4.9

1. Dec 28, 2014
    I thought it was decent. The CGI didn't look that great at times though (the giant scorpions). I'd say it's slightly more enjoyable than the Percy Jackson series, and IMO way better than the similar Hercules movie with The Rock.
  2. Nov 9, 2014
    With terrible acting, a pathetic script, miserable 3D, a tedious plot and derivative elements, Clash of the Titans hits rock bottom in showing what a movie can be.
  3. Sep 16, 2014
    Um bom filme. Ele tem todo um brilho que reflete a sua obra original,o Destino de Perseu. Só acho que o filme se perde em algumas partes,mas não atrapalha em muita coisa.
  4. Aug 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If i were to sum this up in two words it would be this. NEEDS WORK. Even though the special effects are really good and the fight scenes even better the story is not very good. the story centers around the Greek demi-god Perseus (before he got his skull bashed in in god of war 2) who has been tasked to find a way to kill the Kraken before it wipes out an entire city of people who have rebelled against the gods. Perseus and most of the other characters are never developed very well most of them are just there to be killed and i barley caught their names. the story is pretty bare but ancient Greek story's have never been complex masterpieces so i will forgive that. Over all it is a 5/10 looks good but dose not play out as good. Expand
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    The trailer of this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen (scene after scene of fighting without actually revealing anything of the movie itself other than it seems to have a lot of characters - and a lot of fighting); I was really hoping the movie would be better, and it was.

There was a good plot going on, although the events kept jumping forward at a fast pace. They certainly didn't make the characters stay in one place for too long. Thanks to that, the movie seemed really short.

I think the cast was pretty good, as were the characters, although there was very little time to learn to know them. None of them was outrageously good, or bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen and various other actors play their part.

There was some depth in this movie, and it wasn't all about the fighting either. It was sad to see such good potential go to waste when the plot thinned and thinned into something rather disappointing. Especially the few confusing, pointless (romantic?) scenes ruined the ending. I hate it when they try to put something between two characters who clearly have nothing to do with each other.

I am not too familiar with the myths and legends of the ancient world, but this illustrated those very nicely, loyal to "reality" or not.

And I must say, the movie looked really good. Where the plot was too fast-paced and hurried, the amazing scenery, animals and such were superb. Especially loved Hades' power and the pegasos.

Go see this movie if you're even somewhat interested, because it is better than the trailer tells you. Even if it is missing a little substance here and there, the movie is good, no denying it.
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    Even though it's very good-looking, mainly due to its impressive visuals (its portrayals of mythical creatures, like the Kraken or Medusa, are stunning, in spite of some being inaccurate), "Clash of the Titans" is one of those films that choose an approach to an ancient civilization that feels irritatingly commonplace. I liked Ralph Fiennes as Hades, even if it is too close to hisEven though it's very good-looking, mainly due to its impressive visuals (its portrayals of mythical creatures, like the Kraken or Medusa, are stunning, in spite of some being inaccurate), "Clash of the Titans" is one of those films that choose an approach to an ancient civilization that feels irritatingly commonplace. I liked Ralph Fiennes as Hades, even if it is too close to his Voldemort role in "Harry Potter" and his threatening to release the Kraken during the celebration scene looks like Maleficent's curse in "Sleeping Beauty". "Clash" overall is a visually spectacular but worthless piece of cinema junk, that may be entertaining for a movie night but absolutely nothing more. Expand
  7. Feb 15, 2014
    Unmemorable, pointless and soulless remake of one of the best 80s movies. Shame on you Mr. Louis Leterrier. I know you can do better. PS: Sam, go back to Pandora because that was more believable than this.
  8. Dec 12, 2013
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    Some decent action and a handful of cool fight moments. Excellent special effects for sure. Standard becoming a hero to save the world plot. Writing is subpar and some of the acting is pretty bad, though I think partly because of some terrible lines. As a big Greek mythology fan I was disappointed in how inaccurate it was.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    The titans clash with mediocre flash.
    The movie has a solid performance from Sam Worthington, and a few good action scenes. The rest of it is utter rubbish with poor directing, and a poor script.
  11. Aug 8, 2013
    I personally liked this movie, the action was good and the casting choices also worked. The plot was a bit weak as well as the dialogue but still a pretty good movie
  12. Jul 29, 2013
    I've never felt so betrayed the trailer was so epic i thought they were going to give us what the original missed on but no. The ending is a miss it has many problems. But fun to watch it was entertaining.
  13. Jun 13, 2013
    Comparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as heComparisons with the 1981 original are inevitable. I see this new version of the Clash of the Titans as more of a reimagining of the story than a remake of the original. This leaves us with two completely different stories that are each outstanding in their own right. Although the story is pretty straight forward it is told as an epic quest that the demigod Perseus experiences as he wrestles with his identity while battling fierce giant scorpions, the three witches, the Gorgon, Medusa, and the condemned Calibos culminating in a final showdown with the giant and terrifying Kraken, mythic sea creature set loose by the gods to destroy the city of Argos and the beautiful Andromeda who is being sacrificed to assuage the wrath of the gods. The motive for this epic quest is that the humans have rebelled against the gods and after killing Perseus' earthly family Hades has used the human rebellion as a means to defeat his brother Zeus to become King of the gods but he must also contend with a vengeful Perseus.

Liam Neeson was an excellent choice as Zeus with his booming voice and commanding presence and Ralph Fiennes does a spectacular job as the deliciously evil Hades, king of the Underworld. Sam Worthington also does an excellent job as the hero Perseus whom he portrays as a smoldering angry warrior forced into circumstances beyond his control as he comes to terms with who he is. The special effects of the movie are equally spectacular and top notch and as a lover of giant monsters this version of the behemoth Kraken of the deep is worth the price of admission. I just wish he would have had more screen time. As an epic action adventure movie the Clash of the Titans delivers 2 hours of enjoyable fun and exciting entertainment.
  14. Jun 13, 2013
    Adventure, pure adventure, regardless of complaints about story, acting, etc. The effects were ok. Maybe the mythology was used superficial, but, anyway, why should we be so serious about mythology in this century?! It's just a spring for new art, that's it. Get over it!
  15. Jun 11, 2013
    The action was good and it had good plot. Much better than the sequel. it was enjoyable. I liked it i can say
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    Jaw dropping special effects matched with a failure of a story line.
  17. Mar 16, 2013
    Mind bobbling piece of trash. Disgraceful acting and story that is intertwined with thoughtless action scenes that are incredibly banal. An embarrassing attempt at creating entertainment.
  18. Dec 31, 2012
    Good story line, for a movie that I thought was going to be horrible, but the acting wasnt great. They didnt really seem to be in character at some points. Not enough fights and battles and most of them were kinda boring and took too long. And the movie was also too long, I got bored right away. It is still a good movie too watch once then never watch it again.
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    Very flawed, but the special effects were great. Also, casting Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes as important characters was a great choice. A decent film.
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    Clash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly actedClash of the Titans is definitely enjoyable, and has exiting action, but too much of that "exiting action", the director's gotta just calm down and slow the film down to create a more relaxing and emotional do, the action can be kept, but not all of it. The director concentrated too much on the action and special effects, which made those parts great, but everything else is dumbly acted and scripted, this doesn't stop the film from being enjoyable, far from that, but all you see is awesome action, special effects, and filming, everything else is dumb and fairly poorly done. If it was less fast-paced, had actually good acting, a main character that's not too generic, and a well written script, I'd be giving it a 9/10, but no, it's too in your face with constant action and cheese, so I give it... 6.7/10 (rounded up to 7). Expand
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    Although some of its other lesser-billed cast members do fairly well here, "Clash Of The Titans" unfortunately cannot lift itself up and over the hurdle of poor writing.
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    It's the movie event of the year, if your a ten-year old boy that is.
  23. Aug 26, 2012
    Clash of the Titans reminds me of old school adventure films like Sinbad & The Eye of the Tiger or, uh, Clash of the Titans. It's certainly not high art but then those movies never were. This Clash of the Titans is, however, good clean fantasy fun.
  24. Aug 24, 2012
    Not a good film, I prefer my films to require brain cells to watch. I love Greek mythology but this was an abomination of classic mythology. I think viewers who enjoy 'popcorn action flicks' may enjoy this film but even they may think that this was just not good enough. The ironic thing is that I actually think the acting was fine.
  25. Jul 9, 2012
    This movie is horrible,with a poor script and bad performances This remake to 1981 classic is probably one of the worst remakes Warner brothers has already produced.
  26. Jun 30, 2012
    Not as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. As for the story, it was interesting. I don't remember much from Greek mythology, so I'm not sure how "accurate" the characters are. There was one thingNot as bad as critics make it seem, not not as good as the trailer made it look. The first 20-30 minutes were very entertaining, but after that I started to get bored. The action scene were drawn out and in some cases really poorly edited. As for the story, it was interesting. I don't remember much from Greek mythology, so I'm not sure how "accurate" the characters are. There was one thing that keep on bugging me, why did Gemma Arterton go with them, what was her reason? Was it to protect Perseus? And how did she find them since she didn't leave with them? She just walks up the Perseus when they're in the forest, and they make no attempt to explain why she was there. The acting was what you would expect from an action movie. Ralph Fiennes basically played Voldemort for the first half of the movie which I thought was amusing. As for Sam Worthington, he was not that good. But oddly when I was watching the movie I noticed that he didn't speak that much, not sure if that was a deliberate attempt to mask his acting or not. The special effects were cool, they reminded me a lot of Transformers they way they had the light make those horizontal streaks on the screen. In all it is a below average action movie. 5/10. Expand
  27. Jun 8, 2012
    Clash of the Titans is not particularly good from the acting and writing perspective- in fact, its pretty terrible. But the action and adventure and scope of the film are enormous fun, and that compensates for what it lacks in other areas.
  28. Apr 14, 2012
    This movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazingThis movie is exactly what it says it is. Anyone who sees it should know that. It doesn't matter how bad the story is in this film, it doesn't matter that it's a remake, it doesn't even matter that there are so many parts of the story that are truly "deus ex machina". What matters is that this film delivers intense action and it's great to see with friends. The sword fights have amazing choreography, the CGI is astonishingly good, and Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson shine out as great actors in this film, although the Djinn Headman (the sorcerer guy in the desert) is the most creative and awesome looking character in the movie. Overall I give it a 9 because it's fun to watch and it has amazing action with amazing CGI for the monsters. Definite 9 for being advertised for what it is. Expand
  29. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this is a 9 out of 10 movie. Acting is all right. Notbamazing, but still good. Score is great. Adds to the epic sequences they happen. Also, it has unbeleiveable great epic set pieces. They're really good. Visual effects ate great, and the story is good. Overall, this is a good movie. It may not be amazing but still, it's a great movie.

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.