8.0

1. Nov 28, 2012
    Gripping, rousing, and redolent of a much harder time, "Cinderella Man" is a purely endearing masterpiece of a sports drama.
  2. Jun 7, 2011
    This Movie was undouptedly one of the top favorite films from the amazing Russell Crowe. It portrays the struggle of living in America during the Great Depression and reveals the triumphant live of boxer James Braddock. Russell Crowe plays the roll of a compassionate husband and father so well that I wish I had him as an uncle. despite being a feirce boxing champion he does not give off the impression of being a meat-head, testosterone driven bulldog. His ethical and tranquil character is what makes the film which totally contradicts the stereotypical boxer. Another twist that i loved about the film is when he goes broke and goes the to boxing confederation to beg for enough money to get his kids back. that was a really moving scene. although i loved the movie i thought the actress playing James Braddock's wife could of been a little more attractive, boxers usually have HOT wives and they are always enjoyable to watch, especially when they play the roll of a faithful and caring wife. Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2014
    One of the best movies I have ever seen, and by a long shot the most UNDERRATED movie I have ever seen, and I am not a fan of boxing or sports in general. I'm a sci-fi nerd. Did you hear that? A sci-fi nerd. And yet this movie about BOXING blew my mind. See it!
  4. Jul 27, 2014
    This one had all the trappings of your regular old boxing film, but swiftly avoids all of them by making it almost more of a Great Depression film than a boxing film. Now, the film is certainly familiar at times, but thanks to a powerhouse performance from Russell Crowe and great direction from Ron Howard, it still feels fresh and new. In addition, the set design for 1930s New York/New Jersey is great and feels very authentic. Ultimately, the film is incredibly inspirational, touching, moving, and will have you rooting for Braddock from your couch, even if you know what the end result will be. Thus, in that way, this one reminds you of the magic of film, as even though it may not be the most technically brilliant film or the best one ever, it makes you care and feel something even when you know what is coming next due to the type of film it is. For that, Cinderella Man is a good film that will undoubtedly leave you feeling entertained. Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2014
    You can enjoy Cinderella man even if you don`t like Boxing. It gets much deeper than boxing by touching on his life during the great depression.He struggles in life witch makes it more amazing when he wins fights on an empty stomach.
  6. Oct 26, 2013
    With a talented acting ensemble and a historically accurate script, 'Cinderella Man' is an uplifting story that will appeal to viewers of all ages and interests due to its combination of action, drama, romance, and humor.
  7. Oct 8, 2014
    This movie is very moving! It is my all time favorite boxing movie. I relate to the characters so much. I honestly cry a couple times while watching this movie EVERY TiME!!!!! I highly recommend!

1. Reviewed by: Ed Halter
    Despite the tale's dusty pedigree, Ron Howard spins a ticket-worthy two-plus hours of movie-movie entertainment.
    Lacking a more specific sense of time and place, Cinderella Man leans heavily on the technically proficient Crowe to slip into Braddock's skin, but he can only do so much with a character who's ready to be mounted in bronze over Central Park.
    It's the classic American tale of the family man triumphant, and Howard makes sure that it hits you right in the heart.