parts, 1. There is like no music, so when there is tension rising, it is on screen and also, the camera angles work to give a good angle of what we need to be scared. Also; the ending is perfect, rather than be ambiguous, sequel bait or happy time; this movie goes "This is how this ends" and gives the most respectful horror movie ending ever-GO. WATCH. IT. Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    Chernobyl is scary as hell
  12. Oct 29, 2012
    "Terror in Chernobyl" is not a perfect film, but it has its quasi-found-footage charm terrifying. This is due to the simplicity of fictional suspense, and perhaps the film disappoint Hollywood fans, but it fits well and leads to a curious adventure where terror is not just a pompous CGI monster. It's like a little walk of skewed insinuation becomes in darkness radioactive danger.
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    "Chernobyl Diaries" is like being in the world of Silent Hill which is 100% scary, no, terrifying to be honest.
    "Chernobyl Diaries" delivers good scares, good scenes, and a great horrific-adventurous plot, with a great movie twist, expected somehow that they will get stick in Chernobyl, but great!
  14. Oct 12, 2014
    Very awesome! I would like to see pewdiepie on this movie and hearing him screaming like a little girl.

I don't know why this movie has low ratings, I enjoyed a lot.
  15. May 4, 2013
    This is the scariest horror I have seen. The suspense and tension is jaw dropping and some quality plot twists towards the end.

NO SPOILERS: The story is about 6 people who take a tour out to Chernobyl were the reactor core 4 blew up 26 years ago causing everyone to evacuate and while they are there they become stuck and with no one to help them they are lost... but are they alone.

The acting is mediocre with some bland acting mixed with good but its the atmosphere and tension which really keeps the movie alive and it never drops is pace of awe and terror and using the atmosphere around them really keeps it interesting. The only problem I have with the movie is that I fell the characters could of been more deeper and interesting as they are very generic but still worth a buy under 8 pounds or a rent and it really doesn't deserve the bashing its been getting.
  16. Jun 11, 2013
    That's a great film. Good plot and great direction. The end.. bahh extraordinary I am sad that this movie has such bad reviews. In my opinion it's a must-see horror movie of the decade. Not the best of course, but still a good one
  17. Jun 3, 2015
    The movie really scared me, I could not watch it alone. My first time hearing about the Chernobyl explosion was during this movie, and it can have some serious effects!! I know that nuclear energy is strong, but I hope that we dont use it any time soon!

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jun 21, 2012
    Diaries is dark and gruesome, but with little in the way of genuine shock or surprise, you should expect the expected.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Sartin
    May 29, 2012
    If, as some critics have claimed, "The Cabin in the Woods" made the horror genre obsolete, someone forgot to tell screenwriter Oren Peli.
  3. Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    May 26, 2012
    The movie wants us to find this frightening, but there's no suspense, no terrifying images.