Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: April 1, 2010
4.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 421 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeMar 5, 2016
I felt like watching a bored version of fighting and clashing for the ultimate victory for exactly 106 minutes (as Metacritic told me so enough). We'll have to see about Wrath of the Titans soon enough.
TheQuietGamerFeb 14, 2011
If you like action movies or movies about Greek mythology than this is a movie you will highly enjoy, an ultimately enjoyable movie with likable characters and a great story, some stale moments and one or two plot holes are the only thingsIf you like action movies or movies about Greek mythology than this is a movie you will highly enjoy, an ultimately enjoyable movie with likable characters and a great story, some stale moments and one or two plot holes are the only things holding it back, a great movie from beginning to end. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Although some of its other lesser-billed cast members do fairly well here, "Clash Of The Titans" unfortunately cannot lift itself up and over the hurdle of poor writing.
csw12Mar 25, 2012
To put it simply Clash of the Titan is horrible film. Acting was so bad people on sci fi movies would have done better. Visuals are disgraceful and story is nonexistent. Why would anybody make a film like this, oh is it because of the money.To put it simply Clash of the Titan is horrible film. Acting was so bad people on sci fi movies would have done better. Visuals are disgraceful and story is nonexistent. Why would anybody make a film like this, oh is it because of the money. FYI the movie was a flop at the box office. RELEASE THE KRACKEN. HOW STUPID. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 25, 2011
The movie was so obvious, I just retreated to my house from the theaters.
cameronmorewoodNov 15, 2012
It's the movie event of the year, if your a ten-year old boy that is.
Trev29Mar 16, 2013
Mind bobbling piece of trash. Disgraceful acting and story that is intertwined with thoughtless action scenes that are incredibly banal. An embarrassing attempt at creating entertainment.
TokyochuchuAug 26, 2012
Clash of the Titans reminds me of old school adventure films like Sinbad & The Eye of the Tiger or, uh, Clash of the Titans. It's certainly not high art but then those movies never were. This Clash of the Titans is, however, good clean fantasy fun.
CineAutoctonoDec 24, 2015
"Clash of the Titans" was a very boring movie , about the script , ero was outstanding in CGI and plot, but Sam Worthington in Avatar would suit instead of this disaster.
ZilcellMar 30, 2012
Acting was mediocre, the story was tolerable, and the special effects were great. I'd say the dialogue could have been better in some parts however.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
The trailer of this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen (scene after scene of fighting without actually revealing anything of the movie itself other than it seems to have a lot of characters - and a lot of fighting); I was really hopingThe trailer of this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen (scene after scene of fighting without actually revealing anything of the movie itself other than it seems to have a lot of characters - and a lot of fighting); I was really hoping the movie would be better, and it was.

There was a good plot going on, although the events kept jumping forward at a fast pace. They certainly didn't make the characters stay in one place for too long. Thanks to that, the movie seemed really short.

I think the cast was pretty good, as were the characters, although there was very little time to learn to know them. None of them was outrageously good, or bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen and various other actors play their part.

There was some depth in this movie, and it wasn't all about the fighting either. It was sad to see such good potential go to waste when the plot thinned and thinned into something rather disappointing. Especially the few confusing, pointless (romantic?) scenes ruined the ending. I hate it when they try to put something between two characters who clearly have nothing to do with each other.

I am not too familiar with the myths and legends of the ancient world, but this illustrated those very nicely, loyal to "reality" or not.

And I must say, the movie looked really good. Where the plot was too fast-paced and hurried, the amazing scenery, animals and such were superb. Especially loved Hades' power and the pegasos.

Go see this movie if you're even somewhat interested, because it is better than the trailer tells you. Even if it is missing a little substance here and there, the movie is good, no denying it.
MovieLonely94Jun 11, 2011
Based on the 1981 movie of the same name, this remake tells the re-imagining of the Greek mythology and also tells the story about Perseus, who learns that he is the demigod of Zeus and the only one who can stop Hades from summoning theBased on the 1981 movie of the same name, this remake tells the re-imagining of the Greek mythology and also tells the story about Perseus, who learns that he is the demigod of Zeus and the only one who can stop Hades from summoning the Kraken that would wipe out the Titans and cause chaos to the world forever while being aided by Argos finest soldiers.

I am going to make my opinion to make this review pretty much shorter.

This remake isn't really bad, but its just wasn't groundbreaking. The CGI was good and sometimes the action scenes were a lot of fun, but the plot and characters were undeveloped and the storytelling was weak.

Clash of the Titans suffers from its thin plot and lack of character, but has great amount of action scenes and very cool-looking CGI effects.

heyitsmegrif4Jan 2, 2012
The film benefits from cool action and great special effects but there aren't enough of those things to actually save the film because it lacks adventure and strong performances. I give this movie 33%.
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
Very flawed, but the special effects were great. Also, casting Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes as important characters was a great choice. A decent film.
eagleeyevikingDec 12, 2013
With terrible acting, a pathetic script, miserable 3D, a tedious plot and derivative elements, Clash of the Titans hits rock bottom in showing what a movie can be.
BroyaxJan 21, 2017
Histoire bidon incapable de s'inspirer au moins correctement de la -pourtant- si vaste mythologie grecque, scénario très poussif incapable de s'extirper de son remplissage auto-suffisant, ce qui signifie beaucoup trop de dialogues dont on seHistoire bidon incapable de s'inspirer au moins correctement de la -pourtant- si vaste mythologie grecque, scénario très poussif incapable de s'extirper de son remplissage auto-suffisant, ce qui signifie beaucoup trop de dialogues dont on se fout comme d'une guigne et trop peu d'action... avec un titre pareil "le choc des Titans" on attend toujours et je me suis endormi entretemps. Les acteurs sont en roue libre et du coup un peu à la masse ; quant à la réalisation, si elle s'avère correcte dans l'ensemble, elle ne fait que se reposer sur les effets spéciaux. Bref, très mal construit, branlant et bringuebalant de partout, le choc du film merdique en pleine face. Expand
BrandonBonaseraNov 16, 2011
CLASH OF THE TITANS may have terrible acting, writing and 3D, but it is still pretty entertaining with great special effects.
RayzorMooseNov 20, 2013
The titans clash with mediocre flash.
The movie has a solid performance from Sam Worthington, and a few good action scenes. The rest of it is utter rubbish with poor directing, and a poor script.
MegWhiteleyMar 30, 2012
Horrible movie, is really boring, the screenplay terrible, have good effects, but a terrible 3D, I think that Wrath of the Titans is better than this part.
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
KivaJun 11, 2013
The action was good and it had good plot. Much better than the sequel. it was enjoyable. I liked it i can say
spadenxDec 25, 2011
It was ok. The acting was far below what I expected, Especially from their A-list cast. Also everyone seemed really out of place, It didnt feel like a movie taking place in ancient times. The only person who really fit perfectly was MadsIt was ok. The acting was far below what I expected, Especially from their A-list cast. Also everyone seemed really out of place, It didnt feel like a movie taking place in ancient times. The only person who really fit perfectly was Mads Mikkelsen, He stood out to me for some reason. The action was average and is never good nor bad.

Overall it was just a pointless remake that does nothing but prove just because its newer doesnt mean its better.
MovieMasterEddyApr 3, 2016
A hero's quest? No, a fool's errand.

"Clash of the Titans" is the latest example of Hollywood's belief that any terrible script can be made palatable if you just throw enough money and British accents at it. Director Louis Leterrier
A hero's quest? No, a fool's errand.

Director Louis Leterrier wants his movie to be a serious action-adventure, an epic with mythic resonance; if he didn't, he wouldn't have cribbed so much from "The Lord of the Rings" movies. But in striving for a combination of grit and grandeur, Leterrier misses a chance to make the kind of camp classic that could have endured for generations. Instead, it's a muddled disappointment.

What appeal the movie has comes from its two biggest-name stars, both of whom deliver outsized performances befitting their status as, well, gods. As Zeus, Liam Neeson struts around in a disco-inspired silver outfit that shines so brightly we can barely see his face. As his brother Hades, Ralph Fiennes swoops up from the underworld in his own cloud of dirty smoke, like an infernal Pig Pen. They're welcome counterpoint to Sam Worthington, the Australian actor who previously played monotonous, clenched-jaw hero Jake Sully in "Avatar" and who, in "Clash of the Titans," plays Perseus as Sully with better legs.

Foundling Perseus, the offspring of Zeus and a human woman, comes to the city of Argos as its king declares war on those inconstant gods. Sent off in search of a way to kill the Kraken, the leviathan who is the gods' greatest weapon, Perseus and his band of merry misfit soldiers hack and slash their way through a rogues' gallery of quasi-mythological creatures.

The action kicks off with an endless battle against a nest of giant scorpions - a fight that, like most of the movie's set pieces, is hectic, gory and visually incoherent. The scorpions of stop-motion master Ray Harryhausen's 1981 original "Clash" may have lacked the trompe l'oeil magic of contemporary CGI, but at least Harryhausen knew how to direct an action sequence. Watching a bunch of undifferentiated muscular dudes in tunics pretend to fight some imaginary scorpions, I could only think how much better the scene would have been were it scored to, say, the Scorpions' "Rock Me Like a Hurricane." So lacking in wit and flair is "Clash" that such groan-worthy ideas seem preferable to what's actually on the screen.Later, Perseus visits the Stygian witches and battles a truly lame-looking Medusa. A trip to the underworld does give the movie one of its few moments of real visual invention, as skeletal Charon's ferry is pulled across the river Styx by waterlogged zombies.

Then - as anyone who has seen the movie's endlessly replayed ads is aware - the gods release the Kraken. He's huge; he's slimy; he has tentacles. His attack on Argos is as leaden and unthrilling as can be, as is Perseus's inevitable triumph. The movie's conclusion promises a sequel, and given the economics of Hollywood, that's a threat we must take seriously.

Why? Because Warner Bros. has spent wisely to buy a hit. They even converted the movie -- at the last minute and to unimpressive effect -- to 3-D in order to take advantage of exorbitant ticket prices. It hardly matters that "Clash," unlike recent examples of glorious Tinseltown excess including "Avatar" and "2012," offers so little bang for the buck. "Clash of the Titans," unfortunately, is too big to fail.
gm101Oct 6, 2010
While the 3D was poorly done, I still thought the movie was decent, and that means a lot coming from someone who's not a big fan of movies based on Greek mythology.
smijatovAug 13, 2010
This is one of those films that you go into not expecting to be funny, but then you laugh so hard because it is so bad!!!
Well, to start with the story: it is totally ridiculous and not according to the myths. Well, the basic story is, but it's been so Hollywoodised and twisted that it just makes no sense.
The dialogue is soooo thin that you can see through it and the plot more wholes than Swiss cheese. It's just a plain stupid film, but it definitely has interesting action scenes and some impressive visual effects. Surely, it will entertain (hence the 5), but it will give you nothing else. It's a film you watch and are entertained during it, but afterwards you just don't care to ever think about it again.
A_NorthernerMar 27, 2012
Standard fare epic fantasy historical action film in the vein of 300. Louis Leterrier, of Transporter fame, leads Sam Worthington as Perseus into combat against the gods of Olympus. Worthington fits the bill as the all-Greek action hero butStandard fare epic fantasy historical action film in the vein of 300. Louis Leterrier, of Transporter fame, leads Sam Worthington as Perseus into combat against the gods of Olympus. Worthington fits the bill as the all-Greek action hero but has little to work with in the script department, often finding it cliched and riddled with cheesy one-liners. The cast includes some big names, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Danny Huston but these characters are given little screen time in comparison with Worthington, with the exception of Fiennes, notable for his terrible portrayal of Hades complete with Voldemort voice. Worth mentioning that the visuals and special effects are excellent as one would expect with a film that relies upon them so heavily. Expand
ArkonBladeOct 27, 2010
a very shallow film that is action packed with some nice visuals . the original was better as it usaully goes with remakes . they basically trimmed out more story for more CGI. its a ok film but forgettable .
NazguleroMay 20, 2011
I really enjoyed this movie. Hades was awesome, and so was much of the rest, especially Medusa. The CGI was incredible. There was not a boring second in the entire movie. Simply fantastic.
dev92Aug 24, 2012
Not a good film, I prefer my films to require brain cells to watch. I love Greek mythology but this was an abomination of classic mythology. I think viewers who enjoy 'popcorn action flicks' may enjoy this film but even they may think thatNot a good film, I prefer my films to require brain cells to watch. I love Greek mythology but this was an abomination of classic mythology. I think viewers who enjoy 'popcorn action flicks' may enjoy this film but even they may think that this was just not good enough. The ironic thing is that I actually think the acting was fine. Expand
JonnyFendiJan 11, 2011
Thiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The DirectorThiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: Giant Scorpions Battle, Medusa Hunt and Furious Kraken scene. The special effects worked well. But in the close-up fight scenes, the camera did not focus and too fast, we did not really see what was really going on. The dialogues were a little bit lame and lack of interlude jokes. However, I like The Gods Gathering on Olympus as describe on thiz film. It is better and way beyond of what we saw earlier thiz year on PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS which also based on Greek mythology. My school teacher used to say, Sometimes what we saw in movie-trailer is what we saw in entire movie. It really happened on thiz movie. Worthington was not on his best, compare to his latest performances in TERMINATOR SALVATION (2009) and ground-breaking AVATAR (2009). There is emptiness during his appearance on thiz movie. Anyhow, I think we will see many of upcoming Worthington appearances. Thiz man could be new Schwarzenegger. It looks like we got a new Titan in Hollywood.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
TonyOct 15, 2010
The tone of the film is inconsistent and bothersome. At times it takes itself far too seriously, and then the next scene will have over-the-top scenery chewing. Thankfully I saw it in 2D because everyone I know who saw it in 3D said it wasThe tone of the film is inconsistent and bothersome. At times it takes itself far too seriously, and then the next scene will have over-the-top scenery chewing. Thankfully I saw it in 2D because everyone I know who saw it in 3D said it was unwatchable. And I'm not really on board the Sam Worthington train having not been terribly impressed with his performance here or in "Avatar." Expand
txrangersfan72Jan 9, 2011
People crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of thePeople crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, my expectations may have been low, but after watching Louis Letterier's directorial follow-up to a superb reboot of The Incredible Hulk, I am convinced people are absolutely crazy. This movie was fantastic! I read that it was cheesy. Yes, it had some cheesy elements to it, but have you seen the original? It DEFINES cheese! I read that the Kraken was disappointing because it was too octopus-like. Uhm...do you KNOW what a Kraken is? It is based on a GIANT SQUID. If anything, the original movie's Kraken was wrong! Louis Letterier did as good of a job remaking this classic than anyone could have done. He didn't insult it and wasn't so serious to make the original look cheesier than it already is. It was absolutely fantastic. The action, the CGI, even the elements of the story they changed. Yes, the acting was very bad in parts, but knowing the bad acting and effects from the original, can one really be THAT critical of this one? No, Gone With the Wind it was not, but it wasn't meant to be either. I question who could have expected more. Expand
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Jaw dropping special effects matched with a failure of a story line.
rotkuJul 3, 2011
Big budget fantasy adventure let down by a poor script, poor acting and a waste of the talents of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Will appeal to anybody who like the action thick and CGI heavy but it's predictable nonsense that get monotonousBig budget fantasy adventure let down by a poor script, poor acting and a waste of the talents of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Will appeal to anybody who like the action thick and CGI heavy but it's predictable nonsense that get monotonous about half way through, prepare for the inevitable sequel. Expand
davenbettridgeDec 18, 2011
There is so much potential in Greek mythology for a great movie but this is boring and the action lame. I never cared for any of the characters or events in this film and ended up rolling my eyes through most of the drama. Sam Worthington isThere is so much potential in Greek mythology for a great movie but this is boring and the action lame. I never cared for any of the characters or events in this film and ended up rolling my eyes through most of the drama. Sam Worthington is only one step above a horrible actor. Clash of the Titans is disappointing and a missed opportunity. Expand
YoursTrulyNov 13, 2012
How mediocre.
dyshpoJul 29, 2013
I've never felt so betrayed the trailer was so epic i thought they were going to give us what the original missed on but no. The ending is a miss it has many problems. But fun to watch it was entertaining.
ToffenuffNov 23, 2013
Some decent action and a handful of cool fight moments. Excellent special effects for sure. Standard becoming a hero to save the world plot. Writing is subpar and some of the acting is pretty bad, though I think partly because of someSome decent action and a handful of cool fight moments. Excellent special effects for sure. Standard becoming a hero to save the world plot. Writing is subpar and some of the acting is pretty bad, though I think partly because of some terrible lines. As a big Greek mythology fan I was disappointed in how inaccurate it was. Expand
Critic2012Jun 8, 2012
Clash of the Titans is not particularly good from the acting and writing perspective- in fact, its pretty terrible. But the action and adventure and scope of the film are enormous fun, and that compensates for what it lacks in other areas.
JuanoloApr 2, 2012
First off, this is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting is all right. Notbamazing, but still good. Score is great. Adds to the epic sequences they happen. Also, it has unbeleiveable great epic set pieces. They're really good. Visual effects ate great,First off, this is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting is all right. Notbamazing, but still good. Score is great. Adds to the epic sequences they happen. Also, it has unbeleiveable great epic set pieces. They're really good. Visual effects ate great, and the story is good. Overall, this is a good movie. It may not be amazing but still, it's a great movie. Expand
skyminsterDec 4, 2012
Clash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but notClash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly acted and scripted, this doesn't stop the film from being enjoyable, far from that, but all you see is awesome action, special effects, and filming, everything else is dumb and fairly poorly done. If it was less fast-paced, had actually good acting, a main character that's not too generic, and a well written script, I'd be giving it a 9/10, but no, it's too in your face with constant action and cheese, so I give it... 6.7/10 (rounded up to 7). Expand
pinattarJun 30, 2012
Not as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. AsNot as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. As for the story, it was interesting. I don't remember much from Greek mythology, so I'm not sure how "accurate" the characters are. There was one thing that keep on bugging me, why did Gemma Arterton go with them, what was her reason? Was it to protect Perseus? And how did she find them since she didn't leave with them? She just walks up the Perseus when they're in the forest, and they make no attempt to explain why she was there. The acting was what you would expect from an action movie. Ralph Fiennes basically played Voldemort for the first half of the movie which I thought was amusing. As for Sam Worthington, he was not that good. But oddly when I was watching the movie I noticed that he didn't speak that much, not sure if that was a deliberate attempt to mask his acting or not. The special effects were cool, they reminded me a lot of Transformers they way they had the light make those horizontal streaks on the screen. In all it is a below average action movie. 5/10. Expand
CRLAug 14, 2011
This is what happens when a film depends too much on CGI. Mediocre acting, a mediocre plot, and too many deviations from the actual mythology makes Clash of the Titans and utterly underwhelming hour and a half.
Patrick94Dec 28, 2014
I thought it was decent. The CGI didn't look that great at times though (the giant scorpions). I'd say it's slightly more enjoyable than the Percy Jackson series, and IMO way better than the similar Hercules movie with The Rock.
Lopez17Aug 11, 2010
The original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around aThe original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from the brink of destruction by the hands of the Kraken. With a small group of brave soldiers Perseus seeks to take on some of the most foul and feared creatures in Greek mythology and save Argos from there fate. While at sometimes, you may feel this film is a little too underwhelming and heavy-handed Louis Leterrierâ Expand
roddersj04Dec 29, 2010
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare the two versions, but heres my review It wasn't that good Things are a bit rushed throughout. We see Perseus with his family for barely 5 minutes and then they're dead. Pegasus appears only twice: once to introduce him and the second for Perseus to ride him. Theres no bond signifyed between the two, so we can't believe in their companionship like we would Ash and Pikachu Gemma Artertons character is basically summed up as "Appear, dispense wisdom, dissapeer, repeat above until tedioum sets in, make googley eyes with Sam Worthington, flee from scorpions, die, resurrection" and shes Perseus' love interest. Andromeda shared less scenes with Perseus, and I felt more of a connection between their characters. And Andromeda and Perseus are meant to be together! Ignoring that is like having Guenivere go with Merlin instead of King Arthur. The Djinn. Unimpressive. They were cool characters, but seriously, they reminded me of Seamus from Family Guy. They were tree men! Scorpions. Pretty cool, and I liked the Djinn riding them and the two guys fashioning a scorpion shield for Perseus. Medusa. I liked how her snake physicallities extended from just her hair to her being part snake. But thats all I liked about her, really. The rest, her firing arrows, toying with prey, just meh for me. The Kraken! Talk about unimpressive. I watched an episode of Better Off Ted the day before, where they named a piece of meat they were growing Blobby. When I saw the Kraken, the name Blobby just stuck in my mind. Zeus' armour. Seriously? Sparkly like Edward Cullen? Boo! Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always, as the evil Hades (thats who he was, right?) but the black tornado look when he first appears in Argos is crap The robot owl was a nice throwaway gag. The guy who convinced citizens of Argos to sacrifice Andromeda, he gets my award for "Biggest **** of the film" simply for being annoying and having the ugliest look since, well, ugly All in all, Good in places, but the bad points outweigh the good. Expand
MetalMan95Oct 30, 2010
This movie has really entertaining action, really good CGI, and somewhat good lines. The acting is meh, Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson definitely stand out. And the ending, with the kraken, It was good, but way too short. It took maybe 5This movie has really entertaining action, really good CGI, and somewhat good lines. The acting is meh, Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson definitely stand out. And the ending, with the kraken, It was good, but way too short. It took maybe 5 minutes to rise from the depths of the ocean, and 3 minutes to die. But it's an entertaining movie. Expand
ReviewCriticMar 20, 2012
Pretty good visual effects don't make up for it's cruddy story and writing.
itz_giologicalMay 23, 2011
If you look at the two latest Hollywood takes on Greek mythology (Percy Jackson and this snorefest built around epic cliches), Clash of the Titans may be set closer to the period. The wonderful talent carrying it were wasted by a scriptIf you look at the two latest Hollywood takes on Greek mythology (Percy Jackson and this snorefest built around epic cliches), Clash of the Titans may be set closer to the period. The wonderful talent carrying it were wasted by a script that's obviously trying too hard. It has nothing to boast but spectacular visual flash. But what I discovered here is that there is range in Sam Worthington's acting. If he wants to keep up the claims that he'll become the next Russell Crowe, he should go more to dramas than in epics that give no damn to mood and character. Expand
Bullet97Aug 27, 2010
This movie rocks!! It's far from perfect, with bad writing and acting, but its still awesome!! It's full of nonstop action, adventure, CGI effects, and fantasy. A great tribute to the films of Ray Harrihaussen. The critics and the hatersThis movie rocks!! It's far from perfect, with bad writing and acting, but its still awesome!! It's full of nonstop action, adventure, CGI effects, and fantasy. A great tribute to the films of Ray Harrihaussen. The critics and the haters don't understand that its just a big, dumb, epic action spectacular!! Expand
morfilJun 13, 2013
Adventure, pure adventure, regardless of complaints about story, acting, etc. The effects were ok. Maybe the mythology was used superficial, but, anyway, why should we be so serious about mythology in this century?! It's just a spring for newAdventure, pure adventure, regardless of complaints about story, acting, etc. The effects were ok. Maybe the mythology was used superficial, but, anyway, why should we be so serious about mythology in this century?! It's just a spring for new art, that's it. Get over it! Expand
RazvSep 21, 2010
Bad movie. I wasn't expecting more than a plotless, full of random action movie and still, i was disappointed. The characters are poorly made, the plot, well, there is none, and the fight scenes (the only thing I actually hoped to have hadBad movie. I wasn't expecting more than a plotless, full of random action movie and still, i was disappointed. The characters are poorly made, the plot, well, there is none, and the fight scenes (the only thing I actually hoped to have had some quality) were simple and unrealistic. Expand
sreekiranDec 19, 2010
clash of the titans has a simple script. gods and humans are fighting against each other. humans are taking revenge against gods. but the thing is that , a demi god is there perseus .... who fights for humans
the ultimate clash is missing
the ultimate clash is missing here. so execution is failed. direction and screenplay is very good. dialogs are strong enough in 2nd half. narration is well told in the beginning and 1st half. camera angling is perfect during the final battle . casting is good by 3-4 persons . rest did not get their job done well. background score is average. the kraken sequence has worthy background score. editing is fast in the climax battle. things go very quickly. cinematography is perfect. it captures the mountains ,.,, volcanic steeps the forts of the zeus and haydes. production values are awesome. but looks too much expensive
entertainment value is good in 2nd half. during the 1st half ,, only scorpio attack is entertaining. final verdict: the movie is a decent entertainer. in 2D avoid 3D.
f3l1p3Sep 16, 2014
Um bom filme. Ele tem todo um brilho que reflete a sua obra original,o Destino de Perseu. Só acho que o filme se perde em algumas partes,mas não atrapalha em muita coisa.
KundKAug 27, 2010
Unfortunately, this was a waste of money and talent (where applicable). In the olden times they had stories but no way to put the spectacle on the screen. Now, when the imagination is the only limit, they cannot make a coherent story evenUnfortunately, this was a waste of money and talent (where applicable). In the olden times they had stories but no way to put the spectacle on the screen. Now, when the imagination is the only limit, they cannot make a coherent story even based on the Greek mythology - the treasure trove of some of the greatest stories in the history of mankind. It is best to ignore this mess and watch the original in all it's cheesy glory and than rent the other Harryhausen masterworks. Compared with this, Prince of Persia was deep, complex and three-dimensional. Expand
RyanLopezMar 25, 2011
THIS MOVIE TOPS THE F*****G LIST-IT BYPASSES THE LAME ORIGINAL BY A LONG SHOT. I SAW IT 2 TIMES BECAUSE I LOVED IT SO MUCH. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST 2010 MOVIES
CharlottePApr 13, 2011
It's a shame that Sam Worthington comes across as so terribly humourless in this movie. Ultimately distinguished from the other warriors only by his incongruous buzz cut and beardless aspect, Sam's Perseus grimaces his way through everyIt's a shame that Sam Worthington comes across as so terribly humourless in this movie. Ultimately distinguished from the other warriors only by his incongruous buzz cut and beardless aspect, Sam's Perseus grimaces his way through every scene; his accent (now Australian, now American, now - gasp! - English) was the only unpredictable thing about his performance. Had he appeared to be enjoying himself, perhaps we would have too. As it was, the movie seemed like a randomly strung-together sequence of tenuously related events overseen by Perseus' perpetually frowning visage, culminating in a not-terribly-engaging monster battle. Expand
markAug 16, 2010
This movie could have been worth the money if only Liam Neeson would have proclaimed ... "Wee-lease the KWAKEN!!".

And what a poor Kraken it was. It was the Eddie the Eagle Edwards of Krakens.
shlugalugAug 27, 2010
This was a good time kill but Clash of the Titans is left to be a memory rather than sat on my DVD shelf. The special effects are good but at times, itâ
rodriqueJul 9, 2012
This movie is horrible,with a poor script and bad performances This remake to 1981 classic is probably one of the worst remakes Warner brothers has already produced.
Falling_HammerSep 17, 2010
The biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnesThe biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witch to me is all I need. Sure, it has got bad acting, and is a little cheesy but it is still a good film. Not great but also not bad movie. Solid Expand
Cotts1988Apr 30, 2011
Clash of the Titans takes Greek mythology, Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, giant scorpions and Medusa and manages to make them all boring. There was almost nothing to enjoy in this movie, even the action felt largely dull. An underwhelmingClash of the Titans takes Greek mythology, Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, giant scorpions and Medusa and manages to make them all boring. There was almost nothing to enjoy in this movie, even the action felt largely dull. An underwhelming disappointment and I sincerely hope that the proposed sequel is much, much better than this mess. Expand
RedShadowHatDec 31, 2012
Good story line, for a movie that I thought was going to be horrible, but the acting wasnt great. They didnt really seem to be in character at some points. Not enough fights and battles and most of them were kinda boring and took too long.Good story line, for a movie that I thought was going to be horrible, but the acting wasnt great. They didnt really seem to be in character at some points. Not enough fights and battles and most of them were kinda boring and took too long. And the movie was also too long, I got bored right away. It is still a good movie too watch once then never watch it again. Expand
kubathereviewerAug 8, 2013
I personally liked this movie, the action was good and the casting choices also worked. The plot was a bit weak as well as the dialogue but still a pretty good movie
HarbingerAug 14, 2010
COTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggestCOTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggest dissapointment. Thankfully, it features some enjoyable fight scenes, and of course, a great turn by Ralph Fiennes as Hades. Which by far, is easily the best thing about this film. I give it a 5/10. Expand
SonicphotoAug 29, 2010
Clash of the Titans is probably the worst movie of the year with a pretty bad script that doesn't even relate with Greek Gods as it should. Not only that but the acting of Sam Worthington is pretty bland for a hero that we must suppose toClash of the Titans is probably the worst movie of the year with a pretty bad script that doesn't even relate with Greek Gods as it should. Not only that but the acting of Sam Worthington is pretty bland for a hero that we must suppose to like and support. The movie definitely has the high productions of visuals and sound, but that's just not enough to ignore the fact the movie never seems to have a truly exciting moment or an emotional one. You just simply wait for something interesting to happen, and when you think it will, it fails to make an impact on you. And in terms of its mythology that is based on, it frankly uses it badly by re-creating visually the gods badly with pathetic costumes and situations that just don't seem to fit very well. Expand
Gojira63Jun 13, 2013
Comparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are eachComparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as he wrestles with his identity while battling fierce giant scorpions, the three witches, the Gorgon, Medusa, and the condemned Calibos culminating in a final showdown with the giant and terrifying Kraken, mythic sea creature set loose by the gods to destroy the city of Argos and the beautiful Andromeda who is being sacrificed to assuage the wrath of the gods. The motive for this epic quest is that the humans have rebelled against the gods and after killing Perseus' earthly family Hades has used the human rebellion as a means to defeat his brother Zeus to become King of the gods but he must also contend with a vengeful Perseus.

Liam Neeson was an excellent choice as Zeus with his booming voice and commanding presence and Ralph Fiennes does a spectacular job as the deliciously evil Hades, king of the Underworld. Sam Worthington also does an excellent job as the hero Perseus whom he portrays as a smoldering angry warrior forced into circumstances beyond his control as he comes to terms with who he is. The special effects of the movie are equally spectacular and top notch and as a lover of giant monsters this version of the behemoth Kraken of the deep is worth the price of admission. I just wish he would have had more screen time. As an epic action adventure movie the Clash of the Titans delivers 2 hours of enjoyable fun and exciting entertainment.
Midge115Apr 14, 2012
This movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story thatThis movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazing choreography, the CGI is astonishingly good, and Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson shine out as great actors in this film, although the Djinn Headman (the sorcerer guy in the desert) is the most creative and awesome looking character in the movie. Overall I give it a 9 because it's fun to watch and it has amazing action with amazing CGI for the monsters. Definite 9 for being advertised for what it is. Expand
BathmatJan 26, 2011
Ok, so my last review sucked. I don't usually review movies but I know what makes a good movie if I ever bothered to make one. I'd make sure the movie makes sense to a wide audience, I'd generally avoid 3D, I'd make sure the actors ar good,Ok, so my last review sucked. I don't usually review movies but I know what makes a good movie if I ever bothered to make one. I'd make sure the movie makes sense to a wide audience, I'd generally avoid 3D, I'd make sure the actors ar good, I'd make the movie plot innovative and original, I would make sure the movie isn't obviously greenscreened or have over the top special effects and I'd have to make everything perfect, even if it costs a lot of money. No "That'll do" will be allowed. This movie did sound kind of intresting, but it was a flop. It was none of those things above which make a good movie (well at least from my point of view). First the good points: (this won't take long) This movie will appeal to hardcore greek mythologist enthusiasts and if you've ever wondered what a turd that gives you seizures looks like, you're in luck. In a kind of good way. Now the bad points: The plot did not grab me one single bit, even at the start. I was thinking "Fail" in the first second of the film. The greenscreening looks like a homemade Star Wars film. The characters were boring. Unoriginal. Yes, you could even do originality with Greek mythology. The special effects were over the top with constant flashing and constantly suffling through scenes back and forth, kind of like a turd that gives you seizures. The battles and the choreography were not well done, not even acrobatics could save them from being boring. The acting is bad. Not in a Michael Jackson way, but the traditional "The Domondedovo Airport terrorist attack was bad way". And then there's the worst part: The ending. I could not catch the name of the mythical creature that destroyed the town. The main character defeated it in a strange way that was weird. Then Hades showed up, hoping for a spectacular finale. The main character finishes it in a boring way in seconds. Ok, after THAT long review, bottom line: Avoid it please. $100 Million US dollars shoved into a turd that gives you seizures. Expand
opixNov 19, 2010
Clash of the Titans : Clash of the writings, Clash of the actings, Clash of the actions, Clash of the 3D 's, Clash of the critics, Clash of the lovers, Clash of the haters. Clash of the reviews.
J-P-MMar 31, 2012
This movie may not of had the best story but the action sequences kicked ass!!! there were moments were you literally feel like jumping into the movie to punch the hell out of the monsters LMAO and just one thing is this movie totallyThis movie may not of had the best story but the action sequences kicked ass!!! there were moments were you literally feel like jumping into the movie to punch the hell out of the monsters LMAO and just one thing is this movie totally eclipses 90% of other movie climaxes THE KRAKEN!! Big Budget Blockbusters FTW!!! Expand
theshermanatorAug 15, 2010
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really wanted to like this film. I actually really thought it had potential from watching the original trailer but as Clash of the Titans is now, it's a completely average and underwhelming film. Which brings me to the Kraken. Throughout the film the ever present threat of the Kraken is supposed to build up anticipation of what this monstrous thing looks like and the power it must posses. Then at the end of the film they kill off the Kraken within five minutes! Seriously monsters throughout the movie were stronger than the wimp they made the Kraken out to be. Expand
FLOPAD180Sep 8, 2010
Ok, i screwed up and accidently wrote 10 on my last review. there is no romantice appeal to this movie and nothing ive never seen before. Overall this movie was dry. like a desert fire in my mouth. DRY
nomad4lifeOct 16, 2011
Just awful. Terrible acting, poor script and story. I like the Desmond Davis film so was looking forward to this but it failed on every level. Even actors you can normally rely upon struggle to lift this dire excuse for a film (Leeson,Just awful. Terrible acting, poor script and story. I like the Desmond Davis film so was looking forward to this but it failed on every level. Even actors you can normally rely upon struggle to lift this dire excuse for a film (Leeson, Postlethwaite, Fiennes). The only positive thing I can think of is that Gemma Arterton is stunning in this movie. I guess the effects are OK too but nothing special. Expand
MattCarterWADec 13, 2011
How dare they? I don't understand who allows these things into the theaters. Am I the only one that was tricked by the awesome trailer with the excellent music and exciting STABBING scorpions? Shame on me, right?

Sam Worthington was the

Sam Worthington was the champion for this movie. Coming off of Avatar, and from his (the only good) performance in Terminator: Salvation, I was ready to believe he was a rising star. But no, this was just a paycheck for him. For us, it was a series of poor edits, miscellaneous adventurous montages, sub-par set design, and the highest build-up for the least satisfying "Release the Kraken" line I have ever heard. Liam Neison, how could you?

The sole, sparkling moment in that 106 minute tale of darkness is when a strange, crystalline creature (...what?) explodes, predator style. Unfortunately, he explodes to no avail, but that is beside the point. It was hilarious. He removes himself from the generic tale the best way any of us could, the self destruct button. He alone sustains this movies 1 rating....How dare they?
Mr_MoviesAug 31, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If i were to sum this up in two words it would be this. NEEDS WORK. Even though the special effects are really good and the fight scenes even better the story is not very good. the story centers around the Greek demi-god Perseus (before he got his skull bashed in in god of war 2) who has been tasked to find a way to kill the Kraken before it wipes out an entire city of people who have rebelled against the gods. Perseus and most of the other characters are never developed very well most of them are just there to be killed and i barley caught their names. the story is pretty bare but ancient Greek story's have never been complex masterpieces so i will forgive that. Over all it is a 5/10 looks good but dose not play out as good. Expand
garzaJan 19, 2011
I agree on the script. The writers need to shoot themselves in the head. but the movie is AWESOME!!!! Also the actors are good in the movie too. But when hes fighting the guy whom kills the chick guide he jumps dramatically for no reason.
freeride1993Mar 26, 2012
terribly stupid badbadbadbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. nver seen such a stupid corny movie
AndreiB.Apr 2, 2010
I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I'm excited! Thank you. Expand
2 of 4 users found this helpful
JivanA.Apr 3, 2010
I seriously liked the movie, It was a good family film, and decent plot for something so preposterous. Highly enjoyable, but you should go into it knowing it's an action film.
2 of 3 users found this helpful
MarkGApr 4, 2010
Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this may be your type of movie. Just accept it as a fun movie that could have been better. I think that it was not worth the harsh reviews that some have given it. If you are looking for something deeper or full of more action then you may be a little disappointed. If you like "summer popcorn flicks" then rejoice because this is just the start of the season. Was somewhat different than the original but no one really wants a remake to be exactly the same. I would give this movie a 7.2 out of 10. Expand
WayneApr 10, 2010
Entertaining movie, with great action and special effects.
KeithC.Apr 1, 2010
My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend said, this movie was "better than midol". ABSOLUTELY a WASTE of time and money. I saw it for FREE and almost got up and walked out (in hindsight I should have). Cheesy story, fair acting, no eye candy, no real focused fighting scenes, and NO 3D. Don't WASTE your money or time. Expand
ChuckTApr 2, 2010
A good action film with good special effects. Yes if you see it in 3D you will be disappointed, but watching it normally its a great film, and much better then some films I've seen lately.
JosephKApr 22, 2010
I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and evil on the Greek pantheon. Hades wasn't evil, he was just gloomy. I feel like the script was written at the time of the original Clash of the Titans by a twelve year old kid who loved to play Dungeons & Dragons: I want giant scorpions! and jinn! flying monkeys, no flying gargoyles! Expand
AlistairV.Apr 3, 2010
"Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also "Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also being rather mean spirited. It seems to be championing atheism and/or humanism in such a dogmatic manner that it rather bludgeons you over the head with it. All the people who want to pray to the gods are seen as insane zealots and Perseus, who refuses to pray, himself, is seen as a stronger individual because of it. Also, I really didn't know who to sympathize with through the entire film. I know I was supposed to be rooting for Perseus, but I was very much sympathetic toward Hades's plight. I wasn't supposed to be, but I was. Rather like, G.I. Joe or Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I found myself rooting for the bad guys half the time, partially just because the good guys are so bloody irritating. Only, in "Clash," it's even worse, because, the only relatable characters on the "good" side are killed off before the final battle! And, this may be a cheap shot, but just about everyone except Perseus looks like some slightly less aged form of Mickey Rourke. This movie is not worth your time. Don't bother. Expand
DanOApr 4, 2010
What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique with smurf people get rave reviews over a movie that uses a recycled plot with CGI with mythological creatures? Your guess is as good as mine. Expand
DylanB.Apr 4, 2010
I don't care what anyone says, I loved it and that's all that matters to me. Awesome!
ArnoldRApr 4, 2010
Epicly disappointing! Two of the three major sequences (Three Witches & Medusa) were not improvements over the original. Pegasus is (basically) written out of the story. Only the Kracken sequence is what audiences expect, and it comes during Epicly disappointing! Two of the three major sequences (Three Witches & Medusa) were not improvements over the original. Pegasus is (basically) written out of the story. Only the Kracken sequence is what audiences expect, and it comes during the final ten minutes of the film. Skip the 3-D, which is boring and not worth the extra $. Expand
KeithGApr 4, 2010
Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, epic. Take it for what it's meant to be. A fun time, nice CGI effects, and a great nostalgic feel. I've seen it twice, in 2-D and 3-D. 3-D is a complete waste and a horrible conversion. 2-D actually made the film more entertaining. Expand
BobWApr 5, 2010
Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in there high or drunk and you will realise what im talking about. Only really two words to describe this movie: FREAKEN AMAZING!!! Expand
SausageApr 5, 2010
Jake sully tackles the gods in his next voyage after Navi...Oh...wait...?? I think Ive witnessed better acting from a plank!!!
PaulByApr 5, 2010
Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but it looked like he was acting the same part (aussie action guy!), didnt even bother wearing a wig! - you could have started the movie with him time traveling from the future into ancient greece, thats how out of place he seemed throughout the movie. The same goes for his felmale sidekick, who is superfluous, and appears to be in their as eye candy/ love interest. You could have removed both characters, and the movie would have been better - the supporting warriors put in a much more convincing show than any of the lead characters. It's so badly edited, the movie jumps all over the place, half the time it doesnt explain enogh, other times the characters explain too much..... yes Perseus is the son of a god, we get it ...stop saying the word demigod every five minuites... aargh! For the first time in a long time i was looking at my watch in the cinema, and wanting the movie to hurry up. If i had to use one word to describe it it is BORING... other reviewers have said this and i couldnt undersatand how this movie could be, ... but please believe me it actually is. Even the great CGI, and awesome Kraken in the endscene couldnt save this absolutre stinker of a movie. Expand
MZApr 5, 2010
I'll vote this for worst story of 2010. Sucked from the beginning till the end. Bad costumes, storyline and action scene.
ScottHApr 9, 2010
Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Medusa's death is 90% wrong. Not to mention Medusa is supposed to be ugly as shit, not kinda hot like she is in the movie. The climax is a guy walking up stairs. I was going into this movie because it looked like it was going to be good. I could not have been more disappointed. Expand
thenitabomberApr 9, 2010
If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it an entertaining movie. save a couple of bucks on the 3d and just go see the 2d. nothing will ever beat harryhausen so there is no comparison to the original. Expand
DickS.Apr 1, 2010
Epic story, over condensed, with too much focus on action that quite frankly sucked. This movie was terrible. I expected it to be less than good going in, and was still very disappointed. The 3D was nothing special either.
Z.P.Apr 1, 2010
great movie, simply awsome, with spectacular special effects and story. Recomended
SamS.Apr 2, 2010
How does Metacritic work??? Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 stars (shows how good a critic he is...) and somehow metacritic turned this into a score of 73. Whoever is doing the math for you guys should be fired. I flunked my maths exam at How does Metacritic work??? Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 stars (shows how good a critic he is...) and somehow metacritic turned this into a score of 73. Whoever is doing the math for you guys should be fired. I flunked my maths exam at college and even I can work this one out!!!!! Expand
MikhailRApr 2, 2010
Excellent source material, but it still didn't deliver. The only reason I saw this was to see Liam Neeson be his awesome self, yet he was barely in the movie. In the end it inspired me to hurry up and beat God of War 2 so I can play God Excellent source material, but it still didn't deliver. The only reason I saw this was to see Liam Neeson be his awesome self, yet he was barely in the movie. In the end it inspired me to hurry up and beat God of War 2 so I can play God of War 3. On a side note I would have much perfered 1hr55min of Liam Neeson breathing and repeating "Release the Krackin". Expand