8.0

1. ThomasR.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Why is it that Al-Jazeera acts as the voice of Islamist terrorists, broadcasting their messages, their decapitation tapes, their threats, and their hate speech? Do you think a legitimate news service would ever dream of doing such a thing? I think there should be an investigation into exactly how this network gets the "inside scoop" from these individuals. They seem to be the "minister of Why is it that Al-Jazeera acts as the voice of Islamist terrorists, broadcasting their messages, their decapitation tapes, their threats, and their hate speech? Do you think a legitimate news service would ever dream of doing such a thing? I think there should be an investigation into exactly how this network gets the "inside scoop" from these individuals. They seem to be the "minister of information" for Islamic terror. As far as the movie goes, I was extremely unimpressed. Not nearly as good as her last film. Not at all even-handed. I wouldn't call it a documentary as much as puff piece. Don't bother with this film. Expand
  2. mattm.
    Apr 22, 2005
    I had to watch this movie for a class, however if that were not the case i would have turned the TV off in 2 seconds, this movie was the biggest waste of 84 minutes and the way that al jazeera propogates war just makes me sick.
    Dec 25, 2005
    A very bias movie favoring Al Jazeera, a known supporter of terrorism. It is a shame that we have to commit so many good soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines to defend other nations from their own criminals. What a waste of Great Americans. God Bless America!

1. News management is the main issue. Control Room shows how coverage is tailored to fit the audience, both by al-Jazeera and its Western counterparts.
  2. Think of Control Room as a through-the-looking-glass movie. Like Lewis Carroll's Alice, viewers of this remarkable documentary will be disconcerted by a glimpse of a world where everything is reversed.
  3. Enlightening, if structurally relaxed documentary.