7.4

Jul 20, 2006
    Comedic genius. If you're into raunchy, yet smart comedy, this is the flick for you. If you're easily offended, you might want to skip this one. Though, it may be worth it to go see it anyway, just because of the conversations it'll start amongst your friends.
  2. RichU.
    Jul 20, 2006
    Not as good as Clerks, however much better than his other movies! Very funny Movie.
  3. MattA.
    Jul 21, 2006
    Hilarious movie. Great if you saw the first one and loved the characters. One of the funniest movies i have seen in such a long time. ... a bit too emotional at times... but it had to be done i guess.
  4. MikeL.
    Jul 21, 2006
    Never saw the previous Clerks, but this on sure worked for me. A zany mix of characters you care about, wonderfully "dirty" & "smutty" comedy...and then social commentary and heart.
  5. JoeR.
    Funny as hell.
  6. BlaineB.
    My new favorite movie!
  7. IsaacG.
    Jul 22, 2006
    Clerks II was one of the awesomest movies ever and it appealed to me on may different levels. 1) The soundtrack rocked. All of the music fit with the scenes (the "ABC" scene rocked!) and it was great to hear music I remember in a movie. 2)It was hilarious....There are too many times to count when I laughed out loud in the theater (and those around me did too) and I dont usually burst out Clerks II was one of the awesomest movies ever and it appealed to me on may different levels. 1) The soundtrack rocked. All of the music fit with the scenes (the "ABC" scene rocked!) and it was great to hear music I remember in a movie. 2)It was hilarious....There are too many times to count when I laughed out loud in the theater (and those around me did too) and I dont usually burst out in movies. 3)I could relate to the story personally, and Kevin Smith really brought that kind of situation into light the way it happens in real life. Kudos! 4)The acting was spectacular! Brian OHalloran (Dante) and Jeff Anderson (Randall) did an awesome job as well as Rosario Dawson (Becky)!! What an all around good movie (for those of age)! Expand
  8. RustyS.
    Jul 22, 2006
    Lived up to the task of being a sequel to Clerks in every way. Greatest film i've seen in years!
  9. DanK.
    Jul 22, 2006
    Warning: This movie is very vulgar. But with that said, if you can handle that, this is a very funny movie. And also the foul language is what makes the jokes work as oppesed to just being there for no reason. Just as funny as the first one.
  10. MarcD.
    Jul 23, 2006
    I laughed my ass off during this movie. In much the same way that I did during the first one. Let me make one thing clear. If you're a fan and you don't stay until the VERY END OF THE CREDITS, you're an idiot. The 6 people in my theater of about 600 who stayed until the end had a great time with a pretty amazing conclusion. I can't wait until I get it on DVD so I can I laughed my ass off during this movie. In much the same way that I did during the first one. Let me make one thing clear. If you're a fan and you don't stay until the VERY END OF THE CREDITS, you're an idiot. The 6 people in my theater of about 600 who stayed until the end had a great time with a pretty amazing conclusion. I can't wait until I get it on DVD so I can slow it down and truly take it all in. Expand
  11. ChristopherH.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Great movie, best comedy of the year.
  12. BillyS.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Nothing much has changed in the lives of the original Clerks cast and 10 years later they've come to realize that they've really got just about all they need anyway, they're just older, but thankfully funnier!! The only thing different this time is it's in color and it's playing at the megaplex instead of the little art house, and oh yeah, this one has Jay's Nothing much has changed in the lives of the original Clerks cast and 10 years later they've come to realize that they've really got just about all they need anyway, they're just older, but thankfully funnier!! The only thing different this time is it's in color and it's playing at the megaplex instead of the little art house, and oh yeah, this one has Jay's HILARIOUS take on The Silence of the Lambs which is two minutes of comedy heaven!!!! Kevin Smith hasn't made a sequel to a classic, he's just made a classic update. Expand
  13. DannK.
    Jul 23, 2006
    A truly enjoyable and laugh-out-loud comedy. Certainly, it pushes the bounds of the R-Rating, but that's what you'd expect from any Kevin Smith work featuring Jey & Silent Bob within the film. I left with a good feeling that the Clerks franchise has been concluded well.
  14. BrianM.
    Jul 24, 2006
    Lovable characters, both returning and new, along with a deceptively clever plot make Clerks 2 a hilarious good time with a strong emotional resonance with the targeted audience.
  15. Ryencoke
    Jul 24, 2006
    Probably the funniest movie I have ever seen, I was nearly crying in the theater because I was laughing so hard. Just hilarious, go see it.
  16. GregJ.
    Jul 25, 2006
    There is no possible way that this movie deserves any rating but a ten. Clerks 2 is easily my favorite kevin smith movie. It brought what clerks 1 lacked. The ABC scene was unforgetable as well as Jays impression of buffalo bill. I also never thought i would laugh at "inter species erotica." Great film. Dont see this movie if you canot appreciate dirty humor. Because smith brings alot of There is no possible way that this movie deserves any rating but a ten. Clerks 2 is easily my favorite kevin smith movie. It brought what clerks 1 lacked. The ABC scene was unforgetable as well as Jays impression of buffalo bill. I also never thought i would laugh at "inter species erotica." Great film. Dont see this movie if you canot appreciate dirty humor. Because smith brings alot of it in clerks 2. Elias is hilarious and i hope smith puts him in some of the new movies. This is a must see. I strongly recomend. Go see it!! Expand
  17. MarkP.
    Jul 25, 2006
    Some of what I'd read in the critics reviews was true: too much Randall shaking his head and being a scold, some unnecessary scenes (the driving around), a few other things. And yet, when I walked out of the theater, it all felt exactly right. Snappy, thoughtful dialogue, excellent new characters (Elias = hilarious, Dawson = luminous), and just the right touch of nostalgia and Some of what I'd read in the critics reviews was true: too much Randall shaking his head and being a scold, some unnecessary scenes (the driving around), a few other things. And yet, when I walked out of the theater, it all felt exactly right. Snappy, thoughtful dialogue, excellent new characters (Elias = hilarious, Dawson = luminous), and just the right touch of nostalgia and emotion. The Star Wars-LOTR scene was geek-heaven. Though unlike the first movie in many ways, this film is its perfect partner. And if you have to be warned about the foul language, disturbing content, and various and sundry other dangers of a Kevin Smith film with Jay & Silent Bob, well, you probably shouldn't go. Collapse
  18. ReelWorld
    Jul 26, 2006
    Underneath the foul language lies a movie that has a solid heart. KS has managed to infuse the same sentimental flair used in Jersey Girl (which despite the bombastic critics hailing the Bennifer angle and crucifying the film in reviews) was actually not bad. Clerks 2 plays out in a similar vein to JG, but with a lot more crass dialogue. [***SPOILERS***] To some, this may come across as Underneath the foul language lies a movie that has a solid heart. KS has managed to infuse the same sentimental flair used in Jersey Girl (which despite the bombastic critics hailing the Bennifer angle and crucifying the film in reviews) was actually not bad. Clerks 2 plays out in a similar vein to JG, but with a lot more crass dialogue. [***SPOILERS***] To some, this may come across as totally offensive- but in my opinion, Clerks 2 is probably the best film I have seen so far this summer. I found myself almost hurting from laughing so much. From the what has become a standard Star Wars references to the antics of Jay and Silent Bob, to even the "interspecies erotica" scene that forced Joel Siegel to walk out of the film, the movie is chock a block with laughs. What makes this film a winner though is that despite the crude humor, there is a real heart to the film and one that people can relate to. Anybody who has nurtured a friendship over a long time and was faced with the prospect of that friendship ending due to various circumstances (ie: in the film, Dante is leaving for Florida) will relate to the movie. Great cameos by all the regulars of Smith's films (I was stunned to see Affleck appear in a tiny role) and some truly inventive new characters (Elias is utterly priceless! Pillowpants!!) Anyone who enjoyed Smith's earlier works will no doubt love this movie. For anyone who is offended by foul language, drug use, bestiality or the like - I'd suggest going to see something else. Definately not a film for everyone, but if you fall into the category of Kevin Smith fan - this is a must-see! DEFINATELY NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 18....The R-rating is WELL deserved!! Expand
  19. Mase
    Jul 29, 2006
    Kevin Smith is clearly back in his element, easily the funniest movie of the summer. Often gutbusting funny, of all the sequals playing this summer these characters are the most refreshing to see again.
  20. Bjorn
    Jul 30, 2006
    Incridible funny and mature. Everything that Jersey gril wanted to be. Very dirty and very funny. Worth the money to see.
  21. Spongeee
    Aug 3, 2006
    Since both movies really have nothing to do with each other, there is no need to compare. This was a great movie with a more heartfelt touch then the first Clerks. Randall is the best...he inspired me on how to deal with ahole customers...well done!
  22. JosephN.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Unbelievably good. I was very suprised to see that ksmith could create such a perfect sequel to the original. its amazing after 10 years since Clerks hit the theatres that these characters still relate to the everyday man. God I love Jay and Silent Bob!
  23. MichaelB.
    Aug 6, 2006
    Loved it so much I saw it twice in the first weekend. While it really can't compare to the pure excellence that is the first Clerks, it is a great sequel and shouldn't disappoint all but a small margin of Kevin Smith fans.
  24. MattD.
    Aug 9, 2006
    This movie is good for everyone, and it even has a heart to it. Kevin Smith is back, with witty dialogue and a central storyline that makes you feel endeared (enough) to the characters. Jay and Silent Bob are their usual off-the-wall selves, and Jason Lee gives a phenomenal performance as Lance "Picklebutt" Dowds. Even funnier, wait till you see the end that will just have you cracking up This movie is good for everyone, and it even has a heart to it. Kevin Smith is back, with witty dialogue and a central storyline that makes you feel endeared (enough) to the characters. Jay and Silent Bob are their usual off-the-wall selves, and Jason Lee gives a phenomenal performance as Lance "Picklebutt" Dowds. Even funnier, wait till you see the end that will just have you cracking up till the break of dawn. For uptight people, it may not be their movie. For the rest of us, it is a must-see movie cuz this movie is fucking hillarious, it has a heart to it, and it is not bland. It is good, so go SEE it! 'Nuff said. Expand
  25. TedD.
    Aug 31, 2006
    I think people should actually read the other post rather than just making stupid rants about it. just my opinion. those of you who give this movie a 0 either have no taste, or were so trivially offended by this movie that it blinded you from rating this movie objectively.
  26. BitBurn
    Oct 12, 2006
    Grossly funny & completely out of the usual bullcrap- comedy-style of Hollywood. Loved it!
  27. JeanaH.
    Jan 2, 2007
    I thought the movie was brilliant in its own right. I mean, honestly, it's basically life. Who hasn't worked in a fast food place and just wants a little excitement. I loved the film because it made you laugh, possibly cry, and want to spit out your popcorn when Randall when off on his rant about "ass to mouth" and his tid-bit on "Porch Monkies". To all the haters, if you I thought the movie was brilliant in its own right. I mean, honestly, it's basically life. Who hasn't worked in a fast food place and just wants a little excitement. I loved the film because it made you laugh, possibly cry, and want to spit out your popcorn when Randall when off on his rant about "ass to mouth" and his tid-bit on "Porch Monkies". To all the haters, if you thought that was bad, go watch Gili, then complain. Expand
  28. SquiddaOne
    Feb 2, 2007
    "Clerks II" is hilarious. Jay & Silent Bob were too hysterical, and the "Porch Monky" scene, had me in tears. This is one of those movies that you watch when your in a bad mood, because it's a feel good movie. Definitly the third funniest movie of 2006, right up there with "Jackass 2" & "Borat.
  29. WilliamM.
    May 1, 2007
    Better than the orginal,no doubt about it.
  30. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this movie!! The first Clerks is great and this one is better than the original. Love all the jokes and love the new concept of working the recurring Mooby's. What handicap, the guy is in a wheelchair

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A softer, flabbier and considerably higher-budgeted follow-up to Kevin Smith's 1994 indie sensation that nevertheless packs enough riotous exchanges and pungent sexual obscenities to make its 97 minutes pass by with ease.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Clerks II can't bear the strain of its amateur-hour theatrics, no matter how big its heart or how many crocodile tears it manages to squirt. The dramatic moments become melodramatic; the bawdy moments turn icky. The fans will eat it up.
    By this point, the rhythms of Smith's dialogue are as predictable and mannered as haikus, and like sitcoms, Clerks II is mostly appealing in its familiarity, from the rat-a-tat cussing to the cameos from Smith's repertory company to the extended riffing on "Star Wars" and geek culture.