1. DanielleB
    Jul 28, 2004
    I like Lindsay Lohan much more than Hilary Duff. But this movie obviously isn't the best of her films.
  2. CrystalR.
    Mar 4, 2004
    Sure, it had it's cute moments. But this movie was WAY too much for me! I honestly almost walked out. I love Lindsay Lohan, I think she's very talented, but this movie.....not so much!
  3. Zybard
    Aug 1, 2004
    Was this the sappy fairy tale prequel to Mean Girls? (I know that it isn't, just compare the two.)
  4. ~_*CuTiE*_~
    Sep 12, 2004
    I thought this movie was good, but not great. It was kinda...well...wierd. I love the piont about being who you are....but the wierd fantasys she had freaked me out!
  5. Sep 2, 2012
    Pure stupid teenage girl garbage. Sure, it had it's moments but the nonsense in this movie is way over the top. bad from start to finish with a few laughs in between.
  6. Sep 1, 2012
    I don't think there is actually a story anywhere in here. It feels like a bunch of random freaky scenes joined together. Still....Lohan manages to win me over.

1. Tethered to screenwriter Gail Parent's adaptation of Dyan Sheldon's novel, plus the demands of bigwig producers, it's a testament to Sugarman's artistry that she sustains her funky playfulness--a hallmark of her earlier work--throughout most of this film.
    A pretty little package whose perfect, fairy-tale ending is just a little too neat, the film's colorful wrapping includes veteran actress Carol Kane's bizarre but enjoyable performance as the school's uptight drama teacher.
    Welsh director Sara Sugarman and the great cinematographer Stephen Burum (Hoffa, The Untouchables) keep the visuals bouncing along in bright, primary-color-intensive fashion, but the movie has no real heart and even less soul.