Clash of the Titans

4.9

1. Wayne
    Apr 10, 2010
    Entertaining movie, with great action and special effects.
  2. KeithC.
    Apr 1, 2010
    My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend said, this movie was "better than midol". ABSOLUTELY a WASTE of time and money. I saw it for FREE and almost got up and walked out (in hindsight I should My friend fell SOUND asleep and was snoring in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I said awake and watched this mess of a movie. Do NOT waste your time to see this movie unless you are homeless and seeking shelter and a good sleep. As my friend said, this movie was "better than midol". ABSOLUTELY a WASTE of time and money. I saw it for FREE and almost got up and walked out (in hindsight I should have). Cheesy story, fair acting, no eye candy, no real focused fighting scenes, and NO 3D. Don't WASTE your money or time. Expand
  3. SamS.
    Apr 2, 2010
    How does Metacritic work??? Roger Ebert gave the movie 3 stars (shows how good a critic he is...) and somehow metacritic turned this into a score of 73. Whoever is doing the math for you guys should be fired. I flunked my maths exam at college and even I can work this one out!!!!!
  4. GabbyG.
    May 3, 2010
    The original was better in the cheesy way and they did have the correct mythology. The new one lacked the heroes journey concept. although the cameo of BoBo was appreciated bby fans of the original. animation was a little crappy too.
  5. TravisC.
    Apr 29, 2010
    I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I I almost didn't see this movie. The critics were pretty harsh and some idiots think you have to keep mythology true to some standard. Mythology is just a made up story to have fun with and no one with the license to make sure it fits into some Greek or Roman perspective from thousands of years ago. Get over yourself. This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everyone I know liked it so I finally conceded to go and I'm glad I did. The original did horribly with the critics too. It was actually only appreciated when it came to TV many years later. Looks like history is repeating itself. Expand
  6. Aug 11, 2010
    The original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from theThe original 1981 Ray Harryhausen special effects designed and produced fantasy adventure is a film of magic wonder, excitement, adventure and mysticism. The 2010 remake or re-imaging if you prefer "Clash of the Titans" is centered around a young fisherman named Perseus who after a personal loss sets out to the city of Argos to take up the task of saving the whole city from the brink of destruction by the hands of the Kraken. With a small group of brave soldiers Perseus seeks to take on some of the most foul and feared creatures in Greek mythology and save Argos from there fate. While at sometimes, you may feel this film is a little too underwhelming and heavy-handed Louis Leterrierâ Expand
  7. Dec 19, 2010
    clash of the titans has a simple script. gods and humans are fighting against each other. humans are taking revenge against gods. but the thing is that , a demi god is there perseus .... who fights for humans
    the ultimate clash is missing here. so execution is failed. direction and screenplay is very good. dialogs are strong enough in 2nd half. narration is well told in the beginning and 1st half. camera angling is perfect during the final battle . casting is good by 3-4 persons . rest did not get their job done well. background score is average. the kraken sequence has worthy background score. editing is fast in the climax battle. things go very quickly. cinematography is perfect. it captures the mountains ,.,, volcanic steeps the forts of the zeus and haydes. production values are awesome. but looks too much expensive
    entertainment value is good in 2nd half. during the 1st half ,, only scorpio attack is entertaining. final verdict: the movie is a decent entertainer. in 2D avoid 3D.
  8. Sep 10, 2010
    The new, so-called "up-dated", version of "The Clash of the Titans" does not go very in-depth and into very much detail about the vast universe of the subject matter it is attempting to tackle. I'm speaking, of course, about Greek Mythology and the tales surrounding the hero Perseus. The overall pace of the movie seems very rushed, as if the filmmakers were trying to squeeze as much of theThe new, so-called "up-dated", version of "The Clash of the Titans" does not go very in-depth and into very much detail about the vast universe of the subject matter it is attempting to tackle. I'm speaking, of course, about Greek Mythology and the tales surrounding the hero Perseus. The overall pace of the movie seems very rushed, as if the filmmakers were trying to squeeze as much of the storyline as possible into a picture meant solely as a summer blockbuster. The acting is terrible, aside from a few of the minor characters throughout the film. Sam Worthington's acting is about as good as it's going to get, which is completely stale and uninteresting. The scenes involving the slaying of Medusa were the only somewhat enjoyable moments of the entire film, to me anyway. I say somewhat because the computer-generated animation of Medusa was difficult to stomach, as it seemed too "cartoon-like" to be considered realistic in movement as well as appearance. If they had used a real actress to portray at least the upper-half of Medusa's body then I would have enjoyed the segment much more. Overall, this movie was a waste of my time. I give it a 6 out of 10. Expand
  9. Jan 9, 2011
    People crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, myPeople crack me up. This movie was roasted when it came out. So much so, that I didn't go see it in the theater. As a die-hard fan of the original, I couldn't bear to see them make it too serious, which would eliminate the beauty of the original's adventurous cheese, or make it too cheesy as well, thus insulting the original. Well, I finally decided to watch it on DirecTV. Granted, my expectations may have been low, but after watching Louis Letterier's directorial follow-up to a superb reboot of The Incredible Hulk, I am convinced people are absolutely crazy. This movie was fantastic! I read that it was cheesy. Yes, it had some cheesy elements to it, but have you seen the original? It DEFINES cheese! I read that the Kraken was disappointing because it was too octopus-like. Uhm...do you KNOW what a Kraken is? It is based on a GIANT SQUID. If anything, the original movie's Kraken was wrong! Louis Letterier did as good of a job remaking this classic than anyone could have done. He didn't insult it and wasn't so serious to make the original look cheesier than it already is. It was absolutely fantastic. The action, the CGI, even the elements of the story they changed. Yes, the acting was very bad in parts, but knowing the bad acting and effects from the original, can one really be THAT critical of this one? No, Gone With the Wind it was not, but it wasn't meant to be either. I question who could have expected more. Collapse
  10. Jun 11, 2011
    Based on the 1981 movie of the same name, this remake tells the re-imagining of the Greek mythology and also tells the story about Perseus, who learns that he is the demigod of Zeus and the only one who can stop Hades from summoning the Kraken that would wipe out the Titans and cause chaos to the world forever while being aided by Argos finest soldiers.

I am going to make my opinion to

I am going to make my opinion to make this review pretty much shorter.

This remake isn't really bad, but its just wasn't groundbreaking. The CGI was good and sometimes the action scenes were a lot of fun, but the plot and characters were undeveloped and the storytelling was weak.

Clash of the Titans suffers from its thin plot and lack of character, but has great amount of action scenes and very cool-looking CGI effects.

11. Feb 14, 2011
    If you like action movies or movies about Greek mythology than this is a movie you will highly enjoy, an ultimately enjoyable movie with likable characters and a great story, some stale moments and one or two plot holes are the only things holding it back, a great movie from beginning to end.
  12. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: GiantThiz movie is remake from the original version in 1981 which still using stop-motion techniques. Now on CGI era, CLASH OF THE TITANS resurrects back to live. Perseus used to play by Harry Hamlin, now replaced by Sam Worthington. The Director is Louis Leterrier, the creator of THE TRANSPORTER (2002) and INCREDIBLE HULK (2008). I noted there were three enormous actions in thiz movie: Giant Scorpions Battle, Medusa Hunt and Furious Kraken scene. The special effects worked well. But in the close-up fight scenes, the camera did not focus and too fast, we did not really see what was really going on. The dialogues were a little bit lame and lack of interlude jokes. However, I like The Gods Gathering on Olympus as describe on thiz film. It is better and way beyond of what we saw earlier thiz year on PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS which also based on Greek mythology. My school teacher used to say, Sometimes what we saw in movie-trailer is what we saw in entire movie. It really happened on thiz movie. Worthington was not on his best, compare to his latest performances in TERMINATOR SALVATION (2009) and ground-breaking AVATAR (2009). There is emptiness during his appearance on thiz movie. Anyhow, I think we will see many of upcoming Worthington appearances. Thiz man could be new Schwarzenegger. It looks like we got a new Titan in Hollywood.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  13. Jan 19, 2011
    I agree on the script. The writers need to shoot themselves in the head. but the movie is AWESOME!!!! Also the actors are good in the movie too. But when hes fighting the guy whom kills the chick guide he jumps dramatically for no reason.
  14. Dec 12, 2013
    With terrible acting, a pathetic script, miserable 3D, a tedious plot and derivative elements, Clash of the Titans hits rock bottom in showing what a movie can be.
  15. Sep 17, 2010
    The biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witchThe biggest problem with this film is the acting, but it didn't stopped it from being a very good film.The special effects are outstanding and this is a big plus because if you don't like the film you can still be amazed by the realisticnes of this special effects and computer animation. But i didn't liked the film because of that but because it tells you about the Greek mythology, witch to me is all I need. Sure, it has got bad acting, and is a little cheesy but it is still a good film. Not great but also not bad movie. Solid Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2012
    Pretty good visual effects don't make up for it's cruddy story and writing.
  17. Apr 13, 2011
    It's a shame that Sam Worthington comes across as so terribly humourless in this movie. Ultimately distinguished from the other warriors only by his incongruous buzz cut and beardless aspect, Sam's Perseus grimaces his way through every scene; his accent (now Australian, now American, now - gasp! - English) was the only unpredictable thing about his performance. Had he appeared to beIt's a shame that Sam Worthington comes across as so terribly humourless in this movie. Ultimately distinguished from the other warriors only by his incongruous buzz cut and beardless aspect, Sam's Perseus grimaces his way through every scene; his accent (now Australian, now American, now - gasp! - English) was the only unpredictable thing about his performance. Had he appeared to be enjoying himself, perhaps we would have too. As it was, the movie seemed like a randomly strung-together sequence of tenuously related events overseen by Perseus' perpetually frowning visage, culminating in a not-terribly-engaging monster battle. Expand
  18. JivanA.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I seriously liked the movie, It was a good family film, and decent plot for something so preposterous. Highly enjoyable, but you should go into it knowing it's an action film.
  19. Aug 27, 2010
    This movie rocks!! It's far from perfect, with bad writing and acting, but its still awesome!! It's full of nonstop action, adventure, CGI effects, and fantasy. A great tribute to the films of Ray Harrihaussen. The critics and the haters don't understand that its just a big, dumb, epic action spectacular!!
  20. Aug 14, 2010
    COTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggest dissapointment. Thankfully, it features some enjoyable fight scenes, and of course, a great turn by Ralph Fiennes as Hades. Which by far, is easily theCOTT was underwhelming, and I expected more out of it. With such problems as one-note characters, some very dull dialogue, an anti-climatic plot, and an ending with no pay-off whatsoever, COTT cements its place for this year's biggest dissapointment. Thankfully, it features some enjoyable fight scenes, and of course, a great turn by Ralph Fiennes as Hades. Which by far, is easily the best thing about this film. I give it a 5/10. Expand
  21. AndreiB.
    Apr 2, 2010
    I've wanted to see this movie since November. My father told me all about it and the old movie back in 1981. I got so interested that I watched the trailers of this movie countless times. Well, I'm going to watch it today and I'm excited! Thank you.
  22. Aug 13, 2010
    This is one of those films that you go into not expecting to be funny, but then you laugh so hard because it is so bad!!!
    Well, to start with the story: it is totally ridiculous and not according to the myths. Well, the basic story is, but it's been so Hollywoodised and twisted that it just makes no sense.
    The dialogue is soooo thin that you can see through it and the plot more wholes than Swiss cheese. It's just a plain stupid film, but it definitely has interesting action scenes and some impressive visual effects. Surely, it will entertain (hence the 5), but it will give you nothing else. It's a film you watch and are entertained during it, but afterwards you just don't care to ever think about it again.
  23. Mar 25, 2011
    THIS MOVIE TOPS THE F*****G LIST-IT BYPASSES THE LAME ORIGINAL BY A LONG SHOT. I SAW IT 2 TIMES BECAUSE I LOVED IT SO MUCH. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST 2010 MOVIES
  24. Apr 30, 2011
    Clash of the Titans takes Greek mythology, Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, giant scorpions and Medusa and manages to make them all boring. There was almost nothing to enjoy in this movie, even the action felt largely dull. An underwhelming disappointment and I sincerely hope that the proposed sequel is much, much better than this mess.
  25. Sep 25, 2011
    The movie was so obvious, I just retreated to my house from the theaters.
  26. May 20, 2011
    I really enjoyed this movie. Hades was awesome, and so was much of the rest, especially Medusa. The CGI was incredible. There was not a boring second in the entire movie. Simply fantastic.
  27. Oct 27, 2010
    a very shallow film that is action packed with some nice visuals . the original was better as it usaully goes with remakes . they basically trimmed out more story for more CGI. its a ok film but forgettable .
  28. Sep 21, 2010
    Bad movie. I wasn't expecting more than a plotless, full of random action movie and still, i was disappointed. The characters are poorly made, the plot, well, there is none, and the fight scenes (the only thing I actually hoped to have had some quality) were simple and unrealistic.
  29. Aug 29, 2010
    Clash of the Titans is probably the worst movie of the year with a pretty bad script that doesn't even relate with Greek Gods as it should. Not only that but the acting of Sam Worthington is pretty bland for a hero that we must suppose to like and support. The movie definitely has the high productions of visuals and sound, but that's just not enough to ignore the fact the movie never seemsClash of the Titans is probably the worst movie of the year with a pretty bad script that doesn't even relate with Greek Gods as it should. Not only that but the acting of Sam Worthington is pretty bland for a hero that we must suppose to like and support. The movie definitely has the high productions of visuals and sound, but that's just not enough to ignore the fact the movie never seems to have a truly exciting moment or an emotional one. You just simply wait for something interesting to happen, and when you think it will, it fails to make an impact on you. And in terms of its mythology that is based on, it frankly uses it badly by re-creating visually the gods badly with pathetic costumes and situations that just don't seem to fit very well. Expand
  30. Oct 30, 2010
    This movie has really entertaining action, really good CGI, and somewhat good lines. The acting is meh, Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson definitely stand out. And the ending, with the kraken, It was good, but way too short. It took maybe 5 minutes to rise from the depths of the ocean, and 3 minutes to die. But it's an entertaining movie.
  31. Nov 19, 2010
    Clash of the Titans : Clash of the writings, Clash of the actings, Clash of the actions, Clash of the 3D 's, Clash of the critics, Clash of the lovers, Clash of the haters. Clash of the reviews.
  32. Oct 6, 2010
    While the 3D was poorly done, I still thought the movie was decent, and that means a lot coming from someone who's not a big fan of movies based on Greek mythology.
  33. Oct 15, 2010
    The tone of the film is inconsistent and bothersome. At times it takes itself far too seriously, and then the next scene will have over-the-top scenery chewing. Thankfully I saw it in 2D because everyone I know who saw it in 3D said it was unwatchable. And I'm not really on board the Sam Worthington train having not been terribly impressed with his performance here or in "Avatar."
  34. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare the two versions, but heres my review It wasn't that good Things are a bit rushed throughout. We see Perseus with his family for barely 5 minutes and then they're dead. Pegasus appears only twice: once to introduce him and the second for Perseus to ride him. Theres no bond signifyed between the two, so we can't believe in their companionship like we would Ash and Pikachu Gemma Artertons character is basically summed up as "Appear, dispense wisdom, dissapeer, repeat above until tedioum sets in, make googley eyes with Sam Worthington, flee from scorpions, die, resurrection" and shes Perseus' love interest. Andromeda shared less scenes with Perseus, and I felt more of a connection between their characters. And Andromeda and Perseus are meant to be together! Ignoring that is like having Guenivere go with Merlin instead of King Arthur. The Djinn. Unimpressive. They were cool characters, but seriously, they reminded me of Seamus from Family Guy. They were tree men! Scorpions. Pretty cool, and I liked the Djinn riding them and the two guys fashioning a scorpion shield for Perseus. Medusa. I liked how her snake physicallities extended from just her hair to her being part snake. But thats all I liked about her, really. The rest, her firing arrows, toying with prey, just meh for me. The Kraken! Talk about unimpressive. I watched an episode of Better Off Ted the day before, where they named a piece of meat they were growing Blobby. When I saw the Kraken, the name Blobby just stuck in my mind. Zeus' armour. Seriously? Sparkly like Edward Cullen? Boo! Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always, as the evil Hades (thats who he was, right?) but the black tornado look when he first appears in Argos is crap The robot owl was a nice throwaway gag. The guy who convinced citizens of Argos to sacrifice Andromeda, he gets my award for "Biggest **** of the film" simply for being annoying and having the ugliest look since, well, ugly All in all, Good in places, but the bad points outweigh the good. Expand
  35. Jul 3, 2011
    Big budget fantasy adventure let down by a poor script, poor acting and a waste of the talents of Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Will appeal to anybody who like the action thick and CGI heavy but it's predictable nonsense that get monotonous about half way through, prepare for the inevitable sequel.
  36. May 23, 2011
    If you look at the two latest Hollywood takes on Greek mythology (Percy Jackson and this snorefest built around epic cliches), Clash of the Titans may be set closer to the period. The wonderful talent carrying it were wasted by a script that's obviously trying too hard. It has nothing to boast but spectacular visual flash. But what I discovered here is that there is range in SamIf you look at the two latest Hollywood takes on Greek mythology (Percy Jackson and this snorefest built around epic cliches), Clash of the Titans may be set closer to the period. The wonderful talent carrying it were wasted by a script that's obviously trying too hard. It has nothing to boast but spectacular visual flash. But what I discovered here is that there is range in Sam Worthington's acting. If he wants to keep up the claims that he'll become the next Russell Crowe, he should go more to dramas than in epics that give no damn to mood and character. Expand
  37. Dec 18, 2011
    There is so much potential in Greek mythology for a great movie but this is boring and the action lame. I never cared for any of the characters or events in this film and ended up rolling my eyes through most of the drama. Sam Worthington is only one step above a horrible actor. Clash of the Titans is disappointing and a missed opportunity.
  38. CRL
    Aug 14, 2011
    This is what happens when a film depends too much on CGI. Mediocre acting, a mediocre plot, and too many deviations from the actual mythology makes Clash of the Titans and utterly underwhelming hour and a half.
  39. Oct 16, 2011
    Just awful. Terrible acting, poor script and story. I like the Desmond Davis film so was looking forward to this but it failed on every level. Even actors you can normally rely upon struggle to lift this dire excuse for a film (Leeson, Postlethwaite, Fiennes). The only positive thing I can think of is that Gemma Arterton is stunning in this movie. I guess the effects are OK too but nothingJust awful. Terrible acting, poor script and story. I like the Desmond Davis film so was looking forward to this but it failed on every level. Even actors you can normally rely upon struggle to lift this dire excuse for a film (Leeson, Postlethwaite, Fiennes). The only positive thing I can think of is that Gemma Arterton is stunning in this movie. I guess the effects are OK too but nothing special. Expand
  40. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie may not of had the best story but the action sequences kicked ass!!! there were moments were you literally feel like jumping into the movie to punch the hell out of the monsters LMAO and just one thing is this movie totally eclipses 90% of other movie climaxes THE KRAKEN!! Big Budget Blockbusters FTW!!!
  41. Mar 26, 2012
    terribly stupid badbadbadbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. nver seen such a stupid corny movie
  42. Jan 2, 2012
    The film benefits from cool action and great special effects but there aren't enough of those things to actually save the film because it lacks adventure and strong performances. I give this movie 33%.
  43. Dec 25, 2011
    It was ok. The acting was far below what I expected, Especially from their A-list cast. Also everyone seemed really out of place, It didnt feel like a movie taking place in ancient times. The only person who really fit perfectly was Mads Mikkelsen, He stood out to me for some reason. The action was average and is never good nor bad.

Overall it was just a pointless remake that does

Overall it was just a pointless remake that does nothing but prove just because its newer doesnt mean its better.
  44. Dec 13, 2011
    How dare they? I don't understand who allows these things into the theaters. Am I the only one that was tricked by the awesome trailer with the excellent music and exciting STABBING scorpions? Shame on me, right?

Sam Worthington was the champion for this movie. Coming off of Avatar, and from his (the only good) performance in Terminator: Salvation, I was ready to believe he was a rising star. But no, this was just a paycheck for him. For us, it was a series of poor edits, miscellaneous adventurous montages, sub-par set design, and the highest build-up for the least satisfying "Release the Kraken" line I have ever heard. Liam Neison, how could you?

The sole, sparkling moment in that 106 minute tale of darkness is when a strange, crystalline creature (...what?) explodes, predator style. Unfortunately, he explodes to no avail, but that is beside the point. It was hilarious. He removes himself from the generic tale the best way any of us could, the self destruct button. He alone sustains this movies 1 rating....How dare they?
  45. Mar 30, 2012
    Horrible movie, is really boring, the screenplay terrible, have good effects, but a terrible 3D, I think that Wrath of the Titans is better than this part.
  46. Mar 25, 2012
    To put it simply Clash of the Titan is horrible film. Acting was so bad people on sci fi movies would have done better. Visuals are disgraceful and story is nonexistent. Why would anybody make a film like this, oh is it because of the money. FYI the movie was a flop at the box office. RELEASE THE KRACKEN. HOW STUPID.
  47. MarkG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this Dont' expect too much because April is now the start of the summer movie season. But that being said I did enjoy this movie and I would see it again. People sometimes have to much to say regarding all the aspects of the movie making process when they judge a movie. So here's my advice ... if you like adventure movies based on some historical themes or mytholical ideas then this may be your type of movie. Just accept it as a fun movie that could have been better. I think that it was not worth the harsh reviews that some have given it. If you are looking for something deeper or full of more action then you may be a little disappointed. If you like "summer popcorn flicks" then rejoice because this is just the start of the season. Was somewhat different than the original but no one really wants a remake to be exactly the same. I would give this movie a 7.2 out of 10. Expand
  48. ChuckT
    Apr 2, 2010
    A good action film with good special effects. Yes if you see it in 3D you will be disappointed, but watching it normally its a great film, and much better then some films I've seen lately.
  49. JosephK
    Apr 22, 2010
    I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and evil on the Greek pantheon. Hades wasn't evil, he was just gloomy. I feel like the script was written at the time of the original Clash of the I hated the original, and the remake was worse! I wish I could force the next director of a sword and sandals epic featuring the Olympians to read "Beyond Good and Evil" so that they might try to stop imposing Christian concepts of good and evil on the Greek pantheon. Hades wasn't evil, he was just gloomy. I feel like the script was written at the time of the original Clash of the Titans by a twelve year old kid who loved to play Dungeons & Dragons: I want giant scorpions! and jinn! flying monkeys, no flying gargoyles! Expand
  50. AlistairV.
    Apr 3, 2010
    "Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also being rather mean spirited. It seems to be championing atheism and/or humanism in such a dogmatic manner that it rather bludgeons you over the head "Clash of the Titans" is just like every summer blockbuster ever to be released in the last ten years: boring, shallow, and really rather dull. It concentrates on style over substance. However, "Clash" has the distinct disadvantage of also being rather mean spirited. It seems to be championing atheism and/or humanism in such a dogmatic manner that it rather bludgeons you over the head with it. All the people who want to pray to the gods are seen as insane zealots and Perseus, who refuses to pray, himself, is seen as a stronger individual because of it. Also, I really didn't know who to sympathize with through the entire film. I know I was supposed to be rooting for Perseus, but I was very much sympathetic toward Hades's plight. I wasn't supposed to be, but I was. Rather like, G.I. Joe or Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I found myself rooting for the bad guys half the time, partially just because the good guys are so bloody irritating. Only, in "Clash," it's even worse, because, the only relatable characters on the "good" side are killed off before the final battle! And, this may be a cheap shot, but just about everyone except Perseus looks like some slightly less aged form of Mickey Rourke. This movie is not worth your time. Don't bother. Expand
  51. DanO
    Apr 4, 2010
    What can I say? I went to see people fighting mythological creatures where CGI was used to make it prettier... I wasn't let down for a second. I guess I'm confused, how does one recycled plot CGI movie that abuses the technique with smurf people get rave reviews over a movie that uses a recycled plot with CGI with mythological creatures? Your guess is as good as mine.
  52. DylanB.
    Apr 4, 2010
    I don't care what anyone says, I loved it and that's all that matters to me. Awesome!
  53. ArnoldR
    Apr 4, 2010
    Epicly disappointing! Two of the three major sequences (Three Witches & Medusa) were not improvements over the original. Pegasus is (basically) written out of the story. Only the Kracken sequence is what audiences expect, and it comes during the final ten minutes of the film. Skip the 3-D, which is boring and not worth the extra $.
  54. KeithG
    Apr 4, 2010
    Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, Stunned at how many critics have failed to see what this film is : a fun, action-packed, CGI tip of the hat to older movies such as the "Sinbads", "Jason and the Argonauts", the old "Clash", etc. And as someone who loved those movies growing up, I appreciate this salute. This film is exactly what it advertises to be. Critics seemed to be expecting a cutting-edge, dramatically complex, epic. Take it for what it's meant to be. A fun time, nice CGI effects, and a great nostalgic feel. I've seen it twice, in 2-D and 3-D. 3-D is a complete waste and a horrible conversion. 2-D actually made the film more entertaining. Expand
  55. BobW
    Apr 5, 2010
    Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in Why is everyone saying this movie sucks? It's so much better than that joke of a movie Avatar. Seriously, the plot is brilliant. In fact its key word, "ALMOST" Better than Transformers plot. That plot was brilliant. All they really needed was for Megan Fox to strip and then this movie would blow any movie out of the water. Don't go in there with any expectations. In fact, go in there high or drunk and you will realise what im talking about. Only really two words to describe this movie: FREAKEN AMAZING!!! Expand
  56. Sausage
    Apr 5, 2010
    Jake sully tackles the gods in his next voyage after Navi...Oh...wait...?? I think Ive witnessed better acting from a plank!!!
  57. PaulBy
    Apr 5, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but it looked like he was acting the same part (aussie action guy!), didnt even bother wearing a wig! - you could have started the movie with him time Don't get me wrong, i love CGI action epics, even if they have a cheezy storyline..... so i ignored any bad reviews of this - but please heed my warning, this movie is terrible. Worthington is awefull - i kinda liked him terminator, but it looked like he was acting the same part (aussie action guy!), didnt even bother wearing a wig! - you could have started the movie with him time traveling from the future into ancient greece, thats how out of place he seemed throughout the movie. The same goes for his felmale sidekick, who is superfluous, and appears to be in their as eye candy/ love interest. You could have removed both characters, and the movie would have been better - the supporting warriors put in a much more convincing show than any of the lead characters. It's so badly edited, the movie jumps all over the place, half the time it doesnt explain enogh, other times the characters explain too much..... yes Perseus is the son of a god, we get it ...stop saying the word demigod every five minuites... aargh! For the first time in a long time i was looking at my watch in the cinema, and wanting the movie to hurry up. If i had to use one word to describe it it is BORING... other reviewers have said this and i couldnt undersatand how this movie could be, ... but please believe me it actually is. Even the great CGI, and awesome Kraken in the endscene couldnt save this absolutre stinker of a movie. Expand
  58. MZ
    Apr 5, 2010
    I'll vote this for worst story of 2010. Sucked from the beginning till the end. Bad costumes, storyline and action scene.
  59. ScottH
    Apr 9, 2010
    Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Medusa's death is 90% wrong. Not to mention Medusa is supposed to be ugly as shit, not kinda hot like she is in the movie. The climax is a guy Not only was this movie terrible from an enjoyment view point. It was ripe with inaccuracies. Zeus sporting armour and a brown beard???? Hades doesn't have wings and wears a headdress, but the movie said so. The process leading up to Medusa's death is 90% wrong. Not to mention Medusa is supposed to be ugly as shit, not kinda hot like she is in the movie. The climax is a guy walking up stairs. I was going into this movie because it looked like it was going to be good. I could not have been more disappointed. Expand
  60. thenitabomber
    Apr 9, 2010
    If you are the looking for the original clash of the titans then go watch it. this was a decent re-imagining of the original. i could not think of a better job than what was done with it. i could hate on this movie for hours but i found it an entertaining movie. save a couple of bucks on the 3d and just go see the 2d. nothing will ever beat harryhausen so there is no comparison to the original.
  61. DickS.
    Apr 1, 2010
    Epic story, over condensed, with too much focus on action that quite frankly sucked. This movie was terrible. I expected it to be less than good going in, and was still very disappointed. The 3D was nothing special either.
  62. Z.P.
    Apr 1, 2010
    great movie, simply awsome, with spectacular special effects and story. Recomended
  63. MikhailR
    Apr 2, 2010
    Excellent source material, but it still didn't deliver. The only reason I saw this was to see Liam Neeson be his awesome self, yet he was barely in the movie. In the end it inspired me to hurry up and beat God of War 2 so I can play God of War 3. On a side note I would have much perfered 1hr55min of Liam Neeson breathing and repeating "Release the Krackin".
  64. AaronL
    Apr 2, 2010
    People really need to see this movie for what it was, a popcorn movie like 300. Everyone seemed to need a smoke after that one and it was almost the same deal. It was a good action movie with pretty good acting even though the ending was a little quick and the movie was shorter than expected. I do recommend it to people.
  65. C.R.L
    Apr 23, 2010
    While it is not as good as it could have been or should have been "Clash of the titans" is no more and no less fun. It's a good way to kill almost two hours if you want to.
  66. RadostinR
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hello. I apologize for my bad English but I decided to write to you. You can not deny that deal well with the effects in movies, but I can not agree with the fact that falsify history and mythology. You Americans let distort human values and history. Read the legend of Perseus. Why did you make this stupid movie.Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not Hello. I apologize for my bad English but I decided to write to you. You can not deny that deal well with the effects in movies, but I can not agree with the fact that falsify history and mythology. You Americans let distort human values and history. Read the legend of Perseus. Why did you make this stupid movie.Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not true. Why? Thoughts that you can replace the facts. All films on historical themes and mythology are skewed. These are the 300 and Clash of the Titans and the legend of the Golden Fleece, for Odysseus, the Trojan War and the Roman Empire. All movies that you Americans have created fake facts. Why do you allow to falsify mythology. All your movies (American) are not true. Why? Thoughts that you can replace the facts. All films on historical themes and mythology are skewed. These are the 300 and Clash of the Titans and the legend of the Golden Fleece, for Odysseus, the Trojan War to the Roman Empire of Alexander and Macedonians. All movies that you Americans have created fake facts. This nonsense that you distribute. For what do you think. How long? Can you write more but will stop. Please do something real. Do not you see that your children learn so wrong. Expand
  67. jasong.
    Apr 2, 2010
    Avoid this movie ive only given it 1 because of the special effects which you've already seen on the trailer wooden acting boring terrible story the 80s version wasn't perfect but it has at least a bit of charm and made for a minuscule amount.oh year if you are dumb enough to watch this movie like me don't go to a 3d showing why?because it isent in so called digital 3d this Avoid this movie ive only given it 1 because of the special effects which you've already seen on the trailer wooden acting boring terrible story the 80s version wasn't perfect but it has at least a bit of charm and made for a minuscule amount.oh year if you are dumb enough to watch this movie like me don't go to a 3d showing why?because it isent in so called digital 3d this was obviously not filmed with 3d in mind and they just tacked it on so they could make extra money poor movie not really in 3d rip off. Expand
  68. JadaD.
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you enjoy an action movie with no plot that makes absolutely no sense, go see this movie. I can't recall the last time I paid to see a film this bad, normally waiting until they come out on DVD. Even with low expectations, I was upset at the quality of the story.
  69. CharlieC
    Apr 2, 2010
    If you're a fan of Greek mythos than this movie is for you. Yes it is a bit cheesy (the original takes the cake on thatcthough) and it is very driven by it's big names. My favorite was ralph fiennes who was an amazing hades. Great CGI though, it's getting much more easy to swallow as it looks more and more realistic. Medusa and the kraken rocked. Check it out you might like it.
  70. KyleB
    Apr 3, 2010
    Even though this movie has epic visual effects the story is choppy and the dialogue is very 1 dimensional. Sam Worthington is a terrific actor but unfortunately he isn't given much room to showcase his abilities. This movie was a huge disappointment. Don't waste your money folks... you'll kick yourself after wards.
  71. JasenH.
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was a fan of the original film. I enjoyed the plot and fx in this iteration. Went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
  72. DanL.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Horrible, absolutely horrible. I love the original, its one of my favorite movies, I still love the original to this day. I do not know why filmakers want to delibertly destroy a classic.
  73. PatrickP
    Apr 3, 2010
    This movie is the ultimate popcorn flick, full of action and light on talk. If you come here expecting lots of action, you'll get it in spades. If you are expecting a masterpiece, expect to be disappointed.
  74. EI
    Apr 3, 2010
    What a waste of 1.5hours of my life which I will never get back. Apparently the writers never gave any thought in creating a story that keeps the audience interested. Special effects can only do so much. Oh i wished the people who created/wrote/directed the God of War trilogy made a movie that does justice to the great Greek mythological stories we read as a kid.
  75. DallasT.
    Apr 3, 2010
    I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like I don't know what movie these people thought they were going to see? I saw the movie that I thought I was going to see and it was good (like going to Hot Tub and expecting Shakespeare...not). If you liked the old one then "do not miss" this version. I don't think it is worth the extra few bucks for the 3D version. Some of the 3D effects were even distracting and looked like blurry screw-ups at times. Expand
  76. PineappleMummy
    Apr 3, 2010
    Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this Well, I think it's a good film. I've never watched the original Clash of the Titans but I enjoyed this movie. Although there are some points that isn't elaborated much in the film (such as the chemistry between Io and Perseus) and the mythologically incorrect scenes (where Perseus should be with Andromeda, rather than with Io, if I may remember correctly), I believe this movie is a good and enjoyable one. Perhaps the only thing that keeps bothering me is Sam's thin haired head - that was so distinct compared to other "hairy" characters - that he had during T4 and Avatar (and now, in CotT). Expand
  77. DonnieB
    Apr 3, 2010
    My favorite movie critic, Confused Matthew, once said, "A movie does not have to be good in order for you to like it." That is how I felt about this movie. I enjoyed watching this movie, but it was not good. First of all, our protagonist, Placebo (ok Perceus, but he's so bland and useless, he may as well be a placebo) was a sorry excuse for a protagonist. He had no personality and no My favorite movie critic, Confused Matthew, once said, "A movie does not have to be good in order for you to like it." That is how I felt about this movie. I enjoyed watching this movie, but it was not good. First of all, our protagonist, Placebo (ok Perceus, but he's so bland and useless, he may as well be a placebo) was a sorry excuse for a protagonist. He had no personality and no likeable traits that make the movie watcher like it. The character Lo, the leading lady, did a terrible acting job and everything about her character screamed "plot conveinence". She only spoke to explain the plot. The gods were lifeless and bland. The soldiers did a really good job and I really liked them. However, they only got 5 seconds of screen time and were either killed or disappeared from the story. The bright side was the graphics, the different gods and creatures looked phenominal, but again all good things in this movie only last 5 seconds. It was entertaining, but not good. It looks like they will try to make a sequel, but there's no reason to look foward to it! Expand
  78. SamLed
    Apr 3, 2010
    The acting in this movie was good. The action was pretty cool. Thats about it. The story was dull, in my opinion, it could have had more kick to it, either be a little more original, or have some different circumstances. But nonetheless, the film overall wasn't particularly bad. But wasn't that good either. If you haven't seen this movie, have it as a last resort to the The acting in this movie was good. The action was pretty cool. Thats about it. The story was dull, in my opinion, it could have had more kick to it, either be a little more original, or have some different circumstances. But nonetheless, the film overall wasn't particularly bad. But wasn't that good either. If you haven't seen this movie, have it as a last resort to the movies you want to see. Expand
  79. ChrisR.
    Apr 3, 2010
    Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene Better then I expected! Walked into the theater expecting a cheesy 300-copying popcorn flick, but it turned out to be an alright action movie. The movie progresses at a non-stop breakneck speed, so don't expect much downtime between action scenes and the story isn't all that complicated. The acting is fine, Sam Worthington plays his part surprisingly well, and the Kraken scene feels larger then life. My only complaint, why did they make the gods where the most cheesy ridiculous shiny sparkly outfits, they look completely stupid! Oh, and one of the characters is made out of twigs and communicates in grunts... kinda weird. But overall I enjoyed it, and if you scratch below the surface you'll find there's a surprising amount of depth to it as well! Expand
  80. RobW
    Apr 3, 2010
    Not what I had hoped. This movie was not the 3d specticle that I thought it would be. I like the original much better.
  81. MatP
    Apr 4, 2010
    The trailer set my expectations, and the feature met them. Entertaining popcorn action. Just needed more distorted guitars, and less clothes on Arterton.
  82. MartinR
    Apr 4, 2010
    Worst. Movie. Ever. Not only does this film annoyingly alter Greek mythology beyond all recognition; the Clash of the Titans features no actual clashing Titans. Instead it provides the Gorgon Medusa and a very altered version of Keto that they dubbed 'Kraken' - neither creature doing much more than killing off the hairy-bearded-man-fodder that this movie seems to have in high Worst. Movie. Ever. Not only does this film annoyingly alter Greek mythology beyond all recognition; the Clash of the Titans features no actual clashing Titans. Instead it provides the Gorgon Medusa and a very altered version of Keto that they dubbed 'Kraken' - neither creature doing much more than killing off the hairy-bearded-man-fodder that this movie seems to have in high supply. Furthermore the plot was trite, clichéd, and the acting subpar to the point of distraction. Which is sad considering the number of fantastic actors that they had in the movie (Gemma Arterton anyone?). If you don't mind watching an easily predictable and heavily over-foreshadowed sham of a film, this might be the movie for you. (On the bright side, alot of stuff does get smashed) But I, for one, have much more productive things to do with my time... like stare at static or try to lick my elbow. On one final note; the 3D version that I spent 13.50 to see sported more 3D during its previews than in the entire showing. I miss Avatar already. Expand
  83. BlairN
    Apr 4, 2010
    Wonderful retelling of a classic 80s flick. The cast all do a phenomenal job. The environments are clever and diverse, and the action sequences are paced wonderfully. Bonus points for having Liam Neeson as Zeus. If anyone has even the smallest interest in Greek Mythology, God of War, or basically Fantasy Fiction in general, then you will not go wrong with Clash of the Titans!
  84. DonD
    Apr 4, 2010
    Cheesy is the correct the word for this movie. OK...I know the original is not Lord of the Rings, but I do remember the original being fun. The first hour of this movie had me wanting to stick toothpicks in my eyes to keep them open. I was falling a sleep. The funny aspects of the film seemed very forced. Think of the most cheesy 80's buddy cop film and you have the funny bits in Cheesy is the correct the word for this movie. OK...I know the original is not Lord of the Rings, but I do remember the original being fun. The first hour of this movie had me wanting to stick toothpicks in my eyes to keep them open. I was falling a sleep. The funny aspects of the film seemed very forced. Think of the most cheesy 80's buddy cop film and you have the funny bits in this movie...CORNY. The main character is not strong and his speech in the middle of the movie had me laughing. I will say that the special effects are good. Go knowing that you have seen the best parts of this movie in the trailer. It will also remind you of why Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, X-Men and other movies of the type are better. Those movies balance humor, fantasy and action into a good movie. This director needs to watch those movies and learn. Expand
  85. KeijiM
    Apr 4, 2010
    Its a boring movie. A list actors and effects, with C rank action. Kept dozing off through out the movie from how dredfully boring it was. No constant average muddled action. No big scenes. Probably one of the most overrated movies for this year. Absolutely terrible.
  86. hc
    Apr 5, 2010
    I was rooting for Medusa and the Krakon. what a waste of story, actors, cgi, even Pegasus. Mind you, I had low expectations going in. No one releases a movie this time of year unless it's pretty crap, but sheesh, Clash had to make a contest of it. Really, the writing/story is where the epic fail spews forth (as with so many movies, it seems)--and it's not even campy good like I was rooting for Medusa and the Krakon. what a waste of story, actors, cgi, even Pegasus. Mind you, I had low expectations going in. No one releases a movie this time of year unless it's pretty crap, but sheesh, Clash had to make a contest of it. Really, the writing/story is where the epic fail spews forth (as with so many movies, it seems)--and it's not even campy good like the original, just plain ole amateur hour. Also, it's really not worth seeing films in 3D that weren't shot/made for 3D----seriously, paying extra bucks to watch a coin flip at me is insulting. what a lame movie all around. Expand
  87. elij.
    Apr 5, 2010
    Louis Leterrier could have made this movie decent if he would have improved the main character and the dialogue. oh well, at least we still have the last great Greek mythology remake to look forward too, Jason and the Argonauts. Trust me its gonna happen, and if they completely ruin that one like they did this one, i will be disappointed.
  88. NeilB
    Apr 5, 2010
    Not very good. They changed the story to match Disney's Hercules.
  89. CalRed
    Apr 5, 2010
    It was ok. We went into this movie with very low expectations. I think if you can look at it from an "over the top" perspective of Greek Mythology you will have fun.
  90. DevonC
    Apr 7, 2010
    As a Big-Budget popcorn blockbuster, the 3D will attract audiences everywhere in North America. But as an epic of Greek mythology. The movie fails in the eyes of the director, writers, producers, special effects artists, and especially cinematographers. This movie is complete at being enjoyable, but is filmmaking at it's worst. Thank god the 3D only lasted less than 2 hours.
  91. ChadS
    Apr 7, 2010
    Dressed in a shiny white tunic, Liam Neeson looks like he'd rather be starring in Robert Greenwald's "Xanadu", but rollerskating isn't an Olympian sport. It's hard to be omnipotent when you're a fashion victim. Laurence Olivier, on the other hand, wore a more befitting tunic(basically, a toga) in the original "Clash of the Titans". He was a God's God. His Dressed in a shiny white tunic, Liam Neeson looks like he'd rather be starring in Robert Greenwald's "Xanadu", but rollerskating isn't an Olympian sport. It's hard to be omnipotent when you're a fashion victim. Laurence Olivier, on the other hand, wore a more befitting tunic(basically, a toga) in the original "Clash of the Titans". He was a God's God. His Zeus wouldn't be caught dead wearing something so gawdy(gawd-y). One look at Zeus, and it's no wonder that Hades(played by Ralph Fiennes, who has enough self-defeating hair outgrowths to be a "Battlefield Earth" extra) thinks he can outsmart his brother. When the Greek people of Argos declare war on the gods, Zeus should handle the insurrection by himself. He's the "Father of Gods and men", after all. Why is he taking advice from Hades? Olivier's Zeus was a badass, a wrathful deity who didn't need the god of the underworld to do his bidding. If you're backtracking to the 1981 Desmond Davis-directed flick, Zeus' expedient, wholly irrational need for vengeance is downright jarring next to the current old(old, old, old, old...) softie interpretation of the all-mighty posed by Neeson, who only accedes to Hades' machinations as a last resort. Like "Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief", the filmmaker contemporizes Zeus. The concerned father doesn't give Persius(Sam Worthington) the keys to the car(chariot), but he does give his son some spending money(a gold coin in order to bribe the ferryman) for his big night out at the bog. While the new "Clash of the Titans" improves on the listless narrative of the original, it's less bold in the sense that it uses a reductionist approach to Greek mythology. Hades is an absolutely extraneous character, but morally ambiguous gods(e.g. Maggie Smith's Thetis) wouldn't sit well with a studio-sanctioned focus group. In the original, the Kraken belongs to Poseidon. If anything, Hades exists, perhaps, for the sole purpose of being a dangerous pet owner. Expand
  92. DamianB
    Apr 7, 2010
    I was very much looking forward to watching this film, having been a fan of the original. Unfortunately although the visual and action sequences were excellent, I felt the passion and emotion of the film didn
  93. fotiosG
    Apr 9, 2010
    It ok but where's bubo the owl? I had higher expectations for this movie, but that what Hollywood is producing for the masses. The movie felt rushed and the actors could have done a better job it seemed as if they all just did've care enough to make it a great movie. Also the story needed to be reedited and could of benefited from addition material.
  94. WillB
    Apr 9, 2010
    Horrible acting and even worse writing. Don't see it. The special effects DO NOT make up for these down falls.
  95. ErikaS
    Apr 9, 2010
    When i saw olympus, it reminded me of hercules. and not to mention, i haven't seen hercules in over 8 years!!! it's called "The Clash of the Titans". where are the titans then? where's the clashing? no. there's no clashing in this movie. there's a head and there's a monster turning into stone. oh wow.. interesting clash of powerful weapons that come from the When i saw olympus, it reminded me of hercules. and not to mention, i haven't seen hercules in over 8 years!!! it's called "The Clash of the Titans". where are the titans then? where's the clashing? no. there's no clashing in this movie. there's a head and there's a monster turning into stone. oh wow.. interesting clash of powerful weapons that come from the sacrifices of women. a very cheesy and boring, unrealistic movie + end. Expand
  96. DavidP.
    Apr 9, 2010
    Well, I liked it. Some of the effects actually gave me the chub. The battle with Medusa only gave me a sconge however, so that was slightly disappointing. Worth seeing in 3D if only for the part where you can clearly see Liam Neeson's heat seeking love missile. If Gemma Arterton got a bit more flesh-generous, two things would have happened - my tally-whacker would have perked right Well, I liked it. Some of the effects actually gave me the chub. The battle with Medusa only gave me a sconge however, so that was slightly disappointing. Worth seeing in 3D if only for the part where you can clearly see Liam Neeson's heat seeking love missile. If Gemma Arterton got a bit more flesh-generous, two things would have happened - my tally-whacker would have perked right up and I would have scored this as a 7 instead of a 6. Let that be a lesson to all of us. Expand
  97. SA.
    May 2, 2010
    The SFX were good but the story was horible and thew last kracken fight was just boring and cheesey just like the rest of the movie. Plus the 3D glasses gave me a headache.
  98. DomoR
    Apr 11, 2010
    Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun Everyone's pissed about the 3D. Well, folks, that's not the film's problem, it's yours...and the studio who cynically bumped up expectations by attempting to cash in on a trend. The fact is the film is incredibly entertaining...and I went to it expecting to hate every minute! Its popcorn fodder of the highest order and no, it doesn't break new ground. But its fun unlike that horrid Avatar that everyone swallowed hook, line and stinker! Expand
  99. GeorgeN
    Apr 11, 2010
    Just the right amount of mythology and action. I was entertained considering what the reviews stated I was pleasantly surprised.
  100. JH
    Apr 10, 2010
    Absolute crap. No 3D, no mythology, no entertainment. They completely ruined the plot, and there's tons of technical errors. You'll feel much more satisfied renting the 1981 original.

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.