Wrath of the Titans

5.2

1. Apr 10, 2012
    The ancient Greek mythological realm is ready made for Hollywood script writers. There are seething rivalries, petty jealousies, jilted lovers; pretty much every conflict known to man is already pre-packaged with at least a few immortal deities to go along with it. Even with all of this rich material, Wrath of the Titans chose â
  2. Apr 11, 2012
    This film is garbage, just like the original. Why bother making a sequel to such a failing concept? I won't even go over the cateogories- as it follows up the original with a simular "suck level." I cannot recommend this film.
  3. Mar 30, 2012
    Fans of the original will find continuity between the two films, but also contradictions. The running time is filled with random creatures popping out for no reason other than to showcase CGI effects and lifeless, seen-it-before action set pieces. Wrath of the titans lacks the stunning fight choreography of the similarly plotted Immortals. The action scenes are shot with the camera tooFans of the original will find continuity between the two films, but also contradictions. The running time is filled with random creatures popping out for no reason other than to showcase CGI effects and lifeless, seen-it-before action set pieces. Wrath of the titans lacks the stunning fight choreography of the similarly plotted Immortals. The action scenes are shot with the camera too close to the action, and with the combatants too close to each other. Since the shots have no depth, the 3D format is wasted. While the drama between the gods is interesting, and is clearly the focus of the film, the humans are like wind-up toys, mechanically marching through a play-set world. Full review on my blog. Expand
  4. May 20, 2012
    This movie was pretty crappy. With that out of the way, let's move on to the special effects. Great special effects. To be honest, the story was not really that good. Even Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes couldn't save its wishy washy story. Greek gods dying off and losing their powers--yeah that should happen right? Even poster boy Sam Worthington wasn't that great in this movie. His actingThis movie was pretty crappy. With that out of the way, let's move on to the special effects. Great special effects. To be honest, the story was not really that good. Even Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes couldn't save its wishy washy story. Greek gods dying off and losing their powers--yeah that should happen right? Even poster boy Sam Worthington wasn't that great in this movie. His acting was more wooden than Keanu Reeves, but Reeves has actually done more than one good film. A sequel to Clash of the Titans? Laughably. If you want a dumb, CGI fest, see this movie. If not, save your money. Expand
  5. May 31, 2012
    Another Boring Action Movie..
    We Have Seen This Over And Over Ever Every Year.. Give Us Somthing New For Got Sake...
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    A very mediocre film, and maybe even a little less. Wrath of the Titans has good special effects, and that's about it. The characters are shallow and the story is not that interesting, making the final product very boring.
  7. Aug 2, 2012
    I came into the movie not expecting much, and boy did it succeed in being one of the worst movies i've ever seen. The only real good acting was by Bill Nighy and Liam Neeson. Some of the actor's accents really put me off. The CGI looked like it was made by a 12 year old uploading a test render to Youtube. There were a couple good moments but that wasn't enough to fix an overall bad movie.
  8. Dec 5, 2012
    Clash of the Titans was certainly a flawed film but I enjoyed it and was highly entertained. I enjoyed this sequel, sort of, but it isn't all that entertaining. The CGI was fantastic, but I had no idea what the point of the story was or who any of the characters were.
  9. Jun 24, 2014
    Such a dull movie the only reason this film isn't a 1 is because of the VFX. I honestly don't know why Sam Worthington keeps getting work with wooden acting like this
  10. Apr 5, 2012
    The problem with this movie is that it is boring.
    I can forgive plot holes. I can forgive not developing characters very much. I can forgive having little explanation as to the motives of characters.

However, this movie moves at a plodding pace, drags on too long, and has too little reward for staying the entire time.
  11. Mar 30, 2012
    Notwithstanding its much improved 3-D effects over its predecessor, "Wrath of the Titans" does what people do everyday: looking at a computer screen. What audiences see, even in 3-D, are multi-limbed and headed CGI creatures, "unanimated" and lifeless, being rigidly juxtaposed to real-life people who take swing after swing to their unhuman counterparts, and miss time after time;Notwithstanding its much improved 3-D effects over its predecessor, "Wrath of the Titans" does what people do everyday: looking at a computer screen. What audiences see, even in 3-D, are multi-limbed and headed CGI creatures, "unanimated" and lifeless, being rigidly juxtaposed to real-life people who take swing after swing to their unhuman counterparts, and miss time after time; apparently, as long as a computer image has the appearance of falling and dying onto the ground, the need for the same animated creature looking as if he had "been hit" is not important. Much like a Rocky-Creed bout (only without the use of computers), the punches here don't connect. Essentially, what the audience sees in 'Wrath' is an exhausted use of expensive, yet poor quality, effects that fills the entire length of the film; in the past such effects were used on occassions to "add to" scenes, not to "fill" runtimes. But, don't feel bad because your inexorable sense of exhaustion was surely shared by the actors of the film; you think watching this is bad, what about the actors who had to wave swords against air? With that in mind, it almost makes you feel better doesn't it? Oh, you're right, there's no recovering that wretched theater ticket, popcorn, and drink. Honestly, though, you had to have seen this coming... Expand
  12. Jul 2, 2012
    this movie is awful, and there is no sense, because Zeus have sword and not a cane, and for me Cronos isnt lava, so this movie isone of the wost film i ever see
  13. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only reason you'll feel any wrath is because you shelled out 12 bucks for this steaming bucket of half-baked plot, cliched dialogue and disappointing 3-D special effects. Expand
  14. Apr 2, 2012
    This movie has been very disappointing, without managing to sympathize with any personage who composes it. A simple history, without content, which will cause you nonchalance. Sincerely, the worst movie of the year for the present.
  15. Apr 15, 2012
    The movie was a total disaster,no characters depth,more explosions than the first one,no acting performances,but great CGI,visual effects cannot possibly overshadow the shallow and without substance approach nonexistent script and the horrible direction.
  16. Jan 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is wrong with this movie you may ask. everything is wrong with this movie. None of the charm from the first movie is in this one. The plot is a joke, and the gods just disappear at the end of the movie and people are happy with that. The gods are not treated as gods in this movie but expendable action heroes. There were no memorable additions to the movie except for the navigator which we barely got to hear talk through out the movie. I can see the continuity between the rebellion against gods and the death of gods, but that should not be possible. It is an outrageously bad idea to just kill them off, and even put some of the supposedly good gods i as bad gods. Ares turns evil and Hades turns good. This movie is not worth watching no matter what Expand
  17. Dec 12, 2013
    Like its predecessor, this unnecessary, box office hauling sequel hurls at us tiring action sequences, bland characters, a lame storyline and a false portrayal of Greek Gods. Its only "pro" is that it is slightly better than its dreadful predecessor.
  18. Nov 9, 2014
  19. Apr 3, 2016
    “FEEL THE WRATH,” promises the movie poster for “Wrath of the Titans,” the sequel to 2010’s mythologically themed “Clash of the Titans.”

The only reason you’ll feel any wrath is because you shelled out 12 bucks for this steaming bucket of half-baked plot, cliched dialogue and disappointing 3-D special effects. It may be even worse than the original (whose Rotten Tomatoes score, by the way, is a whopping 28 out of 100). Who exactly was clamoring for a follow-up?

As before, Sam Worthington plays Greek hero Perseus, the demigod son of Zeus (Liam Neeson, in Dumbledore drag). Zeus is imprisoned by his brother Hades (Ralph Fiennes) in an effort to overthrow the Olympian gods and resurrect Kronos, the dormant leader of the evil Titans. To save Zeus, Perseus goes on a quest to the underworld. At stake is not just his father’s life — yeah, I thought gods were immortal, too — but the future of the world. As a CGI villain, Kronos looks like he’s made of molten lava and sounds like Barry White speaking Klingon.

Scary it is not. Perplexing, maybe.

For example, how is it that Greek queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike) has never heard of Hephaestus, who pops up early in the movie and then is quickly dispensed with? Modern audiences may not recognize the god of fire, but you would think that the supreme ruler of the Greeks would have a clue. Pike plays Andromeda — Perseus’ s comrade-in-arms and PG-13 love interest — like she’s auditioning for a remake of “Xena: Warrior Princess.” A ZZ Top-bearded Bill Nighy — who looks like he’s in disguise more than in costume — is absolutely wasted as Hephaestus.

In an effort to appeal to audiences who might resist anything that smacks of the classics, the dialogue includes anachronisms such as “You gotta be kiddin’ me.” Perseus’s son Helius (John Bell) refers to his father throughout the film as “Dad.”And I’m pretty sure I heard someone in a crowd scene say, “Wow.”

It sure as heck didn’t come from the audience. For a film that relies so heavily on special effects, the visuals are mostly dull and unengaging. A CGI-enhanced cyclops (Martin Bayfield) and a couple of other digital monsters are rare exceptions. When Perseus tangles with a two-headed chimera and then the Minotaur, the movie wakes up briefly, then immediately goes back to sleep.

And what’s with the weirdly all-over-the-map casting? Neeson is Irish, Worthington, Australian. Fiennes, Pike and a few others stars are British — though their dialects range from Shakespearian to cockney. Venezuelan Edgar Ramirez plays Ares, Hades’s partner in crime; Danny Huston, an American, portrays Zeus’s brother Poseidon like the Gorton’s fisherman; and Andromeda’s army sounds half Spanish, half French. None of them make an attempt to sound like they’re in the same movie, let alone the same country.

Call it “Clash of the Accents.”

Late in the film, Zeus says, “Let’s have some fun.” Nice try. (Never mind the incongruity of the most powerful of all gods uttering those words.) For a fleeting second or two it looks like “Wrath of the Titans” might actually deliver on that one promise. But the movie doesn’t even rise to the level of dumb fun. It’s inexplicable, not to mention inexcusable.
  20. Apr 19, 2012
    The problem with making a movie that takes place in a world of "gods" is that the rules in such a world aren't going to make any sense. So right from the beginning you're already starting with a flawed premise. How do all of these magical weapons work? How were they made? Why are Gods invulnerable one minute, but the next minute they can be killed? It's futile to try to translate such aThe problem with making a movie that takes place in a world of "gods" is that the rules in such a world aren't going to make any sense. So right from the beginning you're already starting with a flawed premise. How do all of these magical weapons work? How were they made? Why are Gods invulnerable one minute, but the next minute they can be killed? It's futile to try to translate such a preposterous world into a good movie, because such a movie will always be held down by the ridiculous world in which it takes place. The plot is completely incoherent. There's no explanation for why or how anything happens. The "rules" of this universe just seem made up on a whim. The way the people in this movie react to things doesn't match the situation. It's hard to care about what's happening when the people behave stupidly and things taking place happen for no reason and without any reasonable explanation. I give it one point for the effects, which were impressive...but if a studio is going spend millions of dollars on a CGI movie, they should spend it on a movie that has a coherent plot and believable characters. There must be better ideas out there that could've been made into movies, yet this is what they chose to make? Expand
  21. May 24, 2013
    While it actually makes use of 3-D in this film, It's a god awful movie. Terrible script, Horrible acting outside of Neeson and Fiennes (who are the stars of the film as Zeus and Hades and imo are the best part of the film). Action scenes are often cluttered (too much going on at once) and poorly done. Don't see how anyone can like it, Let alone give it a positive review.
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    The first was cheese and we restrained from hating it, but this one isn't self-aware. It thinks its something serious, something worthy of our contemplation, and it's not. Like the first, it's just cheese. Moldy cheese at that.
  23. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wrath has less than The Clash in all respects. Acting hammy no story only one titan no real wrath I cannot really contain my wrath they just used the same sequences as the first. Really and the ending was the same as first why Expand
  24. Apr 3, 2012
    Wrath of The Titans is too silly than any Michael Bay's movies? I got no problem with the 3D but the script is already silly, all casts looks bad either. Wrath of The Titans' sequel? Good luck.
  25. Mar 30, 2012
    Wow avoid at all cost, it's worst than the first movie and that's saying a lot. The 3D is not great like the first, heck I even walked out of the cinema half way, I could go on but I don't want to waste my time I just wanted to warm everyone AVOID AT ALL COST.
  26. Apr 5, 2012
    This movie is awful - we almost walked out. Sure the acting isn't horrible, it's merely charmless. The CGI is fine, but lifeless. The story is vaguely coherent, but idiotic all the same. The writing is the laziest kind: characters who are brothers call each other by name for no reason as a way of letting us know who is who. The labyrinth we're told is impossible is solved on accidentThis movie is awful - we almost walked out. Sure the acting isn't horrible, it's merely charmless. The CGI is fine, but lifeless. The story is vaguely coherent, but idiotic all the same. The writing is the laziest kind: characters who are brothers call each other by name for no reason as a way of letting us know who is who. The labyrinth we're told is impossible is solved on accident in 5 minutes after they lose the map. Men with spears stand in a line as if they're going to be able to fight a fire god the size of a mountain. Boo on this movie. Expand
  27. May 12, 2012
    People who hope too see this film, i say abandon your plans as this is the worst film i have ever seen. Couldn't be less boring with stupid story line. To be honest, the people who made this annoying film should be sacked now as there not going to make any decent films if they've made this film.Overall this film is a disaster and i regret going to see it as that's 2 or so hours of my life wasted.
  28. Aug 6, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an overall headache-inducing experience. It has amazing visuals that are ugly and assault the eyes, sets that look completely staged, and a sense of no joy whatsoever. As far as a comparison to it's predecessor, the two are almost indistinguishable. They are both loud, emotionless, painful, and do nothing to leave their cultural mark on anything. Sadly, though, withWrath of the Titans is an overall headache-inducing experience. It has amazing visuals that are ugly and assault the eyes, sets that look completely staged, and a sense of no joy whatsoever. As far as a comparison to it's predecessor, the two are almost indistinguishable. They are both loud, emotionless, painful, and do nothing to leave their cultural mark on anything. Sadly, though, with a franchise this widely seem, they will leave several marks, closer to scars than beauty spots. The only reason I can give to see this film is the visuals, but for their technical wizardry, not their beauty. There is also a single moment of humor near the end that catches you off guard because the rest of the movie is so horribly serious. You will feel the wrath, that's for certain. Expand
  29. Jul 6, 2012
    Complete and utter guff, a total waste of time and money! I'm so annoyed I created this account purely to complain about this trash! Speaking of trash, it's littered with cliches and almost the entire film was created using bog standard, lazy, sat on their arses CGI effects! Feels like it took them a weekend to do. My advice, don't bother with this, and don't bother with the firstComplete and utter guff, a total waste of time and money! I'm so annoyed I created this account purely to complain about this trash! Speaking of trash, it's littered with cliches and almost the entire film was created using bog standard, lazy, sat on their arses CGI effects! Feels like it took them a weekend to do. My advice, don't bother with this, and don't bother with the first remake either, quite clearly a con to pull America out of the crises!... DO however, watch the 1981 original and classic adaptation directed by Desmond Davis, it knocks the socks of this modern day **** Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mark Holcomb
    Mar 31, 2012
    What it lacks are the very elements that made the first movie such a surprise: wit and nerve.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Mar 31, 2012
    An imagined conversation between Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, after the premiere of Wrath of the Titans...
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 31, 2012
    For those with a burning curiosity to know how "The Lord of the Rings" as directed by Michael Bay might look, Wrath of the Titans provides an idea. This is epic fantasy for teenage boys as only Hollywood can do it: with plenty of grotesque monsters and big explosions replacing characters and narrative.