5.2

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Like its predecessor, this unnecessary, box office hauling sequel hurls at us tiring action sequences, bland characters, a lame storyline and a false portrayal of Greek Gods. Its only "pro" is that it is slightly better than its dreadful predecessor.
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    The only chance for you to end up liking this movie is if you are watching an action movie for the first time. Not even worth your time let alone your money.
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    Still rather inaccurate in terms of mythology, but that was to be expected given that the first one was also inaccurate. More monsters and action than the first one, with the as-expected excellent special effects, and that makes me give it about the same score as the first, otherwise this would've gotten a 4. As one reviewer said the fight choreography was subpar and that same reviewer pointed out that it was extremely similar plot to Immortals (and he's right!). I'd say the acting is actually better in this one. Standard reluctant hero and family betrayal/drama/redemption plot so nothing new there. Not terrible, but I wouldn't say it's good either. Expand
  4. Aug 31, 2013
    Wrath, clash, smash, bash, it's all the same for Sam Worthington as he returns as Greek demigod Perseus. Wrath is very similar in style, plot and well just about everything else to Louis Leterrier's 2010 Clash of the Titans. It treads the same ground, impressive visuals, monsters, battles, the reluctant hero, nothing is new.

The film certainly doesn't score any points for it's dialogue.
    Somebody needs to explain to me why writers continually load scripts with cheesy lines. Point in case being Perseus looking up at the cyclops towering over him for the first time and saying to himself, 'You gotta be kidding me'. WHY, WHY, WHY, doesn't anyone from the directors to the actor themselves resist spouting garbage like this.

I struggle to comprehend why the likes of Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson and Bill Nighy, making his first appearance of the franchise, bother with this type of mediocrity.

Wrath of the Titans is not going to win any awards for originality, script or its acting. I guess that no-one watches this film with those kind of expectations, however for mindless, action blockbusters there are better options.
  5. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wrath has less than The Clash in all respects. Acting hammy no story only one titan no real wrath I cannot really contain my wrath they just used the same sequences as the first. Really and the ending was the same as first why Expand
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    Epic movies have been around for several years now. Simply throwing action and graphics at a movie can no longer make it great. Epics have been pulled down to the level of an average movie. We must care about the characters. The dialogue must be worthwhile. The storyline cannot be linear and bland. Wrath of the Titans, although enjoyable, did not get the memo.
  7. Jun 13, 2013
    As a person that really enjoyed the 2010 Clash of the Titans remake, I was eager to see the sequel, the Wrath of the Titans. I was not disappointed. In some areas it surpasses the original. The special effects are absolutely stunning. The creatures and monsters that Perseus does battle with are rendered with breath taking photo realism This self professed CGI junkie is very happy to be living in an age when the special effects have reached this quality.

Similar to Clash of the Titans the move has an uncomplicated straight forward story. It is also more of an action adventure tale than the first one. At the start of the movie we find Perseus living the quiet life with his young son. His wife, Io, has passed away. One day Zeus appears to Perseus saying he needs his help as the power of the gods weakens through man's disbelief. Perseus refuses until hell breaks loose and Zeus is captured by Hades and Zeus's son Ares who is jealous of the way his father has favored Perseus. With the help from Queen Andromeda and others Persues embarks on an epic quest to the mountain of Tartarus where Zeus's father, the Titan Kronos, has been entombed and where Zeus is being held and drained of his power.

This movie also had a bit more comic relief and humor than the original and this makes it a more lighthearted, fun and entertaining experience. The acting is fine and the all-star cast brings an otherwise straight B movie up a notch or two in quality. Movies like the 2010 remake and this sequel remind me of the 50s golden era of science fiction, fantasy and sword and sandals movies. Those were all B grade moves but still a lot of fun. So I view the Titans franchise in the same light and as long as they're enjoyable like this then I say bring on part 3!
  8. Jun 8, 2013
    A good sequel to an okay movie. The story was... okay, but could've been better, same go's with how long the film is. Felt to short, certain scenes went by pretty fast, then it was over. However, the explosive 3D action is something to see!
    The reviews for this movie are atrocious! Can't seem to impress any of these critics these days anymore.
  9. May 24, 2013
    While it actually makes use of 3-D in this film, It's a god awful movie. Terrible script, Horrible acting outside of Neeson and Fiennes (who are the stars of the film as Zeus and Hades and imo are the best part of the film). Action scenes are often cluttered (too much going on at once) and poorly done. Don't see how anyone can like it, Let alone give it a positive review.
  10. Jan 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is wrong with this movie you may ask. everything is wrong with this movie. None of the charm from the first movie is in this one. The plot is a joke, and the gods just disappear at the end of the movie and people are happy with that. The gods are not treated as gods in this movie but expendable action heroes. There were no memorable additions to the movie except for the navigator which we barely got to hear talk through out the movie. I can see the continuity between the rebellion against gods and the death of gods, but that should not be possible. It is an outrageously bad idea to just kill them off, and even put some of the supposedly good gods i as bad gods. Ares turns evil and Hades turns good. This movie is not worth watching no matter what Expand
  11. Jan 26, 2013
    Great from start to finish. Lots of action! Lots of action!! Lots of Action!!! It had very very little of the Lovey Dovey stuff, or side comedy crap. It had fights, blood, kills, adventure All that good stuff!
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    Clash of the Titans was certainly a flawed film but I enjoyed it and was highly entertained. I enjoyed this sequel, sort of, but it isn't all that entertaining. The CGI was fantastic, but I had no idea what the point of the story was or who any of the characters were.
  13. Dec 4, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans may have more suspense and has slowed down to make a more emotional do, but is missing clash's overall feel and well-done camera angles, it pointlessly adds more characters, including Aires, who truly comes out of nowhere, really, when he first appeared, it was out of nowhere, appearing like the viewer knows him, but actually has no idea of who the heck he is! The acting in this film is worse than it is in the first installment, and is more cheesy than ever; also, the dialogue tries to be funny, but instead you want to walk out of the room over pure bore dumb. The CGI and special effects have seemed to lose there charm, looking more computerized and lifeless as ever, the action is also lifeless, due to the awful acting and lack of the predecessor's charm... While you watch this film, you think how it could have been so much better, and how it could have been a better experience to watch, but there's no way of changing it now, it will always remain as a high budget Hollywood movie trailer that just trails on for too long and fails to excite, so I give this film... 4.7/10. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2012
    The first was cheese and we restrained from hating it, but this one isn't self-aware. It thinks its something serious, something worthy of our contemplation, and it's not. Like the first, it's just cheese. Moldy cheese at that.
  15. Oct 19, 2012
    I have never seen the first movie, so all I knew this movie was bad and it was. Its been a bad year for films this year and this review is just lowing the average. Wrath of the Titans 4.1/10
  16. Sep 18, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans was a really good film. I watched it in 3D on my new LG 55-in HDTV with passive glasses and it was a visual feast. Seriously, this is a true home theater experience and it brought the best in "Wrath" out. The film had a great storyline, great cinematics, awesome action scenes, and superb special effects: Mythical creatures looked truly authentic, and the ultra-god Chronos was most fearsome. The only criticism to level is the same I had with "Immortals", and that's the disappointment that the classical "gods" were played by mere mortals, ie Liam Neeson as Zeus. Outside of that, it was time well spent being entertained by this film. Expand
  17. Sep 5, 2012
    I'm a pretty big fan of Greek mythology action movies like this one, and when I saw the trailer for this one I was expecting a super awesome action packed movie with almost non-stop fighting. Unfortunately that isn't what I got, what I got is a decent movie with slightly lackluster action, simple plot, and cliche dialog. On the plus side the acting is good. Even though it's not really that great of a movie I still enjoyed it, mostly due to the Greek mythology fan in me, and in the end I realized that there are worse movies I've wasted my time on. Worth a rental. Expand
  18. Aug 25, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an excellent CGI monster-movie dust up. The plot and script may well be paint-by-numbers but the action scenes are very exciting indeed. The effects are absolutely jaw dropping! Wrath of the Titans made me feel like a kid again, full of awe and excitement. And that's very hard to come by these days.
  19. Aug 21, 2012
    Its fun for what it is just 90 minutes of fun action with some cool special effects mch like the first one was. Its just popcorn film don't go in expecting a great plot or plot twists just great action and some real nice visaul effects and the bare minumem of every thing els.
  20. Aug 18, 2012
    Fixes a lot of problems of the first one: the characters are more likeable, the VFX are more polished and it feels like a proper adventure film. Okay, so it's still historically inaccurate and maybe the 3D isn't better than 'clash' (don't know haven't seen it in 3D) but it's a decent film and maybe people are judging it to harshly coz of it's relation to the first one.
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    It has issues with the story and pacing similar to Clash of the Titans, but the action is pretty entertaining when it happens and the 3D is a massive improvement.
  22. Aug 10, 2012
    The dialogue is ridiculous, but if you don't take the film too seriously--and it doesn't go all out to encourage you to--then you might find it's good entertainment.
  23. Aug 6, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an overall headache-inducing experience. It has amazing visuals that are ugly and assault the eyes, sets that look completely staged, and a sense of no joy whatsoever. As far as a comparison to it's predecessor, the two are almost indistinguishable. They are both loud, emotionless, painful, and do nothing to leave their cultural mark on anything. Sadly, though, with a franchise this widely seem, they will leave several marks, closer to scars than beauty spots. The only reason I can give to see this film is the visuals, but for their technical wizardry, not their beauty. There is also a single moment of humor near the end that catches you off guard because the rest of the movie is so horribly serious. You will feel the wrath, that's for certain. Expand
  24. Aug 2, 2012
    I came into the movie not expecting much, and boy did it succeed in being one of the worst movies i've ever seen. The only real good acting was by Bill Nighy and Liam Neeson. Some of the actor's accents really put me off. The CGI looked like it was made by a 12 year old uploading a test render to Youtube. There were a couple good moments but that wasn't enough to fix an overall bad movie.
  25. Jul 21, 2012
    Although Wrath of the Titans was not as good as Clash of the Titans, it was still a good movie. Parts were rather boring but the last few scenes were pretty cool. It did not have the spectacular special effects and battle scenes that were in the first, it was still worth watching.
  26. Jul 18, 2012
    A very mediocre film, and maybe even a little less. Wrath of the Titans has good special effects, and that's about it. The characters are shallow and the story is not that interesting, making the final product very boring.
  27. Jul 17, 2012
    A film that seems to only use the names of Greek gods and goddesses for the potential, yet withered benefit of the film rarely awards it viewers with the satisfaction of knowing that they're in for a treat with this lackluster sequel. I'm not hammering the film, yet it seems to have a few more pros than cons this time round after the mediocre attempt at Clash of the Titans remake in 2010. Take the 3D, for example. In 2010's installment, the 3D was horrific and hurt the viewer's eyes, however this time round in Wrath, the 3D seems so much more tidy, and I wasn't as disappointed with it as I was in Clash. Also, this time, I find Sam Worthington to more a believable Perseus, after seeming rather weak and lifeless in Clash. I think it's his curly locks... The verdict: watch Wrath for the visual enjoyment alone, not the plot, not the characters. It's not worth it. Expand
  28. Jul 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was ok... I guess. The acting was still poor and the action was blurry but I felt like it did improve on some parts. The biggest upgrade for me was the final 20 minutes. In Clash of the Titans, the Kraken showed up sent out some little demons things that just kinda flew around and were annoying, then the Kraken roared and died. It was stupid, a terrible ending to an otherwise decent movie. This was about the opposite, the movie itself wasn't as good but the ending did hit hard. Chronos destoryed a few villages and got some heavy hits on main charaters before he died. Also his two sided warriors were cool. The movie got the action the only thing it's missing is any resemblence of a story line! Everything seems broken and disjointed, I really didn't care or have any feelings for anyone that died, including Hephaestus and he was more or less a main character. I don't understand why most of the Gods died, and it did a poor job at explaining why they did that. All in all, the action was great, but the movie was terrible. I think that warrants and even 5. Expand
  29. Jul 13, 2012
    I must say this film was beyond my expectations. I thought this movie was horrible given the score critics gave it. I watched it in Blu-ray and the effects/CA were outstanding. The plot isn't that bad too, although it would be better if they prolonged the movie to 2h 20min whilst giving more info and going more deeply into the story. As a fan of any mythological based thing I give it 10/10.
    P.S. Now I realize that "professional" critics are not to be trusted
  30. Jul 9, 2012
    The 3D is ok,but Wrath of the titans has bad performances,a bad script and a horrible director.Despite an improvement on the first film ,this movie sucks.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Holcomb
    Mar 31, 2012
    What it lacks are the very elements that made the first movie such a surprise: wit and nerve.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Mar 31, 2012
    An imagined conversation between Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, after the premiere of Wrath of the Titans...
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 31, 2012
    For those with a burning curiosity to know how "The Lord of the Rings" as directed by Michael Bay might look, Wrath of the Titans provides an idea. This is epic fantasy for teenage boys as only Hollywood can do it: with plenty of grotesque monsters and big explosions replacing characters and narrative.