5.7

1. Sep 6, 2013
    A refreshing change from your over-the-top, absurd dramas, Closed Circuit was Gripping, Conceivable, required the audience to actually think, featured a constantly and subtly twisting plot and had a firm foundation in the world we live in, and how far people in positions of power will go.
    When I came home after watching it, I actually expected to see a news story about the British Justice system.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    The movie was ok to watch. No real substance. B acting. Never really caught my attention. I just was really hoping for something with a little drama but it was really bland. Next time I think I'll do a little more research before spending 13$ on a movie.
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    I can't for the life of me figure out why this movie rated to poorly with so many professional critics. I'm seeing that some think the leads have no chemistry. I don't buy that at all. I think their chemistry is palpable.. I also heard the plot would be tough to follow similar to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Not even close. Absolutely accessible and thrilling. Recommended.
  4. Aug 31, 2013
    “Closed Circuit” stars Eric Bana, Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent in this British courtroom drama involving terrorism, Britain’s MI 5, and a horrendous crime that is the subject of the film. Well written by Steven Knight (“Eastern Promises”, “Dirty Pretty Things”) and ably directed by John Crowley, this film will keep the viewer on the edge of the theater seat from the very first frame as“Closed Circuit” stars Eric Bana, Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent in this British courtroom drama involving terrorism, Britain’s MI 5, and a horrendous crime that is the subject of the film. Well written by Steven Knight (“Eastern Promises”, “Dirty Pretty Things”) and ably directed by John Crowley, this film will keep the viewer on the edge of the theater seat from the very first frame as the story unwinds into the intricacies of espionage, terrorism and the legal system under which all of the parties are operating. One of the more positive things about this film is that, although the plot is complicated and extremely involved, excellent writing and editing help make the most difficult of legal concepts and problems easy to understand and follow. This is no small task to accomplish given the intricacies and rules of law being applied. I give this film an 8 for above average acting, writing, editing and directing, all of which make for a very exciting theatrical experience. Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Like most British films, Closed Circuit is a refreshing alternative to the extremely loud and bombastic American fare. This was an interesting movie from the point of view that "who is doing what to whom" is never completely obvious. This is a story driven plot held up by competent acting. Is this film brilliant? No. But it does deliver genuine tension and suspense. It is a worthwhileLike most British films, Closed Circuit is a refreshing alternative to the extremely loud and bombastic American fare. This was an interesting movie from the point of view that "who is doing what to whom" is never completely obvious. This is a story driven plot held up by competent acting. Is this film brilliant? No. But it does deliver genuine tension and suspense. It is a worthwhile investment of your time. Expand
  6. Sep 13, 2013
    I found this to be a rather compelling story and good acting although you must pay attention as it is a some what complex. All and all a good movie to spend my time and money on.

1. Reviewed by: Xan Brooks
    Oct 24, 2013
    It plays as cut-price Le Carré; a recording of a recording of superior films. The picture is fuzzy, and the plot becomes garbled.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Oct 24, 2013
    It’s a slow-burning, well-acted thriller that’s only really let down in its third act: an unsatisfyingly limp denouement that fails to convey what’s at stake with any sort of suspense.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Oct 22, 2013
    How Knight and Crowley managed to persuade such upstanding actors – not to mention Jim Broadbent, Anne-Marie Duff, Ciaran Hinds and Riz Ahmed – to take part in this fiasco is destined to remain a mystery. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Trite.