7.2

1. BrianA.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Why was this made. There was no point to this. the chick was kinda hot, but that was it. Story had no surprises what soever.
  2. TrujaS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    An underrated MASTERPIECE. One of the Greatest Thrillers of all time. My SECOND favourite movie ever. Acting was AWESOME; Kristen Stewart did a PERFECT (and when i says PERFECT i mean PERFECT) performance, Dennis Quaid is pretty damn good, and Sharon Stone - Stephen Dorff did an excellent work. The plot is amazing. The Original Soundtrack is really, really, really good, and fits with the An underrated MASTERPIECE. One of the Greatest Thrillers of all time. My SECOND favourite movie ever. Acting was AWESOME; Kristen Stewart did a PERFECT (and when i says PERFECT i mean PERFECT) performance, Dennis Quaid is pretty damn good, and Sharon Stone - Stephen Dorff did an excellent work. The plot is amazing. The Original Soundtrack is really, really, really good, and fits with the movie perfectly. The 'Camera-Work' is a 'Profesional-Work'. Cast was GRAWESOME, with Kristen Stewart, Dennis Quaid, Stephen Dorff, Sharon Stone, Juliette Lewis and Christopher Plummer. If you didn't see this movie, your life isn't complete. It deserves to be on the top 10 of Horror movies. 97/100 Expand
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    Usually a story like this is the setting for a ghostly horror movie. In this case, it's the setting for a movie. The story itself wasn't that bad, but Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone have no chemistry what so ever....and then there's Stephen Dorff. THIS is the tough guy, out of prison, who wants his house back??? This little twerp?! Who did the casting for this movie? Even the kids wouldn'tUsually a story like this is the setting for a ghostly horror movie. In this case, it's the setting for a movie. The story itself wasn't that bad, but Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone have no chemistry what so ever....and then there's Stephen Dorff. THIS is the tough guy, out of prison, who wants his house back??? This little twerp?! Who did the casting for this movie? Even the kids wouldn't be scared of Stephen Dorff! I general like the people in the cast of this film, but it's like they did this movie as a favor to someone. It really doesn't flow, the characters are unbelievable, and the story was just OK. I'd say pass on this one. Expand
  4. TammyS.
    Jun 7, 2004
    Stephen Dorff is hot. Awesome movie. all you who said it was horrible, you suck.
  5. MelancholicAlcoholic
    Feb 8, 2008
    This was the first movie I watched and wondered: What was the point of this? There was no point, the story tells nothing new, or surprising, it was like all actors thought: "Hey, you know what I got some time to kill, the first 2 weeks of May, lets make a run-of-the-mill thriller". Or whatever. Waste of good actors like Lewis and Dorff.
  6. ChadS.
    Sep 23, 2003
    To Quaid's credit, Meg Ryan's ex is much better at projecting latent homosexuality ("Not Frank," cried Patricia Clarkson) than reacting to a snake. The cast of "The Haunting" dealt with worse shocks, with half the terror-stricken visages. Glaring, in its absence, is the scene where somebody from the household researches the newspaper archives at the library or via internet for To Quaid's credit, Meg Ryan's ex is much better at projecting latent homosexuality ("Not Frank," cried Patricia Clarkson) than reacting to a snake. The cast of "The Haunting" dealt with worse shocks, with half the terror-stricken visages. Glaring, in its absence, is the scene where somebody from the household researches the newspaper archives at the library or via internet for information about the previous occupants of their home. What kind of documentarian is the head Tilson? In case you don't know, the genre of "Cold Creek Manor" might not be what you'd expect, since the house, and not Dorff is pushed in the trailer. Dorff tries, but "Cold Creek Manor" is too tasteful, when graphic violence, or the suggestion of graphic violence, would've gone a long way in helping the actor seem more than an angry redneck. This curious effort by the usually daring Mike Figgis, really goes downhill in the last fifteen minutes. It's ironic that Figgis has chosen the unfamiliar role as hack at a time when Nicholas Cage is closer to the edge than he's been since the high watermark days of "Leaving Las Vegas". Collapse
  7. ChadC.
    Mar 5, 2004
    This movie was so bad, I went to Blockbuster and returned it for another rental! It troubles me to think that a movie of this caliber can make it to production. There is absolutely no character development, horrible acting, stupid plot and one of the worst endings I have ever seen. This movie made me angry. DO NOT rent this! If you buy it, your just plain stupid.
  8. DouglasH.
    Apr 8, 2004
    At times I had to laugh because the movie was so bad! The horror music seemed like it was from a made for TV 80's movie. I want a refund!!
  9. ChrisL.
    Mar 21, 2004
    One word: Horrible. I wasted two hours of my life watching what the previews led me to believe would be a good thriller. Wrong. Although, I was somewhat amused by the snake scene, and the cheesy horror music, so I'll go against my better judgment and rate Cold Creek Manor a 2 instead of a flat 1.
  10. tonys.
    May 10, 2006
    I want those 2 hours of my life back! Biggest waste of time, ever!
  11. Abbyl
    Jul 1, 2007
    Stephen Dorff is the only thing that made me like this movie. He was going to kill off all the main characters and that made me happy.
  12. MorganI.
    Jul 5, 2007
    It was good. The music needed some work.
  13. MattM.
    Jan 27, 2004
    As I sat dumbfounded at the atrocity that is "Cold Creek Manor," it terrified me that the director is the same man who gave us such brilliant films as "Time Code" and "The Loss of Sexual Innocence." Yes, I am talking about Mike Figgis, and "Cold Creek Manor" is his unabashed foray into the mainstream. Touted by Touchstone Pictures in the overly promising trailer as a thriller, "Cold Creek As I sat dumbfounded at the atrocity that is "Cold Creek Manor," it terrified me that the director is the same man who gave us such brilliant films as "Time Code" and "The Loss of Sexual Innocence." Yes, I am talking about Mike Figgis, and "Cold Creek Manor" is his unabashed foray into the mainstream. Touted by Touchstone Pictures in the overly promising trailer as a thriller, "Cold Creek Manor" is neither scary nor thrilling, even after the ninety excruciatingly dull minutes of build-up finally lead into a frenetic, yet totally anticlimactic final act. Cliches abound, as do plot holes and unintentional laughs (the snake scene anyone?), not to mention Figgis's own ridiculously over-the-top score. The only thing scary about "Cold Creek Manor" is how desperately Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone must have needed a paycheck. This is one of the worst films of 2003. Expand
  14. GregT.
    Mar 16, 2004
    This movie was not "all that" but it is not totally worthless. It had a fairly decent premise, but both Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone seemed somewhat "elsewhere". They may have had other things on their minds on this one.
  15. Grace
    Mar 19, 2004
    Terrible, so boring, not scary! The previews lied!! They made it look really scary! Do not see this! Don't waste the $4!
  16. SaerA.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Cold Creek Manor wasn't gonna be as bad as I thought. Before watching this movie I thought I would give this movie a "0" but it wasn't as bad.
  17. CameronS.
    Jul 24, 2004
    Pretty Interesting movie. I thought Stephen Dorff did a great job as the villian and I thought he was convincing. Dennis Quaid was good and same with Sharon Stone who was really awful in Catwoman. This movie delivers some scares and I really liked some of the camra angles the director used. I thought that was pretty cool. Overall, its an entertaining flick. Cheers!

In one of the most laughable confrontations between humanity and nature since Elisha Cuthbert stared down the cougar on "24," Quaid's family runs amok in the house, as each member simultaneously discovers a carefully placed snake meant to scare them off the property, almost as if the snakes were working off a timer system. The film never recovers.
  2. Deafeningly dull movie.
  3. The journey, however, is a hollow one, since Quaid and Stone, for all their efforts, never really do seem married. Perhaps that's because Stone, with her dry-ice charisma, does everything that an actress should except connect to whomever she happens to be facing on screen.