Cinderella Man

8.4

1. KarlM.
    Sep 14, 2005
    Ron Howard should be executed and Renee Zellweger burned at the stake. Justice! Justice be made!
  2. ThomasJ.
    Jun 4, 2005
    A strong contender for me for "The Worst Movie of 2005."
  3. SamJ.
    Jun 3, 2005
    An embarrassing and shameless boxing flick that uses an endless series of cliches to tell its dull story.
  4. JohnB.
    Jun 4, 2005
    So many 10s for such a mediocre movie, in fact a bad one!
  5. LarryW.
    Jun 7, 2005
    Trash from Hollywood's most famous hack director.
  6. JoeR.
    Jun 11, 2005
    The most superficial American film I've seen in years. These "professionals" should be ashamed of themselves. Everything rings false.
  7. Sondra
    Jun 19, 2005
    Although this movie had a theme of victory and redemption and even though it was actually a story of common man "heroism"....the grossness of "in your face" battering, blood and obscenities coming out of the screen with lightning rapidity shot this thing out of the water. Great story..... I wish I'd simply read about it.
  8. MarcD.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Forget the rest of this garbage...does anyone else out there just hate how smug that prick Russell Crowe is? Intolerable.
  9. AndreaD.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Deliberate Oscar bait which is rarely better than mediocre. Definitely a "wait for DVD" movie. The down-your-throat marketing campaign is much like "Seabiscuit," which was released by the same studio.
  10. AndrewS.
    Jun 4, 2005
    I must laugh at the mindless people above who say things like "Oscars for everyone." That is exactly what this film intended when conceived. There is little art here, only boredom, pretension and manipulation.
  11. JamesM.
    Jun 4, 2005
    A fraudulent movie throughout. Rene Zellweger gets the prize as the most embarrassing performance in the film; this is Howard's pandering to the Hollywood "formula." Nothing original here, and little to keep you watching. Pop in your DVD of "Raginbg Bull."
  12. JanetM.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Paul Giamatti, who was spectacular in "Sideways," uses his eyebrows a lot her; Zellweger gives the worst performance of her career, and Crowe is quite good. Nonetheless this is a turkey.
  13. JasonG.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Filled with sugar and bland segments, this film is nothing more than underdog bravado done with forgettable plainess. One of the worst boxing films ever made. The users who are praising it should get a life; what simpletons!!!
  14. MartyK.
    Jun 4, 2005
    This movie, clearly aimed at winning Oscars despite its early-in-the-year release is devoid of art, only shameless commercialism.
  15. FrankA.
    Jun 4, 2005
    So many boxing movies over the years have excelled; unfortunately this is one of the worst out there. The people who like this drivel don't expect much from the movies except mindless entertainment. I advise you to investigate foreign cinema!
  16. TonyL.
    Jun 6, 2005
    A total and complete embarrassment!
  17. EricW.
    Jun 7, 2005
    This is a formula movie, and the worst possible kind. The people who are praising it are the same ones who watch professional wrestling.
  18. FrankC.
    Jun 7, 2005
    Through the years we have had some splendid boxing flicks, like Champion, Body and Soul, The Set-Up, Rocky, Million Dollar Baby and especially Raging Bull. This is the worst of them all.
  19. JamesG.
    Jun 7, 2005
    A boring and trite boxing movie with awful performances.
  20. JamesC.
    Jun 4, 2005
    The schmaltz patrol of Glazer, Howard, and Marshall use their usual "I've got nothing to say so I'll use a cliche" come up with and another stinker. Why say things once when you can say it five or six times. I'm sure he did becuase he expected audience members to doze off during the film. Thank you Mr. Howard. Please value your time and pass on this turkey. I gave it three The schmaltz patrol of Glazer, Howard, and Marshall use their usual "I've got nothing to say so I'll use a cliche" come up with and another stinker. Why say things once when you can say it five or six times. I'm sure he did becuase he expected audience members to doze off during the film. Thank you Mr. Howard. Please value your time and pass on this turkey. I gave it three stars because each ugly stepsister deserves one star for staying home and not having to sit through this dreadful film. Poor Cinderellla. Expand
  21. MartyB.
    Jun 7, 2005
    I can't stand reading all the 10's for this shameless spectacle of manipulation. Zellweger should be banished from the acting profession after this debacle!
  22. ThomasB.
    Jun 11, 2005
    A hopelessly cliched, formula film that seems to be rallying all the unsophisticated moviegoers. Definitely for the dumbest!

Despite the tale's dusty pedigree, Ron Howard spins a ticket-worthy two-plus hours of movie-movie entertainment.
    Lacking a more specific sense of time and place, Cinderella Man leans heavily on the technically proficient Crowe to slip into Braddock's skin, but he can only do so much with a character who's ready to be mounted in bronze over Central Park.
    It's the classic American tale of the family man triumphant, and Howard makes sure that it hits you right in the heart.