7.3

1. Aug 4, 2013
    C Vs Zombies is funny and awesome! The story works, the gore is super geared with VFX and the comedy has a good British touch to it. The acting is epic and it is actually the best indie zombie flick in years.
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    What a brilliant zombie movie! It's witty, different, and pure fun :-P
    I enjoyed this more than several of this summers block busters.
    As entertainment goes, this is pretty darn good!
  3. Jul 3, 2014
    Went in to the film with zero expectations and just put the film on as I was mega bored. Ended up being an excellent film! Really funny, good character work and a nice little story. Worth seeing for any zombie fan and any fan of the film 'Snatch'.
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    I went into this one thinking it was just going to be one of those "jump on the bandwagon" zombie movies that is done for no other reason than to make a quick dash for some cash from the zombie genre fans but the movie is actually really fun. The story is amusing, the comedy is done perfectly, the characters are fun and the acting is decent (plus the zombies look great--so this wasn't done with scamming the fans in mind). The movie is basically a Guy Ritchie film with zombies added to it and it flipping works! Expand
  5. Aug 8, 2013
    Zombie Type: Slow-walking undead
    Outbreak/Apocalypse Phase: Initial outbreak (characters experience the outbreak as it happens)
    Sub-genre: Comedy (zom-com)

I’ve been on a zombie kick lately. The latest piece of entertainment comes in the form of British zom-com film vs Zombies.” Unlike last week’s very unique rom-zom-com “Warm Bodies,” this is a more traditional zombie flick. It
    pits a group of mobile young adults and not-so-mobile elderly against the classic slow-walking undead. The makeup, gore and special effects aren’t ground-breaking, but they’re absolutely solid and pretty damn good on occasion. The comedy isn’t laugh out loud hilarious, but there are some very funny moments that bring an overall light feel to the movie that makes it a very enjoyable viewing experience. The accents and British feel implied by the title were indeed present and only add to the fun factor. Awesome zombie film and another solid addition to my list of favorite zombie movies.

Final Verdict: Highly recommended!
  6. Sep 14, 2013
    Haha vs zombies I remember seeing this in the shops and going "what the bloody hell is this" then I bought it, and I'm so glad I did because its just a stupid film that shouldn't of been made its writing is bad because its the typical zombies are attacking but no one knows even know they can see that people are eating one another, but that's what makes it in this film there such a funny twist with these really old coffin dodgers shooting at zombies and some taped to chairs, while this is going on theses also something going on with these younger lads who just tried stealing a bank but it just went wrong and they have some hostages and they have fled to this abandoned building with the hostages when the zombie out break happens, after some things happen in the building and they have the keys to the car to make there escape they drive on to try getting to the old people's home to get one of the characters grandad on the way there they get a double decker bus (so typical London) LOVE IT CUT AND PRINT, anyway after that action and the escape what brings us to the end of the film the part I absolutely hate, when they stop at some sort of place with one boat and no more(CAUSE COINCIDENT) they make there last stand to get the boat working to drive... swim... Float? What ever you know to sea (if that doesn't get used it 80% of zombie films) in the final battle the main old man that is the grandad dies.... BUT THEN HE DOESN'T because even tho there was a load of zombies on top of him and should of been eating him they didn't after he mauls down a load he makes a run for the boat what is moving off slowly and they escape... This is one of the worst endings to a film I have ever seen its bad writing in its self and I know I'm going to sound mean now but I don't care, I wish the grandad died because when I thought he was dead I had that feeling of sadness but then when he lived my first reaction was "why the f**k is he still alive he has lived long enough this would of made the film but you just broke it... It's like his hip bone also don't play with my feelings that is just annoying in This case" but when he runs for the boat it just feels like it should be longer and that it shouldn't of ended where it did, I don't know it might of just been me but... It didn't feel right Expand
  7. Oct 23, 2013
    A pleasant surprise, ever since Shaun Of The Dead there have been a load of horror comedies that have been poor and so i was skeptical but found myself roaring with laughter. It doesn't take it's self too seriously and the old peoples home jokes never get old. P.S. a deserving send off for the late and great Richard Briers.

1. Reviewed by: Gabe Toro
    Aug 2, 2013
    As a movie, it’s quite an effects reel: Cockneys Vs. Zombies is a greatest hits package of your least demanding expectations given such a title.
  2. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Aug 2, 2013
    You may protest that this is just a splattery feature-length sketch, and you’d be absolutely right. Why not have a laugh at this absurdly trite concept? I’ll take the cheesy breeziness of “CVZ” over the frowny somberness of “World War Z” any day.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Aug 1, 2013
    As subtle as its title, Cockneys vs. Zombies is mildly funny and easily likable.