6.8

1. Sep 9, 2011
    Great cast, decent acting, but disappointing movie. The science and relationships between the various agencies was interesting, as was the detective work. Jude Law's character felt more like an afterthought, not a solid piece of the plot. The movie had a good message, but it gets lost. I have recommended to friends and family - save your money and wait for the DVD.
  2. Oct 7, 2011
    This movie is very boring the only good parts very the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes everything in between it is just filler. Its mostly just people talking I thought I was going to fall asleep in the theather, I was so bored. One positive thing about this movie was the soundtrack it sounds like nine inch nails which is one of my favorite bands. the good: cool soundtrack
    the
    the bad: its boring its mostly just talking, the movie drags out to long it could've suprisingly been 30 minutes and said all it had to.
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    I had much higher hopes for this movie, but it turned out to be a decent disaster movie, with some reflexion on medical companies who could generate profit from these pandemics. I did not like how some characters acted totally un-realistical. When Kate Winslet's character tells that an average human touches his/her face thousands of times a day... What does she do next? Walking amongI had much higher hopes for this movie, but it turned out to be a decent disaster movie, with some reflexion on medical companies who could generate profit from these pandemics. I did not like how some characters acted totally un-realistical. When Kate Winslet's character tells that an average human touches his/her face thousands of times a day... What does she do next? Walking among infected people without wearing face or eye protection...Un-realistic...The other performances were all average, nothing outstanding. I can not really recommend this movie. It is nothing more than a great budget version of the same pandemic formula with the message that some pandemics might be created by medical companies to generate profit through their vaccines. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Slice of life (or in this case death). No significant plot just a plodding look at the progression of a pandemic. I wouldn't call that revelation a plot spoiler since the preview essentially tells the whole story at a glance. That said I stayed engaged for the whole thing, but I could understand if you didn't. I guess I was waiting to see how it ended... Here's your plot spoiler... It doesn't... it just stops abruptly! Let's just say I'm glad I bought the matinee priced ticket for this one. Expand
  5. Apr 21, 2013
    Contagion tells a decent, realistic story of... uh, contagion. It's fascinating on the scientific front but also rather cold and distant. Not to mention undramatic; the deaths of millions are seen from a very clinical, detached viewpoint. Still, it tells it's story effectively enough to scare you into using hand-soap more regularly.
  6. Sep 12, 2011
    An almost 2 hour film with an ensemble cast trying to look concerned about a virus. There is no horror, action or shock factor in this movie at all. I was expecting at least something exciting to happen in the movie but I guess Warner Bros. spent all the money on the cast and filming locations. It has gotten so many positive reviews because it could possibly be the first chick flick toAn almost 2 hour film with an ensemble cast trying to look concerned about a virus. There is no horror, action or shock factor in this movie at all. I was expecting at least something exciting to happen in the movie but I guess Warner Bros. spent all the money on the cast and filming locations. It has gotten so many positive reviews because it could possibly be the first chick flick to feature a super virus and Laurence Fishburne. Expand
  7. Oct 6, 2011
    Great cast and topic, but I expected more from Steven Soderbergh. The dialogue wasn't very good, no great performances by a actor/actress. The movie as a whole mainly focused on the humane aspects, but I would have hoped to see more how media and the drug industry affect the society and government - how todays capitalists actually run the governments. In general, it wasn't a bad movie, butGreat cast and topic, but I expected more from Steven Soderbergh. The dialogue wasn't very good, no great performances by a actor/actress. The movie as a whole mainly focused on the humane aspects, but I would have hoped to see more how media and the drug industry affect the society and government - how todays capitalists actually run the governments. In general, it wasn't a bad movie, but nothing memorable either. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2011
    this is a video review of the movie i found on you tube that i thought was interesting so take a look for yourself

9. Sep 25, 2011
    Contagion is about a group of people who must deal with the spread and containment of a highly contagious disease. Based on that statement you could probably guess what might happen. Sick people, a search for the cure, and widespread panic. Contagion is exactly what you think it is. Not to say that's bad, but I was not surprised by anything I saw.

The disease starts in Hong Kong, from

The disease starts in Hong Kong, from there it is carried by Gwyneth Paltrow back to the states where she and her son die within a day or so. Her husband Matt Damon, immune to the disease, is left to take care of himself and his daughter.

Meanwhile Laurence Fishburne, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard, and a few other major players are notified of numerous deaths happening around the world. The disease is spreading quickly, and the Center for Disease Control must find a vaccination and keep the public calm.

Jude Law a conspiracy blogger/journalist broke the story first. He questions if the CDC is really trying to help. He finds a medicine that he believes cures the disease, and spreads the word. As millions become affected chaos breaks out, road blocks are set up, and the people go nuts.

Soderbergh directed an all star cast. Scott Burns wrote a fairly smart script. The movie was well put together and entertaining enough, but nothing more than you'd expect. I wish Soderbergh would have gotten a little more experimental, maybe tinted the movie red or something like he did with Traffic. It seems like disease outbreak movies can go in one of two directions. An epidemic occurs and everyone turns into flesh eating zombies Aka 28 days later & I am Legend. Or an epidemic probably stemming from an animal becomes widespread, and the government works to contain the disease and the world seemingly goes ape **** Aka Outbreak.

I honestly felt like Contagion was too predictable and brought in tons of characters the movie couldn't devote enough time to explore. John Hawkes who I loved in Winter's Bone, plays a Janitor who shows up only once in each act of the movie, his character seemed compelling, but was pretty much wasted. The movie somewhat explored the idea that the government and CDC took care of their own before the average person. Hawkes character could have been used to show the struggles and desperation of a lower income individual taking care of his family during this epidemic.

Winslet and Cotillard were intriguing as well, but are never really explored. They came and went without us really knowing anything about them. I completely forgot about Cotillard until they mildly tie up her story near the end. I think this movie could have benefited from chopping off some of the extra meat. There were probably 7 or 8 main characters introduced, and only 2 or 3 were given the proper time to develop. Contagion tried to be this massive story about all these different people, but it just couldn't be done in 100 minutes.

For this movie to work, they were really gonna have to get us involved with these characters. So when they cry, we cry. When they are angry, we get angry, and so on. They basically just crapped on Matt Damon's character the whole movie, and by the end, sure I felt bad for him, but I wasn't really upset. His wife was cheating on him, he couldn't give his family a proper funeral, and he was stuck inside with no food protecting his daughter for months. I was more like, "jesus christ" cut this guy a break. You waited for some kind of reprieve, but what they gave him was pretty unsatisfying.

On the positive side, I always say if I can finish a movie in one sitting it was pretty good. And like I said the cast was impressive. Matt Damon is a great actor and he did what he could with the wiggle room he was given. He had two key emotional scenes, hearing his wife has died and dealing with it at the end, both were good. Jude Law probably had the best overall part. They flipped him around so rapidly, you're never really sure of his motives. He was probably my favorite character.

I really did like contagion, it just didn't add anything to the genre. If you're going to make a movie on a topic that's already been explored, you have to find a unique way to tell the story. This movie just rang repetition in my ears, and it'll quickly be forgotten.
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    Totally average in every way. No character development whatsoever. The most developed character in this film was "the government", and you know they are always the bad guy. And that whole thing with Lawrence Fishburn made no sense whatsoever. It's like they may have had something in the first cut, but then they had to cut the movie down to 2 hours. As a result, the audience was leftTotally average in every way. No character development whatsoever. The most developed character in this film was "the government", and you know they are always the bad guy. And that whole thing with Lawrence Fishburn made no sense whatsoever. It's like they may have had something in the first cut, but then they had to cut the movie down to 2 hours. As a result, the audience was left with nothing to attach itself to, except the virus. Expand
  11. Sep 19, 2011
    A real disappointment, given a good director and such a good cast. Just very mediocre all the way around, starting with a premise that his been done before (Outbreak, The Andromeda Strain), but those films showed more imagination and established more compelling relationships between the characters. It's good filmmaking, but not a great story.
  12. Sep 13, 2011
    This subject is more frightening than the movie. It's a rather cerebral look at the worldwide spread of a lethal new virus: personal reactions and panic in the streets, while scientists attempt to find a cure. The first 30 minutes almost seem like an upscale government informational video about plagues. While numerous parallel stories develop, none of them makes an emotional impact. TheThis subject is more frightening than the movie. It's a rather cerebral look at the worldwide spread of a lethal new virus: personal reactions and panic in the streets, while scientists attempt to find a cure. The first 30 minutes almost seem like an upscale government informational video about plagues. While numerous parallel stories develop, none of them makes an emotional impact. The star-laden cast gives it gravitas, but director Steven Soderbergh keeps his distance from involving drama. Cool soundtrack. You WILL probably be a bit more enlightened about hygiene and touching your face! Expand
  13. Sep 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For a movie about an epidemic, it really could have used a greater sense of urgency - or perhaps some zombies. It just falls flat and doesn't go down the rabbit-hole on enough issues. Would have been interesting to know a bit more about how the politics behind how the vaccines were being made. I'm not sure I'm a fan of how they reveal the initial source of the contagion at the end. Interesting, but there just wasn't a lot to it. Expand
  14. Feb 29, 2012
    Contagion is a very interesting movie. It is about a topic that we do not care until it is all over the world, an epidemic. But the things that difference it from other biological thrillers are the unknown origin of the disease and the multiple perspectives of the development of the epidemic.
    The unknown beginning of the virus gives Contagion a sort of mysterious atmosphere, but also approaches more to reality, because in most of this situation the authorities notice the problem when there are a few amounts of death people and several others infected; so the only solution is to find a cure. And if you add to this a new form of transmit the virus and scientific bureaucracy; you got a promising and very scary picture.
    The multiple points of views, which is a signature characteristic of a contemporary production, gives the movie a sort of feeling of a vast reality that no one can hold; and this is simply what a virus can do to humankind.
    Contagion has a terrific idea, simple performances and some characteristics of documentary; but the development of the story it is absolutely predictable.
  15. Sep 19, 2011
    My son asked me if this was a good movie and I had a hard time saying "yes". It wasn't a bad flick, but nothing really happens in it from a film-making point of view to qualify as a "good" movie. It wasn't a documentary, but it felt like it several times. It wasn't a thriller, but it felt like it several times. The main problem for me was that there wasn't a central character to focusMy son asked me if this was a good movie and I had a hard time saying "yes". It wasn't a bad flick, but nothing really happens in it from a film-making point of view to qualify as a "good" movie. It wasn't a documentary, but it felt like it several times. It wasn't a thriller, but it felt like it several times. The main problem for me was that there wasn't a central character to focus on. There were too many storylines. Some of them were interesting, but not so much as too garner all the attention. It just kind of meandered all over the place. Some stories play out, but others are left dangling in the wind. The audience is supposed to surmise the character's fate. The acting is top notch, but a similar (and better) movie is 1995's Outbreak, with Hoffman, Russo, and Freeman. Neither is very strong, but at least with Outbreak there is a plot and central characters to follow. Expand
  16. Nov 7, 2011
    Contagion borrows an overdone plot device and adds its own unique flair. An epidemic sweeps across the world, and it is up to one man to save his family from the invisible threat. At least, this is what you can infer from the trailer. However, after viewing Contagion, I get more of a documentary sort of vibe from the film. No matter what turmoils may be occurring, Contagion always bringsContagion borrows an overdone plot device and adds its own unique flair. An epidemic sweeps across the world, and it is up to one man to save his family from the invisible threat. At least, this is what you can infer from the trailer. However, after viewing Contagion, I get more of a documentary sort of vibe from the film. No matter what turmoils may be occurring, Contagion always brings it back to the cold hard facts. The Science. Which is good, if you're into that sort of thing. However, it felt as if the characters were underdeveloped or swept under the rug as an afterthought. The entire film could have been an endless source of suspense and drama if only the director decided to stop playing teacher once in a while. And considering the brilliant cast, one would expect that this would be the case. This brings me to my next point: the camera. During the opening moments of Contagion (the scenes that I remember the most, I might add) there were several shots that were held for far too long. This problem was subtle, but it made the film feel like a middle school media project. That being said, Contagion never falls flat on its face, and it did keep me on the edge of my seat throughout a few especially well done scenes during what I perceived to be the climax. Expand
  17. Sep 29, 2011
    The movie was well made with good acting and dialog. But really there were just too many deadends and predictable outcomes where the story just didn't go anywhere or add anything to the movie. I mostly enjoyed it but it definitely could have been a lot better with such a high class cast.
  18. Sep 10, 2011
    Okay folks, it was a bit drifty, and funny, as I viewed it...yes, there was the horror of the killer virus, but also, so too, the reality aspects of it that says then and now, some people WON'T DIE when these things hit. HELLO! And that's a GREAT point! And, yeah, more will probably die from the panic, etc. Recently had a major blackout. Hmm, did we pass the test? Are you ready? For anyOkay folks, it was a bit drifty, and funny, as I viewed it...yes, there was the horror of the killer virus, but also, so too, the reality aspects of it that says then and now, some people WON'T DIE when these things hit. HELLO! And that's a GREAT point! And, yeah, more will probably die from the panic, etc. Recently had a major blackout. Hmm, did we pass the test? Are you ready? For any thing? Are we still being led by the nose? As for the film, yeah, it was short, only an hour and 45 minutes? FELT LIKE 3 EASY! But still it was well made and the folks in it WERE good. Keep going 'Steve'. I don't like all of what you do, but this one's pretty good. Expand
  19. Sep 10, 2011
    I was rather disappointed. It had a strong cast of characters but including these many actors didn't come without repercussions. There was little to no character development as half of the cast had smaller parts. The part of this movie I enjoyed the most was the soundtrack. Eerie, intense, pulsating electronica that really nailed the mood of the movie. The ending was the worst part.I was rather disappointed. It had a strong cast of characters but including these many actors didn't come without repercussions. There was little to no character development as half of the cast had smaller parts. The part of this movie I enjoyed the most was the soundtrack. Eerie, intense, pulsating electronica that really nailed the mood of the movie. The ending was the worst part. Completely unsatisfying. Not for the weak of heart, I guarantee you'll be paranoid about germs for a few days after! But I think that's the fun part. If the movie had a better ending it would be a solid 8...otherwise for me it' a 6. Thanks for reading. Expand
  20. Feb 6, 2012
    100% should've been better with everyone who was involved. The movie hops around to so many things without developing one part of the story. I did, however, enjoy the very very end when it showed how the disease started but that was literally the only interesting thing I found.
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    The strong acting and the consistent visual style of Steven Soderbergh allows for a mild recommendation. The movie does tend to drag and the script could have been better, but it is worth a watch.
  22. Jan 2, 2012
    Is an entertaining movie, but only for an afternoon, nothing memorable, with a script pore risky, with irrelevant parts, and I have to emphasize the soundtrack was one of the things that caused me more trouble. I really expected a great movie but I was disappointed.
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    The synopsis is the best you'll get from Contagion as the movie thrills you for a bit then it dies off like a pill. This is one of those movies that are better off in books than on the big screen.
  24. Jan 8, 2012
    Contagion is a boring medical thriller with an awesome cast . The whole film seems too slow and the thrilling part wasn't so thrilling . It could have been an amazing thriller film but I found no life in the story . The story started good way but after that Contagion started to go down and finally at the end it was a great Disappointment . The only think kept me going was the acting.Contagion is a boring medical thriller with an awesome cast . The whole film seems too slow and the thrilling part wasn't so thrilling . It could have been an amazing thriller film but I found no life in the story . The story started good way but after that Contagion started to go down and finally at the end it was a great Disappointment . The only think kept me going was the acting. Marion Cotillard ,Matt Damon,Laurence Fishburne,Gwyneth Paltrow,Kate Winslet was great but Jude Law was the best thing in this whole film . His acting was great & also his character. If only they would work on the script it could be Soderbergh's one of the top films. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    Soderbergh reprend le même principe que Traffic. La drogue, c'est fini, place à une contamination virale! Avec en plus un casting en or (Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Jude Law, Kate Winslet et tant d'autres), ce film promettait. Malheureusement, il ne sera pas la claque tant attendue. D'accord, pour un film s'appelant "Contagion", il faut bien admettre que leSoderbergh reprend le même principe que Traffic. La drogue, c'est fini, place à une contamination virale! Avec en plus un casting en or (Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Jude Law, Kate Winslet et tant d'autres), ce film promettait. Malheureusement, il ne sera pas la claque tant attendue. D'accord, pour un film s'appelant "Contagion", il faut bien admettre que le sujet est détaillé comme il faut. Mais le scénario s'intéresse plus au virus qu'aux personnages, se montrant incroyablement sans âme et limitant à un point les jeux d'acteurs pourtant excellents. Contagion souffre de l'absence d'une puissance émotionnelle et de scènes véritablement "choc" qui auraient pu le rendre intéressant au possible. Et je ne parle pas d'une bande -son qu'un certain Tron n'aurait pas renié. En somme, le film est fade, mou, inintéressant, mis en scène sans imagination et joué sans certitude... Franchement, ce film aurait pu être un documentaire, tant on a affaire à une leçon qu'à un long-métrage. Expand
  26. Sep 16, 2011
    Wasn't disappointing by any means, but is also not a must-see movie. Good acting, especially from the children, and an original musical score. But the movie left too much unanswered (and not in a sequel kind of way) and the climax was rather irrelevant to what the entire movie leads up to. Worth a see, but maybe wait until DVD. It didn't seem to stand out from any other decentWasn't disappointing by any means, but is also not a must-see movie. Good acting, especially from the children, and an original musical score. But the movie left too much unanswered (and not in a sequel kind of way) and the climax was rather irrelevant to what the entire movie leads up to. Worth a see, but maybe wait until DVD. It didn't seem to stand out from any other decent collapse-of-society movie. Expand
  27. Oct 25, 2011
    Oh, no...another movie that capitalizes on our ultimate F.E.A.R.s (Future Events Appearing Real)? Not exactly. Although Contagion is a vividly imagined scenario of a pandemic which creates world panic, it is also a compelling mystery with richly portrayed characters. With one exception I cannot fail to point out, Contagion is a compelling, well-paced film with intricate plot twists.Oh, no...another movie that capitalizes on our ultimate F.E.A.R.s (Future Events Appearing Real)? Not exactly. Although Contagion is a vividly imagined scenario of a pandemic which creates world panic, it is also a compelling mystery with richly portrayed characters. With one exception I cannot fail to point out, Contagion is a compelling, well-paced film with intricate plot twists.

There are heroes, victims and villains in Contagion which boasts a talented and prestigious cast, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Laurence Fishburne, Marion Cotillard, Elliott Gould, and Jennifer Ehle. As the virus escalates to international proportions, these actors portray the carriers of the virus, the officials of the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization who attempt to respond and contain the disease, the well-meaning family members who escalate the panic, and finally those who seek to capitalize on the disease for personal gain or personal safety. The script ingeniously contemplates the impact of a fast-moving virus, with no vaccine, on the world and on the individual, and the performances reinforce this impact with their authenticity. Contagion is a playbook for a disaster preparedness plan complete with the bureaucratic stumbling blocks, but with selfless acts of heroism to overcome them. If only.

Unfortunately, during the flashback montage at the end of the film intended to reveal the origin of the deadly virus, the filmmakers play their ideological cards in a way that is not only hokie, but the lameness detracts from this otherwise deftly delivered film. Although there may be many real-life examples of corporate misdeeds with negative impact on the environment and human kind, the filmmakers presented their idea in Contagion in such a contrived, implausible scenario that it insults the intelligence of a thinking person with its obvious agenda. For these reasons, I give Contagion an average rating of five out of ten...just don't forget to think. This review also appeared at www.filmdilettante.com.
  28. Oct 26, 2011
    To sum it up in one word - disappointing. The storyline is slow to pick up pace, and is ruined by repetitive music that doesn't fit in as characters on the screen mime. The tension and drama grows mid-way through, and I was left feeling something big was going to happen. Whatever this 'big' thing was, it never came, and the film closed on an anticlimax, leaving me thinking "what was theTo sum it up in one word - disappointing. The storyline is slow to pick up pace, and is ruined by repetitive music that doesn't fit in as characters on the screen mime. The tension and drama grows mid-way through, and I was left feeling something big was going to happen. Whatever this 'big' thing was, it never came, and the film closed on an anticlimax, leaving me thinking "what was the point in that?". The realism portrayed in the film is boring, as are the random voice-overs of news presenters and constant shots of doorknobs, handles, buttons etc. All in all, it's not awful, but I would certainly not recommend it. Expand
  29. May 11, 2012
    It is a good movie that provides the front story and back story of a disease outbreak. I find that there is enough character development for a decent story here.
  30. Nov 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I saw this movie. It was alright. It wasn't really about any of the characters though, more like about a virus, and how the government might respond to a pandemic situation. So, you know, its got Matt Damon, and Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, and I think I saw Elliott Gould somewhere. But those cool actors didn't really do anything cool. They just kind of got sick and died sometimes. Expand
  31. Mar 21, 2015
    This film has a good premise and a good plot, but the ending left me disappointed as it could have achieved much more. The characters felt a little flat and could have been developed further to give more of a connection with the audience, but the story was gripping and realistically scary. A good concept for a film with an average execution.
  32. Jan 20, 2012
    Paul Offit, a pediatrician and vaccination expert, stated (after seeing the film) "typically when movies take on science, they tend to sacrifice the science in favor of drama. That wasn't true here." Well, Doctor Offit was correct. That's rather unfortunate in this case, especially when you're pumped up to watch a film that was advertised as a "medical apocalyptic thriller" in the moviePaul Offit, a pediatrician and vaccination expert, stated (after seeing the film) "typically when movies take on science, they tend to sacrifice the science in favor of drama. That wasn't true here." Well, Doctor Offit was correct. That's rather unfortunate in this case, especially when you're pumped up to watch a film that was advertised as a "medical apocalyptic thriller" in the movie trailer. While Contagion itself is not a bad flick it did disappoint me in terms of seeming more like a documentary than a fall blockbluster. Expand
  33. Jan 27, 2012
    Slow, emotionless and lacks any sense of threat. Looks like they really needed the all-star cast and locations to make this hard to tackle story more interesting.
  34. Feb 3, 2012
    Good movie if you don't mind it's slow pace and lack of action. It's a bit long and will think its ending before it actually does.It's also confusing. Just be glad it makes sense most of the time.
  35. Sep 2, 2014
    A curious venture into the world of devastating disease and epidemia. Contagion lacks occasionally in development; however, manages to be absorbing throughout.
  36. Mar 24, 2012
    I wanted Contagion to be more daring more scary but it just didn't get there. I was waiting to see the world turn into turmoil and even with all the different stories they all seemed disconnected. i was sitting there wanting more from a film that could have been great.
  37. Apr 22, 2013
    It`s worth watching, but only because it`s something that can possibly happen. The movie is dull for the most part. I can barely remember any moment in this movie. The only reason you should watch this is if you really have no other quality options. I should probably give it less but I had nothing better to watch when I saw this, so I was happy to at least find something that got my interest.
  38. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With a plot line jumping around far too much, Contagion is just another boring drama. Expand
  39. Aug 11, 2013
    a very interesting movie that held almost no character development. Showed an interesting take on what the world would be like if such a virus attacked the world.
  40. Jul 20, 2015
    Great story,awesome acting and a subject that can make anyone paranoid,Contagion is an interesting movie that could have been a lot better if the movie was not that boring.
  41. Aug 6, 2014
    The premise of the movie is what drew me in, especially with the current Ebola breakout in West Africa. I also read on a Reddit AMA that the movie somewhat accurately portrays things like the CDC and how an outbreak might be managed in the US.

The first 10 minutes are very dramatic and pull you right into the story. As the worldwide outbreak picks up speed, you're on the edge of your seat wondering how serious it will get. Unfortunately the story loses momentum in the last half to third of the movie. It tries to encompass too much: the rogue blogger preaching the 'truth', the family in Minnesota, the head of the CDC and his wife, the researchers that are working on the vaccine, etc.

Great potential here but I think the director lost focus on keeping a main storyline. I almost feel like this could have been a miniseries with more time to develop the characters and the individual subplots.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Oct 17, 2011
    A starkly effective ensemble drama which could well do for the sniffles what Jaws did for great whites.
    Like much of Soderbergh's recent work, Contagion feels a little sterile, more like a cinematic exercise than something with blood pumping through it. It's certainly high-minded - it might be the most high-minded disaster movie ever made.
  3. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Sep 12, 2011
    Contagion is serious, precise, frightening, emotionally enveloping.