5.2

1. Apr 16, 2012
    because the film has good action and effect and concentrates primarily on those things, many people have linked it with the Transformers movies, but i think they're different. this one is better because you don't hate the main character. the story doesn't feel like it merely existed to connect the fight scenes, some work was actually put into it. the movie in the end achieves the goals itbecause the film has good action and effect and concentrates primarily on those things, many people have linked it with the Transformers movies, but i think they're different. this one is better because you don't hate the main character. the story doesn't feel like it merely existed to connect the fight scenes, some work was actually put into it. the movie in the end achieves the goals it sets for itself. Expand
  2. Apr 11, 2012
    This film, like the first has received a lot of poor reviews, however, these reviews must be by people who expect a lot more, the same people probably expect the Transformers movies to have complicated plot points and superb story lines. Like the Transformer movies, this is just a fun film with great action, fantastic 3D, possibly the best 3D i've seen in a non animated movie. SamThis film, like the first has received a lot of poor reviews, however, these reviews must be by people who expect a lot more, the same people probably expect the Transformers movies to have complicated plot points and superb story lines. Like the Transformer movies, this is just a fun film with great action, fantastic 3D, possibly the best 3D i've seen in a non animated movie. Sam Worthington is great in it (although his perm is slightly off putting). Basically this film is just 2 hours of fun, what can be wrong with that? Expand
  3. Jan 26, 2013
    Great from start to finish. Lots of action! Lots of action!! Lots of Action!!! It had very very little of the Lovey Dovey stuff, or side comedy crap. It had fights, blood, kills, adventure All that good stuff!
  4. Apr 14, 2012
    It's really not about the plot at all. No one went to this movie to see what happens to Zeus or Hades or Ares. No one went to this movie because they cared about what happened to Perseus. Everyone who went, went because they saw that this film is jam packed with monsters, some of the best CGI that rivals that of Avatar, and lots of action. The best part? The crew who made this movieIt's really not about the plot at all. No one went to this movie to see what happens to Zeus or Hades or Ares. No one went to this movie because they cared about what happened to Perseus. Everyone who went, went because they saw that this film is jam packed with monsters, some of the best CGI that rivals that of Avatar, and lots of action. The best part? The crew who made this movie acknowledges that. The previews show lots of action and lots of monsters. They had a series of short youtube videos talking about the monsters. Because that's why they made this movie, and let me tell you this, they did it almost to perfection. The monsters look amazing (especially Kronos) and the action with them is intense and fun to watch. This is a movie to see in theaters with your friends (that's exactly what I did). It's a great action film and it delivers it with a constant sense of danger that keeps you almost at the edge of your seat unless it's the scene with the Makhai (the two torso creatures with four arms towards the end) that makes you fall back in your seat and your jaw drop. Just like with Clash of the Titans, it's advertised as exactly what it is. I give it a 9 for doing so and because it is so awesome. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2012
    This was a great film, loved the 3D effect. Loved the tie in of Greek Mythology. Holding a great message and great casting. Overall an enjoyable movie to watch for those that arent into Greek Mythology.
  6. Apr 28, 2012
    I had doubts for this film, I thought it was going to be like the first...which isn't a good thing; you see, Clash of the Titans was a rather disappointing film and I thought I was going to feel the same way about this...I was wrong for sure. Wrath of the Titans is a film that in my opinion became better and better as the film went on. Wrath provides great visuals, great 3D and a dedicatedI had doubts for this film, I thought it was going to be like the first...which isn't a good thing; you see, Clash of the Titans was a rather disappointing film and I thought I was going to feel the same way about this...I was wrong for sure. Wrath of the Titans is a film that in my opinion became better and better as the film went on. Wrath provides great visuals, great 3D and a dedicated performance by Liam Neeson and Ralph Feines. In fact, the only bad performance in the film was from Sam Worthington...who always plays himself in every film he is in! Overall, Wrath of the Titans is a major improvement over the disappointing Clash of the Titans, this is what Clash was supposed to be. Expand
  7. Mar 30, 2012
    Just got finished watching the midnight showing. I had already read the reviews and saw that it was getting some flack but decided to check it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprised that I walked away doubting the reviewers I had previously read. The movie is a solid action flick, good special effects, and much improved 3D over the original. Overall I feel the pacing was much better thanJust got finished watching the midnight showing. I had already read the reviews and saw that it was getting some flack but decided to check it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprised that I walked away doubting the reviewers I had previously read. The movie is a solid action flick, good special effects, and much improved 3D over the original. Overall I feel the pacing was much better than Clash and more intense. The mythology aspect was improved upon as well (although not following much to real mythos), but the involvement of the super natural was a lot heavier. The only real complaints are there wasn't much explanation for the basis of the story or reviving Cronos... It kind of just is happening. The characters weren't too deep, but honestly I wasn't expecting that anyway. Sam Worthington is improved but still so-so. Either way, I was entertained and so was the group I went with. From the discussions overheard after exiting the movie, it seems that the audience as a whole liked it too. Worth checking out if you want to see a fun action flick or enjoy mythology. Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2012
    I really liked the film there is some great action scenes good special effects and the 3 D was pretty good as well not really sure why it gets such a low score as it was much better then Clash Of The Titans.
  9. Mar 30, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I loved this movie. Those who are complaining about the story are just being overly critical. That is the critics job. The story is easily enough understood. Perseus is trying to stop the titans to protect his son. Simple as that. The action scenes and CGI are fantastic and the final battle will blow you away. There are many references to Greek mythology andLet me start by saying that I loved this movie. Those who are complaining about the story are just being overly critical. That is the critics job. The story is easily enough understood. Perseus is trying to stop the titans to protect his son. Simple as that. The action scenes and CGI are fantastic and the final battle will blow you away. There are many references to Greek mythology and this movie lets you see more of the gods and their awesome powers. The only reason this gets a nine is because the 3-D kind of sucks, but who cares? So, if your not nit-picky about the story, don't care about 3-D, and love action, then go and see this movie now! Expand
  10. Apr 6, 2012
    I actually really enjoyed this movie. What exactly are you expecting in a movie such as this when you criticize the story, acting, character development? This is a Monster movie, ideal for a Saturday afternoon with little thought needed. Check your high-brow, internal critic at the door and just let it be the roller coaster it was intended. You won't be disappointed.
  11. Mar 30, 2012
    WOW really 36/100. can't believe Critic's sometimes, just seen the movie its alot better then Clash Of The Titans. Story might not be %100 by the book but its worth watching.
  12. Mar 30, 2012
    I think that the film is better than the first Titans, because in the other all be boring, and the horrible 3D uff, I don't wanna remember, but this film is really good, have great action moments, and have other good things. Wrath of the Titans is cool.
  13. Apr 2, 2012
    Glad I didn't listen to the reviews on this one. I wanted to relax and watch some good action and great 3D with no lame drama and that's what I got. Not every movie needs to be a Blade Runner or The English Patient.
  14. Apr 2, 2012
    first things first i want to get rid of what people say about the bad acting in this film it has Liam Neeson in it and he is amazing. the next thing is the amazing special effects in this film but i will warn you i didn't watch this in 3d and neither should you it can make a film get a really bad reputation. know sadly on to why it was only an 8 out of 10. the story feels a bit rushed ifirst things first i want to get rid of what people say about the bad acting in this film it has Liam Neeson in it and he is amazing. the next thing is the amazing special effects in this film but i will warn you i didn't watch this in 3d and neither should you it can make a film get a really bad reputation. know sadly on to why it was only an 8 out of 10. the story feels a bit rushed i hardly remember the names of the characters and with in the first 5 minutes there is action. GIVE IT A STORY. i would have given this film a 10 if it had a good story. what a shame. Expand
  15. Mar 31, 2012
    Excelente película, la sinapsis, el desempeño de cada personaje, es una película maravillosa. 100% recomendada.Los efectos especiales son excelentes y el maquillaje.
  16. Mar 30, 2012
    Unless you've been using chastity belt for your TV, you must have knowledge of Greek mythology by now. So many depictions had been made to milk it, and for better or worse, Wrath of Titans falls in the good graph but lesser story category. It has its moments, mostly brotherly or fatherly love, so if you're in it for Gemma Artenton wearing pseudo combat bikini, there's little to nothing toUnless you've been using chastity belt for your TV, you must have knowledge of Greek mythology by now. So many depictions had been made to milk it, and for better or worse, Wrath of Titans falls in the good graph but lesser story category. It has its moments, mostly brotherly or fatherly love, so if you're in it for Gemma Artenton wearing pseudo combat bikini, there's little to nothing to do here. Plenty of combat and CG, it also has a thin plot, but it's decently eye pleasing.

I'm happy to inform that the 3D works, unlike most movies nowadays that fool you into believing they do. Its visceral graph continuously tugs you in on the action and it uses wonderfully simple effects to give that illusion of depth perception. Some of the shots are fast and focused which instill necessarily tension. The visual works well, especially in outdoor sequences where it shines, the indoor scenes are a tad below par though.

In this episode, Zeus takes a break from transforming into various objects to get laid in order to save the world from the grip of his father, Kronos. As the myth goes, Kronos is a very unpleasant titan, he eats his children and being practically mountain size, he's virtually almighty. Until Zeus survives his fate and with the help of his brothers, Poseidon and Hades, seals the titan and all is good. However the vast population begins to turn into atheists, making Zeus and the rest impotent. This is where Perseus, the Kraken slayer, comes to save his father and saves the world.

He meets with other allies, a demigod and a warrior queen. This set of one hero, one joker and one chick reminds of Scorpion King, and it's not actually far from that premise. They journey to various places to find a way to defeat Kronos, without spoiling anything, it includes jamming a certain sharp object into his throat, because it's the most logical plot when facing a dastardly villain. Acting is good throughout, with big names like Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson and Bill Nighy as the supports. They provide most of its bulk content, and individually better than Sam Worthington who seems more comfortable in his role but still trapped in the heroic cliché.

Plot revolves much around the ridge in the heavenly patriarch hierarchy, there's a lot of father issue going on here. It gets bland quite a bit while the dialogues are mostly adequate. Some creatures, while not as many as the predecessor, appear for those certain fight scenes specifically, it could be better if their roles are more integrated into the story. With charismatic cast, it does help to boost the dramatization, but it still ends up one dimensional. CG is pleasingly good, but the melee choreograph couldâ
  17. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie is quite simple 1 of the few 2012 blockbusters that are actually worth going to. The experience was so EPIC! that i felt the need to capture some footage with my blackberry so i could watch the ending over and over again until it releases on blu-ray. This movie may not have the most mind blowing story but the action is top notch and if you fail to see that you are a loser whoThis movie is quite simple 1 of the few 2012 blockbusters that are actually worth going to. The experience was so EPIC! that i felt the need to capture some footage with my blackberry so i could watch the ending over and over again until it releases on blu-ray. This movie may not have the most mind blowing story but the action is top notch and if you fail to see that you are a loser who should go see the help and forever remain alone and far from action movies. This movie is up there in my top 3 rank. Transformers series, Iron Man series, Clash and Wrath of the Titans series. These actors were also wonderful to watch and it toward the last minutes of the movie i literally shed a tear because it was such a heart warming moment. >:-) action high budget blockbusters FTW!!! Expand
  18. Jul 13, 2012
    I must say this film was beyond my expectations. I thought this movie was horrible given the score critics gave it. I watched it in Blu-ray and the effects/CA were outstanding. The plot isn't that bad too, although it would be better if they prolonged the movie to 2h 20min whilst giving more info and going more deeply into the story. As a fan of any mythological based thing I give itI must say this film was beyond my expectations. I thought this movie was horrible given the score critics gave it. I watched it in Blu-ray and the effects/CA were outstanding. The plot isn't that bad too, although it would be better if they prolonged the movie to 2h 20min whilst giving more info and going more deeply into the story. As a fan of any mythological based thing I give it 10/10.
    P.S. Now I realize that "professional" critics are not to be trusted
  19. Apr 8, 2012
    "Wrath" is much better than "Clash". The 3D for Clash is the worse I have ever seen, and they cleaned it up for this version. The special effects are excellent throughout which is also an improvement from the first installment. The pacing is good, it is never slow. The biggest drawbacks are the accents that some of the actors have, particularly Sam Worthington. I can't understand half"Wrath" is much better than "Clash". The 3D for Clash is the worse I have ever seen, and they cleaned it up for this version. The special effects are excellent throughout which is also an improvement from the first installment. The pacing is good, it is never slow. The biggest drawbacks are the accents that some of the actors have, particularly Sam Worthington. I can't understand half the things he says, and he is the main character. Another problem is the HORRIBLE "Shaky Cam" throughout the movie. Better take a motion sickness pill before this one. You can't see what is going on in any of the major fight scenes. Overall it was a mindless, fun action picture, and a pretty good one at that. Expand
  20. Apr 5, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans was different from its predecessor film, clash of the titans 2010. the story was weak, not enough details to the movie, but the special effects to the film were on point including on Kronos. the cast to the Wrath film were good, the actions or battles were great, better than the first. my opinion this film is one of the best I see so far.
  21. May 10, 2012
    I'll admit, I didn't dislike "Clash of the Titans" like many people did back in 2010. And frankly, I don't really understand much of the hate for this one either. 3D was actually good this time. Seeing Bill Nighy go all Davy Jones with his dialogue made the POTC fan inside me squeal.
  22. Aug 25, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an excellent CGI monster-movie dust up. The plot and script may well be paint-by-numbers but the action scenes are very exciting indeed. The effects are absolutely jaw dropping! Wrath of the Titans made me feel like a kid again, full of awe and excitement. And that's very hard to come by these days.
  23. Apr 8, 2012
    It was nice to end the story. I expected to be worse but still it was better for me than the first part. I hope not the third part, because the second was enough to end the story. I give a weak eighth.
  24. Sep 18, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans was a really good film. I watched it in 3D on my new LG 55-in HDTV with passive glasses and it was a visual feast. Seriously, this is a true home theater experience and it brought the best in "Wrath" out. The film had a great storyline, great cinematics, awesome action scenes, and superb special effects: Mythical creatures looked truly authentic, and the ultra-godWrath of the Titans was a really good film. I watched it in 3D on my new LG 55-in HDTV with passive glasses and it was a visual feast. Seriously, this is a true home theater experience and it brought the best in "Wrath" out. The film had a great storyline, great cinematics, awesome action scenes, and superb special effects: Mythical creatures looked truly authentic, and the ultra-god Chronos was most fearsome. The only criticism to level is the same I had with "Immortals", and that's the disappointment that the classical "gods" were played by mere mortals, ie Liam Neeson as Zeus. Outside of that, it was time well spent being entertained by this film. Expand
  25. Apr 11, 2012
    I love this series off films and I like the fist one but I think this one was a much better film as it had a stronger plot even though the plot is not the strongest plot ever made but still it was good and worth a try.
  26. Aug 10, 2012
    The dialogue is ridiculous, but if you don't take the film too seriously--and it doesn't go all out to encourage you to--then you might find it's good entertainment.
  27. Apr 28, 2012
    Better effects and more storyline than the first. People have it in for this series but I am not alone in really liking these flicks. Climax is a bit of a letdown, but some really good set pieces and great B Movie dialogue make for a great movie experience.
  28. Jul 21, 2012
    Although Wrath of the Titans was not as good as Clash of the Titans, it was still a good movie. Parts were rather boring but the last few scenes were pretty cool. It did not have the spectacular special effects and battle scenes that were in the first, it was still worth watching.
  29. Aug 18, 2012
    Fixes a lot of problems of the first one: the characters are more likeable, the VFX are more polished and it feels like a proper adventure film. Okay, so it's still historically inaccurate and maybe the 3D isn't better than 'clash' (don't know haven't seen it in 3D) but it's a decent film and maybe people are judging it to harshly coz of it's relation to the first one.
  30. Aug 14, 2012
    It has issues with the story and pacing similar to Clash of the Titans, but the action is pretty entertaining when it happens and the 3D is a massive improvement.
  31. Feb 2, 2015
    That is right an 8. This movie pure unadulterated pop fantasy. It has some great effects matched with some excellent cinematography. The blu ray looks stellar and this one improves on most of the missteps of the first movie, which I would rate about 4 or a 5. Rosmund Pike is in this and she is pretty good. Worthington is the same and all of the hate of this movie came down because ofThat is right an 8. This movie pure unadulterated pop fantasy. It has some great effects matched with some excellent cinematography. The blu ray looks stellar and this one improves on most of the missteps of the first movie, which I would rate about 4 or a 5. Rosmund Pike is in this and she is pretty good. Worthington is the same and all of the hate of this movie came down because of his wooden performance. But there are too many good things in the movie that allow it to rise above. Expand
  32. May 23, 2014
    This movie had everything it needed to be a timeless classic, it had great action, excellent special effects and CGI, outstanding creature designs, but in the end none of this gets enough focus. Why? Because this movie is just TOO short! 90 minutes is not nearly enough to squeeze in all of the excellent things this film has to offer. This movie feels a lot like Lord of the Rings, theThis movie had everything it needed to be a timeless classic, it had great action, excellent special effects and CGI, outstanding creature designs, but in the end none of this gets enough focus. Why? Because this movie is just TOO short! 90 minutes is not nearly enough to squeeze in all of the excellent things this film has to offer. This movie feels a lot like Lord of the Rings, the soundtrack, the creatures, a lot of moments almost felt like the same ones from LotR, but it's Lord of the Rings if the entire trilogy was squished into 90 minutes! I would love to see another film or remake that takes this and extends it to a good couple of hours. Expand
  33. Jun 8, 2013
    A good sequel to an okay movie. The story was... okay, but could've been better, same go's with how long the film is. Felt to short, certain scenes went by pretty fast, then it was over. However, the explosive 3D action is something to see!
    The reviews for this movie are atrocious! Can't seem to impress any of these critics these days anymore.
  34. Jun 13, 2013
    As a person that really enjoyed the 2010 Clash of the Titans remake, I was eager to see the sequel, the Wrath of the Titans. I was not disappointed. In some areas it surpasses the original. The special effects are absolutely stunning. The creatures and monsters that Perseus does battle with are rendered with breath taking photo realism This self professed CGI junkie is very happy to beAs a person that really enjoyed the 2010 Clash of the Titans remake, I was eager to see the sequel, the Wrath of the Titans. I was not disappointed. In some areas it surpasses the original. The special effects are absolutely stunning. The creatures and monsters that Perseus does battle with are rendered with breath taking photo realism This self professed CGI junkie is very happy to be living in an age when the special effects have reached this quality.

Similar to Clash of the Titans the move has an uncomplicated straight forward story. It is also more of an action adventure tale than the first one. At the start of the movie we find Perseus living the quiet life with his young son. His wife, Io, has passed away. One day Zeus appears to Perseus saying he needs his help as the power of the gods weakens through man's disbelief. Perseus refuses until hell breaks loose and Zeus is captured by Hades and Zeus's son Ares who is jealous of the way his father has favored Perseus. With the help from Queen Andromeda and others Persues embarks on an epic quest to the mountain of Tartarus where Zeus's father, the Titan Kronos, has been entombed and where Zeus is being held and drained of his power.

This movie also had a bit more comic relief and humor than the original and this makes it a more lighthearted, fun and entertaining experience. The acting is fine and the all-star cast brings an otherwise straight B movie up a notch or two in quality. Movies like the 2010 remake and this sequel remind me of the 50s golden era of science fiction, fantasy and sword and sandals movies. Those were all B grade moves but still a lot of fun. So I view the Titans franchise in the same light and as long as they're enjoyable like this then I say bring on part 3!

1. Reviewed by: Mark Holcomb
    Mar 31, 2012
    What it lacks are the very elements that made the first movie such a surprise: wit and nerve.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Mar 31, 2012
    An imagined conversation between Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, after the premiere of Wrath of the Titans...
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 31, 2012
    For those with a burning curiosity to know how "The Lord of the Rings" as directed by Michael Bay might look, Wrath of the Titans provides an idea. This is epic fantasy for teenage boys as only Hollywood can do it: with plenty of grotesque monsters and big explosions replacing characters and narrative.