7.7

1. DarenN.
    Mar 28, 2010
    An intelligent, artfully presented film which offers a strong, developed plot and an amazing amount of hilarity and and creative thought. HIGHLY recommended.
  2. MalC.
    Oct 2, 2009
    My husband and I went and saw this movie together and LOVED IT! We liked it more than any of the others we'd seen lately (which is usually one every weekend of all varieties.) While the audience had a bunch of kids in it I think we laughed the most often and the loudest. It's our favorite of the year. If you love SNL, Office or Parks, GO see this!!!
    Jan 17, 2010
    I really don't understand the hate for this movie. I rented this to watch with my family, and we were all cracking up at the use of physical comedy and the above-average jokes (especially for a kid's movie). The first 2/3 of the movie were extremely funny, while the last 1/3 changed it's tone to action/adventure. It's a shame the end wasn't more satisfying, but it I really don't understand the hate for this movie. I rented this to watch with my family, and we were all cracking up at the use of physical comedy and the above-average jokes (especially for a kid's movie). The first 2/3 of the movie were extremely funny, while the last 1/3 changed it's tone to action/adventure. It's a shame the end wasn't more satisfying, but it is still definitely worth seeing. Expand
  4. EricE.
    Sep 27, 2009
    Pretty good movie. I enjoyed it. Not one I would probably buy and watch over and over. But my mother loved it and wants it for her collection.
  5. NickS
    Sep 25, 2009
    I thought this movie shined through out the 3D. The 3D was perfect. It was going whoop, whoop, and most of all, whoop. The movie had great voice acting, And i loved Bobbe J. in this movie. I thought the lines are funny. especially the line *SPOILER*: "Hot fudge, so HARHAR HAR!" Flint- I thought the line got my laughter, and i enjoyed this movie. 100/10.
  6. JoeL
    Sep 27, 2009
    One of the funniest and charming movies I've seen in years! A great, clean movie to take the kids, or a date, to see. My date never stopped laughing.
  7. Sep 28, 2011
    "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" doesn't take itself too seriously, but childishly. But the film uses it with pure love and joy, which makes it hilarious and entertaining.
  8. Matheww.
    Feb 12, 2010
    Aged 15 it was not aimed at me but this film is ultimately watchable at a very very high level.
  9. Nov 22, 2012
    I had to give this movie a 10 to bump the rating up for all the idiots out there who think this movie is anything less than a hilarious brilliant film. It matches the children book perfect and is so ridiculous I was laughing during the entire film. If you like films like Hotrod then you'll love this film. A must a buy in my opinion.
  10. Jan 29, 2012
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is an undeniably funny, charming, quirky film with cute animation and a sweet message for kids to back it up even though we have seen the films heart many times before. I give this movie 84%.
  11. JesseJ.
    Jan 10, 2010
    Probably the funniest movie I saw in 09, an adult is saying this. The characters facial emotions have been perfectly drawn each time, you will keep wanting to watch the movie over and over again just to look at the emotions on the faces because they are so perfect and funny. I recommend any one to watch this, and those blue and purple clouds looked unbelievable amazing on my Series 7 LED.
  12. DaveH
    Jan 9, 2010
    A good movie, but had many awkward momments even I blushed.
  13. JeffreyT.
    Mar 3, 2010
    Thoroughly entertaining and funny with attention-grabbing artwork and a great sense of humor about itself. All in good fun.
  14. LorenzoV
    Oct 6, 2009
    Great film, but could of been better. Cons: Steve the monkey, the final bit of the movie was gross and too long Pros: Everything else.
  15. KevinA
    Sep 19, 2009
    A GREAT comedy that happens to be animated.
  16. HaydenM
    Sep 26, 2009
    This movie was very good. Creative, funny, and clever, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs does not disappoint.
  17. WilliamC.
    Jan 5, 2010
    I remember when I was five-years-old, going down to my local library with all of the other little children on a class fieldtrip to get the average gander of what exactly happen in a library. To start off the trip, a stooped and arthritic little figure read us this magical book, where food and drink fell from the sky every day. The idea was glorious, and for all of the little kids around, I remember when I was five-years-old, going down to my local library with all of the other little children on a class fieldtrip to get the average gander of what exactly happen in a library. To start off the trip, a stooped and arthritic little figure read us this magical book, where food and drink fell from the sky every day. The idea was glorious, and for all of the little kids around, we were mesmerized. Little did I know that this one story would help spur my way into writing (and being slightly overweight as a child), but it would also help create an interesting little movie some thirty years after it was published The movie, directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, takes the simple concept of food falling from the sky and pushes it to the next level with Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader). Flint is an amateur inventor whose projects just don Expand
  18. ClaudioB.
    Jan 7, 2010
    The animation is great, it is very funny and it gives a good message to the children.
  19. MattF
    Oct 18, 2009
    I took my 6 year old brother to go see this movie and i liked it, he loved it. For a kid it is a really cool funny movie, hell i laughed a few times because there are jokes for both groups young and old. There are a good amount of funny perks to it.
  20. Jen
    Oct 21, 2009
    I took my 5 year old son to see it and we both loved it. We were talking about it for a few days afterward. Yes, it's kind of gross. That's the point.
  21. LizK.
    Oct 2, 2009
    I found this movie very entertaining. I laughed out loud a few times. Very kid appropriate. for my 7 and 10 year old.
  22. AbbieB
    Oct 22, 2009
    TOO KIDDY, should have been rated G, but it's plot is a good alternative to the original book, and some parts are actually funny, yes, especially the part when the monkey goes bananas when he sees gummy bears trying to attack them.
  23. JasonN
    Sep 19, 2009
    You can't help but like this movie. I laughed a lot. I would encourage kids of all ages to go see it and have a great time.
  24. SamJ
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hilarious all the way through.
  25. Ali
    Sep 21, 2009
    One of the best movie i've ever seen.
  26. ChadS
    Sep 21, 2009
    It could be a commercial for ice cream, the scene where the children of Swallow Falls first encounter the scoops that Flint Lockwood(Bill Hader) created for his temporary wonderland. Just like a real commercial, only skinny children fill the landscape, and interestingly enough, they never gorge on the ice cream like a real kid would. The mis-en-scene seems informed by advertising, in It could be a commercial for ice cream, the scene where the children of Swallow Falls first encounter the scoops that Flint Lockwood(Bill Hader) created for his temporary wonderland. Just like a real commercial, only skinny children fill the landscape, and interestingly enough, they never gorge on the ice cream like a real kid would. The mis-en-scene seems informed by advertising, in which food companies create television spots that hide the truth about their fatty products. The children play with the ice cream; they and Flint have a frozen food fight, but the socially inept inventor hits the kids too hard with the dessert balls. This action indirectly shows how a product like ice cream is bad for your health. Flint's rough play foregrounds the dishonesty behind adverts that peddle hamburgers, sugary drinks, or any other sort of junk food. It's like a rupture in the text, in which a commercial that elicits consumer interest through the association of its product with some pleasing image(such as an ice cream park), is subverted by a self-critique, like if Ronald McDonald suddenly pushed some kid off a swing. While all the townspeople keep their figures throughout the constant deluge of high-calorie food, the mayor(voiced by Bruce Campbell) is not quite so lucky. He's fat; he suggests the real end- result to Flint's invention. The food storm can be construed as being metaphorical of our country's obesity crisis, but the meaning is lost somewhere in the marinara, because the images are too preoccupied with spectacle for serious contemplation. Expand
  27. FunLover
    Sep 20, 2009
    Good fun. Nothing more. Excellent kids' movie, especially in 3D. Some people are saying this film is too moralistic, but any moralistic aspect would be lost on its sub-10 target audience. Just take it at face value - it's a whole load of fun, and brilliantly animated to boot. The 3D is fantastic also.
  28. AaronG
    Sep 18, 2009
    I went with a few friends to see this in 3D. I was pleasantly surprised with the film, and ended up loving it. It's not perfect, but I'd definitely see it again. Full Price!
  29. L
    Sep 21, 2009
    I am not usually post reviews, but I thought that this movie was very very good. I thought it was clever, funny, sweet and the 3D made it look great. Everyone will enjoy it for sure.
  30. RyanM
    Sep 23, 2009
    Even if oh, so many things differ from the original book, I think I like this hilarious, clever, and inventive film adaption much better. Yes, today, I saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and no, it is not the kiddy film you may see it as. It has some great humor, top-notch animation, and good voice acting. If only it had a stronger theme and weren't so derivative. Cloudy is Even if oh, so many things differ from the original book, I think I like this hilarious, clever, and inventive film adaption much better. Yes, today, I saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and no, it is not the kiddy film you may see it as. It has some great humor, top-notch animation, and good voice acting. If only it had a stronger theme and weren't so derivative. Cloudy is really a fuse of Surf's Up! type humor and Ratatouille style food. But it just misses greatness by a mark. Cloudy features a clever and inventive story, but I'll discuss cleverness in the next section. Why you ask? Because being funny and clever doesn't mean the movie has a good story. Lucky enough for this movie, the story has enough creativity to pass. The story is full of lovable characters, even if half of them have heads a tad too large. The story isn't sophisticated, but its not extremely simple neither. At least the kids will enjoy it. Story gets a 60%. Cleverness is really the "meat" of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. The humor is very funny at times, but at those unfunny times, annoying. The humor is about as equal to what you laughed at in Surf's Up!, which is relatively a good thing. Most of the humor is generated by pure randomness and good food jokes. Cleverness gets 80%. Cloudy's animation is not cloudy at all. In fact, it is almost at it's best. Crystal clear and beautiful looking. The detail is not sophisticated, but it is still fairly incredible. Animation gets 80%. I saw this movie in I-max, so I thought I should say something about the experience. Although it isn't like they said, you still get a good experience overall. In all the interviews, they say you were going to get meatballs and pies galore, in your face. But that just is not true. While it is worth seeing in I-max, Cloudy isn't exactly the best I-max experience out there. Although it technically does not count, because it does not ruin the movie, I give the I-max quality 60%. Cloudy features a rather varied and talented voice cast. Remember the guy from Hot Rod? Well he voices Flint Lockwood, the main protagonist. Anna Farris plays Sam, the love interest of Flint. And Mr. T plays the cop dude. They all do so great. Voice acting gets a 70%. The music in Cloudy is the only thing that is actually cloudy, which means.....it sucks. I mean, I didn't even want to stick around for the credits because the music isn't really original or catchy. So really, do you want the score in your soundtrack collection? Music gets 30%. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is overall a great movie, even if it doesn't quite overcome its obvious flaws. I think it is worth seeing in theaters, because it is obviously one of the better '09 films. Expand
  31. Blake
    Sep 27, 2009
    This is a must see, especially in 3D. I was a little worried about seeing this one, but I came out of it very pleased. Some good laughs and a great cast too.
  32. dizzyc
    Nov 16, 2009
    A great family movie, interesting plot, and pretty funny. it even kept me entertained.
  33. twerplified
    Dec 31, 2009
    Loved the movie, watched with my girlfriend, we were both entertained, this movie has a freshness about it! Definitely rental-worthy!!!
  34. Mar 14, 2011
    It's just about as good as these type of movies gets. Great-looking, filled to the brim with humor, and riddled with great performances from it's star-studded cast.
  35. Dec 15, 2010
    This is a very weird film. That's pretty much the only defining characteristic - the humor (though little there is) comes from the odd scenarios and the satires-of-satires-of-stereotypes characters. I guess that's kind of good, but you'll probably just say "What?" most of the time. But it's not that bad of a movie. It doesn't make people more stupider than they are now. But there are FARThis is a very weird film. That's pretty much the only defining characteristic - the humor (though little there is) comes from the odd scenarios and the satires-of-satires-of-stereotypes characters. I guess that's kind of good, but you'll probably just say "What?" most of the time. But it's not that bad of a movie. It doesn't make people more stupider than they are now. But there are FAR better comedies out there.

Plus, what's with the guy in diapers who shoves himself in a chicken? Weirrrd!
  36. Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah the movie was actually good. It's a great movie for families as well and I'll admit, it is watchable.
  37. Apr 17, 2015
    Inspired by a bestselling children book, Cloudy tells the story of a young inventor who creates a machine that makes it rain food. Initially hailed as the towns saviour, things go wrong when the food starts piling up and he loses control of his invention. A visual treat with a clever script and great voice performances, Cloudy ranks alongside the best of Pixar and put Lord & Miller on the map.
  38. May 23, 2011
    I called it a rarity because of many aspects - very few films carry the easygoing nature of the film, and the comedian-studded casting, it's surprisingly fun, it's all about food and (best of all) it's as weird as it gets. After watching it, you can proudly say that you haven't seen anything quite like it before but you won't see anything quite like it either.
  39. May 25, 2011
    One of my favorite movies, CWACOM provides nice humor, impressive animation, an odd but enticing story, and great character moments. Highly recommended.
  40. Jan 24, 2014
    What a great movie! Super funny! fast comedy bits! a unique, interesting story. Great voice overs! This is one of my favorite cgi animation movies out there!
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    From the same directors that gave you the show Clone High USA, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a colourful animated feature with an a odd sense of humour that will amuse all ages. The film is highly creative with original character designs in a story filled with heart, joy, and many delicious treats. I do admit the film has some childish moments and the third act falls slightly thinFrom the same directors that gave you the show Clone High USA, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a colourful animated feature with an a odd sense of humour that will amuse all ages. The film is highly creative with original character designs in a story filled with heart, joy, and many delicious treats. I do admit the film has some childish moments and the third act falls slightly thin in some areas, but other than that, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a non-Pixar CGI movie that is worth watching. Expand
  42. Nov 20, 2011
    CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS is a colourful, well animated and funny kiddie flick for all ages.
  43. Dec 2, 2011
    I really like the cartoony animation and cartoony feel throughout the film. Even with a slightly predictable story, it manages to be a lot of fun. The characters are great and there is a lot of humor throughout.
  44. Sep 28, 2013
    The plot completely decimates many movie conventions (while embracing others) and there's a lot of heart and quirky humor that you don't seem to see in most other movies. It's leaps and bounds ahead of most family movies and even compared to non family movies it's still a pretty top notch production. This parody of disaster movies is ingenious and enjoyable in almost every way possible.The plot completely decimates many movie conventions (while embracing others) and there's a lot of heart and quirky humor that you don't seem to see in most other movies. It's leaps and bounds ahead of most family movies and even compared to non family movies it's still a pretty top notch production. This parody of disaster movies is ingenious and enjoyable in almost every way possible. Plus it's got Bruce Campbell and Mr. T in it. Expand
  45. Aug 29, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs what a silly name for a movie. I don`t know why I attempted to watch a movie with a name like this, but it turned out pretty epic in a strange way.
  46. Dec 21, 2014
    Fantastic film, I'm surprised it took me so long to see it. Witty, always on the lookout for the expected event and foreshadowing it humorously, with a general lack of angst and forced drama, this wins my heart.
  47. Mar 26, 2014
    A vivid look into the world of cloudy with a chance of meatballs. Those who enjoy the book will definatly enjoy this new take on the popular children's book, Not completely like the book, but prety close. Overall a really enjoyable film for everyone.
  48. Apr 6, 2014
    what a great movie . it is off the charts , brilliant . and better then the sequel . Grade A+....................................................................
  49. Dec 22, 2014
    Cute,funny and entertaining are words that can be describe to this particular film.Cloudy With A chance Meatballs doesn't take itself too seriously and it is a masterpiece with a lot of funny moments that many people will surely dig in to.
  50. Dec 6, 2015
    A fine animated film full of emotion, both see this film has already given me hungry , and I say jokingly, and surely you if you opened your appetite.
  51. Dec 21, 2015
    It was creative and great. Despite not having much in common with the book of the same name.But as a stand alone movie.It was gooooooooooooooddddddddd.

1. The year’s 3-D deluge continues: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is an amusingly loopy kids’ meal about a small-town inventor.
  2. Goes down easy enough at first. But even at a svelte 81 minutes, this meal drags on too long.
  3. The film combines a pinch of morality with a healthy dose of humor to produce a movie that's entertaining for everyone.