5.2

1. Nov 9, 2014
    Like its predecessor, this unnecessary, box office hauling sequel hurls at us tiring action sequences, bland characters, a lame storyline and a false portrayal of Greek Gods. Its only "pro" is that it is slightly better than its dreadful predecessor.
  2. Jul 30, 2014
    "Wrath of the Titans" is an unneeded sequel to a film that felt unneeded anyway. It features a stupid plot, and its mediocre CGI effects are further downgraded by Liebesman's pathetic direction. It is good if you want to watch something visually striking, but you could also watch "300" for this. It's a must-see for fans of the particular genre, though.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    Such a dull movie the only reason this film isn't a 1 is because of the VFX. I honestly don't know why Sam Worthington keeps getting work with wooden acting like this
  4. May 23, 2014
    This movie had everything it needed to be a timeless classic, it had great action, excellent special effects and CGI, outstanding creature designs, but in the end none of this gets enough focus. Why? Because this movie is just TOO short! 90 minutes is not nearly enough to squeeze in all of the excellent things this film has to offer. This movie feels a lot like Lord of the Rings, theThis movie had everything it needed to be a timeless classic, it had great action, excellent special effects and CGI, outstanding creature designs, but in the end none of this gets enough focus. Why? Because this movie is just TOO short! 90 minutes is not nearly enough to squeeze in all of the excellent things this film has to offer. This movie feels a lot like Lord of the Rings, the soundtrack, the creatures, a lot of moments almost felt like the same ones from LotR, but it's Lord of the Rings if the entire trilogy was squished into 90 minutes! I would love to see another film or remake that takes this and extends it to a good couple of hours. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2013
  6. Dec 8, 2013
    The only chance for you to end up liking this movie is if you are watching an action movie for the first time. Not even worth your time let alone your money.
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Still rather inaccurate in terms of mythology, but that was to be expected given that the first one was also inaccurate. More monsters and action than the first one, with the as-expected excellent special effects, and that makes me give it about the same score as the first, otherwise this would've gotten a 4. As one reviewer said the fight choreography was subpar and that same reviewerStill rather inaccurate in terms of mythology, but that was to be expected given that the first one was also inaccurate. More monsters and action than the first one, with the as-expected excellent special effects, and that makes me give it about the same score as the first, otherwise this would've gotten a 4. As one reviewer said the fight choreography was subpar and that same reviewer pointed out that it was extremely similar plot to Immortals (and he's right!). I'd say the acting is actually better in this one. Standard reluctant hero and family betrayal/drama/redemption plot so nothing new there. Not terrible, but I wouldn't say it's good either. Expand
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    Wrath, clash, smash, bash, it's all the same for Sam Worthington as he returns as Greek demigod Perseus. Wrath is very similar in style, plot and well just about everything else to Louis Leterrier's 2010 Clash of the Titans. It treads the same ground, impressive visuals, monsters, battles, the reluctant hero, nothing is new.

The film certainly doesn't score any points for it's dialogue.

The film certainly doesn't score any points for it's dialogue. Somebody needs to explain to me why writers continually load scripts with cheesy lines. Point in case being Perseus looking up at the cyclops towering over him for the first time and saying to himself, 'You gotta be kidding me'. WHY, WHY, WHY, doesn't anyone from the directors to the actor themselves resist spouting garbage like this.

I struggle to comprehend why the likes of Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson and Bill Nighy, making his first appearance of the franchise, bother with this type of mediocrity.

Wrath of the Titans is not going to win any awards for originality, script or its acting. I guess that no-one watches this film with those kind of expectations, however for mindless, action blockbusters there are better options.
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wrath has less than The Clash in all respects. Acting hammy no story only one titan no real wrath I cannot really contain my wrath they just used the same sequences as the first. Really and the ending was the same as first why Expand
  10. Jul 21, 2013
    Epic movies have been around for several years now. Simply throwing action and graphics at a movie can no longer make it great. Epics have been pulled down to the level of an average movie. We must care about the characters. The dialogue must be worthwhile. The storyline cannot be linear and bland. Wrath of the Titans, although enjoyable, did not get the memo.
  11. Jun 13, 2013
    As a person that really enjoyed the 2010 Clash of the Titans remake, I was eager to see the sequel, the Wrath of the Titans. I was not disappointed. In some areas it surpasses the original. The special effects are absolutely stunning. The creatures and monsters that Perseus does battle with are rendered with breath taking photo realism This self professed CGI junkie is very happy to beAs a person that really enjoyed the 2010 Clash of the Titans remake, I was eager to see the sequel, the Wrath of the Titans. I was not disappointed. In some areas it surpasses the original. The special effects are absolutely stunning. The creatures and monsters that Perseus does battle with are rendered with breath taking photo realism This self professed CGI junkie is very happy to be living in an age when the special effects have reached this quality.

Similar to Clash of the Titans the move has an uncomplicated straight forward story. It is also more of an action adventure tale than the first one. At the start of the movie we find Perseus living the quiet life with his young son. His wife, Io, has passed away. One day Zeus appears to Perseus saying he needs his help as the power of the gods weakens through man's disbelief. Perseus refuses until hell breaks loose and Zeus is captured by Hades and Zeus's son Ares who is jealous of the way his father has favored Perseus. With the help from Queen Andromeda and others Persues embarks on an epic quest to the mountain of Tartarus where Zeus's father, the Titan Kronos, has been entombed and where Zeus is being held and drained of his power.

This movie also had a bit more comic relief and humor than the original and this makes it a more lighthearted, fun and entertaining experience. The acting is fine and the all-star cast brings an otherwise straight B movie up a notch or two in quality. Movies like the 2010 remake and this sequel remind me of the 50s golden era of science fiction, fantasy and sword and sandals movies. Those were all B grade moves but still a lot of fun. So I view the Titans franchise in the same light and as long as they're enjoyable like this then I say bring on part 3!
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    A good sequel to an okay movie. The story was... okay, but could've been better, same go's with how long the film is. Felt to short, certain scenes went by pretty fast, then it was over. However, the explosive 3D action is something to see!
    The reviews for this movie are atrocious! Can't seem to impress any of these critics these days anymore.
  13. May 24, 2013
    While it actually makes use of 3-D in this film, It's a god awful movie. Terrible script, Horrible acting outside of Neeson and Fiennes (who are the stars of the film as Zeus and Hades and imo are the best part of the film). Action scenes are often cluttered (too much going on at once) and poorly done. Don't see how anyone can like it, Let alone give it a positive review.
  14. Jan 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is wrong with this movie you may ask. everything is wrong with this movie. None of the charm from the first movie is in this one. The plot is a joke, and the gods just disappear at the end of the movie and people are happy with that. The gods are not treated as gods in this movie but expendable action heroes. There were no memorable additions to the movie except for the navigator which we barely got to hear talk through out the movie. I can see the continuity between the rebellion against gods and the death of gods, but that should not be possible. It is an outrageously bad idea to just kill them off, and even put some of the supposedly good gods i as bad gods. Ares turns evil and Hades turns good. This movie is not worth watching no matter what Expand
  15. Jan 26, 2013
    Great from start to finish. Lots of action! Lots of action!! Lots of Action!!! It had very very little of the Lovey Dovey stuff, or side comedy crap. It had fights, blood, kills, adventure All that good stuff!
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    Clash of the Titans was certainly a flawed film but I enjoyed it and was highly entertained. I enjoyed this sequel, sort of, but it isn't all that entertaining. The CGI was fantastic, but I had no idea what the point of the story was or who any of the characters were.
  17. Dec 4, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans may have more suspense and has slowed down to make a more emotional do, but is missing clash's overall feel and well-done camera angles, it pointlessly adds more characters, including Aires, who truly comes out of nowhere, really, when he first appeared, it was out of nowhere, appearing like the viewer knows him, but actually has no idea of who the heck he is! TheWrath of the Titans may have more suspense and has slowed down to make a more emotional do, but is missing clash's overall feel and well-done camera angles, it pointlessly adds more characters, including Aires, who truly comes out of nowhere, really, when he first appeared, it was out of nowhere, appearing like the viewer knows him, but actually has no idea of who the heck he is! The acting in this film is worse than it is in the first installment, and is more cheesy than ever; also, the dialogue tries to be funny, but instead you want to walk out of the room over pure bore dumb. The CGI and special effects have seemed to lose there charm, looking more computerized and lifeless as ever, the action is also lifeless, due to the awful acting and lack of the predecessor's charm... While you watch this film, you think how it could have been so much better, and how it could have been a better experience to watch, but there's no way of changing it now, it will always remain as a high budget Hollywood movie trailer that just trails on for too long and fails to excite, so I give this film... 4.7/10. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    The first was cheese and we restrained from hating it, but this one isn't self-aware. It thinks its something serious, something worthy of our contemplation, and it's not. Like the first, it's just cheese. Moldy cheese at that.
  19. Oct 19, 2012
    I have never seen the first movie, so all I knew this movie was bad and it was. Its been a bad year for films this year and this review is just lowing the average. Wrath of the Titans 4.1/10
  20. Sep 18, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans was a really good film. I watched it in 3D on my new LG 55-in HDTV with passive glasses and it was a visual feast. Seriously, this is a true home theater experience and it brought the best in "Wrath" out. The film had a great storyline, great cinematics, awesome action scenes, and superb special effects: Mythical creatures looked truly authentic, and the ultra-godWrath of the Titans was a really good film. I watched it in 3D on my new LG 55-in HDTV with passive glasses and it was a visual feast. Seriously, this is a true home theater experience and it brought the best in "Wrath" out. The film had a great storyline, great cinematics, awesome action scenes, and superb special effects: Mythical creatures looked truly authentic, and the ultra-god Chronos was most fearsome. The only criticism to level is the same I had with "Immortals", and that's the disappointment that the classical "gods" were played by mere mortals, ie Liam Neeson as Zeus. Outside of that, it was time well spent being entertained by this film. Expand
  21. Sep 5, 2012
    I'm a pretty big fan of Greek mythology action movies like this one, and when I saw the trailer for this one I was expecting a super awesome action packed movie with almost non-stop fighting. Unfortunately that isn't what I got, what I got is a decent movie with slightly lackluster action, simple plot, and cliche dialog. On the plus side the acting is good. Even though it's not really thatI'm a pretty big fan of Greek mythology action movies like this one, and when I saw the trailer for this one I was expecting a super awesome action packed movie with almost non-stop fighting. Unfortunately that isn't what I got, what I got is a decent movie with slightly lackluster action, simple plot, and cliche dialog. On the plus side the acting is good. Even though it's not really that great of a movie I still enjoyed it, mostly due to the Greek mythology fan in me, and in the end I realized that there are worse movies I've wasted my time on. Worth a rental. Expand
  22. Aug 25, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an excellent CGI monster-movie dust up. The plot and script may well be paint-by-numbers but the action scenes are very exciting indeed. The effects are absolutely jaw dropping! Wrath of the Titans made me feel like a kid again, full of awe and excitement. And that's very hard to come by these days.
  23. Aug 21, 2012
    Its fun for what it is just 90 minutes of fun action with some cool special effects mch like the first one was. Its just popcorn film don't go in expecting a great plot or plot twists just great action and some real nice visaul effects and the bare minumem of every thing els.
  24. Aug 18, 2012
    Fixes a lot of problems of the first one: the characters are more likeable, the VFX are more polished and it feels like a proper adventure film. Okay, so it's still historically inaccurate and maybe the 3D isn't better than 'clash' (don't know haven't seen it in 3D) but it's a decent film and maybe people are judging it to harshly coz of it's relation to the first one.
  25. Aug 14, 2012
    It has issues with the story and pacing similar to Clash of the Titans, but the action is pretty entertaining when it happens and the 3D is a massive improvement.
  26. Aug 10, 2012
    The dialogue is ridiculous, but if you don't take the film too seriously--and it doesn't go all out to encourage you to--then you might find it's good entertainment.
  27. Aug 6, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is an overall headache-inducing experience. It has amazing visuals that are ugly and assault the eyes, sets that look completely staged, and a sense of no joy whatsoever. As far as a comparison to it's predecessor, the two are almost indistinguishable. They are both loud, emotionless, painful, and do nothing to leave their cultural mark on anything. Sadly, though, withWrath of the Titans is an overall headache-inducing experience. It has amazing visuals that are ugly and assault the eyes, sets that look completely staged, and a sense of no joy whatsoever. As far as a comparison to it's predecessor, the two are almost indistinguishable. They are both loud, emotionless, painful, and do nothing to leave their cultural mark on anything. Sadly, though, with a franchise this widely seem, they will leave several marks, closer to scars than beauty spots. The only reason I can give to see this film is the visuals, but for their technical wizardry, not their beauty. There is also a single moment of humor near the end that catches you off guard because the rest of the movie is so horribly serious. You will feel the wrath, that's for certain. Expand
  28. Aug 2, 2012
    I came into the movie not expecting much, and boy did it succeed in being one of the worst movies i've ever seen. The only real good acting was by Bill Nighy and Liam Neeson. Some of the actor's accents really put me off. The CGI looked like it was made by a 12 year old uploading a test render to Youtube. There were a couple good moments but that wasn't enough to fix an overall bad movie.
  29. Jul 21, 2012
    Although Wrath of the Titans was not as good as Clash of the Titans, it was still a good movie. Parts were rather boring but the last few scenes were pretty cool. It did not have the spectacular special effects and battle scenes that were in the first, it was still worth watching.
  30. Jul 18, 2012
    A very mediocre film, and maybe even a little less. Wrath of the Titans has good special effects, and that's about it. The characters are shallow and the story is not that interesting, making the final product very boring.
  31. Jul 17, 2012
    A film that seems to only use the names of Greek gods and goddesses for the potential, yet withered benefit of the film rarely awards it viewers with the satisfaction of knowing that they're in for a treat with this lackluster sequel. I'm not hammering the film, yet it seems to have a few more pros than cons this time round after the mediocre attempt at Clash of the Titans remake in 2010.A film that seems to only use the names of Greek gods and goddesses for the potential, yet withered benefit of the film rarely awards it viewers with the satisfaction of knowing that they're in for a treat with this lackluster sequel. I'm not hammering the film, yet it seems to have a few more pros than cons this time round after the mediocre attempt at Clash of the Titans remake in 2010. Take the 3D, for example. In 2010's installment, the 3D was horrific and hurt the viewer's eyes, however this time round in Wrath, the 3D seems so much more tidy, and I wasn't as disappointed with it as I was in Clash. Also, this time, I find Sam Worthington to more a believable Perseus, after seeming rather weak and lifeless in Clash. I think it's his curly locks... The verdict: watch Wrath for the visual enjoyment alone, not the plot, not the characters. It's not worth it. Expand
  32. Jul 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was ok... I guess. The acting was still poor and the action was blurry but I felt like it did improve on some parts. The biggest upgrade for me was the final 20 minutes. In Clash of the Titans, the Kraken showed up sent out some little demons things that just kinda flew around and were annoying, then the Kraken roared and died. It was stupid, a terrible ending to an otherwise decent movie. This was about the opposite, the movie itself wasn't as good but the ending did hit hard. Chronos destoryed a few villages and got some heavy hits on main charaters before he died. Also his two sided warriors were cool. The movie got the action the only thing it's missing is any resemblence of a story line! Everything seems broken and disjointed, I really didn't care or have any feelings for anyone that died, including Hephaestus and he was more or less a main character. I don't understand why most of the Gods died, and it did a poor job at explaining why they did that. All in all, the action was great, but the movie was terrible. I think that warrants and even 5. Expand
  33. Jul 13, 2012
    I must say this film was beyond my expectations. I thought this movie was horrible given the score critics gave it. I watched it in Blu-ray and the effects/CA were outstanding. The plot isn't that bad too, although it would be better if they prolonged the movie to 2h 20min whilst giving more info and going more deeply into the story. As a fan of any mythological based thing I give itI must say this film was beyond my expectations. I thought this movie was horrible given the score critics gave it. I watched it in Blu-ray and the effects/CA were outstanding. The plot isn't that bad too, although it would be better if they prolonged the movie to 2h 20min whilst giving more info and going more deeply into the story. As a fan of any mythological based thing I give it 10/10.
    P.S. Now I realize that "professional" critics are not to be trusted
  34. Jul 9, 2012
    The 3D is ok,but Wrath of the titans has bad performances,a bad script and a horrible director.Despite an improvement on the first film ,this movie sucks.
  35. Jul 6, 2012
    Complete and utter guff, a total waste of time and money! I'm so annoyed I created this account purely to complain about this trash! Speaking of trash, it's littered with cliches and almost the entire film was created using bog standard, lazy, sat on their arses CGI effects! Feels like it took them a weekend to do. My advice, don't bother with this, and don't bother with the firstComplete and utter guff, a total waste of time and money! I'm so annoyed I created this account purely to complain about this trash! Speaking of trash, it's littered with cliches and almost the entire film was created using bog standard, lazy, sat on their arses CGI effects! Feels like it took them a weekend to do. My advice, don't bother with this, and don't bother with the first remake either, quite clearly a con to pull America out of the crises!... DO however, watch the 1981 original and classic adaptation directed by Desmond Davis, it knocks the socks of this modern day **** Expand
  36. Jul 2, 2012
    this movie is awful, and there is no sense, because Zeus have sword and not a cane, and for me Cronos isnt lava, so this movie isone of the wost film i ever see
  37. Jul 1, 2012
    If you didn't like the first one, your not going to like this one. It has the same formula as the first movie, Perseus needs to save the world he gathers a team with a hot girl and another guy who you know will be the only ones to live till the end. They fight three enemies before the mail bad guy, it finishes exactly as you think it will (for one exception). Sam Worthington gives the sameIf you didn't like the first one, your not going to like this one. It has the same formula as the first movie, Perseus needs to save the world he gathers a team with a hot girl and another guy who you know will be the only ones to live till the end. They fight three enemies before the mail bad guy, it finishes exactly as you think it will (for one exception). Sam Worthington gives the same performance ans CotT. Rosamund Pike, who is normally good, gives an average performance. There aren't any stand out acting wise. I found the story a little harder to believe than the first movie, since Perseus wants nothing to do with Zeus, he doesn't even pray to him. But then he suddenly wants to save him, not the world since his motivations seem to be that his father is in trouble so he needs to save him. It was just a little strange. Some of the fight scenes are drawn out and by the end your be bored. In an it's exactly the same level of quality as the first film. 5/10/. Expand
  38. Jun 18, 2012
    The first film was very disappointing. Instead, this sequel I liked a little more. It will be because I went to see it with low expectations but I found better than the first. Meanwhile, the 3D and special effects in comparison to the first are much improved (especially the 3D which in the first had also hurt my eyes and I had brought a headache). The rest, however, the plot is veryThe first film was very disappointing. Instead, this sequel I liked a little more. It will be because I went to see it with low expectations but I found better than the first. Meanwhile, the 3D and special effects in comparison to the first are much improved (especially the 3D which in the first had also hurt my eyes and I had brought a headache). The rest, however, the plot is very simple and obvious, and I saw Sam Worthington a little distracted during the movie. So a movie better than the first but that does not say just back Expand
  39. Jun 15, 2012
    I know the movie was supposed to be all about the effects. The effects were very good. I just could not find myself caring too much for any of the characters. I paid the same amount of money to see this movie as I did Avengers. Didn't get my moneys worth on this one.
  40. Jun 13, 2012
    Some pretty good effects can't hide the fact that Wrath of the Titans is a sequel nobody really wanted to see. The first film was considered by many as a 'fluke', the first '3-D' blockbuster that debuted after AVATAR. Audiences, thirsting for more spectacle flocked and was then generally disappointed. 'Wrath' improved a bit in comparison. Nevertheless, like Liebesman's previous effort,Some pretty good effects can't hide the fact that Wrath of the Titans is a sequel nobody really wanted to see. The first film was considered by many as a 'fluke', the first '3-D' blockbuster that debuted after AVATAR. Audiences, thirsting for more spectacle flocked and was then generally disappointed. 'Wrath' improved a bit in comparison. Nevertheless, like Liebesman's previous effort, Wrath feels a bit 'off', like you are watching somebody else playing a 'video game'. Not a bad rental, but don't expect anything more than that. Expand
  41. Jun 6, 2012
    Since Clash of the Titans came out in 2010, people realized that the film was nothing more than a popcorn flick: subsequently, when Wrath came out two years later, audiences' expectations were already low, and that's probably the only thing the sequel has going for it.
  42. May 31, 2012
    Another Boring Action Movie..
    We Have Seen This Over And Over Ever Every Year.. Give Us Somthing New For Got Sake...
  43. May 28, 2012
    Really cool movie. Tons of fun special effects, awesome monsters and really good fight scenes. However there is no story at all. They could have really made a cool story with this and than it would have been in the green. But for me it was just a fun thing to watch in 3D.
  44. May 20, 2012
    This movie was pretty crappy. With that out of the way, let's move on to the special effects. Great special effects. To be honest, the story was not really that good. Even Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes couldn't save its wishy washy story. Greek gods dying off and losing their powers--yeah that should happen right? Even poster boy Sam Worthington wasn't that great in this movie. His actingThis movie was pretty crappy. With that out of the way, let's move on to the special effects. Great special effects. To be honest, the story was not really that good. Even Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes couldn't save its wishy washy story. Greek gods dying off and losing their powers--yeah that should happen right? Even poster boy Sam Worthington wasn't that great in this movie. His acting was more wooden than Keanu Reeves, but Reeves has actually done more than one good film. A sequel to Clash of the Titans? Laughably. If you want a dumb, CGI fest, see this movie. If not, save your money. Expand
  45. May 12, 2012
    People who hope too see this film, i say abandon your plans as this is the worst film i have ever seen. Couldn't be less boring with stupid story line. To be honest, the people who made this annoying film should be sacked now as there not going to make any decent films if they've made this film.Overall this film is a disaster and i regret going to see it as that's 2 or so hours of my life wasted.
  46. May 10, 2012
    I'll admit, I didn't dislike "Clash of the Titans" like many people did back in 2010. And frankly, I don't really understand much of the hate for this one either. 3D was actually good this time. Seeing Bill Nighy go all Davy Jones with his dialogue made the POTC fan inside me squeal.
  47. Apr 28, 2012
    Better effects and more storyline than the first. People have it in for this series but I am not alone in really liking these flicks. Climax is a bit of a letdown, but some really good set pieces and great B Movie dialogue make for a great movie experience.
  48. Apr 28, 2012
    I'm not going to argue the point on the story as i am in agreement with most other people on this site that the story was very sub standard but i didn't go to see for the story and i was impressed with the special effects and 3D which i felt made up for the poor story at least in part.
  49. Apr 28, 2012
    I had doubts for this film, I thought it was going to be like the first...which isn't a good thing; you see, Clash of the Titans was a rather disappointing film and I thought I was going to feel the same way about this...I was wrong for sure. Wrath of the Titans is a film that in my opinion became better and better as the film went on. Wrath provides great visuals, great 3D and a dedicatedI had doubts for this film, I thought it was going to be like the first...which isn't a good thing; you see, Clash of the Titans was a rather disappointing film and I thought I was going to feel the same way about this...I was wrong for sure. Wrath of the Titans is a film that in my opinion became better and better as the film went on. Wrath provides great visuals, great 3D and a dedicated performance by Liam Neeson and Ralph Feines. In fact, the only bad performance in the film was from Sam Worthington...who always plays himself in every film he is in! Overall, Wrath of the Titans is a major improvement over the disappointing Clash of the Titans, this is what Clash was supposed to be. Expand
  50. Apr 23, 2012
    This was a great film, loved the 3D effect. Loved the tie in of Greek Mythology. Holding a great message and great casting. Overall an enjoyable movie to watch for those that arent into Greek Mythology.
  51. Apr 19, 2012
    The problem with making a movie that takes place in a world of "gods" is that the rules in such a world aren't going to make any sense. So right from the beginning you're already starting with a flawed premise. How do all of these magical weapons work? How were they made? Why are Gods invulnerable one minute, but the next minute they can be killed? It's futile to try to translate such aThe problem with making a movie that takes place in a world of "gods" is that the rules in such a world aren't going to make any sense. So right from the beginning you're already starting with a flawed premise. How do all of these magical weapons work? How were they made? Why are Gods invulnerable one minute, but the next minute they can be killed? It's futile to try to translate such a preposterous world into a good movie, because such a movie will always be held down by the ridiculous world in which it takes place. The plot is completely incoherent. There's no explanation for why or how anything happens. The "rules" of this universe just seem made up on a whim. The way the people in this movie react to things doesn't match the situation. It's hard to care about what's happening when the people behave stupidly and things taking place happen for no reason and without any reasonable explanation. I give it one point for the effects, which were impressive...but if a studio is going spend millions of dollars on a CGI movie, they should spend it on a movie that has a coherent plot and believable characters. There must be better ideas out there that could've been made into movies, yet this is what they chose to make? Expand
  52. Apr 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Films with the best 3d effect this year, but the plot is predictable, so boring the viewers who watched
    I hope Warner Bros. films bring back a better quality than this film
  53. Apr 16, 2012
    because the film has good action and effect and concentrates primarily on those things, many people have linked it with the Transformers movies, but i think they're different. this one is better because you don't hate the main character. the story doesn't feel like it merely existed to connect the fight scenes, some work was actually put into it. the movie in the end achieves the goals itbecause the film has good action and effect and concentrates primarily on those things, many people have linked it with the Transformers movies, but i think they're different. this one is better because you don't hate the main character. the story doesn't feel like it merely existed to connect the fight scenes, some work was actually put into it. the movie in the end achieves the goals it sets for itself. Expand
  54. Apr 15, 2012
    The movie was a total disaster,no characters depth,more explosions than the first one,no acting performances,but great CGI,visual effects cannot possibly overshadow the shallow and without substance approach nonexistent script and the horrible direction.
  55. Apr 14, 2012
    It's really not about the plot at all. No one went to this movie to see what happens to Zeus or Hades or Ares. No one went to this movie because they cared about what happened to Perseus. Everyone who went, went because they saw that this film is jam packed with monsters, some of the best CGI that rivals that of Avatar, and lots of action. The best part? The crew who made this movieIt's really not about the plot at all. No one went to this movie to see what happens to Zeus or Hades or Ares. No one went to this movie because they cared about what happened to Perseus. Everyone who went, went because they saw that this film is jam packed with monsters, some of the best CGI that rivals that of Avatar, and lots of action. The best part? The crew who made this movie acknowledges that. The previews show lots of action and lots of monsters. They had a series of short youtube videos talking about the monsters. Because that's why they made this movie, and let me tell you this, they did it almost to perfection. The monsters look amazing (especially Kronos) and the action with them is intense and fun to watch. This is a movie to see in theaters with your friends (that's exactly what I did). It's a great action film and it delivers it with a constant sense of danger that keeps you almost at the edge of your seat unless it's the scene with the Makhai (the two torso creatures with four arms towards the end) that makes you fall back in your seat and your jaw drop. Just like with Clash of the Titans, it's advertised as exactly what it is. I give it a 9 for doing so and because it is so awesome. Expand
  56. Apr 11, 2012
    This film is garbage, just like the original. Why bother making a sequel to such a failing concept? I won't even go over the cateogories- as it follows up the original with a simular "suck level." I cannot recommend this film.
  57. Apr 11, 2012
    I love this series off films and I like the fist one but I think this one was a much better film as it had a stronger plot even though the plot is not the strongest plot ever made but still it was good and worth a try.
  58. Apr 11, 2012
    This film, like the first has received a lot of poor reviews, however, these reviews must be by people who expect a lot more, the same people probably expect the Transformers movies to have complicated plot points and superb story lines. Like the Transformer movies, this is just a fun film with great action, fantastic 3D, possibly the best 3D i've seen in a non animated movie. SamThis film, like the first has received a lot of poor reviews, however, these reviews must be by people who expect a lot more, the same people probably expect the Transformers movies to have complicated plot points and superb story lines. Like the Transformer movies, this is just a fun film with great action, fantastic 3D, possibly the best 3D i've seen in a non animated movie. Sam Worthington is great in it (although his perm is slightly off putting). Basically this film is just 2 hours of fun, what can be wrong with that? Expand
  59. Apr 10, 2012
    The ancient Greek mythological realm is ready made for Hollywood script writers. There are seething rivalries, petty jealousies, jilted lovers; pretty much every conflict known to man is already pre-packaged with at least a few immortal deities to go along with it. Even with all of this rich material, Wrath of the Titans chose â
  60. Apr 9, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans has no life what so ever . the whole movie is a total disappointment even if u have no expectations . i thought it will be at least better then Clash of the titan but it wasnt at all . It was the worst Greek Myth story ever. The dialogues were so foolish and funny(in a sarcastic way) . When the Gods says "Lets have some fun" its not hard to get how dumb the movie is .Wrath of the Titans has no life what so ever . the whole movie is a total disappointment even if u have no expectations . i thought it will be at least better then Clash of the titan but it wasnt at all . It was the worst Greek Myth story ever. The dialogues were so foolish and funny(in a sarcastic way) . When the Gods says "Lets have some fun" its not hard to get how dumb the movie is . Jonathan Liebesman's Direction made the film even more worst .Most of the scenes were so lame . Sam's acting went to hell comparing with the first film . Ralf & Liam had the power but some foolish dialogues made their character so silly . Rosa was beautiful and good at first but through the movie she fell down and downer but still was better then the others . Toby was good and seems the only maintaining character in the film. Ã Expand
  61. Apr 8, 2012
    "Wrath" is much better than "Clash". The 3D for Clash is the worse I have ever seen, and they cleaned it up for this version. The special effects are excellent throughout which is also an improvement from the first installment. The pacing is good, it is never slow. The biggest drawbacks are the accents that some of the actors have, particularly Sam Worthington. I can't understand half"Wrath" is much better than "Clash". The 3D for Clash is the worse I have ever seen, and they cleaned it up for this version. The special effects are excellent throughout which is also an improvement from the first installment. The pacing is good, it is never slow. The biggest drawbacks are the accents that some of the actors have, particularly Sam Worthington. I can't understand half the things he says, and he is the main character. Another problem is the HORRIBLE "Shaky Cam" throughout the movie. Better take a motion sickness pill before this one. You can't see what is going on in any of the major fight scenes. Overall it was a mindless, fun action picture, and a pretty good one at that. Expand
  62. Apr 8, 2012
    It was nice to end the story. I expected to be worse but still it was better for me than the first part. I hope not the third part, because the second was enough to end the story. I give a weak eighth.
  63. Apr 6, 2012
    I actually really enjoyed this movie. What exactly are you expecting in a movie such as this when you criticize the story, acting, character development? This is a Monster movie, ideal for a Saturday afternoon with little thought needed. Check your high-brow, internal critic at the door and just let it be the roller coaster it was intended. You won't be disappointed.
  64. Apr 6, 2012
    Advertised as a 'fantasy' film I couldn't help but chuckle whilst watching this movie, considering that perhaps it should have instead been advertised "Greek Panatheon Family Drama." The plot seemed focused on resolving the conflict within between family members as a cheap attempt at preaching morality but instead was laughable. Characterization was almost non-existant - Oh, don'tAdvertised as a 'fantasy' film I couldn't help but chuckle whilst watching this movie, considering that perhaps it should have instead been advertised "Greek Panatheon Family Drama." The plot seemed focused on resolving the conflict within between family members as a cheap attempt at preaching morality but instead was laughable. Characterization was almost non-existant - Oh, don't misunderstand me, there was of course we all the formulaic characters; The reluctant hero, the family traitor, the flawed but ultimately redeemed father. The dialogue was appalling - several lines seemed ripped straight out of Star Wars ("I know there's still good in you.) And of course when it comes to historical accuracy, well, Hollywood is notorious for being weak in that department. The greatest delight of this film was it's visual effects, which were thrilling to the eye and I quite enjoyed the architecture of the labyrinth. The action was dull, the ending predictable, and overral Wrath of the Titans was an unstirred, messy flop of a film. Save your money, and if you must watch it, wait until its DVD release. Expand
  65. Apr 5, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans was different from its predecessor film, clash of the titans 2010. the story was weak, not enough details to the movie, but the special effects to the film were on point including on Kronos. the cast to the Wrath film were good, the actions or battles were great, better than the first. my opinion this film is one of the best I see so far.
  66. Apr 5, 2012
    This movie is awful - we almost walked out. Sure the acting isn't horrible, it's merely charmless. The CGI is fine, but lifeless. The story is vaguely coherent, but idiotic all the same. The writing is the laziest kind: characters who are brothers call each other by name for no reason as a way of letting us know who is who. The labyrinth we're told is impossible is solved on accidentThis movie is awful - we almost walked out. Sure the acting isn't horrible, it's merely charmless. The CGI is fine, but lifeless. The story is vaguely coherent, but idiotic all the same. The writing is the laziest kind: characters who are brothers call each other by name for no reason as a way of letting us know who is who. The labyrinth we're told is impossible is solved on accident in 5 minutes after they lose the map. Men with spears stand in a line as if they're going to be able to fight a fire god the size of a mountain. Boo on this movie. Expand
  67. Apr 5, 2012
    The problem with this movie is that it is boring.
    I can forgive plot holes. I can forgive not developing characters very much. I can forgive having little explanation as to the motives of characters.

However, this movie moves at a plodding pace, drags on too long, and has too little reward for staying the entire time.
  68. Apr 5, 2012
    Angels: I have always loved reading Greek Mythology, and I am fascinated by the stories. As a kid I can still remember how much I enjoyed the special effects of say Jason & the Argonauts. (Though by today's standards these effects appear so primitive.) Well I loved the special effects of this 'Titans' movie, especially the whirling dervish double torso sword fighting makhai (?). TheyAngels: I have always loved reading Greek Mythology, and I am fascinated by the stories. As a kid I can still remember how much I enjoyed the special effects of say Jason & the Argonauts. (Though by today's standards these effects appear so primitive.) Well I loved the special effects of this 'Titans' movie, especially the whirling dervish double torso sword fighting makhai (?). They alone were worth the price of admission. It was also fun to see those fine actors, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, and Bill Nighy getting paid-without having to work too hard. I suppose that is why I only give this a 6. The dialogue and character development were minimal, and the exciting special effects did not compensate for that.
    Still, I would rather have paid to watch this movie than stayed at home (and saved my money).
    Angels: the sun is only a pale reflection of your beauty.
  69. Apr 5, 2012
    I did not walk into the cinema expecting much, nor did it fulfill much. It was quite a good watch, but it wasn't a good film. It is full of cliches and quite crummy acting, but it wasn't boring, and although I could guess what was going to happen next, it didn't make me fall asleep. So overall, I think it was not a good film, but if you are just going there to waste time or to do somethingI did not walk into the cinema expecting much, nor did it fulfill much. It was quite a good watch, but it wasn't a good film. It is full of cliches and quite crummy acting, but it wasn't boring, and although I could guess what was going to happen next, it didn't make me fall asleep. So overall, I think it was not a good film, but if you are just going there to waste time or to do something with friends, you'll enjoy it if you don't expect much. Expand
  70. Apr 4, 2012
    Très difficile que de donner son avis sur La Colère des Titans lorsqu'on veut se montrer humble. D'une part que cette suite se montre bien plus rythmée (grâce à une plus faible durée : 1h27) et ne se prend que trop rarement au sérieux. Après, lors des moments justement plusTrès difficile que de donner son avis sur La Colère des Titans lorsqu'on veut se montrer humble. D'une part que cette suite se montre bien plus rythmée (grâce à une plus faible durée : 1h27) et ne se prend que trop rarement au sérieux. Après, lors des moments justement plus sérieux, on s'enfonce dans une niaiserie rarement atteinte, l'ensemble manquant encore plus de scénario que le film précédent et un casting toujours aussi inégal. De même, La Colère des Titans est très efficace, mais on a tout de même l'impression qu'il manque ne serait-ce qu'une once de spectaculaire... On sent la volonté de bien faire pour livrer un divertissement de bonne facture mais on sent également que le tout est bâclé. Alors que dire? Finalement, je pense qu'il faut trancher ainsi : La Colère des Titans n'est qu'un blockbuster américain de plus, qui ne cherche qu'à divertir les spectateurs avides de ce genre de spectacles, sans pour autant casser la baraque. En somme, même s'il se montre différent du premier sur quelques points, La Colère des Titans ne vaut guère mieux que son prédécesseur, sans être pire non plus. Expand
  71. Apr 3, 2012
    Wrath of The Titans is too silly than any Michael Bay's movies? I got no problem with the 3D but the script is already silly, all casts looks bad either. Wrath of The Titans' sequel? Good luck.
  72. Apr 2, 2012
    This movie has been very disappointing, without managing to sympathize with any personage who composes it. A simple history, without content, which will cause you nonchalance. Sincerely, the worst movie of the year for the present.
  73. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only reason you'll feel any wrath is because you shelled out 12 bucks for this steaming bucket of half-baked plot, cliched dialogue and disappointing 3-D special effects. Expand
  74. Apr 2, 2012
    I fell asleep. Battle after battle made this a not very exciting movie. To be fair, special effects bore me. It is probably a good movie for kids, and it will probably make a good video game (particularly the labyrinth) but it really isn't all that exciting.
  75. Apr 2, 2012
    Glad I didn't listen to the reviews on this one. I wanted to relax and watch some good action and great 3D with no lame drama and that's what I got. Not every movie needs to be a Blade Runner or The English Patient.
  76. Apr 2, 2012
    first things first i want to get rid of what people say about the bad acting in this film it has Liam Neeson in it and he is amazing. the next thing is the amazing special effects in this film but i will warn you i didn't watch this in 3d and neither should you it can make a film get a really bad reputation. know sadly on to why it was only an 8 out of 10. the story feels a bit rushed ifirst things first i want to get rid of what people say about the bad acting in this film it has Liam Neeson in it and he is amazing. the next thing is the amazing special effects in this film but i will warn you i didn't watch this in 3d and neither should you it can make a film get a really bad reputation. know sadly on to why it was only an 8 out of 10. the story feels a bit rushed i hardly remember the names of the characters and with in the first 5 minutes there is action. GIVE IT A STORY. i would have given this film a 10 if it had a good story. what a shame. Expand
  77. Apr 1, 2012
    I watched this flick yesterday, and went in with rather low expectations, which this movie did live up to. The acting is cheesy at best, with Ralph Fiennes being the one notable exception, the story had a few plot holes and Greek mythology gets heavily abused. That being said, the CGI effects were decent and the action scenes were believable enough. It's a true turn-off-your-brains typeI watched this flick yesterday, and went in with rather low expectations, which this movie did live up to. The acting is cheesy at best, with Ralph Fiennes being the one notable exception, the story had a few plot holes and Greek mythology gets heavily abused. That being said, the CGI effects were decent and the action scenes were believable enough. It's a true turn-off-your-brains type action movie. I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone, but it's not as poor as professional critics imply. Expand
  78. Apr 1, 2012
    Wrath of the titans was a big improvement over Clash of the titans. It still surely has its flaws, the acting and the dialogue got very cheesy and corny at times but it was certainly a fun movie. The plot had a few holes and it wasn't all that good to begin with but it seemed to work out well in the end though. Although i am a huge fan of him, Sam Worthington is not the best actor in theWrath of the titans was a big improvement over Clash of the titans. It still surely has its flaws, the acting and the dialogue got very cheesy and corny at times but it was certainly a fun movie. The plot had a few holes and it wasn't all that good to begin with but it seemed to work out well in the end though. Although i am a huge fan of him, Sam Worthington is not the best actor in the world either. On to the positives, the biggest improvement was the 3d. The 3d was very good for this film. I saw this with my cousin and it was funny because multiple times he tried to dodge what was coming at him in the film. This comes as a bit of a surprise to me because this along with Clash were both converted into 3d which means they are filmed in 2d but converted to 3d afterwards which usually comes up with very poor results such as what happened with Clash, but Wrath of the titans was very good 3d wise, and action wise. The action was fun and very entertaining, and there was some surprising comedic relief as well. Good action film, great 3d film, but poor plot-wise and the majority of the acting as well. Overall i'll give Wrath of the titans a 5.5/10 Expand
  79. Apr 1, 2012
    Wrath of the Titans is better then Clash of the Titans with its visual affects and action scenes but there were a lot of gaps in the story. The beginning of the movie felt more like the middle of the movie. So you are left wondering why are certain things happening. 3D was good! Bubo the mechanical Owl finally makes a brief appearance but that's all.
  80. Apr 1, 2012
    I was so excited, the trailers looked excellent and my boyfriend and I were so happy when we got to the cinema and the movie started. When we walked out we both turned to each other and said 'it wasn't as good as i thought it would be.' The first one was better. It was a bit of a 'let down.'
  81. Mar 31, 2012
    The plot is simply boring, just like a written project in high school that you submit "for the purpose of compliance". The visual effects are acceptable enough to the gut. The characters are more-than-dull, can not find the exact word for it. I thought it was "Wrath of the Titans", more appropriate would have been "Sway of the Titan". Overall, this one's disappointing. The prequel "ClashThe plot is simply boring, just like a written project in high school that you submit "for the purpose of compliance". The visual effects are acceptable enough to the gut. The characters are more-than-dull, can not find the exact word for it. I thought it was "Wrath of the Titans", more appropriate would have been "Sway of the Titan". Overall, this one's disappointing. The prequel "Clash of the Titans" was way better.

movienotesbook.blogspot.com
  82. Mar 31, 2012
    I really liked the film there is some great action scenes good special effects and the 3 D was pretty good as well not really sure why it gets such a low score as it was much better then Clash Of The Titans.
  83. Mar 31, 2012
    Excelente película, la sinapsis, el desempeño de cada personaje, es una película maravillosa. 100% recomendada.Los efectos especiales son excelentes y el maquillaje.
  84. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie is quite simple 1 of the few 2012 blockbusters that are actually worth going to. The experience was so EPIC! that i felt the need to capture some footage with my blackberry so i could watch the ending over and over again until it releases on blu-ray. This movie may not have the most mind blowing story but the action is top notch and if you fail to see that you are a loser whoThis movie is quite simple 1 of the few 2012 blockbusters that are actually worth going to. The experience was so EPIC! that i felt the need to capture some footage with my blackberry so i could watch the ending over and over again until it releases on blu-ray. This movie may not have the most mind blowing story but the action is top notch and if you fail to see that you are a loser who should go see the help and forever remain alone and far from action movies. This movie is up there in my top 3 rank. Transformers series, Iron Man series, Clash and Wrath of the Titans series. These actors were also wonderful to watch and it toward the last minutes of the movie i literally shed a tear because it was such a heart warming moment. >:-) action high budget blockbusters FTW!!! Expand
  85. Mar 31, 2012
    If I can say one good thing about the movie it's that it has amazing special effects. The best special effect is how they got A-listers like Worthington, Neeson, and Fiennes to do what is essentially a B-movie script. Once you see the headstone of a Greek grave enscribed in perfectly legible English, you know the target audience for the film. Just suspend your knowledge of how GreekIf I can say one good thing about the movie it's that it has amazing special effects. The best special effect is how they got A-listers like Worthington, Neeson, and Fiennes to do what is essentially a B-movie script. Once you see the headstone of a Greek grave enscribed in perfectly legible English, you know the target audience for the film. Just suspend your knowledge of how Greek mythology really played out, pat yourself on the back for paying only matinee ticket prices, and enjoy! Would be a great movie for father-son pairs to watch and probably could have been released around Father's Day to maximize the ticket sales--fatherhood is essentially the moral theme. Pray they don't try to milk this any further. With the ending they had, I doubt a trilogy is possible anyway. Expand
  86. Mar 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Finished watching this movie on yesterday,and it was kinda half-cooked story.The some of the 3D animations are look great,some are so-so.The Fighting Scenes are good,but less impressing.The ending is kinda simplistic,grab the weapon,kill the Kronos just one stab weapon inside him and dead,THE END.Oh come on man,i thought the ending was so epic at all,but this is what i gonna said,the story is average.3D effects are kinda improved from last story they made.So thats all i wanna say about this movie. Expand
  87. Mar 30, 2012
    Unless you've been using chastity belt for your TV, you must have knowledge of Greek mythology by now. So many depictions had been made to milk it, and for better or worse, Wrath of Titans falls in the good graph but lesser story category. It has its moments, mostly brotherly or fatherly love, so if you're in it for Gemma Artenton wearing pseudo combat bikini, there's little to nothing toUnless you've been using chastity belt for your TV, you must have knowledge of Greek mythology by now. So many depictions had been made to milk it, and for better or worse, Wrath of Titans falls in the good graph but lesser story category. It has its moments, mostly brotherly or fatherly love, so if you're in it for Gemma Artenton wearing pseudo combat bikini, there's little to nothing to do here. Plenty of combat and CG, it also has a thin plot, but it's decently eye pleasing.

I'm happy to inform that the 3D works, unlike most movies nowadays that fool you into believing they do. Its visceral graph continuously tugs you in on the action and it uses wonderfully simple effects to give that illusion of depth perception. Some of the shots are fast and focused which instill necessarily tension. The visual works well, especially in outdoor sequences where it shines, the indoor scenes are a tad below par though.

In this episode, Zeus takes a break from transforming into various objects to get laid in order to save the world from the grip of his father, Kronos. As the myth goes, Kronos is a very unpleasant titan, he eats his children and being practically mountain size, he's virtually almighty. Until Zeus survives his fate and with the help of his brothers, Poseidon and Hades, seals the titan and all is good. However the vast population begins to turn into atheists, making Zeus and the rest impotent. This is where Perseus, the Kraken slayer, comes to save his father and saves the world.

He meets with other allies, a demigod and a warrior queen. This set of one hero, one joker and one chick reminds of Scorpion King, and it's not actually far from that premise. They journey to various places to find a way to defeat Kronos, without spoiling anything, it includes jamming a certain sharp object into his throat, because it's the most logical plot when facing a dastardly villain. Acting is good throughout, with big names like Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson and Bill Nighy as the supports. They provide most of its bulk content, and individually better than Sam Worthington who seems more comfortable in his role but still trapped in the heroic cliché.

Plot revolves much around the ridge in the heavenly patriarch hierarchy, there's a lot of father issue going on here. It gets bland quite a bit while the dialogues are mostly adequate. Some creatures, while not as many as the predecessor, appear for those certain fight scenes specifically, it could be better if their roles are more integrated into the story. With charismatic cast, it does help to boost the dramatization, but it still ends up one dimensional. CG is pleasingly good, but the melee choreograph couldâ
  88. Mar 30, 2012
    Wow avoid at all cost, it's worst than the first movie and that's saying a lot. The 3D is not great like the first, heck I even walked out of the cinema half way, I could go on but I don't want to waste my time I just wanted to warm everyone AVOID AT ALL COST.
  89. Mar 30, 2012
    WOW really 36/100. can't believe Critic's sometimes, just seen the movie its alot better then Clash Of The Titans. Story might not be %100 by the book but its worth watching.
  90. Mar 30, 2012
    Let me start by saying that I loved this movie. Those who are complaining about the story are just being overly critical. That is the critics job. The story is easily enough understood. Perseus is trying to stop the titans to protect his son. Simple as that. The action scenes and CGI are fantastic and the final battle will blow you away. There are many references to Greek mythology andLet me start by saying that I loved this movie. Those who are complaining about the story are just being overly critical. That is the critics job. The story is easily enough understood. Perseus is trying to stop the titans to protect his son. Simple as that. The action scenes and CGI are fantastic and the final battle will blow you away. There are many references to Greek mythology and this movie lets you see more of the gods and their awesome powers. The only reason this gets a nine is because the 3-D kind of sucks, but who cares? So, if your not nit-picky about the story, don't care about 3-D, and love action, then go and see this movie now! Expand
  91. Mar 30, 2012
    Although it is a bit of an improvement on the first one, it is still the same damn thing.
  92. Mar 30, 2012
    Notwithstanding its much improved 3-D effects over its predecessor, "Wrath of the Titans" does what people do everyday: looking at a computer screen. What audiences see, even in 3-D, are multi-limbed and headed CGI creatures, "unanimated" and lifeless, being rigidly juxtaposed to real-life people who take swing after swing to their unhuman counterparts, and miss time after time;Notwithstanding its much improved 3-D effects over its predecessor, "Wrath of the Titans" does what people do everyday: looking at a computer screen. What audiences see, even in 3-D, are multi-limbed and headed CGI creatures, "unanimated" and lifeless, being rigidly juxtaposed to real-life people who take swing after swing to their unhuman counterparts, and miss time after time; apparently, as long as a computer image has the appearance of falling and dying onto the ground, the need for the same animated creature looking as if he had "been hit" is not important. Much like a Rocky-Creed bout (only without the use of computers), the punches here don't connect. Essentially, what the audience sees in 'Wrath' is an exhausted use of expensive, yet poor quality, effects that fills the entire length of the film; in the past such effects were used on occassions to "add to" scenes, not to "fill" runtimes. But, don't feel bad because your inexorable sense of exhaustion was surely shared by the actors of the film; you think watching this is bad, what about the actors who had to wave swords against air? With that in mind, it almost makes you feel better doesn't it? Oh, you're right, there's no recovering that wretched theater ticket, popcorn, and drink. Honestly, though, you had to have seen this coming... Collapse
  93. Mar 30, 2012
    I went without expectations into the cinema and was content to the end with the film. It offered good, simple maintenance, fantastische Special Effects and cool monsters to me - exactly as with the first part! Who more expected by such a film, should itself be conscious, that " Popcorn Entertainment" means, undemandingly, but to be well maintained!
    That is it, which just as good this film
    That is it, which just as good this film makes, like its predecessor: Good Entertainment and nothing more!
    And by the way a fantastic Bill Nighy in the Role of Hephaistos, as well as Ralph Fiennes as Hades!
  94. Mar 30, 2012
    I think that the film is better than the first Titans, because in the other all be boring, and the horrible 3D uff, I don't wanna remember, but this film is really good, have great action moments, and have other good things. Wrath of the Titans is cool.
  95. Mar 30, 2012
    A tad better than the Clash of the Titans but still.
    A tad better than the Clash of the Titans but still.
    Nice CGI and fights yet... why Hollywood wants to rape Greek Mithology so badly? Is it so hard to make a movie that is not completely trivial or with characters who are as flat as pancakes? I don't expect Citizen Kane set in ancient Greece but I'd like something more than random action scenes stuck together through a story that is as good as the one of Clash of the Titans (which was bad, if you don't know already).
  96. Mar 30, 2012
    Fans of the original will find continuity between the two films, but also contradictions. The running time is filled with random creatures popping out for no reason other than to showcase CGI effects and lifeless, seen-it-before action set pieces. Wrath of the titans lacks the stunning fight choreography of the similarly plotted Immortals. The action scenes are shot with the camera tooFans of the original will find continuity between the two films, but also contradictions. The running time is filled with random creatures popping out for no reason other than to showcase CGI effects and lifeless, seen-it-before action set pieces. Wrath of the titans lacks the stunning fight choreography of the similarly plotted Immortals. The action scenes are shot with the camera too close to the action, and with the combatants too close to each other. Since the shots have no depth, the 3D format is wasted. While the drama between the gods is interesting, and is clearly the focus of the film, the humans are like wind-up toys, mechanically marching through a play-set world. Full review on my blog. Expand
  97. Mar 30, 2012
    Just got finished watching the midnight showing. I had already read the reviews and saw that it was getting some flack but decided to check it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprised that I walked away doubting the reviewers I had previously read. The movie is a solid action flick, good special effects, and much improved 3D over the original. Overall I feel the pacing was much better thanJust got finished watching the midnight showing. I had already read the reviews and saw that it was getting some flack but decided to check it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprised that I walked away doubting the reviewers I had previously read. The movie is a solid action flick, good special effects, and much improved 3D over the original. Overall I feel the pacing was much better than Clash and more intense. The mythology aspect was improved upon as well (although not following much to real mythos), but the involvement of the super natural was a lot heavier. The only real complaints are there wasn't much explanation for the basis of the story or reviving Cronos... It kind of just is happening. The characters weren't too deep, but honestly I wasn't expecting that anyway. Sam Worthington is improved but still so-so. Either way, I was entertained and so was the group I went with. From the discussions overheard after exiting the movie, it seems that the audience as a whole liked it too. Worth checking out if you want to see a fun action flick or enjoy mythology. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mark Holcomb
    Mar 31, 2012
    What it lacks are the very elements that made the first movie such a surprise: wit and nerve.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Mar 31, 2012
    An imagined conversation between Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, after the premiere of Wrath of the Titans...
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 31, 2012
    For those with a burning curiosity to know how "The Lord of the Rings" as directed by Michael Bay might look, Wrath of the Titans provides an idea. This is epic fantasy for teenage boys as only Hollywood can do it: with plenty of grotesque monsters and big explosions replacing characters and narrative.