5.2

1. Aug 24, 2010
    Eric Bana as an Australian schizophrenic psychopath, writes a book whilst inside, flashbacks, gains national notoriety.
    Good dialogue, intense, amusing & good fun throughout.
    I couldn't believe this was Eric Bana at times!! Really convincing performance by the big fella.
  2. She_devil_vamp***
    Jul 15, 2004
    I met Chopper in 2004. Eric Bana plays him perfectly, its scary!
  3. LawrenceC.
    Mar 13, 2004
    Brilliant!!! cant get nough of it!!
  4. KateS.
    Feb 5, 2004
    Best Bloody Movie Ever!!
  5. DavidP.
    Jul 15, 2003
    Chopper RULES!!!
  6. ZachR.
    Jun 29, 2003
    The man is a legend . my idol .
  7. MitchM.
    Jun 23, 2003
    One of the great smaller films I've seen in the last 5 years. Eric Bana is tremendous in this film. Yes, he's portraying a cold-hearted killer, but he makes the figure oddly sympathetic. I found myself liking him in much the same way that I liked Alex in Clockwork Orange, though Chop Chop is much more of a decent bloke than Alex ever was. Very well-done film.
  8. StevenF.
    Dec 12, 2002
    Definitely the funniest film I've seen. Eric Bana is amazing as chopper. the guy is an absolute psychopath but as the prison scenes show he is the man. Some say the film is nonlinear and has no plot after the first scene in H division but I challenge anyone to keep up with the film and work out just how the hell he's still alive. All through the film Chopper is one wrong move Definitely the funniest film I've seen. Eric Bana is amazing as chopper. the guy is an absolute psychopath but as the prison scenes show he is the man. Some say the film is nonlinear and has no plot after the first scene in H division but I challenge anyone to keep up with the film and work out just how the hell he's still alive. All through the film Chopper is one wrong move from getting wacked yet it's everyone else thats playing his game. An incredebly clever yet completly mental person played by the only guy in my opinion that could have pulled it off. Sheer Genius. Expand
  9. GilbertM.
    Nov 12, 2002
    Not for Gran. Except my Gran. She saw A Clockwork Orange in '70 for God's sake.
  10. PMCD
    Mar 5, 2002
    Come on Blue, watch this it's tremendous!! Guaranteed to make you piss yourself laughing, don't watch it with the misses though, she won't see the funny side of it, but when do they ever!!!
  11. LukeH.
    Feb 7, 2002
    This movie is funny, and has well writen dialogue. Eric Bana's performance ranks up there with some great performances in movie history. This film made me sick, but yet I could not look away for a second. A must see for anyone who loves film.
  12. Monty
    Dec 31, 2001
    This was an amazingly well thought out, well shot, well edited feature about the criminal life of Mark "Chopper" Read, I thought this was one of the most bold and truthful movies about a criminal I have seen in a while, they've taken it to the places it had to go as far as story and the portrayal of Chopper's crimes. I was very impressed and satisfied with their courage to show This was an amazingly well thought out, well shot, well edited feature about the criminal life of Mark "Chopper" Read, I thought this was one of the most bold and truthful movies about a criminal I have seen in a while, they've taken it to the places it had to go as far as story and the portrayal of Chopper's crimes. I was very impressed and satisfied with their courage to show the gruesome truth of his murders. I believe this is a must see for anyone who has an appreciation for great directing, acting, editing, and storytelling. By the way I had to see chopper on video because the theatre that was showing it at the time of it's U.S. release gave it an NC-17 rating. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not that hapened all over the U.S.? Expand
  13. AndrewH.
    Aug 8, 2001
    It steals a bit from Guy Ritchie here and there, but I was intrigued as hell by this film. Between the acting and the setup, some scenes were mad suspenseful.
  14. MatthewA.
    Jun 18, 2001
    I think it was a great movie. The movie was pretty funny because it was overdramatised but if they just put the movie the way it really happened it would be more serious and boring but that might have made people think more seriously to understand that it really did happen and it was a bad crime. But I think Chopper should not have gone to prison for 16.5 years because he only killed drug I think it was a great movie. The movie was pretty funny because it was overdramatised but if they just put the movie the way it really happened it would be more serious and boring but that might have made people think more seriously to understand that it really did happen and it was a bad crime. But I think Chopper should not have gone to prison for 16.5 years because he only killed drug dealers and robbers. Now he is trying his best to do the right thing because he has wrote a children's book and has done some things for the community. Expand

This fictionalized, frequently stomach-churning biography of Australian criminal Mark Chopper Read features the most bloody ear-severing scene since "Reservoir Dogs."
    An impressionistic portrait of the seductive nature of evil.
  3. Its dabs of dark comedy and stabs of gore, still rings with a sense of the real. It's electric-charged.