Children Underground

8.7

1. TaraT.
    Oct 5, 2003
    Im still crying. Why is it that those (like me) who would love to have a child like Mihai cant have them and people who can have them abuse them in such a way. If I had the money I would adopt them all.
    May 2, 2003
    Disgusting, why isnt anyone trying to help wrong situations like that.Its sick, children should not have to live like that.People are treating it like entertainment, and those people I think maybe need to get there head checked out!
  3. J.L.
    May 6, 2003
    I am speechless.
  4. MollyN.
    Jun 1, 2004
    This movie shows us that we could be doing more for the children of this world. It saddened me to see such pain that these five children go through everyday of there lives. This film was very good.
  5. LauraC+JoshK
    Jun 2, 2005
    The Best documentary we've ever seen! You tend to forget how bad things can be and what some children have to go through. After seeing this, you'll never forget.
  6. LoreleiD.
    May 1, 2003
    I couldn't turn my teary eyes away. I could have been one of those children.
  7. SamanthaL.
    Sep 5, 2005
    It's the best documentary I've ever seen! Amazing piece of work, which tugs at the heart-strings. It makes me want to fly down to Romania & adopt Mihai.
  8. Tammy
    May 19, 2003
    A very heart wrenching movie. The children all seem to have needs that are unmet by both their familial settings and society. It should be a wake up call for activists and parents.
  9. EstefanosM.
    Mar 30, 2004
    That movie was the best one in the world. It really affected me. I have a few friend like that who have lived on the streets all there life. and they go through the same situations as they do. the youngest I know is a boy about 2 years older then.
  10. A.C.
    Apr 8, 2004
    I cried so much for those kids. I wish I could help them in some way. Does anybody know how?
  11. BrianK.
    Mar 13, 2002
    Very powerful.
  12. DanielleS.
    May 21, 2003
    I have never seen anything so moving. Why is it that I have never heard of these homeless children before? I had to watch it twice to make sure it was for real.
  13. KirstenI.
    May 13, 2004
    Abolutely AMAZING. EVERYONE should watch this film.
  14. TheresaW.
    Apr 25, 2005
    It's a moving documentary that allows the viewers to see the horrible insights of homeless children living under a collapsed government regime. But it inspires people to reach out more to those who are in need especially children. The best documentary ever made. Love it.

1. New York Daily News
    Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    First-time filmmaker Edet Belzberg may be the first person to assign any value to the lives of the homeless Romanian youngsters featured in her harrowing documentary.
  2. Belzberg doesn't intervene during the moments of violence, believing that the film can force social change only by showing the worst. If she is correct, then this film should move mountains.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Park
    A horror story, told with Dickensian compassion, permeating outrage, and little hope.