7.6

1. Sep 17, 2011
    The only way to adequately describe this film is odd...really odd. It goes beyond quirky and verges absolute nutbaggery. It starts promisingly, and has some really nice effects, but at some point the plot takes a dive off a cliff. But maybe that's what the creators of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs were going for - an absolute rejection of the conventional fantasy animation. It's easily among the most surreal film experiences I've ever seen, and that has it's charm, up to a point. But it would be nice to have a bit more characterisation in the mix as well. Worth seeing if only for a jelly castle and spaghetti twisters being realised on screen. Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    I just saw it for the first time and I just flat out disliked it. It was very unfunny, Animation was so-so, and even then it was far too generic and flat out unlikable. I would not recommend it at all.
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    Cloudy with a chance of itchy balls.
    The movie is silly, gooey, and most of the time gross. The comedy isn't there, and the characters aren't very likeable. The animation is average at best. I really wouldn't recommend this even as a kids movie because its really just 5% story and 95% randomness.

1. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    The year’s 3-D deluge continues: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is an amusingly loopy kids’ meal about a small-town inventor.
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    Goes down easy enough at first. But even at a svelte 81 minutes, this meal drags on too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Charles Williams
    The film combines a pinch of morality with a healthy dose of humor to produce a movie that's entertaining for everyone.