7.1

1. Mar 26, 2014
    Of course the film is original and filled with amazing animation and vivid views, but that doesn't make up for the silly script and acting. Kids will enjoy the film, but the rest of just stand thee awkwardly which unlike the first film, didn't happen.
  2. Feb 21, 2014
    The first one was not just a story about inventions and food - it was also about people, and had characters with content, that developed throughout the plot. The humor evolved naturally from their personalities.
    This one has none of the above, replacing it for flashy animations, too much food puns, and a contrived plot that climaxes with yet another "Nature Vs. Industry" conflict that
    doesn't make sense - and not in a good way. Expand
  3. Jan 24, 2014
    what happened to the first "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" movie! This movie seems like its a clone of the original! The animations seems to be not as good! The story is forgettable, not as funny, seems like they did a sequel just for the money! :-(
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    What a disappointment! The first movie was fantastic, but this one was mediocre. Hardly funny and the animation was a bit iffy, not smooth. If it wasn't for my cineworld pass I would demand my money back!
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    I understand that people find this film enjoyable. But as a followup to the first CWACOM, the sequel fails at every turn.

The story all but ignores what Flint learned previously and makes him learn it again, but with less clarity and focus. The only saving grace is that Flint and his friends were so well designed and characterized in the first film that some amount of charm has carried
    over. But considering these are some of the funniest and brightest animated characters of the last several years, they really missed the mark with each one of them. Additionally, the new characters stick out like sore thumbs because they were created with less care and attention that Phil Lord & Chris Miller gave their characters in the beginning.

Watch the sequel and then immediately put on the original... The former might not hold up as well anymore as you start to see just how much better the original was at telling a story and making you laugh.
  6. Oct 14, 2013
    To start off I love animated movies, those geared for children and adults. I've been watching Pixar movies long before my children were born. Understand my love of these types of movies before you read my critique.

The visuals were very creative, and stunning, but that is all the positive things I can say about this movie. I took my 9 year old twins with two of their friends, who
    seemed entertained, but nothing in the writing held my attention. Very weak story and the jokes meant for the adults were very bland. I fell asleep two times during this movie. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Oct 24, 2013
    Fortunately, the animators get stuck in: the foodscape Flint's party passes through is again wittily realised, each frame sprinkled with colourful hybrid creations, from "flamangos" to "shrimpanzees".
  2. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Oct 24, 2013
    With a large supporting cast and rapid gag-rate, ingredients are generous. But with no real plot to bind them, the pile-up of chaotic chases, repeat-on you leek puns and noisy dust-ups gradually kills the appetite.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Oct 24, 2013
    For all its properly surreal mayhem, this flick isn’t quite as nimble or emotionally rounded as its predecessor.