Clash of the Titans

4.9

1. AndreiB.
    Apr 2, 2010
    I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I'm excited! Thank you.
  2. JivanA.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I seriously liked the movie, It was a good family film, and decent plot for something so preposterous. Highly enjoyable, but you should go into it knowing it's an action film.
  3. MarkG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this may be your type of movie. Just accept it as a fun movie that could have been better. I think that it was not worth the harsh reviews that some have given it. If you are looking for something deeper or full of more action then you may be a little disappointed. If you like "summer popcorn flicks" then rejoice because this is just the start of the season. Was somewhat different than the original but no one really wants a remake to be exactly the same. I would give this movie a 7.2 out of 10. Expand
  4. Wayne
    Apr 10, 2010
    Entertaining movie, with great action and special effects.
  5. KeithC.
    Apr 1, 2010
    My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend said, this movie was "better than midol". ABSOLUTELY a WASTE of time and money. I saw it for FREE and almost got up and walked out (in hindsight I should My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend said, this movie was "better than midol". ABSOLUTELY a WASTE of time and money. I saw it for FREE and almost got up and walked out (in hindsight I should have). Cheesy story, fair acting, no eye candy, no real focused fighting scenes, and NO 3D. Don't WASTE your money or time. Expand
  6. ChuckT
    Apr 2, 2010
    A good action film with good special effects. Yes if you see it in 3D you will be disappointed, but watching it normally its a great film, and much better then some films I've seen lately.
  7. JosephK
    Apr 22, 2010
    I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and evil on the Greek pantheon. Hades wasn't evil, he was just gloomy. I feel like the script was written at the time of the original Clash of the I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and evil on the Greek pantheon. Hades wasn't evil, he was just gloomy. I feel like the script was written at the time of the original Clash of the Titans by a twelve year old kid who loved to play Dungeons & Dragons: I want giant scorpions! and jinn! flying monkeys, no flying gargoyles! Expand
  8. AlistairV.
    Apr 3, 2010
    "Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also being rather mean spirited. It seems to be championing atheism and/or humanism in such a dogmatic manner that it rather bludgeons you over the head "Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also being rather mean spirited. It seems to be championing atheism and/or humanism in such a dogmatic manner that it rather bludgeons you over the head with it. All the people who want to pray to the gods are seen as insane zealots and Perseus, who refuses to pray, himself, is seen as a stronger individual because of it. Also, I really didn't know who to sympathize with through the entire film. I know I was supposed to be rooting for Perseus, but I was very much sympathetic toward Hades's plight. I wasn't supposed to be, but I was. Rather like, G.I. Joe or Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I found myself rooting for the bad guys half the time, partially just because the good guys are so bloody irritating. Only, in "Clash," it's even worse, because, the only relatable characters on the "good" side are killed off before the final battle! And, this may be a cheap shot, but just about everyone except Perseus looks like some slightly less aged form of Mickey Rourke. This movie is not worth your time. Don't bother. Expand
  9. DanO
    Apr 4, 2010
    What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique with smurf people get rave reviews over a movie that uses a recycled plot with CGI with mythological creatures? Your guess is as good as mine.
  10. DylanB.
    Apr 4, 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I loved it and that's all that matters to me. Awesome!
  11. ArnoldR
    Apr 4, 2010
    Epicly disappointing! Two of the three major sequences (Three Witches & Medusa) were not improvements over the original. Pegasus is (basically) written out of the story. Only the Kracken sequence is what audiences expect, and it comes during the final ten minutes of the film. Skip the 3-D, which is boring and not worth the extra $.
  12. KeithG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, epic. Take it for what it's meant to be. A fun time, nice CGI effects, and a great nostalgic feel. I've seen it twice, in 2-D and 3-D. 3-D is a complete waste and a horrible conversion. 2-D actually made the film more entertaining. Expand
  13. BobW
    Apr 5, 2010
    Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in there high or drunk and you will realise what im talking about. Only really two words to describe this movie: FREAKEN AMAZING!!! Expand
  14. Sausage
    Apr 5, 2010
    Jake sully tackles the gods in his next voyage after Navi...Oh...wait...?? I think Ive witnessed better acting from a plank!!!
  15. PaulBy
    Apr 5, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but it looked like he was acting the same part (aussie action guy!), didnt even bother wearing a wig! - you could have started the movie with him time Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but it looked like he was acting the same part (aussie action guy!), didnt even bother wearing a wig! - you could have started the movie with him time traveling from the future into ancient greece, thats how out of place he seemed throughout the movie. The same goes for his felmale sidekick, who is superfluous, and appears to be in their as eye candy/ love interest. You could have removed both characters, and the movie would have been better - the supporting warriors put in a much more convincing show than any of the lead characters. It's so badly edited, the movie jumps all over the place, half the time it doesnt explain enogh, other times the characters explain too much..... yes Perseus is the son of a god, we get it ...stop saying the word demigod every five minuites... aargh! For the first time in a long time i was looking at my watch in the cinema, and wanting the movie to hurry up. If i had to use one word to describe it it is BORING... other reviewers have said this and i couldnt undersatand how this movie could be, ... but please believe me it actually is. Even the great CGI, and awesome Kraken in the endscene couldnt save this absolutre stinker of a movie. Expand
  16. MZ
    Apr 5, 2010
    I'll vote this for worst story of 2010. Sucked from the beginning till the end. Bad costumes, storyline and action scene.
  17. ScottH
    Apr 9, 2010
    Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Medusa's death is 90% wrong. Not to mention Medusa is supposed to be ugly as shit, not kinda hot like she is in the movie. The climax is a guy Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Medusa's death is 90% wrong. Not to mention Medusa is supposed to be ugly as shit, not kinda hot like she is in the movie. The climax is a guy walking up stairs. I was going into this movie because it looked like it was going to be good. I could not have been more disappointed. Expand
  18. thenitabomber
    Apr 9, 2010
    If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it an entertaining movie. save a couple of bucks on the 3d and just go see the 2d. nothing will ever beat harryhausen so there is no comparison to the original.
  19. DickS.
    Apr 1, 2010
    Epic story, over condensed, with too much focus on action that quite frankly sucked. This movie was terrible. I expected it to be less than good going in, and was still very disappointed. The 3D was nothing special either.
  20. Z.P.
    Apr 1, 2010
    great movie, simply awsome, with spectacular special effects and story. Recomended
  21. SamS.
    Apr 2, 2010
    How does Metacritic work??? Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 stars (shows how good a critic he is...) and somehow metacritic turned this into a score of 73. Whoever is doing the math for you guys should be fired. I flunked my maths exam at college and even I can work this one out!!!!!
  22. MikhailR
    Apr 2, 2010
    Excellent source material, but it still didn't deliver. The only reason I saw this was to see Liam Neeson be his awesome self, yet he was barely in the movie. In the end it inspired me to hurry up and beat God of War 2 so I can play God of War 3. On a side note I would have much perfered 1hr55min of Liam Neeson breathing and repeating "Release the Krackin".
  23. AaronL
    Apr 2, 2010
    People really need to see this movie for what it was, a popcorn movie like 300. Everyone seemed to need a smoke after that one and it was almost the same deal. It was a good action movie with pretty good acting even though the ending was a little quick and the movie was shorter than expected. I do recommend it to people.
  24. C.R.L
    Apr 23, 2010
    While it is not as good as it could have been or should have been "Clash of the titans" is no more and no less fun. It's a good way to kill almost two hours if you want to.
  25. RadostinR
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hello. I apologize for my bad English but I decided to write to you. You can not deny that deal well with the effects in movies, but I can not agree with the fact that falsify history and mythology. You Americans let distort human values and history. Read the legend of Perseus. Why did you make this stupid movie.Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not Hello. I apologize for my bad English but I decided to write to you. You can not deny that deal well with the effects in movies, but I can not agree with the fact that falsify history and mythology. You Americans let distort human values and history. Read the legend of Perseus. Why did you make this stupid movie.Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not true. Why? Thoughts that you can replace the facts. All films on historical themes and mythology are skewed. These are the 300 and Clash of the Titans and the legend of the Golden Fleece, for Odysseus, the Trojan War and the Roman Empire. All movies that you Americans have created fake facts. Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not true. Why? Thoughts that you can replace the facts. All films on historical themes and mythology are skewed. These are the 300 and Clash of the Titans and the legend of the Golden Fleece, for Odysseus, the Trojan War to the Roman Empire of Alexander and Macedonians. All movies that you Americans have created fake facts. This nonsense that you distribute. For what do you think. How long? Can you write more but will stop. Please do something real. Do not you see that your children learn so wrong. Expand
  26. jasong.
    Apr 2, 2010
    Avoid this movie ive only given it 1 because of the special effects which you've already seen on the trailer wooden acting boring terrible story the 80s version wasn't perfect but it has at least a bit of charm and made for a minuscule amount.oh year if you are dumb enough to watch this movie like me don't go to a 3d showing why?because it isent in so called digital 3d this Avoid this movie ive only given it 1 because of the special effects which you've already seen on the trailer wooden acting boring terrible story the 80s version wasn't perfect but it has at least a bit of charm and made for a minuscule amount.oh year if you are dumb enough to watch this movie like me don't go to a 3d showing why?because it isent in so called digital 3d this was obviously not filmed with 3d in mind and they just tacked it on so they could make extra money poor movie not really in 3d rip off. Expand
  27. JadaD.
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you enjoy an action movie with no plot that makes absolutely no sense, go see this movie. I can't recall the last time I paid to see a film this bad, normally waiting until they come out on DVD. Even with low expectations, I was upset at the quality of the story.
  28. CharlieC
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you're a fan of Greek mythos than this movie is for you. Yes it is a bit cheesy (the original takes the cake on thatcthough) and it is very driven by it's big names. My favorite was ralph fiennes who was an amazing hades. Great CGI though, it's getting much more easy to swallow as it looks more and more realistic. Medusa and the kraken rocked. Check it out you might like it.
  29. KyleB
    Apr 3, 2010
    Even though this movie has epic visual effects the story is choppy and the dialogue is very 1 dimensional. Sam Worthington is a terrific actor but unfortunately he isn't given much room to showcase his abilities. This movie was a huge disappointment. Don't waste your money folks... you'll kick yourself after wards.
  30. JasenH.
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was a fan of the original film. I enjoyed the plot and fx in this iteration. Went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.