Clash of the Titans

4.9

1. Feb 14, 2011
    If you like action movies or movies about Greek mythology than this is a movie you will highly enjoy, an ultimately enjoyable movie with likable characters and a great story, some stale moments and one or two plot holes are the only things holding it back, a great movie from beginning to end.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    The trailer of this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen (scene after scene of fighting without actually revealing anything of the movie itself other than it seems to have a lot of characters - and a lot of fighting); I was really hoping the movie would be better, and it was.

There was a good plot going on, although the events kept jumping forward at a fast pace. They certainly didn't make the characters stay in one place for too long. Thanks to that, the movie seemed really short.

I think the cast was pretty good, as were the characters, although there was very little time to learn to know them. None of them was outrageously good, or bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen and various other actors play their part.

There was some depth in this movie, and it wasn't all about the fighting either. It was sad to see such good potential go to waste when the plot thinned and thinned into something rather disappointing. Especially the few confusing, pointless (romantic?) scenes ruined the ending. I hate it when they try to put something between two characters who clearly have nothing to do with each other.

I am not too familiar with the myths and legends of the ancient world, but this illustrated those very nicely, loyal to "reality" or not.

And I must say, the movie looked really good. Where the plot was too fast-paced and hurried, the amazing scenery, animals and such were superb. Especially loved Hades' power and the pegasos.

Go see this movie if you're even somewhat interested, because it is better than the trailer tells you. Even if it is missing a little substance here and there, the movie is good, no denying it.
  3. Oct 6, 2010
    While the 3D was poorly done, I still thought the movie was decent, and that means a lot coming from someone who's not a big fan of movies based on Greek mythology.
  4. May 20, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie. Hades was awesome, and so was much of the rest, especially Medusa. The CGI was incredible. There was not a boring second in the entire movie. Simply fantastic.
  5. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: GiantThiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: Giant Scorpions Battle, Medusa Hunt and Furious Kraken scene. The special effects worked well. But in the close-up fight scenes, the camera did not focus and too fast, we did not really see what was really going on. The dialogues were a little bit lame and lack of interlude jokes. However, I like The Gods Gathering on Olympus as describe on thiz film. It is better and way beyond of what we saw earlier thiz year on PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS which also based on Greek mythology. My school teacher used to say, Sometimes what we saw in movie-trailer is what we saw in entire movie. It really happened on thiz movie. Worthington was not on his best, compare to his latest performances in TERMINATOR SALVATION (2009) and ground-breaking AVATAR (2009). There is emptiness during his appearance on thiz movie. Anyhow, I think we will see many of upcoming Worthington appearances. Thiz man could be new Schwarzenegger. It looks like we got a new Titan in Hollywood.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  6. Jan 9, 2011
    People crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, myPeople crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, my expectations may have been low, but after watching Louis Letterier's directorial follow-up to a superb reboot of The Incredible Hulk, I am convinced people are absolutely crazy. This movie was fantastic! I read that it was cheesy. Yes, it had some cheesy elements to it, but have you seen the original? It DEFINES cheese! I read that the Kraken was disappointing because it was too octopus-like. Uhm...do you KNOW what a Kraken is? It is based on a GIANT SQUID. If anything, the original movie's Kraken was wrong! Louis Letterier did as good of a job remaking this classic than anyone could have done. He didn't insult it and wasn't so serious to make the original look cheesier than it already is. It was absolutely fantastic. The action, the CGI, even the elements of the story they changed. Yes, the acting was very bad in parts, but knowing the bad acting and effects from the original, can one really be THAT critical of this one? No, Gone With the Wind it was not, but it wasn't meant to be either. I question who could have expected more. Expand
  7. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting is all right. Notbamazing, but still good. Score is great. Adds to the epic sequences they happen. Also, it has unbeleiveable great epic set pieces. They're really good. Visual effects ate great, and the story is good. Overall, this is a good movie. It may not be amazing but still, it's a great movie.
  8. Aug 11, 2010
    The original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from theThe original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from the brink of destruction by the hands of the Kraken. With a small group of brave soldiers Perseus seeks to take on some of the most foul and feared creatures in Greek mythology and save Argos from there fate. While at sometimes, you may feel this film is a little too underwhelming and heavy-handed Louis Leterrierâ Expand
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    Clash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly actedClash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly acted and scripted, this doesn't stop the film from being enjoyable, far from that, but all you see is awesome action, special effects, and filming, everything else is dumb and fairly poorly done. If it was less fast-paced, had actually good acting, a main character that's not too generic, and a well written script, I'd be giving it a 9/10, but no, it's too in your face with constant action and cheese, so I give it... 6.7/10 (rounded up to 7). Expand
  10. Dec 28, 2014
    I thought it was decent. The CGI didn't look that great at times though (the giant scorpions). I'd say it's slightly more enjoyable than the Percy Jackson series, and IMO way better than the similar Hercules movie with The Rock.
  11. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie rocks!! It's far from perfect, with bad writing and acting, but its still awesome!! It's full of nonstop action, adventure, CGI effects, and fantasy. A great tribute to the films of Ray Harrihaussen. The critics and the haters don't understand that its just a big, dumb, epic action spectacular!!
  12. Jun 13, 2013
    Adventure, pure adventure, regardless of complaints about story, acting, etc. The effects were ok. Maybe the mythology was used superficial, but, anyway, why should we be so serious about mythology in this century?! It's just a spring for new art, that's it. Get over it!
  13. Dec 19, 2010
    clash of the titans has a simple script. gods and humans are fighting against each other. humans are taking revenge against gods. but the thing is that , a demi god is there perseus .... who fights for humans
    the ultimate clash is missing here. so execution is failed. direction and screenplay is very good. dialogs are strong enough in 2nd half. narration is well told in the beginning and 1st half. camera angling is perfect during the final battle . casting is good by 3-4 persons . rest did not get their job done well. background score is average. the kraken sequence has worthy background score. editing is fast in the climax battle. things go very quickly. cinematography is perfect. it captures the mountains ,.,, volcanic steeps the forts of the zeus and haydes. production values are awesome. but looks too much expensive
    entertainment value is good in 2nd half. during the 1st half ,, only scorpio attack is entertaining. final verdict: the movie is a decent entertainer. in 2D avoid 3D.
  14. Sep 16, 2014
    Um bom filme. Ele tem todo um brilho que reflete a sua obra original,o Destino de Perseu. Só acho que o filme se perde em algumas partes,mas não atrapalha em muita coisa.
  15. Mar 25, 2011
    THIS MOVIE TOPS THE F*****G LIST-IT BYPASSES THE LAME ORIGINAL BY A LONG SHOT. I SAW IT 2 TIMES BECAUSE I LOVED IT SO MUCH. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST 2010 MOVIES
  16. Sep 17, 2010
    The biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witchThe biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witch to me is all I need. Sure, it has got bad acting, and is a little cheesy but it is still a good film. Not great but also not bad movie. Solid Expand
  17. Aug 8, 2013
    I personally liked this movie, the action was good and the casting choices also worked. The plot was a bit weak as well as the dialogue but still a pretty good movie
  18. Jun 13, 2013
    Comparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as heComparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as he wrestles with his identity while battling fierce giant scorpions, the three witches, the Gorgon, Medusa, and the condemned Calibos culminating in a final showdown with the giant and terrifying Kraken, mythic sea creature set loose by the gods to destroy the city of Argos and the beautiful Andromeda who is being sacrificed to assuage the wrath of the gods. The motive for this epic quest is that the humans have rebelled against the gods and after killing Perseus' earthly family Hades has used the human rebellion as a means to defeat his brother Zeus to become King of the gods but he must also contend with a vengeful Perseus.

Liam Neeson was an excellent choice as Zeus with his booming voice and commanding presence and Ralph Fiennes does a spectacular job as the deliciously evil Hades, king of the Underworld. Sam Worthington also does an excellent job as the hero Perseus whom he portrays as a smoldering angry warrior forced into circumstances beyond his control as he comes to terms with who he is. The special effects of the movie are equally spectacular and top notch and as a lover of giant monsters this version of the behemoth Kraken of the deep is worth the price of admission. I just wish he would have had more screen time. As an epic action adventure movie the Clash of the Titans delivers 2 hours of enjoyable fun and exciting entertainment.
  19. Apr 14, 2012
    This movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazingThis movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazing choreography, the CGI is astonishingly good, and Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson shine out as great actors in this film, although the Djinn Headman (the sorcerer guy in the desert) is the most creative and awesome looking character in the movie. Overall I give it a 9 because it's fun to watch and it has amazing action with amazing CGI for the monsters. Definite 9 for being advertised for what it is. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie may not of had the best story but the action sequences kicked ass!!! there were moments were you literally feel like jumping into the movie to punch the hell out of the monsters LMAO and just one thing is this movie totally eclipses 90% of other movie climaxes THE KRAKEN!! Big Budget Blockbusters FTW!!!
  21. Jan 19, 2011
    I agree on the script. The writers need to shoot themselves in the head. but the movie is AWESOME!!!! Also the actors are good in the movie too. But when hes fighting the guy whom kills the chick guide he jumps dramatically for no reason.
  22. AndreiB.
    Apr 2, 2010
    I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I'm excited! Thank you.
  23. JivanA.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I seriously liked the movie, It was a good family film, and decent plot for something so preposterous. Highly enjoyable, but you should go into it knowing it's an action film.
  24. MarkG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this may be your type of movie. Just accept it as a fun movie that could have been better. I think that it was not worth the harsh reviews that some have given it. If you are looking for something deeper or full of more action then you may be a little disappointed. If you like "summer popcorn flicks" then rejoice because this is just the start of the season. Was somewhat different than the original but no one really wants a remake to be exactly the same. I would give this movie a 7.2 out of 10. Expand
  25. Wayne
    Apr 10, 2010
    Entertaining movie, with great action and special effects.
  26. ChuckT
    Apr 2, 2010
    A good action film with good special effects. Yes if you see it in 3D you will be disappointed, but watching it normally its a great film, and much better then some films I've seen lately.
  27. DanO
    Apr 4, 2010
    What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique with smurf people get rave reviews over a movie that uses a recycled plot with CGI with mythological creatures? Your guess is as good as mine.
  28. DylanB.
    Apr 4, 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I loved it and that's all that matters to me. Awesome!
  29. KeithG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, epic. Take it for what it's meant to be. A fun time, nice CGI effects, and a great nostalgic feel. I've seen it twice, in 2-D and 3-D. 3-D is a complete waste and a horrible conversion. 2-D actually made the film more entertaining. Expand
  30. BobW
    Apr 5, 2010
    Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in there high or drunk and you will realise what im talking about. Only really two words to describe this movie: FREAKEN AMAZING!!! Collapse
  31. thenitabomber
    Apr 9, 2010
    If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it an entertaining movie. save a couple of bucks on the 3d and just go see the 2d. nothing will ever beat harryhausen so there is no comparison to the original.
  32. Z.P.
    Apr 1, 2010
    great movie, simply awsome, with spectacular special effects and story. Recomended
  33. AaronL
    Apr 2, 2010
    People really need to see this movie for what it was, a popcorn movie like 300. Everyone seemed to need a smoke after that one and it was almost the same deal. It was a good action movie with pretty good acting even though the ending was a little quick and the movie was shorter than expected. I do recommend it to people.
  34. C.R.L
    Apr 23, 2010
    While it is not as good as it could have been or should have been "Clash of the titans" is no more and no less fun. It's a good way to kill almost two hours if you want to.
  35. CharlieC
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you're a fan of Greek mythos than this movie is for you. Yes it is a bit cheesy (the original takes the cake on thatcthough) and it is very driven by it's big names. My favorite was ralph fiennes who was an amazing hades. Great CGI though, it's getting much more easy to swallow as it looks more and more realistic. Medusa and the kraken rocked. Check it out you might like it.
  36. JasenH.
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was a fan of the original film. I enjoyed the plot and fx in this iteration. Went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
  37. PatrickP
    Apr 3, 2010
    This movie is the ultimate popcorn flick, full of action and light on talk. If you come here expecting lots of action, you'll get it in spades. If you are expecting a masterpiece, expect to be disappointed.
  38. DallasT.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like blurry screw-ups at times. Expand
  39. PineappleMummy
    Apr 3, 2010
    Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this movie is a good and enjoyable one. Perhaps the only thing that keeps bothering me is Sam's thin haired head - that was so distinct compared to other "hairy" characters - that he had during T4 and Avatar (and now, in CotT). Expand
  40. ChrisR.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene feels larger then life. My only complaint, why did they make the gods where the most cheesy ridiculous shiny sparkly outfits, they look completely stupid! Oh, and one of the characters is made out of twigs and communicates in grunts... kinda weird. But overall I enjoyed it, and if you scratch below the surface you'll find there's a surprising amount of depth to it as well! Expand
  41. MatP
    Apr 4, 2010
    The trailer set my expectations, and the feature met them. Entertaining popcorn action. Just needed more distorted guitars, and less clothes on Arterton.
  42. BlairN
    Apr 4, 2010
    Wonderful retelling of a classic 80s flick. The cast all do a phenomenal job. The environments are clever and diverse, and the action sequences are paced wonderfully. Bonus points for having Liam Neeson as Zeus. If anyone has even the smallest interest in Greek Mythology, God of War, or basically Fantasy Fiction in general, then you will not go wrong with Clash of the Titans!
  43. CalRed
    Apr 5, 2010
    It was ok. We went into this movie with very low expectations. I think if you can look at it from an "over the top" perspective of Greek Mythology you will have fun.
  44. fotiosG
    Apr 9, 2010
    It ok but where's bubo the owl? I had higher expectations for this movie, but that what Hollywood is producing for the masses. The movie felt rushed and the actors could have done a better job it seemed as if they all just did've care enough to make it a great movie. Also the story needed to be reedited and could of benefited from addition material.
  45. DomoR
    Apr 11, 2010
    Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun unlike that horrid Avatar that everyone swallowed hook, line and stinker! Expand
  46. GeorgeN
    Apr 11, 2010
    Just the right amount of mythology and action. I was entertained considering what the reviews stated I was pleasantly surprised.
  47. BobR
    Apr 11, 2010
    People take things too seriously for One Herclues messed with Greek Mytholgy this was more on the right pages of greek mytholgy. Two if you read the reviews your going to hate it because they are over crtical of the movie just go see it with out expecting much its a remake of a classic and everything is there too enjoy. Its a Summer block buster all Fighting story line is ok and Acting People take things too seriously for One Herclues messed with Greek Mytholgy this was more on the right pages of greek mytholgy. Two if you read the reviews your going to hate it because they are over crtical of the movie just go see it with out expecting much its a remake of a classic and everything is there too enjoy. Its a Summer block buster all Fighting story line is ok and Acting from liam nesson was excellent. Expand
  48. JameyG
    Apr 12, 2010
    I thought that this movie was awesome when i saw the preview i knew right then and there that i had to see it. All of the action and movements were great. I thought it was so good that I saw it twice in the same week. I saw it in 2D the first time and in 3D the second time. But let me say this if you want to see it in 3D, don't bother its a waste of money. But some of you losers that I thought that this movie was awesome when i saw the preview i knew right then and there that i had to see it. All of the action and movements were great. I thought it was so good that I saw it twice in the same week. I saw it in 2D the first time and in 3D the second time. But let me say this if you want to see it in 3D, don't bother its a waste of money. But some of you losers that say it suck have no taste in movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also thought that Sam Worthington was good in this movie like he was in avatar and in Terminater Salvation. He's got my vote for actor of the year! Expand
  49. N.Lucky
    Apr 13, 2010
    Despite some corny lines, next to nothing in the character development department, and a blatant rape on Greek Mythology, I quite enjoyed this film. It had a lot of great moments, and though the acting was pretty average, Gemma Arterton proved to be a very nice addition as Io, and Ralph Fiennes was very slinky as Hades. Liam Neeson was good, but didn't really jump out of the box for Despite some corny lines, next to nothing in the character development department, and a blatant rape on Greek Mythology, I quite enjoyed this film. It had a lot of great moments, and though the acting was pretty average, Gemma Arterton proved to be a very nice addition as Io, and Ralph Fiennes was very slinky as Hades. Liam Neeson was good, but didn't really jump out of the box for me. All in all, a very enjoyable film, especially when Medusa loses her head. Expand
  50. timothyvanhorenbeeck
    Apr 13, 2010
    This movie doesn't have a brilliant story or dialogues, it's not gonna win oscars or other prices, but people re not going to this movie for the story or the dialogues, people go to this movie for awesome effects, just like transformers.
  51. NickH
    Apr 17, 2010
    Movie was actually pretty good. Actually maybe better than i expected. I wanted to see this movie because the God of war games. Creek mythology has been always interesting.
  52. ThomasS.
    Apr 2, 2010
    This movie is pure fun. It's not a great film, it's got its fair share of issues, but as a popcorn flick it delivers. I personally think the original 1981 "Clash" is overrated (I love all the other Harryhausen films, but Hamlin is lame and boring, the story is convoluted, and while the effects have their moments that shine, overall they bog the movie down). As a remake, I find This movie is pure fun. It's not a great film, it's got its fair share of issues, but as a popcorn flick it delivers. I personally think the original 1981 "Clash" is overrated (I love all the other Harryhausen films, but Hamlin is lame and boring, the story is convoluted, and while the effects have their moments that shine, overall they bog the movie down). As a remake, I find this one, while imperfect, to be superior if for only being enjoyable . This is the kind of movie I'd throw in when I want to watch something that offers a little more than 1999's "The Mummy," but not as heavy-handed on the drama as "Gladiator." Expand
  53. CaseyF.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Epic movie, I'm going to see it again tomorrow. It's a simple plot that doesn't get too full of itself, full of awesome characters and intense action that kept me excited throughout, and I don't see how the critics didn't enjoy the film. It's a remake, so it isn't gonna be perfect, but where remakes are concerned Clash of the Titans is one of the best.
  54. JeffH
    Apr 9, 2010
    The point of this movie isn't the acting, the thin story or the terse dialogue. The reason I went to see this movie and had fun was that it was a decent popcorn movie, or a "ride" as they say. It was all about how cool it the next action sequence going to be. Instead of getting ridiculous and falling apart on the third act, like say Transformers or any superhero movie, this one just The point of this movie isn't the acting, the thin story or the terse dialogue. The reason I went to see this movie and had fun was that it was a decent popcorn movie, or a "ride" as they say. It was all about how cool it the next action sequence going to be. Instead of getting ridiculous and falling apart on the third act, like say Transformers or any superhero movie, this one just starts out ridiculous and stays the course. It was fun. Expand
  55. GabbyG.
    May 3, 2010
    The original was better in the cheesy way and they did have the correct mythology. The new one lacked the heroes journey concept. although the cameo of BoBo was appreciated bby fans of the original. animation was a little crappy too.
  56. ScottJ
    Apr 12, 2010
    Not bad action movie with decent special effects. I wish they would have developed the plot more and characters. Hades and Zeus were good but they could have done better job with Perseus role. Personally, I liked the 1981 original film that I saw 20+ years ago as it had better plot and characters acting .
  57. RickA
    Apr 13, 2010
    I so do like these kinds of movies. I do not think that it was as bad as made out to be. Acting B+, story B-, special effects A-. Worth the money but would probably would not see it twice, but would own it on video.
  58. AV
    Apr 14, 2010
    Very unoriginal but still enjoyable.
  59. KevinG
    Apr 25, 2010
    Well i read some of the critics say this movie was junk. But my friend said it was awesome,so i went and saw it. I thought it was very entertaining and exciting.The monsters and bad guys were done very well. Good story etc.Fighting scenes were very good. Alot of action. I'm the first one to say if a movie is junk and they're alot of bad movies out there. Maybe because it Well i read some of the critics say this movie was junk. But my friend said it was awesome,so i went and saw it. I thought it was very entertaining and exciting.The monsters and bad guys were done very well. Good story etc.Fighting scenes were very good. Alot of action. I'm the first one to say if a movie is junk and they're alot of bad movies out there. Maybe because it didn't have a gay charactor in the movie that some people didn't like it. I just don't know why some people thought this movie was bad. But also some people loved dream girls which was horrid. Expand
  60. TravisC.
    Apr 29, 2010
    I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I know liked it so I finally conceded to go and I'm glad I did. The original did horribly with the critics too. It was actually only appreciated when it came to TV many years later. Looks like history is repeating itself. Expand

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.