5.8

1. Jul 6, 2014
    Lame, predictable ending... Interesting premise but not very well executed... low energy for a supposed thriller... just ok if you don't have anything better to watch...
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    The movie was ok to watch. No real substance. B acting. Never really caught my attention. I just was really hoping for something with a little drama but it was really bland. Next time I think I'll do a little more research before spending 13$ on a movie.
  3. Sep 29, 2013
    This movie is boring, dumb and poorly acted. There is no chemistry between Hall and Bana, when there is supposed to be a lot. Nothing in this movie makes sense, including why it was ever made. It's a no-go.
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    I found this to be a rather compelling story and good acting although you must pay attention as it is a some what complex. All and all a good movie to spend my time and money on.
  5. Sep 6, 2013
    A refreshing change from your over-the-top, absurd dramas, Closed Circuit was Gripping, Conceivable, required the audience to actually think, featured a constantly and subtly twisting plot and had a firm foundation in the world we live in, and how far people in positions of power will go.
    When I came home after watching it, I actually expected to see a news story about the British Justice system.
  6. Sep 3, 2013
    Another paranoid, conspiracy theory, bad government movie, and a rather dim witted one. If we're going to keep resurrecting this theme let's make it somewhat believable, and vet the plot holes. Bana and McAdams play two attorneys on opposite sides in a terrorist bombing case, which has been deemed too sensitive for open court. Bana figures out why, how we never know, and he and ex girlfriend McAdams go rogue with MI5/6 in hot pursuit to stop them revealing the "secret which would (of course) bring down the government." It's "State of Play" lite and the intrigue barely simmers at best, and the bad guys win, and the good guys slink off sadder but no wiser. Expand
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    There were some things I liked about this movies and there were others that I didn't like, but in the end, it's satisfying to, but never attempts to amaze. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    I can't for the life of me figure out why this movie rated to poorly with so many professional critics. I'm seeing that some think the leads have no chemistry. I don't buy that at all. I think their chemistry is palpable.. I also heard the plot would be tough to follow similar to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Not even close. Absolutely accessible and thrilling. Recommended.
  9. Aug 31, 2013
    “Closed Circuit” stars Eric Bana, Rebecca Hall and Jim Broadbent in this British courtroom drama involving terrorism, Britain’s MI 5, and a horrendous crime that is the subject of the film. Well written by Steven Knight (“Eastern Promises”, “Dirty Pretty Things”) and ably directed by John Crowley, this film will keep the viewer on the edge of the theater seat from the very first frame as the story unwinds into the intricacies of espionage, terrorism and the legal system under which all of the parties are operating. One of the more positive things about this film is that, although the plot is complicated and extremely involved, excellent writing and editing help make the most difficult of legal concepts and problems easy to understand and follow. This is no small task to accomplish given the intricacies and rules of law being applied. I give this film an 8 for above average acting, writing, editing and directing, all of which make for a very exciting theatrical experience. Expand
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    Like most British films, Closed Circuit is a refreshing alternative to the extremely loud and bombastic American fare. This was an interesting movie from the point of view that "who is doing what to whom" is never completely obvious. This is a story driven plot held up by competent acting. Is this film brilliant? No. But it does deliver genuine tension and suspense. It is a worthwhile investment of your time. Expand
  11. Aug 29, 2013
    Moviegoers looking for a moody political drama will find Closed Circuit provides some engaging character beats and interesting (albeit not exceptionally deep) thoughts on government oversight. Strong performances from Bana and Hall help elevate Crowley’s film above similarly predictable thrillers and it’s hard not to admire the director for some risky choices (in both the story and the actual filmmaking). That said, plot holes as well as underdeveloped characters undercut the power of the final film and many moviegoers who are attracted to the thought-provoking political thriller genre will, as a result, find Closed Circuit is too divided, between creativity and commentary, to be particularly exciting or insightful. Expand
  12. Aug 29, 2013
    With a title like this, you'd expect closed circuit TV would play strongly in the narrative…and you'd be wrong. The title could have been "Paranoia," but that movie's already in town. Eric Bana and Rebecca Hall play the attorneys for a man who's been accused of a terrorist bombing in London, but there's more to his defense that it seems. Unfortunately, it's nothing we haven't seen before. While it's interesting to watch it unfold and the performances are good, the suspense is not existent. Adding a few angles shot from surveillance cameras doesn't make it original enough to be memorable. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Xan Brooks
    Oct 24, 2013
    It plays as cut-price Le Carré; a recording of a recording of superior films. The picture is fuzzy, and the plot becomes garbled.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Kelly
    Oct 24, 2013
    It’s a slow-burning, well-acted thriller that’s only really let down in its third act: an unsatisfyingly limp denouement that fails to convey what’s at stake with any sort of suspense.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Oct 22, 2013
    How Knight and Crowley managed to persuade such upstanding actors – not to mention Jim Broadbent, Anne-Marie Duff, Ciaran Hinds and Riz Ahmed – to take part in this fiasco is destined to remain a mystery. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Trite.