6.0

1. Apr 17, 2013
    No spoilers here because there really isn't anything original about this film. It isn't a bad movie, it just isn't anything else either. Hollywood ran out of good guys for movies and started attempting to make us care about bad guys who 'just want to be good.' Very formulaic bad guy turns good guy force to be bad guy again or else. You end up not caring for anyone in this film and in the end you probably won't care for the film itself. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    Talk about disappointing. If you want to watch a film about prepping for a heist this is your film! I kept wondering when something was going to actually happen. Nothing special about it at all. I'll take The Italian Job please. Now that's a great heist film. I think Wahlberg wanted to recapture that magic. Sadly it didn't happen.
  3. May 29, 2012
    20-mins into the movie and it's all been cliche drug talk not a damn bit of action unless you call Wahlberg's character knocking a gun out of his face because the guy threatens his wife and kids and a minute later placates the guy's kid who sees them tussling, seriously, he says me and daddy are just playing, fking pssy talk, hit the gotdam Stop button right after that "awesome action". Not recommended at all. Expand
  4. Apr 17, 2012
    A friend of mine told me to see this because 'it was totally sick'! It wasn't, it was Hollywood formula at it's most banal. Trite and predictable with an atrocious script which is the usual case with mainstream films coming out of the good 'ol USA. Giovanni Ribisi is a brilliant talent but was underutilised. If he had a bigger role the film might not have sucked so much.
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    It started off interesting but quickly became another generic action film that I stopped watching about half way through. It has a generic plot with poor twists and turns. The acting is average at best. Its just a generic film imo.
  6. Mar 7, 2012
    Great, other action film, Contraband is the classic film of the next elements: the characters think what do, and after boom, kaboom, he die, they kill other guy, and is not funny, is same like The Mechanic and all this films of Statham.
  7. Feb 24, 2012
    This movie is crap. Ridiculous premise. Essentially it glorifies crime and its one wear the worst of the bad guys win. There is great acting, but it gets lost. No sense of consequence for any action taken in this movie at all. Essentially if you are a cop, or an innocent, tough luck. Wasted my time! Don't even bother watching this when it is on free to air, unless you have absolutely nothing to do. Collapse
  8. Feb 8, 2012
    This film is utterly unsatisfying.
    Not even slightly entertaining, some of the performances were utterly laughable, and the script was horrifyingly bad.
  9. Feb 2, 2012
    Quite frankly, to be it nice and easy, i was disaapointed. I wasn't going to see this movie because its nominated for best picture or any academy awards. I saw this movie because i thought it would be a good fun action film with alot of Mark Wahlberg kicking a$$, but there wasn't any of that. The Story was lackluster, the acting mediocre and the action wasn't there. I literally saw no action besides one 3 min scene, and by the review for this movie they make it look like Wahlberg is gonna do his usual thing and kick a$$ but he threw maybe 4 punches the whole movie. To sum it all up in two words, weak and disappointing describe this film perfectly, don't bother, even though its already been out awhile. 3.5/10 Expand
  10. Jan 27, 2012
    Lower than average heist picture is more about getting a quick paycheck than making an actual film. Most of the actors phone in their work(besides Giovanni Ribisi, going too over the top). It's only mildly suspenseful or compelling, where a mediocre narrative is the main driver to the film over any notable acting or action sequences. We've seen this sort of thing on TV.

1. Reviewed by: Jamie Graham
    Mar 18, 2012
    Don't expect glamorous outlaws, sunny locales and exotic masterplans – this low-key thriller lifts the rusted lid off an all-too-real world of despairing criminality.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 18, 2012
    It's a thriller in which the twists become so absurd that it becomes a kind of caper, but without the humour.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Jan 24, 2012
    Nothing about it lingers, not even the sulfuric stench of a bum scene or a particularly hammy performance.