7.0

1. Oct 2, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 maybe is one of the most ridiculous and exaggerated ideas of this year, but... don't care, is an extremely funny sequel, with a cool animation, much funny moments, I could no ask for anything more, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is one of my favorite movies of this year!
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    While Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 might not deliver the same cross-generational appeal as the first film, it’s a worthy sequel that smartly iterates on the core storyline with a new and entertaining direction. The foodimals will keep members of the film’s kid-friendly demographic entertained and tongue-in-cheek social satire provide some decent chuckles for parents (as well asWhile Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 might not deliver the same cross-generational appeal as the first film, it’s a worthy sequel that smartly iterates on the core storyline with a new and entertaining direction. The foodimals will keep members of the film’s kid-friendly demographic entertained and tongue-in-cheek social satire provide some decent chuckles for parents (as well as older fans of the prior installment). In general, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 doesn’t taste quite as fresh as the original recipe but the film offers more than just re-heated leftovers with another funny and entertaining adventure that justifies a second helping of Flint Lockwood and friends. Expand
  3. Nov 4, 2013
    While not as intellegent as the previous movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is funnier with its food puns and more action-packed that channeled a Pixar movie.
  4. Sep 28, 2013
    Being a fan of the first Cloudy, I was excited to check out the sequel. While the original is better, mostly because it has more heart, there's lots to keep adults and kids entertained here. It starts off a bit slow, giving a short review of what happened in the first film for those who didn't watch it (which was definitely thoughtful), but once the story unfolds it pulls the viewer in.Being a fan of the first Cloudy, I was excited to check out the sequel. While the original is better, mostly because it has more heart, there's lots to keep adults and kids entertained here. It starts off a bit slow, giving a short review of what happened in the first film for those who didn't watch it (which was definitely thoughtful), but once the story unfolds it pulls the viewer in. It's not a spectacular story; the twists are pretty predictable, but it has a good flow and there are no dull moments. Sony did a fantastic job with the visuals very colorful, vibrant, and the living food really come to life. Humor was in good supply, and the food-related puns were actually quite clever. My only real problems with the movie were the somewhat lacking story line and the protagonist Flint, who didn't seem nearly as endearing as I remember him from the first movie. They made him too wacky and all over the place, and it's hard to imagine kids relating to him or remembering him as a character they'd like to emulate. Still, Cloudy 2 will keep you entertained enough, and it's worth watching it at least once, especially if you craved more after watching the original. Expand
  5. Oct 3, 2013
    I love the first movie--it became my favorite animated movie of all time--and I found I really enjoyed this one, too! Once again, the movie is just plain fun. The animation looks fantastic, the food animals are creative and amusing, the voice acting is great and, like the first one, it's just hysterical. While I didn't think it was as gut-busting as the first one, I still laughed a lotI love the first movie--it became my favorite animated movie of all time--and I found I really enjoyed this one, too! Once again, the movie is just plain fun. The animation looks fantastic, the food animals are creative and amusing, the voice acting is great and, like the first one, it's just hysterical. While I didn't think it was as gut-busting as the first one, I still laughed a lot and I really want to add this to my "repeat viewing" list (come on, Blu-Ray release date...hurry up and get here!). However, the one thing that I loved the most had to have been the background designs. The way they created the landscapes into food-based locations was very creative and pretty cool to witness. Overall, it's a decent and fun follow-up to a epic first film! Expand
  6. Oct 20, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, was AMAZING!! If you liked the first one you will love this one too!! :D
    It was so so CUTE!! I love all the cuteness of the mutated foods!! I died from cuteness over load! I even teared up a little because of how cute and happy everything was. XD(I just love how cute everything was)
    But I enjoyed the movie very very much and I am sure you and your
    But I enjoyed the movie very very much and I am sure you and your kids will as well!! it's worth the money spent! Enjoy!!
  7. Oct 5, 2013
    i don't know why people didn't like if this is such a cute movie, i'm a big fan of this and i really liked the first one and this one..hope we'll get a new one soon
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    This year's animated films seem to have been somewhat below par so this sequel is refreshingly welcome even if it's not quite as good as the original. Story wise there isn't much to shout about it's just the good guys vs the bad. Visually, however, this is jaw droppingly amazing stuff. Beautiful colouring and some real imagination is on display here and this is enough to cement over theThis year's animated films seem to have been somewhat below par so this sequel is refreshingly welcome even if it's not quite as good as the original. Story wise there isn't much to shout about it's just the good guys vs the bad. Visually, however, this is jaw droppingly amazing stuff. Beautiful colouring and some real imagination is on display here and this is enough to cement over the cracks of a screenplay that is at its best when batting out funny one liners. There are loads of jokes about the food characters on show. I particularly liked the 'leek on the boat gag, and the one about cutting the cheese is proof positive that toons are no longer positioning themselves just for kids (Para Norman made that perfectly clear). The animal/food names are very inventive what with shrimpanzees, flamangos, tacodiles and melophants, and if the humour at times is a bit corny (pun intended) it non the less raises a smile and is often very funny. Even the requisite cute character, a strawberry with the oh so original name of Berry!, is more tolerable than usual. Good fun. Expand
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    The main course is better than the opener as Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is filled with countless hilarious food puns and some very dazzling visuals despite its shaky start and predictability.
  10. Mar 21, 2014
    As good as the first movie. The characters are all back and just as funny. Apart from Mr T being replaced by Terry Crews this movie is Fantastic! I love it, my kids love it and so should you.
  11. Nov 10, 2014
  12. Mar 30, 2015
    . Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 dives in deeper in its appetizing-utopian realm, and it's a bit unnecessary at times, but it's still able to provide hilarity, colorful personalities and heartfelt vibes, that though it isn't as striking as its predecessor, it's still solid.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Aug 3, 2014
    "Cloudy 2" is undeniably dense with ideas, images, and characters but slight on anything of thematic interest at all.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Oct 24, 2013
    Fortunately, the animators get stuck in: the foodscape Flint's party passes through is again wittily realised, each frame sprinkled with colourful hybrid creations, from "flamangos" to "shrimpanzees".
  3. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Oct 24, 2013
    With a large supporting cast and rapid gag-rate, ingredients are generous. But with no real plot to bind them, the pile-up of chaotic chases, repeat-on you leek puns and noisy dust-ups gradually kills the appetite.