Cool and Crazy

7.7

1. almam
    Apr 8, 2005
    This film was so true to life, and hauntingly beautiful. I am only sorry I saw it on a TV screen rather than the cinema.
  2. B.Simpson
    Mar 14, 2002
    One of the most beautiful and humanistic documentaries I have ever seen. There was a hushed lull over the entire audience as the film ended and we made our way out into the street, a huge sign that once we stepped outside we'd be looking at passers-by in a far more intimate way than we did when we walked into the cinema. BRAVO! Till lyke!
  3. BobH.
    Apr 12, 2002
    If an expedition to Mars is ever marooned there, I hope this movie is included in their emergency supplies.
  4. YoonC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    Reasonably interesting documentary about uninteresting subject matter.
  5. GunnAngelskår
    Dec 11, 2001
    This film is outstanding, the men are real, its no fake like "reality-tv", culture is living in the districts. Thes choirmembers are just like the other people living in this community, and other like it along the coast.
  6. KarenC.
    Feb 18, 2003
    I really enjoyed seeing this movie. I would like a copy to send my aunts in Minnesota.

1. It's so thoroughly engaging, so beautifully made, strikingly shot and chock-full of humor and humanity, I can't imagine any intelligent audience not falling in love with it - if only they take the leap of faith to see it.
  2. Every time things start to get dull, you're brought up short by another moment of surprising beauty.
    Berlevag's 1300 inhabitants are by nature hardy and uncomplaining, but Knut Erik Jensen's unhurried documentary reveals that there's more to them than mere stoicism.