CollegeHumor | Release Date: July 9, 2013
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 5 Ratings
Watch Now
Dremord1Jul 11, 2013
Hilarious movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time. You know it's going to be good when it has they guy who played Dennis Reynolds from It's Always Sunny, Ben Swartzch from House of Lies and Jake and Amir and the Retarded Policeman.Hilarious movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time. You know it's going to be good when it has they guy who played Dennis Reynolds from It's Always Sunny, Ben Swartzch from House of Lies and Jake and Amir and the Retarded Policeman. Great writing, hilarious scenes and an awesome story. 10/10. Expand
dailysleazeJul 14, 2013
So much better than the comedy that comes out of Hollywood these days. Very talented writing. There are a few scenes which don't really push the story along, but they're funny enough to add value. Loved it!
grizzlebizzleJul 9, 2013
Hmm...what to say about Coffee Town? I came into the movie a major fan of both Ben Schwartz and Glenn Howerton, and I think they showed off some seriously funny chops in this movie. However, pretty much everything comical didn't have to doHmm...what to say about Coffee Town? I came into the movie a major fan of both Ben Schwartz and Glenn Howerton, and I think they showed off some seriously funny chops in this movie. However, pretty much everything comical didn't have to do with Coffee Town being a movie, and everything that had to do with Coffee Town's status as a "movie" was pretty weak.

For starters, the idea, the main premise for the movie was horrible. You can't blame that on the actors. I mean, there's barely a plot there, and for the plot that did exist, I just didn't care a lick. Various parts of the film tried to establish some kind of "message" but it was either garbled or cliche. The romance was pretty shallow and came into the movie too late. There were some pretty amateurish plot devices scattered throughout that were almost cringe-inducing.

I found Ben Schwartz consistently funny as he was never tasked with awkwardly pushing the plot forward like Howerton. The third guy (I don't know his name) was a good oaf for the other two to make fun of. I did laugh while watching this movie, but it was usually just off-the-cuff, random jokes or gags that really did not relate to the "movie".

I loved the various shouts-out to CollegeHumor: Josh Rubin as the band drummer, Streeter Seidell as an employee, Ben watching a CollegeHumor video with the old CH jingle, etc.

I really don't know how to summarize this movie. I'm being cruel, but it was extremely amateurish. I still think these guys are funny, I just think there is a better medium than this to show that off.