4.9

1. Z.P.
    Apr 1, 2010
    great movie, simply awsome, with spectacular special effects and story. Recomended
  2. BlairN
    Apr 4, 2010
    Wonderful retelling of a classic 80s flick. The cast all do a phenomenal job. The environments are clever and diverse, and the action sequences are paced wonderfully. Bonus points for having Liam Neeson as Zeus. If anyone has even the smallest interest in Greek Mythology, God of War, or basically Fantasy Fiction in general, then you will not go wrong with Clash of the Titans!
  3. JameyG
    Apr 12, 2010
    I thought that this movie was awesome when i saw the preview i knew right then and there that i had to see it. All of the action and movements were great. I thought it was so good that I saw it twice in the same week. I saw it in 2D the first time and in 3D the second time. But let me say this if you want to see it in 3D, don't bother its a waste of money. But some of you losers that I thought that this movie was awesome when i saw the preview i knew right then and there that i had to see it. All of the action and movements were great. I thought it was so good that I saw it twice in the same week. I saw it in 2D the first time and in 3D the second time. But let me say this if you want to see it in 3D, don't bother its a waste of money. But some of you losers that say it suck have no taste in movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also thought that Sam Worthington was good in this movie like he was in avatar and in Terminater Salvation. He's got my vote for actor of the year! Collapse
  4. CaseyF.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Epic movie, I'm going to see it again tomorrow. It's a simple plot that doesn't get too full of itself, full of awesome characters and intense action that kept me excited throughout, and I don't see how the critics didn't enjoy the film. It's a remake, so it isn't gonna be perfect, but where remakes are concerned Clash of the Titans is one of the best.
  5. TravisC.
    Apr 29, 2010
    I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I know liked it so I finally conceded to go and I'm glad I did. The original did horribly with the critics too. It was actually only appreciated when it came to TV many years later. Looks like history is repeating itself. Expand
  6. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie rocks!! It's far from perfect, with bad writing and acting, but its still awesome!! It's full of nonstop action, adventure, CGI effects, and fantasy. A great tribute to the films of Ray Harrihaussen. The critics and the haters don't understand that its just a big, dumb, epic action spectacular!!
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    THIS MOVIE TOPS THE F*****G LIST-IT BYPASSES THE LAME ORIGINAL BY A LONG SHOT. I SAW IT 2 TIMES BECAUSE I LOVED IT SO MUCH. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST 2010 MOVIES
  8. May 20, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie. Hades was awesome, and so was much of the rest, especially Medusa. The CGI was incredible. There was not a boring second in the entire movie. Simply fantastic.
  9. Jan 19, 2011
    I agree on the script. The writers need to shoot themselves in the head. but the movie is AWESOME!!!! Also the actors are good in the movie too. But when hes fighting the guy whom kills the chick guide he jumps dramatically for no reason.
  10. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie may not of had the best story but the action sequences kicked ass!!! there were moments were you literally feel like jumping into the movie to punch the hell out of the monsters LMAO and just one thing is this movie totally eclipses 90% of other movie climaxes THE KRAKEN!! Big Budget Blockbusters FTW!!!
  11. JivanA.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I seriously liked the movie, It was a good family film, and decent plot for something so preposterous. Highly enjoyable, but you should go into it knowing it's an action film.
  12. ChuckT
    Apr 2, 2010
    A good action film with good special effects. Yes if you see it in 3D you will be disappointed, but watching it normally its a great film, and much better then some films I've seen lately.
  13. DylanB.
    Apr 4, 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I loved it and that's all that matters to me. Awesome!
  14. KeithG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, epic. Take it for what it's meant to be. A fun time, nice CGI effects, and a great nostalgic feel. I've seen it twice, in 2-D and 3-D. 3-D is a complete waste and a horrible conversion. 2-D actually made the film more entertaining. Expand
  15. BobW
    Apr 5, 2010
    Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in there high or drunk and you will realise what im talking about. Only really two words to describe this movie: FREAKEN AMAZING!!! Expand
  16. DomoR
    Apr 11, 2010
    Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun unlike that horrid Avatar that everyone swallowed hook, line and stinker! Expand
  17. GeorgeN
    Apr 11, 2010
    Just the right amount of mythology and action. I was entertained considering what the reviews stated I was pleasantly surprised.
  18. BobR
    Apr 11, 2010
    People take things too seriously for One Herclues messed with Greek Mytholgy this was more on the right pages of greek mytholgy. Two if you read the reviews your going to hate it because they are over crtical of the movie just go see it with out expecting much its a remake of a classic and everything is there too enjoy. Its a Summer block buster all Fighting story line is ok and Acting People take things too seriously for One Herclues messed with Greek Mytholgy this was more on the right pages of greek mytholgy. Two if you read the reviews your going to hate it because they are over crtical of the movie just go see it with out expecting much its a remake of a classic and everything is there too enjoy. Its a Summer block buster all Fighting story line is ok and Acting from liam nesson was excellent. Expand
  19. timothyvanhorenbeeck
    Apr 13, 2010
    This movie doesn't have a brilliant story or dialogues, it's not gonna win oscars or other prices, but people re not going to this movie for the story or the dialogues, people go to this movie for awesome effects, just like transformers.
  20. Apr 14, 2012
    This movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazingThis movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazing choreography, the CGI is astonishingly good, and Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson shine out as great actors in this film, although the Djinn Headman (the sorcerer guy in the desert) is the most creative and awesome looking character in the movie. Overall I give it a 9 because it's fun to watch and it has amazing action with amazing CGI for the monsters. Definite 9 for being advertised for what it is. Expand
  21. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting is all right. Notbamazing, but still good. Score is great. Adds to the epic sequences they happen. Also, it has unbeleiveable great epic set pieces. They're really good. Visual effects ate great, and the story is good. Overall, this is a good movie. It may not be amazing but still, it's a great movie.
  22. Sep 16, 2014
    Um bom filme. Ele tem todo um brilho que reflete a sua obra original,o Destino de Perseu. Só acho que o filme se perde em algumas partes,mas não atrapalha em muita coisa.
  23. AndreiB.
    Apr 2, 2010
    I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I'm excited! Thank you.
  24. DanO
    Apr 4, 2010
    What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique with smurf people get rave reviews over a movie that uses a recycled plot with CGI with mythological creatures? Your guess is as good as mine.
  25. thenitabomber
    Apr 9, 2010
    If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it an entertaining movie. save a couple of bucks on the 3d and just go see the 2d. nothing will ever beat harryhausen so there is no comparison to the original.
  26. AaronL
    Apr 2, 2010
    People really need to see this movie for what it was, a popcorn movie like 300. Everyone seemed to need a smoke after that one and it was almost the same deal. It was a good action movie with pretty good acting even though the ending was a little quick and the movie was shorter than expected. I do recommend it to people.
  27. CharlieC
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you're a fan of Greek mythos than this movie is for you. Yes it is a bit cheesy (the original takes the cake on thatcthough) and it is very driven by it's big names. My favorite was ralph fiennes who was an amazing hades. Great CGI though, it's getting much more easy to swallow as it looks more and more realistic. Medusa and the kraken rocked. Check it out you might like it.
  28. PatrickP
    Apr 3, 2010
    This movie is the ultimate popcorn flick, full of action and light on talk. If you come here expecting lots of action, you'll get it in spades. If you are expecting a masterpiece, expect to be disappointed.
  29. NickH
    Apr 17, 2010
    Movie was actually pretty good. Actually maybe better than i expected. I wanted to see this movie because the God of war games. Creek mythology has been always interesting.
  30. ThomasS.
    Apr 2, 2010
    This movie is pure fun. It's not a great film, it's got its fair share of issues, but as a popcorn flick it delivers. I personally think the original 1981 "Clash" is overrated (I love all the other Harryhausen films, but Hamlin is lame and boring, the story is convoluted, and while the effects have their moments that shine, overall they bog the movie down). As a remake, I find This movie is pure fun. It's not a great film, it's got its fair share of issues, but as a popcorn flick it delivers. I personally think the original 1981 "Clash" is overrated (I love all the other Harryhausen films, but Hamlin is lame and boring, the story is convoluted, and while the effects have their moments that shine, overall they bog the movie down). As a remake, I find this one, while imperfect, to be superior if for only being enjoyable . This is the kind of movie I'd throw in when I want to watch something that offers a little more than 1999's "The Mummy," but not as heavy-handed on the drama as "Gladiator." Expand
  31. KevinG
    Apr 25, 2010
    Well i read some of the critics say this movie was junk. But my friend said it was awesome,so i went and saw it. I thought it was very entertaining and exciting.The monsters and bad guys were done very well. Good story etc.Fighting scenes were very good. Alot of action. I'm the first one to say if a movie is junk and they're alot of bad movies out there. Maybe because it Well i read some of the critics say this movie was junk. But my friend said it was awesome,so i went and saw it. I thought it was very entertaining and exciting.The monsters and bad guys were done very well. Good story etc.Fighting scenes were very good. Alot of action. I'm the first one to say if a movie is junk and they're alot of bad movies out there. Maybe because it didn't have a gay charactor in the movie that some people didn't like it. I just don't know why some people thought this movie was bad. But also some people loved dream girls which was horrid. Expand
  32. Sep 17, 2010
    The biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witchThe biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witch to me is all I need. Sure, it has got bad acting, and is a little cheesy but it is still a good film. Not great but also not bad movie. Solid Expand
  33. Oct 6, 2010
    While the 3D was poorly done, I still thought the movie was decent, and that means a lot coming from someone who's not a big fan of movies based on Greek mythology.
  34. Feb 14, 2011
    If you like action movies or movies about Greek mythology than this is a movie you will highly enjoy, an ultimately enjoyable movie with likable characters and a great story, some stale moments and one or two plot holes are the only things holding it back, a great movie from beginning to end.
  35. Jun 13, 2013
    Comparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as heComparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as he wrestles with his identity while battling fierce giant scorpions, the three witches, the Gorgon, Medusa, and the condemned Calibos culminating in a final showdown with the giant and terrifying Kraken, mythic sea creature set loose by the gods to destroy the city of Argos and the beautiful Andromeda who is being sacrificed to assuage the wrath of the gods. The motive for this epic quest is that the humans have rebelled against the gods and after killing Perseus' earthly family Hades has used the human rebellion as a means to defeat his brother Zeus to become King of the gods but he must also contend with a vengeful Perseus.

Liam Neeson was an excellent choice as Zeus with his booming voice and commanding presence and Ralph Fiennes does a spectacular job as the deliciously evil Hades, king of the Underworld. Sam Worthington also does an excellent job as the hero Perseus whom he portrays as a smoldering angry warrior forced into circumstances beyond his control as he comes to terms with who he is. The special effects of the movie are equally spectacular and top notch and as a lover of giant monsters this version of the behemoth Kraken of the deep is worth the price of admission. I just wish he would have had more screen time. As an epic action adventure movie the Clash of the Titans delivers 2 hours of enjoyable fun and exciting entertainment.
  36. MarkG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this may be your type of movie. Just accept it as a fun movie that could have been better. I think that it was not worth the harsh reviews that some have given it. If you are looking for something deeper or full of more action then you may be a little disappointed. If you like "summer popcorn flicks" then rejoice because this is just the start of the season. Was somewhat different than the original but no one really wants a remake to be exactly the same. I would give this movie a 7.2 out of 10. Expand
  37. Wayne
    Apr 10, 2010
    Entertaining movie, with great action and special effects.
  38. C.R.L
    Apr 23, 2010
    While it is not as good as it could have been or should have been "Clash of the titans" is no more and no less fun. It's a good way to kill almost two hours if you want to.
  39. JasenH.
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was a fan of the original film. I enjoyed the plot and fx in this iteration. Went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
  40. DallasT.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like blurry screw-ups at times. Expand
  41. PineappleMummy
    Apr 3, 2010
    Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this movie is a good and enjoyable one. Perhaps the only thing that keeps bothering me is Sam's thin haired head - that was so distinct compared to other "hairy" characters - that he had during T4 and Avatar (and now, in CotT). Expand
  42. ChrisR.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene feels larger then life. My only complaint, why did they make the gods where the most cheesy ridiculous shiny sparkly outfits, they look completely stupid! Oh, and one of the characters is made out of twigs and communicates in grunts... kinda weird. But overall I enjoyed it, and if you scratch below the surface you'll find there's a surprising amount of depth to it as well! Expand
  43. MatP
    Apr 4, 2010
    The trailer set my expectations, and the feature met them. Entertaining popcorn action. Just needed more distorted guitars, and less clothes on Arterton.
  44. CalRed
    Apr 5, 2010
    It was ok. We went into this movie with very low expectations. I think if you can look at it from an "over the top" perspective of Greek Mythology you will have fun.
  45. fotiosG
    Apr 9, 2010
    It ok but where's bubo the owl? I had higher expectations for this movie, but that what Hollywood is producing for the masses. The movie felt rushed and the actors could have done a better job it seemed as if they all just did've care enough to make it a great movie. Also the story needed to be reedited and could of benefited from addition material.
  46. N.Lucky
    Apr 13, 2010
    Despite some corny lines, next to nothing in the character development department, and a blatant rape on Greek Mythology, I quite enjoyed this film. It had a lot of great moments, and though the acting was pretty average, Gemma Arterton proved to be a very nice addition as Io, and Ralph Fiennes was very slinky as Hades. Liam Neeson was good, but didn't really jump out of the box for Despite some corny lines, next to nothing in the character development department, and a blatant rape on Greek Mythology, I quite enjoyed this film. It had a lot of great moments, and though the acting was pretty average, Gemma Arterton proved to be a very nice addition as Io, and Ralph Fiennes was very slinky as Hades. Liam Neeson was good, but didn't really jump out of the box for me. All in all, a very enjoyable film, especially when Medusa loses her head. Expand
  47. JeffH
    Apr 9, 2010
    The point of this movie isn't the acting, the thin story or the terse dialogue. The reason I went to see this movie and had fun was that it was a decent popcorn movie, or a "ride" as they say. It was all about how cool it the next action sequence going to be. Instead of getting ridiculous and falling apart on the third act, like say Transformers or any superhero movie, this one just The point of this movie isn't the acting, the thin story or the terse dialogue. The reason I went to see this movie and had fun was that it was a decent popcorn movie, or a "ride" as they say. It was all about how cool it the next action sequence going to be. Instead of getting ridiculous and falling apart on the third act, like say Transformers or any superhero movie, this one just starts out ridiculous and stays the course. It was fun. Expand
  48. GabbyG.
    May 3, 2010
    The original was better in the cheesy way and they did have the correct mythology. The new one lacked the heroes journey concept. although the cameo of BoBo was appreciated bby fans of the original. animation was a little crappy too.
  49. ScottJ
    Apr 12, 2010
    Not bad action movie with decent special effects. I wish they would have developed the plot more and characters. Hades and Zeus were good but they could have done better job with Perseus role. Personally, I liked the 1981 original film that I saw 20+ years ago as it had better plot and characters acting .
  50. RickA
    Apr 13, 2010
    I so do like these kinds of movies. I do not think that it was as bad as made out to be. Acting B+, story B-, special effects A-. Worth the money but would probably would not see it twice, but would own it on video.
  51. AV
    Apr 14, 2010
    Very unoriginal but still enjoyable.
  52. Aug 11, 2010
    The original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from theThe original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from the brink of destruction by the hands of the Kraken. With a small group of brave soldiers Perseus seeks to take on some of the most foul and feared creatures in Greek mythology and save Argos from there fate. While at sometimes, you may feel this film is a little too underwhelming and heavy-handed Louis Leterrierâ Expand
  53. Dec 19, 2010
    clash of the titans has a simple script. gods and humans are fighting against each other. humans are taking revenge against gods. but the thing is that , a demi god is there perseus .... who fights for humans
    the ultimate clash is missing here. so execution is failed. direction and screenplay is very good. dialogs are strong enough in 2nd half. narration is well told in the beginning and 1st half. camera angling is perfect during the final battle . casting is good by 3-4 persons . rest did not get their job done well. background score is average. the kraken sequence has worthy background score. editing is fast in the climax battle. things go very quickly. cinematography is perfect. it captures the mountains ,.,, volcanic steeps the forts of the zeus and haydes. production values are awesome. but looks too much expensive
    entertainment value is good in 2nd half. during the 1st half ,, only scorpio attack is entertaining. final verdict: the movie is a decent entertainer. in 2D avoid 3D.
  54. Jan 9, 2011
    People crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, myPeople crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, my expectations may have been low, but after watching Louis Letterier's directorial follow-up to a superb reboot of The Incredible Hulk, I am convinced people are absolutely crazy. This movie was fantastic! I read that it was cheesy. Yes, it had some cheesy elements to it, but have you seen the original? It DEFINES cheese! I read that the Kraken was disappointing because it was too octopus-like. Uhm...do you KNOW what a Kraken is? It is based on a GIANT SQUID. If anything, the original movie's Kraken was wrong! Louis Letterier did as good of a job remaking this classic than anyone could have done. He didn't insult it and wasn't so serious to make the original look cheesier than it already is. It was absolutely fantastic. The action, the CGI, even the elements of the story they changed. Yes, the acting was very bad in parts, but knowing the bad acting and effects from the original, can one really be THAT critical of this one? No, Gone With the Wind it was not, but it wasn't meant to be either. I question who could have expected more. Expand
  55. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: GiantThiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: Giant Scorpions Battle, Medusa Hunt and Furious Kraken scene. The special effects worked well. But in the close-up fight scenes, the camera did not focus and too fast, we did not really see what was really going on. The dialogues were a little bit lame and lack of interlude jokes. However, I like The Gods Gathering on Olympus as describe on thiz film. It is better and way beyond of what we saw earlier thiz year on PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS which also based on Greek mythology. My school teacher used to say, Sometimes what we saw in movie-trailer is what we saw in entire movie. It really happened on thiz movie. Worthington was not on his best, compare to his latest performances in TERMINATOR SALVATION (2009) and ground-breaking AVATAR (2009). There is emptiness during his appearance on thiz movie. Anyhow, I think we will see many of upcoming Worthington appearances. Thiz man could be new Schwarzenegger. It looks like we got a new Titan in Hollywood.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  56. Aug 24, 2014
    The trailer of this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen (scene after scene of fighting without actually revealing anything of the movie itself other than it seems to have a lot of characters - and a lot of fighting); I was really hoping the movie would be better, and it was.

There was a good plot going on, although the events kept jumping forward at a fast pace. They certainly didn't make the characters stay in one place for too long. Thanks to that, the movie seemed really short.

I think the cast was pretty good, as were the characters, although there was very little time to learn to know them. None of them was outrageously good, or bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen and various other actors play their part.

There was some depth in this movie, and it wasn't all about the fighting either. It was sad to see such good potential go to waste when the plot thinned and thinned into something rather disappointing. Especially the few confusing, pointless (romantic?) scenes ruined the ending. I hate it when they try to put something between two characters who clearly have nothing to do with each other.

I am not too familiar with the myths and legends of the ancient world, but this illustrated those very nicely, loyal to "reality" or not.

And I must say, the movie looked really good. Where the plot was too fast-paced and hurried, the amazing scenery, animals and such were superb. Especially loved Hades' power and the pegasos.

Go see this movie if you're even somewhat interested, because it is better than the trailer tells you. Even if it is missing a little substance here and there, the movie is good, no denying it.
  57. Dec 4, 2012
    Clash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly actedClash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly acted and scripted, this doesn't stop the film from being enjoyable, far from that, but all you see is awesome action, special effects, and filming, everything else is dumb and fairly poorly done. If it was less fast-paced, had actually good acting, a main character that's not too generic, and a well written script, I'd be giving it a 9/10, but no, it's too in your face with constant action and cheese, so I give it... 6.7/10 (rounded up to 7). Expand
  58. Dec 28, 2014
    I thought it was decent. The CGI didn't look that great at times though (the giant scorpions). I'd say it's slightly more enjoyable than the Percy Jackson series, and IMO way better than the similar Hercules movie with The Rock.
  59. Jun 13, 2013
    Adventure, pure adventure, regardless of complaints about story, acting, etc. The effects were ok. Maybe the mythology was used superficial, but, anyway, why should we be so serious about mythology in this century?! It's just a spring for new art, that's it. Get over it!
  60. Aug 8, 2013
    I personally liked this movie, the action was good and the casting choices also worked. The plot was a bit weak as well as the dialogue but still a pretty good movie
  61. MikhailR
    Apr 2, 2010
    Excellent source material, but it still didn't deliver. The only reason I saw this was to see Liam Neeson be his awesome self, yet he was barely in the movie. In the end it inspired me to hurry up and beat God of War 2 so I can play God of War 3. On a side note I would have much perfered 1hr55min of Liam Neeson breathing and repeating "Release the Krackin".
  62. DonnieB
    Apr 3, 2010
    My favorite movie critic, Confused Matthew, once said, "A movie does not have to be good in order for you to like it." That is how I felt about this movie. I enjoyed watching this movie, but it was not good. First of all, our protagonist, Placebo (ok Perceus, but he's so bland and useless, he may as well be a placebo) was a sorry excuse for a protagonist. He had no personality and no My favorite movie critic, Confused Matthew, once said, "A movie does not have to be good in order for you to like it." That is how I felt about this movie. I enjoyed watching this movie, but it was not good. First of all, our protagonist, Placebo (ok Perceus, but he's so bland and useless, he may as well be a placebo) was a sorry excuse for a protagonist. He had no personality and no likeable traits that make the movie watcher like it. The character Lo, the leading lady, did a terrible acting job and everything about her character screamed "plot conveinence". She only spoke to explain the plot. The gods were lifeless and bland. The soldiers did a really good job and I really liked them. However, they only got 5 seconds of screen time and were either killed or disappeared from the story. The bright side was the graphics, the different gods and creatures looked phenominal, but again all good things in this movie only last 5 seconds. It was entertaining, but not good. It looks like they will try to make a sequel, but there's no reason to look foward to it! Expand
  63. RobW
    Apr 3, 2010
    Not what I had hoped. This movie was not the 3d specticle that I thought it would be. I like the original much better.
  64. DamianB
    Apr 7, 2010
    I was very much looking forward to watching this film, having been a fan of the original. Unfortunately although the visual and action sequences were excellent, I felt the passion and emotion of the film didn
  65. DavidP.
    Apr 9, 2010
    Well, I liked it. Some of the effects actually gave me the chub. The battle with Medusa only gave me a sconge however, so that was slightly disappointing. Worth seeing in 3D if only for the part where you can clearly see Liam Neeson's heat seeking love missile. If Gemma Arterton got a bit more flesh-generous, two things would have happened - my tally-whacker would have perked right Well, I liked it. Some of the effects actually gave me the chub. The battle with Medusa only gave me a sconge however, so that was slightly disappointing. Worth seeing in 3D if only for the part where you can clearly see Liam Neeson's heat seeking love missile. If Gemma Arterton got a bit more flesh-generous, two things would have happened - my tally-whacker would have perked right up and I would have scored this as a 7 instead of a 6. Let that be a lesson to all of us. Expand
  66. PhilV
    Apr 4, 2010
    I gave this a 6 because i was entertained by some of the action but like a lot of movies lately i did not connect emotionally to any of the characters and the story just fell short. I liked the story much better in the original and was really looking forward to this with the updated visuals. They only really showed 2 of the gods in this one but they were well done by Liam Neeson and Ralph I gave this a 6 because i was entertained by some of the action but like a lot of movies lately i did not connect emotionally to any of the characters and the story just fell short. I liked the story much better in the original and was really looking forward to this with the updated visuals. They only really showed 2 of the gods in this one but they were well done by Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes but i enjoyed the different interactions all the gods had with each other in the first Clash. I also liked when Perseus was in love with Andromeda in the first one and that her queen mother said she was more beautiful than the god they prayed to instead of the humans waging war on the gods and they had hades instead of posseidon (trying to please the god of war crowd i suspect, which i am one and god of war is way better than this movie by the way), Also Kalabos and Pegasus were much better integrated in the story in the first one. If you haven't seen it do so and you'll agree thought the special effects are laughable. The special effects were very good and the sets were good in the new one but very dissapointed in the story. The Last Airbender i believe will deliver the story i am looking for because its being done by a director who believes in telling a good story. If that one dissapoints I am going to shed a tear for the lost art of good storytelling in a summer blockbuster type movie. Expand
  67. Oct 27, 2010
    a very shallow film that is action packed with some nice visuals . the original was better as it usaully goes with remakes . they basically trimmed out more story for more CGI. its a ok film but forgettable .
  68. Sep 10, 2010
    The new, so-called "up-dated", version of "The Clash of the Titans" does not go very in-depth and into very much detail about the vast universe of the subject matter it is attempting to tackle. I'm speaking, of course, about Greek Mythology and the tales surrounding the hero Perseus. The overall pace of the movie seems very rushed, as if the filmmakers were trying to squeeze as much of theThe new, so-called "up-dated", version of "The Clash of the Titans" does not go very in-depth and into very much detail about the vast universe of the subject matter it is attempting to tackle. I'm speaking, of course, about Greek Mythology and the tales surrounding the hero Perseus. The overall pace of the movie seems very rushed, as if the filmmakers were trying to squeeze as much of the storyline as possible into a picture meant solely as a summer blockbuster. The acting is terrible, aside from a few of the minor characters throughout the film. Sam Worthington's acting is about as good as it's going to get, which is completely stale and uninteresting. The scenes involving the slaying of Medusa were the only somewhat enjoyable moments of the entire film, to me anyway. I say somewhat because the computer-generated animation of Medusa was difficult to stomach, as it seemed too "cartoon-like" to be considered realistic in movement as well as appearance. If they had used a real actress to portray at least the upper-half of Medusa's body then I would have enjoyed the segment much more. Overall, this movie was a waste of my time. I give it a 6 out of 10. Expand
  69. Jun 11, 2011
    Based on the 1981 movie of the same name, this remake tells the re-imagining of the Greek mythology and also tells the story about Perseus, who learns that he is the demigod of Zeus and the only one who can stop Hades from summoning the Kraken that would wipe out the Titans and cause chaos to the world forever while being aided by Argos finest soldiers.

I am going to make my opinion to

I am going to make my opinion to make this review pretty much shorter.

This remake isn't really bad, but its just wasn't groundbreaking. The CGI was good and sometimes the action scenes were a lot of fun, but the plot and characters were undeveloped and the storytelling was weak.

Clash of the Titans suffers from its thin plot and lack of character, but has great amount of action scenes and very cool-looking CGI effects.

70. Nov 16, 2011
    CLASH OF THE TITANS may have terrible acting, writing and 3D, but it is still pretty entertaining with great special effects.
  71. Mar 30, 2012
    Acting was mediocre, the story was tolerable, and the special effects were great. I'd say the dialogue could have been better in some parts however.
  72. Jun 8, 2012
    Clash of the Titans is not particularly good from the acting and writing perspective- in fact, its pretty terrible. But the action and adventure and scope of the film are enormous fun, and that compensates for what it lacks in other areas.
  73. Mar 27, 2012
    Standard fare epic fantasy historical action film in the vein of 300. Louis Leterrier, of Transporter fame, leads Sam Worthington as Perseus into combat against the gods of Olympus. Worthington fits the bill as the all-Greek action hero but has little to work with in the script department, often finding it cliched and riddled with cheesy one-liners. The cast includes some big names, LiamStandard fare epic fantasy historical action film in the vein of 300. Louis Leterrier, of Transporter fame, leads Sam Worthington as Perseus into combat against the gods of Olympus. Worthington fits the bill as the all-Greek action hero but has little to work with in the script department, often finding it cliched and riddled with cheesy one-liners. The cast includes some big names, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Danny Huston but these characters are given little screen time in comparison with Worthington, with the exception of Fiennes, notable for his terrible portrayal of Hades complete with Voldemort voice. Worth mentioning that the visuals and special effects are excellent as one would expect with a film that relies upon them so heavily. Expand
  74. Jun 11, 2013
    The action was good and it had good plot. Much better than the sequel. it was enjoyable. I liked it i can say
  75. SamLed
    Apr 3, 2010
    The acting in this movie was good. The action was pretty cool. Thats about it. The story was dull, in my opinion, it could have had more kick to it, either be a little more original, or have some different circumstances. But nonetheless, the film overall wasn't particularly bad. But wasn't that good either. If you haven't seen this movie, have it as a last resort to the The acting in this movie was good. The action was pretty cool. Thats about it. The story was dull, in my opinion, it could have had more kick to it, either be a little more original, or have some different circumstances. But nonetheless, the film overall wasn't particularly bad. But wasn't that good either. If you haven't seen this movie, have it as a last resort to the movies you want to see. Expand
  76. elij.
    Apr 5, 2010
    Louis Leterrier could have made this movie decent if he would have improved the main character and the dialogue. oh well, at least we still have the last great Greek mythology remake to look forward too, Jason and the Argonauts. Trust me its gonna happen, and if they completely ruin that one like they did this one, i will be disappointed.
  77. ChadS
    Apr 7, 2010
    Dressed in a shiny white tunic, Liam Neeson looks like he'd rather be starring in Robert Greenwald's "Xanadu", but rollerskating isn't an Olympian sport. It's hard to be omnipotent when you're a fashion victim. Laurence Olivier, on the other hand, wore a more befitting tunic(basically, a toga) in the original "Clash of the Titans". He was a God's God. His Dressed in a shiny white tunic, Liam Neeson looks like he'd rather be starring in Robert Greenwald's "Xanadu", but rollerskating isn't an Olympian sport. It's hard to be omnipotent when you're a fashion victim. Laurence Olivier, on the other hand, wore a more befitting tunic(basically, a toga) in the original "Clash of the Titans". He was a God's God. His Zeus wouldn't be caught dead wearing something so gawdy(gawd-y). One look at Zeus, and it's no wonder that Hades(played by Ralph Fiennes, who has enough self-defeating hair outgrowths to be a "Battlefield Earth" extra) thinks he can outsmart his brother. When the Greek people of Argos declare war on the gods, Zeus should handle the insurrection by himself. He's the "Father of Gods and men", after all. Why is he taking advice from Hades? Olivier's Zeus was a badass, a wrathful deity who didn't need the god of the underworld to do his bidding. If you're backtracking to the 1981 Desmond Davis-directed flick, Zeus' expedient, wholly irrational need for vengeance is downright jarring next to the current old(old, old, old, old...) softie interpretation of the all-mighty posed by Neeson, who only accedes to Hades' machinations as a last resort. Like "Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief", the filmmaker contemporizes Zeus. The concerned father doesn't give Persius(Sam Worthington) the keys to the car(chariot), but he does give his son some spending money(a gold coin in order to bribe the ferryman) for his big night out at the bog. While the new "Clash of the Titans" improves on the listless narrative of the original, it's less bold in the sense that it uses a reductionist approach to Greek mythology. Hades is an absolutely extraneous character, but morally ambiguous gods(e.g. Maggie Smith's Thetis) wouldn't sit well with a studio-sanctioned focus group. In the original, the Kraken belongs to Poseidon. If anything, Hades exists, perhaps, for the sole purpose of being a dangerous pet owner. Expand
  78. RyanD
    Apr 8, 2010
    The film was okay. Nothing special and quite a boring plot. Most the film was watching the main characters travelling from one place to another, which made it quite tedious, especially when the the majority of acting was very bad. However, there was some parts of good action, very good animations and quite nice visually. Nothing compared to Avatar though.
  79. JamesH.
    Apr 14, 2010
    This movie isn't as good as the campy and fun 1981 version. It is completely humorless. It does have some good CGI, however, and that held my interest. The story doesn't follow the 1981 version - there are desert creatures that play a big role here not in the original, the scorpions are not created the same way, he falls in love with a different woman, etc etc. I've also This movie isn't as good as the campy and fun 1981 version. It is completely humorless. It does have some good CGI, however, and that held my interest. The story doesn't follow the 1981 version - there are desert creatures that play a big role here not in the original, the scorpions are not created the same way, he falls in love with a different woman, etc etc. I've also seen many 3D films the last 2 years and this is the worse of them all. Some images are doubled, and some images of people's heads look like there is a growth on the back of the head. They obviously added the 3D after the movie was shot to capitalize on the 3D craze. Expand
  80. Aug 14, 2010
    COTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggest dissapointment. Thankfully, it features some enjoyable fight scenes, and of course, a great turn by Ralph Fiennes as Hades. Which by far, is easily theCOTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggest dissapointment. Thankfully, it features some enjoyable fight scenes, and of course, a great turn by Ralph Fiennes as Hades. Which by far, is easily the best thing about this film. I give it a 5/10. Expand
  81. Oct 30, 2010
    This movie has really entertaining action, really good CGI, and somewhat good lines. The acting is meh, Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson definitely stand out. And the ending, with the kraken, It was good, but way too short. It took maybe 5 minutes to rise from the depths of the ocean, and 3 minutes to die. But it's an entertaining movie.
  82. Jun 30, 2012
    Not as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. As for the story, it was interesting. I don't remember much from Greek mythology, so I'm not sure how "accurate" the characters are. There was one thingNot as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. As for the story, it was interesting. I don't remember much from Greek mythology, so I'm not sure how "accurate" the characters are. There was one thing that keep on bugging me, why did Gemma Arterton go with them, what was her reason? Was it to protect Perseus? And how did she find them since she didn't leave with them? She just walks up the Perseus when they're in the forest, and they make no attempt to explain why she was there. The acting was what you would expect from an action movie. Ralph Fiennes basically played Voldemort for the first half of the movie which I thought was amusing. As for Sam Worthington, he was not that good. But oddly when I was watching the movie I noticed that he didn't speak that much, not sure if that was a deliberate attempt to mask his acting or not. The special effects were cool, they reminded me a lot of Transformers they way they had the light make those horizontal streaks on the screen. In all it is a below average action movie. 5/10. Expand
  83. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare the two versions, but heres my review It wasn't that good Things are a bit rushed throughout. We see Perseus with his family for barely 5 minutes and then they're dead. Pegasus appears only twice: once to introduce him and the second for Perseus to ride him. Theres no bond signifyed between the two, so we can't believe in their companionship like we would Ash and Pikachu Gemma Artertons character is basically summed up as "Appear, dispense wisdom, dissapeer, repeat above until tedioum sets in, make googley eyes with Sam Worthington, flee from scorpions, die, resurrection" and shes Perseus' love interest. Andromeda shared less scenes with Perseus, and I felt more of a connection between their characters. And Andromeda and Perseus are meant to be together! Ignoring that is like having Guenivere go with Merlin instead of King Arthur. The Djinn. Unimpressive. They were cool characters, but seriously, they reminded me of Seamus from Family Guy. They were tree men! Scorpions. Pretty cool, and I liked the Djinn riding them and the two guys fashioning a scorpion shield for Perseus. Medusa. I liked how her snake physicallities extended from just her hair to her being part snake. But thats all I liked about her, really. The rest, her firing arrows, toying with prey, just meh for me. The Kraken! Talk about unimpressive. I watched an episode of Better Off Ted the day before, where they named a piece of meat they were growing Blobby. When I saw the Kraken, the name Blobby just stuck in my mind. Zeus' armour. Seriously? Sparkly like Edward Cullen? Boo! Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always, as the evil Hades (thats who he was, right?) but the black tornado look when he first appears in Argos is crap The robot owl was a nice throwaway gag. The guy who convinced citizens of Argos to sacrifice Andromeda, he gets my award for "Biggest **** of the film" simply for being annoying and having the ugliest look since, well, ugly All in all, Good in places, but the bad points outweigh the good. Expand
  84. Aug 26, 2012
    Clash of the Titans reminds me of old school adventure films like Sinbad & The Eye of the Tiger or, uh, Clash of the Titans. It's certainly not high art but then those movies never were. This Clash of the Titans is, however, good clean fantasy fun.
  85. Jul 3, 2011
    Big budget fantasy adventure let down by a poor script, poor acting and a waste of the talents of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Will appeal to anybody who like the action thick and CGI heavy but it's predictable nonsense that get monotonous about half way through, prepare for the inevitable sequel.
  86. Nov 23, 2013
    Some decent action and a handful of cool fight moments. Excellent special effects for sure. Standard becoming a hero to save the world plot. Writing is subpar and some of the acting is pretty bad, though I think partly because of some terrible lines. As a big Greek mythology fan I was disappointed in how inaccurate it was.
  87. Dec 31, 2012
    Good story line, for a movie that I thought was going to be horrible, but the acting wasnt great. They didnt really seem to be in character at some points. Not enough fights and battles and most of them were kinda boring and took too long. And the movie was also too long, I got bored right away. It is still a good movie too watch once then never watch it again.
  88. Aug 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If i were to sum this up in two words it would be this. NEEDS WORK. Even though the special effects are really good and the fight scenes even better the story is not very good. the story centers around the Greek demi-god Perseus (before he got his skull bashed in in god of war 2) who has been tasked to find a way to kill the Kraken before it wipes out an entire city of people who have rebelled against the gods. Perseus and most of the other characters are never developed very well most of them are just there to be killed and i barley caught their names. the story is pretty bare but ancient Greek story's have never been complex masterpieces so i will forgive that. Over all it is a 5/10 looks good but dose not play out as good. Expand
  89. SamS.
    Apr 2, 2010
    How does Metacritic work??? Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 stars (shows how good a critic he is...) and somehow metacritic turned this into a score of 73. Whoever is doing the math for you guys should be fired. I flunked my maths exam at college and even I can work this one out!!!!!
  90. NeilB
    Apr 5, 2010
    Not very good. They changed the story to match Disney's Hercules.
  91. DevonC
    Apr 7, 2010
    As a Big-Budget popcorn blockbuster, the 3D will attract audiences everywhere in North America. But as an epic of Greek mythology. The movie fails in the eyes of the director, writers, producers, special effects artists, and especially cinematographers. This movie is complete at being enjoyable, but is filmmaking at it's worst. Thank god the 3D only lasted less than 2 hours.
  92. BillyB
    Apr 10, 2010
    the actors did their best, but it all came down to the story, it was just ridiculous. i feel i could of wrote a better script then that.
  93. JoradT
    Apr 18, 2010
    Definition of mediocrity. This film was really dull. Never do I fall asleep in films but this almost made me fall asleep. None of the characters were at all interesting (were the exception of the two hunters who barely had much screen time), and almost all the scenes were dull, even the action scenes. The gods seemed like wimps and the last battle between the kraken was a big Definition of mediocrity. This film was really dull. Never do I fall asleep in films but this almost made me fall asleep. None of the characters were at all interesting (were the exception of the two hunters who barely had much screen time), and almost all the scenes were dull, even the action scenes. The gods seemed like wimps and the last battle between the kraken was a big disappointment. One final point is that if you do go see this film do not, and I repeat DO NOT, watch it in 3D. There is literally NONE in the film. Biggest waste of 3D ever. Expand
  94. ChrisG
    Apr 4, 2010
    You will hate this if: You can't stand bad acting, don't like huge somewhat confusing action scenes, or want to see an accurate protrayal of the greek stories. If you can keep from thinking to much about what's wrong with it, it can be entertaining.
  95. JimW
    Apr 7, 2010
    A decent action film, nothing special. Poor script-writing, great CGI, weak and predicable story. Neelson and Fiennes are great as the gods but are the rare shining light in this mostly dull film. Some moments such as the kraken fight and medusa chase brighten it up but mostly this is a fairly weak film. Only worth seeing if you REALLY like CGI filled action films. No where near as good A decent action film, nothing special. Poor script-writing, great CGI, weak and predicable story. Neelson and Fiennes are great as the gods but are the rare shining light in this mostly dull film. Some moments such as the kraken fight and medusa chase brighten it up but mostly this is a fairly weak film. Only worth seeing if you REALLY like CGI filled action films. No where near as good as the trailer suggests. Expand
  96. ScrambledPixel
    Apr 15, 2010
    For all of its CGI wizardry, its kinetic action sequences and its retrofitted 3D, there is no masking the fact that Clash Of The Titans is a pretty flat film. A remake of the campy 1981 original, the film takes itself much too seriously and, failing to see the absurdity of its hyper macho subject matter, is all the more amusing as a result. Clash Of The Titans opens with the camera For all of its CGI wizardry, its kinetic action sequences and its retrofitted 3D, there is no masking the fact that Clash Of The Titans is a pretty flat film. A remake of the campy 1981 original, the film takes itself much too seriously and, failing to see the absurdity of its hyper macho subject matter, is all the more amusing as a result. Clash Of The Titans opens with the camera drifting through the cosmos. The stars are forming diagrammatic constellations while an accompanying voice over delivers a patronisingly basic overview of Greek mythology. This introduction inadvertently sets the tone of the film in two distinct ways. Firstly the sequence is entirely CGI but makes no noticeable use of 3D, a foreshadowing of the disappointing implementation of the technology throughout the rest of the film. Secondly, the history lesson style of the prelude underestimates its audience dramatically, a condescending direction that again, is continued throughout the film. Even more clumsily plotted than the original, Clash Of The Titans focuses on Demigod Perseus (Worthington) as he seeks revenge against Hades (Fiennes) for the murder of his adopted family. His revenge is placed against a backdrop of war and anarchy, with the Greeks warring against the Gods. While this premise is an interesting one, the characters are so one dimensional, their motivations so artificial and their dialogue so forgettable that the film quickly boils down to: fighting, walking, fighting, walking, repeat ad nauseum. In the middle of the film the tangled plot lines becomes so contrived and clichéd that the writers simply kill off 80% of the characters to avoid writing a decent conclusion to their journeys, it Expand
  97. BrentP
    Apr 18, 2010
    "Clash of the Titans" fails on many levels. There is virtually no real character development that leads viewers to feel for Perseus and root for his success. The 3-D is fabricated and should have been left in the 2-D version. The excitement is drained out of the film because of an over emphasis on special effect sequences and little attention to human experience. The highlight of the film "Clash of the Titans" fails on many levels. There is virtually no real character development that leads viewers to feel for Perseus and root for his success. The 3-D is fabricated and should have been left in the 2-D version. The excitement is drained out of the film because of an over emphasis on special effect sequences and little attention to human experience. The highlight of the film is in the trailer. "Release to Kraken!" is the only reason for seeing this film. Of course, Liam Neeson could say anything and we'd all take him serious. Expand
  98. Aug 27, 2010
    Unfortunately, this was a waste of money and talent (where applicable). In the olden times they had stories but no way to put the spectacle on the screen. Now, when the imagination is the only limit, they cannot make a coherent story even based on the Greek mythology - the treasure trove of some of the greatest stories in the history of mankind. It is best to ignore this mess and watch theUnfortunately, this was a waste of money and talent (where applicable). In the olden times they had stories but no way to put the spectacle on the screen. Now, when the imagination is the only limit, they cannot make a coherent story even based on the Greek mythology - the treasure trove of some of the greatest stories in the history of mankind. It is best to ignore this mess and watch the original in all it's cheesy glory and than rent the other Harryhausen masterworks. Compared with this, Prince of Persia was deep, complex and three-dimensional. Expand
  99. Aug 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really wanted to like this film. I actually really thought it had potential from watching the original trailer but as Clash of the Titans is now, it's a completely average and underwhelming film. Which brings me to the Kraken. Throughout the film the ever present threat of the Kraken is supposed to build up anticipation of what this monstrous thing looks like and the power it must posses. Then at the end of the film they kill off the Kraken within five minutes! Seriously monsters throughout the movie were stronger than the wimp they made the Kraken out to be. Expand
  100. Aug 27, 2010
    This was a good time kill but Clash of the Titans is left to be a memory rather than sat on my DVD shelf. The special effects are good but at times, itâ

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.