8.0

1. Oct 4, 2014
    Coach Carter is such an inspiring story. Sam Jackson does what he does best, being tough as nails and not being shy about saying anything. This film deserves to be in the best sports drama list
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Timo Cruz

That's a movie, really. It's one of the most moving films I've seen. This movie really worth seeing. Samuel L Jackson plays the role very well.
  3. Sep 18, 2013
    It's one of the most inspiring movies. Student comes first. Everything in the movie was good. The characters fitted their roles, there is a sense of excitement in watching this. We'll all learn from it.
  4. Jun 8, 2013
    Yes, the movie may be a bit cliche, but all sports movies ultimately are. At the end of the day, it's a very good film with an even better message. Samuel L. Jackson is great in the lead role and his performance is certainly one of the many bright spots in this film.
  5. Jul 13, 2012
    Great movie! Feeling the excitement in the game, wanting to cheer along with them. Doesn't only focus on the sport of the movie but also high school, society, and life. Well done story plot, with great characters along with it.

1. Reviewed by: James Wegg
    Unfortunately, the accompanying story threads tend to bog down the action rather than provide contrast between the games.
  2. Thanks mainly to his (Jackson) considerable presence, Coach Carter works more effectively than expected.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    Both an inspirational sports movie and an unexpected multi-level urban drama that plays by its own clock.