Focus Features | Release Date: February 6, 2009
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 608 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ALEXANDERD2022Feb 13, 2017
Coraline The Door You don’t Want To Leave.

Coraline The Door You don’t Want To Leave.

The stop motion movie known as “Coraline” has a unique plot in which a little girl goes through a door where all of her dreams come true. Henry Silick’s great casting and screen play writing along with Neil Gaiman's clever book created the very unique and brilliant plotted movie.

Coraline and her family arrive at the “Pink Palace Apartments”. After Coraline, her mother, and her father unpack. She is approached by a neighbor named Wybie and gives her a doll that in which resembles her. As Coraline explores the house the finds what appears to be a cloth door sown into the wall. During the day as she settles in she tries to get her parents attention but they don't listen and she begins to grow a bitter taste in her mouth for them. As she sleeps she is awoken by mice in her door and follows them downstairs and through the door in the wall and discovers the “other world” where everything is better and her “other parents” which are the complete opposite of hers now want her to live with her forever. But she soon finds out she should appreciate what she has and accept that not everything is perfect.

“Coraline” is a decent movie. Sure it didn’t really stick with its MPAA rating but still they put a lot of work into plot, however but not as much in the soundtrack. Coraline has one of the best plots I have heard in a long time. In the movie she moves into a new house and gets very interested in a peculiar door made of cloth. Unknown the door holds mysterious secrets and the young girl named Coraline learns to be careful of what she wishes for. Coraline’s plot is pretty complex and mysterious and that’s what I like about it. The theme to Coraline was “to be happy of what you have” but in this movie they took that in different perspective. Something in Coraline that I hate is the repeated soundtrack. It’s like they work so much in the inside of the movie but didn’t do as much work on the outside. People who like interesting plots and spine-chilling animations would definitely take interest in this film. Although the film is rated PG and is an animated film, you should check the most recent reviews because the film has caused some problems with younger kids. “Coraline” the movie is one door to adventure that you don’t want to leave. The total rating on most websites and reviews is 4 out of 5.
Ben_MFeb 13, 2017
“Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion, was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are Coraline (Dakota Fanning), Other Mother (Teri Hatcher), Miss Spink“Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion, was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are Coraline (Dakota Fanning), Other Mother (Teri Hatcher), Miss Spink (Jennifer Saunders), Miss. Forcible (Dawn French), and Mr. Bobinsky (Ian McShane).

The movie “Coraline” follows Coraline Jones, an 11-year-old girl as she moves to the Pink Palace along with her parents. Coraline spends a lot of time outside since her workaholic parents neglect her, and meets a geeky and weird boy named Wybie and his black cat who lives with his grandmother who is the landlady of the Pink Palace Apartments. Coraline also meets Mr. Bobinski, the Russian acrobat, and Miss Spink and Forcible the retired actresses. Wybie gives her a doll that strongly resembles Coraline that she keeps with her. One night, Coraline follows a mouse that leads her to the small door that she found that day while exploring and travels through the hole that leads her to another, parallel world. Her parents in that world love her and do nice things with her, unlike her real parents. These button-eyed characters are called Other Mother and Other Father. As Coraline goes to the other world, she is told not to go through the door, but she doesn’t understand why since that place has everything she ever wanted. But the more time she spends there, the more “creepy” things get and Coraline finally realizes that the other world may not appear as it seems.

Some of the pros are that it’s able to be more enjoyable at a higher age, something can pop out of nowhere very unexpectedly, and the animation is stop-motion which is not too often seen in a movie. It also has very unique and diverse characters, like a talking cat or 80-year-old show women. The only real criticism is that it can be very creepy for young children, and the plot can be stagnant at times. I thought that Coraline was a little scary at the part where her other mom and dad had buttons sewed to their eyes in the parallel world. The general feel of the movie, however, like how it’s animated was very pleasing to look at. This movie also has a really interesting and engaging soundtrack that can make you want to move to it, or even be a little creeped out, like when Coraline is laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Another thing that I noticed is that strange customs like stuffing dead dogs so that you would not have to part with them. While “Coraline” may have a PG rating, you may want to consider if you would want your child to see it or not. I would recommend that the age groups that should watch it are around 13 and up. The reason for this recommendation is that kids may be scared of some intense scenes like jump scares and creepy events. Kids might not also understand the storyline, for it is very intricately written. But overall, for most people, this will be a very interesting movie to watch for a delicate story yet filled with action.
Final Movie Rating Out of Five Stars: Four Stars: * * * *
mrkrambeckFeb 13, 2017
“Coraline” Makes You Want to Get Your Butt-on Your Couch to See It “Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are“Coraline” Makes You Want to Get Your Butt-on Your Couch to See It “Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are Coraline (Dakota Fanning), Other Mother (Teri Hatcher), Miss Spink (Jennifer Saunders), Miss. Forcible (Dawn French), and Mr. Bobinsky (Ian McShane).
The movie “Coraline” follows Coraline Jones, an 11-year-old girl as she moves to the Pink Palace along with her parents. Coraline spends a lot of time outside since her workaholic parents neglect her, and meets a geeky and weird boy named Wybie and his black cat who lives with his grandmother who is the landlady of the Pink Palace Apartments. Coraline also meets Mr. Bobinski, the Russian acrobat, and Miss Spink and Forcible the retired actresses. Wybie gives her a doll that strongly resembles Coraline that she keeps with her. One night, Coraline follows a mouse that leads her to the small door that she found that day while exploring and travels through the hole that leads her to another, parallel world. Her parents in that world love her and do nice things with her unlike her real parents. These button-eyed characters are called Other Mother and Other Father. As Coraline goes to the other world, she is told not to go through the door, but she doesn’t understand why since that place has everything she ever wanted. But the more time she spends there, the more “creepy” things get and Coraline finally realizes that the other world may not appear as it seems. Some of the pros are that it’s able to be more enjoyable at a higher age, something can pop out of nowhere very unexpectedly, and the animation is stop-motion which is not too often seen in a movie. It also has very unique and diverse characters, like a talking cat or 80 year old show women. The only real criticism is that it can be very creepy for young children, and the plot can be stagnant at times. I thought that Coraline was a little scary at the part where her other mom and dad had buttons sewed to their eyes in the parallel world. The general feel to the movie however, like how it’s animated was very pleasing to look at. This movie also has a really interesting and engaging soundtrack that can make you want to move to it, or even be a little creeped out, like when Coraline is laying in bed trying to go to sleep. Another thing that I noticed is that strange customs like stuffing dead dogs so that you would not have to part with them. While “Coraline” may have a PG rating, you may want to consider if you would want your child to see it or not. I would recommend that the age groups that should watch it are around 13 and up. The reason for this recommendation is that kids may be scared of some intense scenes like jump scares and creepy events. Kids might not also understand the storyline, for it is very intricately written. But overall, for most people, this will be a very interesting movie to watch for a delicate story yet filled with action.
Final Movie Rating Out of Five Stars: Four Stars: * * * *
CAYDENB2022Feb 13, 2017

“Button” Your Seat Belts and Watch this Awesome Movie “Coraline”

I just saw the movie “Coraline” and in my opinion it was a very enjoyable movie. “Coraline” is a stop-motion film produced by Henry Selick. It is a very bland movie but you barely notice while watching. He may have perhaps, the most effective stop motion-film with an enlightened, involving story that will attract any age above ten.

The story starts when Coraline and her parents move into an apartment. Coraline gets bored so she goes exploring in the garden. When she was exploring in the garden she finds a well, and she also meets a boy named Wybie. After exploring in the garden she starts wandering around the house, where she finds a secret small door. When she goes through the small door she finds herself in a different reality where her parents are nice and fun. Even though her neighbors who are Mrs. Spink, Ms. Forcible, and Mr. Bobinsky, said not to go through the door. After all the fun time in the different reality, she doesn’t want to go back anymore. The story is to show to be grateful for what you have. What I liked about the movie was the animation style was impressive because it was stop motion as well as 3-D. I also liked the plot because it always keeps you on the edge of your seat. I also liked the character development. They introduced the characters at the right time. What I didn’t like was the music that always played because it was really boring and slow. Another dislike was the parents weren’t as important until the end which I didn’t like as much because In my opinion if the parents were more of a big deal it would have been a little more interesting. If you like intense and happy ending movies then this is the movie for you.This movie was rated PG. I think it wasn’t appropriate for the targeted audience. You should talk to other friends that have seen it and ask them if it would be appropriate for you. If you want to take your kid to watch it, you should make sure they are mature enough and won’t be freaked out for awhile.

I thought this was a 3.5 star movie. I would watch it again but no more times after that. All in all it was a good movie with great animations.
nathans2022Feb 13, 2017

sumras2021Feb 13, 2017
“Coraline” will have you traveling through worlds to watch it.

“Coraline” will have you traveling through worlds to watch it.

If you are looking for a good movie to take you away from reality “Coraline” is the movie for you, even though everything seems perfect things soon change because not everything can be perfect. This movie is about a young girl who travels to an alternate universe and then finds her “Other Mother” and becomes in grave danger The production was made by Focus Features, Laika Entertainment, Pandemonium.
This story takes place in Pink Palace Apartments where Coraline and her parents move to a new house in Oregon that was old and has lots of mysteries. The main characters in this story are Coraline Jones, Mr. Bobinsky, Wybie, the cat, Miss Spink, Mel Jones, and Miss Forcible. She finds a small little door with bricks behind it. One night she finds a path through it and she gets into another world. It was so interesting, but everyone had button eyes. We feel this movie has funny characters with great personalities. Bobinsky is the best gymnast we’ve ever seen, Wybie had a really dope motorcycle, and Coraline led the movie really well .The movie went from happy to sad to happy and even in some parts it was a little spooky and weird.The best part about the movie was when Coraline was trying to escape from the secret door, trying to save her parents from the other mother. The part I didn’t like about the movie was when Coraline was not listening to her parents.
We all agreed that this movie is not for little kids movie. It is more for ages 9 and up because it has some scary parts and scary images, some language and suggestive humor, something little kids won’t understand. The MPAA rating of the movie is PG, kids are allowed to watch it but we wouldn’t advise. I think our final thought on the film is a decent movie with a good plot but it got confusing at times. If we had to give this movie a grade I it would be a C with 3 stars.
reshmaFeb 13, 2017
“Coraline”(not Caroline) “Coraline” is an Adventure, Fantasy, and Thriller movie. Henry Selick was the main producer and director of the movie. The studio that produced it was Focus. It is an animated adventure movie that has many cool“Coraline”(not Caroline) “Coraline” is an Adventure, Fantasy, and Thriller movie. Henry Selick was the main producer and director of the movie. The studio that produced it was Focus. It is an animated adventure movie that has many cool effects but also flaws.
For this movie I would recommend it to people who like adventure, mystery or a thriller. For the age I would say around 8 or older due to scary jump scares and scary characters at the end of movie, inappropriate scenes like not enough clothing on a few of characters you might not want your kids to see. The MPAA rating is PG. Our overall thought of this movie was that is a pretty average. Scale of 5 stars
3 Stars * * * “Coraline” is an Adventure, Fantasy, and Thriller movie. Henry Selick was the main producer and director of the movie. The studio that produced it was Focus. It is an animated adventure movie that has many cool effects but also flaws.
The main character of this movie is Coraline (Dakota Fanning). Coraline is an adventurous person that likes to explore around her new home after moving to Pink Palace Apartments. As Coraline is exploring outside she meets a boy named Wybie(Robert Bailey Jr).That gives her a doll that looks just like her. When she starts to explore the house she finds a secret door in the wall that leads her to a place that is as perfect as can be with the “other parents”. Coraline starts to go back every day. But, she starts to get warnings about a dark secret in the so called perfect world that puts Coraline and her family in danger. One of the good things about the movie are the effects.The way they could make the characters do certain things seemed like it took a lot of time to do. Also the concept of the story and how they executed it was pretty good. Another good thing about this movie was the animation. But, the movie was also very predictable and got a little boring as it went on. It’s likely they started to ran out of ideas on how to keep the movie going so it seemed as if they put in little time as the movie progressed.

Nick2021Feb 13, 2017

You will get lost in the movie “Coraline”

“Coraline” will take you to a magical new world. The dark fantasy novella “Coraline”, written by Neil Gaiman, was developed for the screen and adapted by the screen by Henry Selik. Created in 2009 by Laika Entertainment, it is a fantasy thriller and is one hour and forty minutes long.

Eleven year old Coraline Jones isn’t happy with her new life in Pink Palace Apartments. Her new house is dingy and falling apart, and there seems to be no one her age around, besides a weird boy named Wybie and his stray cat. Worst of all, her parents, especially her mom, seem not to care about anything Coraline does. When Coraline discovers a strange hidden door in their living room, she is thrilled to leave her boring and run down life. The door takes her into an alternate version of her world, one that gives Coraline everything she has ever wanted, including the ‘Other Mother’ that treats her as a princess. After several visits to the Other World and mysterious warnings from her eccentric neighbors, Coraline starts to question whether this ‘perfect world’ holds a dark and sinister secret. “Coraline” was an incredibly detailed stop-motion film. The dark fairy tale style of the animation really caught my eye. Coraline, Other Mother, and the other characters were detailed and each had their own, distinct personality.The intricate plot will keep entertained and anxious for what comes next, although it may be too complex for young viewers to fully understand the film. Some scenes may also be scary for children younger than 7. “Coraline” conveys the message to children and parents to appreciate one another. I would recommend this movie to children above the age of ten. The MPAA rating is PG, but some scary scenes and the intense plot may not be suitable for younger kids. Overall, I felt that this movie was extremely creative and unique. Our Rating
3.5 out of 5 stars
NateM2021Feb 13, 2017
“Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are Coraline (Dakota Fanning), Other Mother (Teri Hatcher), Miss Spink“Coraline,” a dark fantasy movie, in my opinion was a fantastic movie. The movie was produced by Lakia Pandemonium. The director is Henry Selick, and the characters are Coraline (Dakota Fanning), Other Mother (Teri Hatcher), Miss Spink (Jennifer Saunders), Miss. Forcible (Dawn French), and Mr. Bobinsky (Ian McShane).
NiaK2021Feb 13, 2017

3.5 out of 5 stars
ConnorT2021Feb 13, 2017
Everyone remembers as a kid wishing for a different life, or different parents. The movie “Coraline” is a very unique movie And you can tell that these producers put a lot of work into this movie. I thought that this was a movie that isEveryone remembers as a kid wishing for a different life, or different parents. The movie “Coraline” is a very unique movie And you can tell that these producers put a lot of work into this movie. I thought that this was a movie that is different from most other movies that I have seen. “Coraline” has a very eventful storyline, it gives off a sort of dark feeling and leaves you in suspense throughout the whole movie. Laika Entertainment also did a great job in casting as well.
“Coraline” is very creative and has some very precise details that I found interesting. For an example, the setting, Ashlynn, Oregon was settled around 150 years ago. Look out for a part in the movie where they mention that in the movie as well, you can tell that these people did some serious research. The movie starts off by Coraline (Dakota Fanning) moving to a new house called the Pink Palace Apartments and she is not exactly excited about leaving her friends behind. Coralline is quickly introduced to some of her next door neighbors. Wybie (Robert Bailey Jr.) , the next door neighbor, is a young boy who lives with his grandmother. Mr. Bobinsky (Ian McShane) , her other next door neighbor, is a retired acrobat that works with circus mice and helps her along the way. The ladies downstairs to her apartment also play a big role in the story. Coraline’s parents ( John Hodgman and Teri Hatcher) work all day for a flower catalogue and they never spend time with their daughter. All Coraline wants is to have a loving family and some nice friends to play with. Coraline soon realizes throughout this movie that there is no perfect family.
This movie has its pros and cons. One thing I disliked about “Coraline” is that I wouldn’t say it is appropriate for little kids. There are a few scenes that would most absolutely be scary for them, such as a few jump scares. Another thing I didn't like about this movie is that the storyline is very confusing and I definitely had to watch this more than once to actually understand what was even going on. One pro I had for this movie is that it had a good theme, which I won’t spoil for you. Another thing I enjoyed about this movie is that it left me at the edge of my seat. I had no idea what was going to happen next! I have one more thing that impressed me. The animation is just wonderful. I cannot believe how seamless it is. This certain type of animation is labor intensive and so hard to do, and this movie had great animation.
Even though this movie is rated PG, I would recommend this movie to kids over eight years old. Due to some very scary and inappropriate parts. If you are really wanting to have your child watch this, maybe you should watch it first just to be safe. Overall, I thought that this film was pretty decent, but I do believe that it could’ve been better.

Rating
3 out of 5 Stars
jessicambrown1Feb 13, 2017
“Coraline” Will Transport You to Another World. Our class all saw “Coraline” in English class. We are here to tell you a little bit about it, and what we thought of the movie. “Coraline” is a movie with a hard concept to grasp for most“Coraline” Will Transport You to Another World. Our class all saw “Coraline” in English class. We are here to tell you a little bit about it, and what we thought of the movie. “Coraline” is a movie with a hard concept to grasp for most kids. The stop motion in this movie looked very real and detailed. Laika Entertainment made the movie and I would say they did an excellent job with this movie. The story was mainly about a girl who had just recently moved to Pink Palace Apartment.

Coraline Jones (voiced by Dakota Fanning) is a 11-year-old girl who has just moved from her hometown in Oregon. She moved to a new home in the Pink Palace Apartment. Coraline is constantly being ignored by her parents and while she was sent to look around the house she finds a secret door. After opening the door to only find a brick wall Coraline went to sleep disappointed. She woke up to find these weird mice running around in her house so she followed the mice until they ran into the door that was now somehow unblocked. She crawled through the door to find an amazing world where her other parents lived. Everything is amazing and she loves to go to this other world. However signs point to this other world being dangerous such as children going missing in the house. Coraline was a very intriguing movie. It kept our attention throughout the whole movie. The animation looks very detailed and creative. The main character Coraline kept you wondering what would happen next as she crawled through the door in the wall, to emerge into a different world. The pacing in the movie was brilliant so you could understand why the main character Coraline would be angry with her situation in the real world. Audiences get to learn about her life through small details such as the picture of her friends. Although there were a fair share of negative things about this movie as well. “Coraline” had some scary scenes that may not be appropriate for younger audiences. This movie is rated PG, so young children have gone to see it. Through personal experience, this movie was very scary as a kid. We all agree that this movie made sure nightmares. “Coraline” should not be rated PG-13 but it is definitely not for 5 and 6 year olds. We would say it should stay rated PG but is more appropriate for 10 year olds or older. Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
abcdefgaaaFeb 13, 2017
I watched “Coraline” in English class, for an assignment. It’s a Stop Motion movie, meaning the company, Laika Entertainment, used clay figures to make millions of pictures move every frame. They also implement backgrounds using technology.I watched “Coraline” in English class, for an assignment. It’s a Stop Motion movie, meaning the company, Laika Entertainment, used clay figures to make millions of pictures move every frame. They also implement backgrounds using technology. A girl named Coraline moved into the Pink Palace Apartment from Michigan and hates everything about it. In an act of boredom her father tells her to count the windows around the house, and she accidentally discovers a door behind the wallpaper that was blocked off by bricks. The day after Coraline finds the door, Wybie gives her a doll that looks suspiciously like herself. She keeps the doll by her bed and that night she goes into a better version of her life. The other world includes her Other Mother, Other Father, and her other neighbor Wybie. The main characters include Coraline Jones played by Dakota Fanning, Both mothers were played by Teri Hatcher, Mr. Bobinsky was played by Ian McShane, and Wybie was played by Robert Bailey Jr. I liked the movie because it had a unique style and was different than most other animated movies. It was well put together and each scene was very whimsical. I like the scene in the garden when all the flowers bloomed and created Coraline’s face. One of my favorite parts is when the piano is playing the Other Father and he says something that he wasn’t suppose to say.

Overall the movie is rated PG and I agreed with that. But, this movie should be on the older end of PG meant for children who are 8 and older because it involves scenes with suspense and then people or things jumping out at the screen. It also includes people changing into different “things” that might frighten young children. This movie had a good overall feel to it but, I would not recommend this movie to anyone under 2nd grade. I recommend this movie to anyone 4th grade or higher.
Gabe_BucherosFeb 13, 2017

dylanm2021Feb 13, 2017
“Coraline will have you trapped in a web of mystery”
“Coraline will have you trapped in a web of mystery”

Rating out of 5: * * * * * 5 Stars
aariahmerayFeb 13, 2017
Coraline will Sewprise You from the Beginning

Coraline will Sewprise You from the Beginning

I recently watched the movie Coraline made by Laika Entertainment during English class. It was a very entertaining movie but also had an odd fee9ling to it. I’d like to inform you of positive and some negative points to the movie and why you should watch it. Coraline is about a girl who has to move to a new home, called the Pink Palace. She goes exploring outside her new home and meets a new ‘friend’ named Wybie. He is not aloud to go into the pink palace because his grandmother says it’s “dangerous.” One day while Coraline was exploring her new home, she found a mysterious door. At first it’s locked but she makes her mom find the key to the door. When she opens it up, it’s filled with brick. During the night, when everyone else is sleeping, a mouse lead her to this suspicious door she was so curious in. She opens it up once more but this time there is no brick and it brings her to another dimension. Everything in this universe is considered to be much better than Coraline’s reality. In the normal world her parents avoid her, the mom doesn’t cook dinner, and, they won’t grow a garden. In this opposite universe, everything is more enjoyable. Her other mother and father love Coraline, and spend lots of time with her. Show her amazing shows performed by Bobinsky, and cook amazing dinners. But, is it as great as it seems? Some things I like about this movie is its plot and the voices were very good. There was also lots of things going on in the movie which made it interesting. Some things I didn’t like includes, it’s not age appropriate. The animation made it very dark and mysterious, which could easily scare a 5-7 year old. But, there was many good things about this movie as well. For example, it always kept you at the edge of your seat, and there are many surprises that could be peeking around the corner. Coraline gets to enjoy fancy gardens and nice dinners which is shows a very happy and positive effect on the movie. She gets everything she wants in the world and is offered to stay forever. Overall, Coraline was a entertaining move, but should not be rated PG.
The group of people that would like this movie is probably teens and adults. The movie is rated PG but I would only recommend it for the upper elementary kids and older. I think that because the movie is scary and too mature for young kids. It contains some minor animated nudity. Which, some parents will not find appropriate for their 7 year old children. But, I do understand why it is PG. It is animated and contains dolls and playful young children. But, some things like, the creepy dolls and button eyes could scare younger children more than entertain them. It also contains creepy classical music that could cause chills down your back. It’s a good movie, but I only recommend it for older children, teens, and adults. Scale of 5 Stars: 4 Stars ****
RyleehFeb 13, 2017
“Coraline, Not Your Average Doll” I just saw the movie “Coraline”, and it was okay. There were things that were good and things that were bad about it, but overall it was a decent film. It’s about an 11 year old girl that moves into an old“Coraline, Not Your Average Doll” I just saw the movie “Coraline”, and it was okay. There were things that were good and things that were bad about it, but overall it was a decent film. It’s about an 11 year old girl that moves into an old house known as the Pink Palace. She finds a small door behind the wallpaper. The door leads her to a world that leads her to an alternate reality, where everything is how she wants it to be, but everyone has buttons for eyes.

The plot took place at the Pink Palace and at the Pink Palace in the fantasy world. Then when Coraline goes to the fantasy world she meets another mother and the she makes her everything she ever wanted and the world is perfect there, but her other parents are not as they seem. Her other mother is someone that kidnaps children who want a better life than what they already have. Coraline kept on going to the fantasy world, and one time, she is taken by the other mother. She meets the ghosts of kids that the other mother had stollen. They tell her that she was in terrible danger, and they asked her to free them. They also tell her how to save her parents, who were taken earlier in the story. With these events, they made the plot very well rounded and interesting.

The movie was pretty good all around, but it did have its fair share of negative things about it. I liked what they tried to do with the plot, but they shouldn't've done it in claymation. It would've been better if they had done it like a normal movie. Laika Entertainment did do a good job on the animations. At times, the plot was a little hard to follow, but they did get back on track and it was very clear after that.

This film wasn’t all bad. It also had some positive points to it. The plot was really interesting and put together well and it kept the viewers on the edge of their seats. When a plot can do this to viewers, you know it is a good storyline. The character development was okay, but they could have incorporated all the characters a little more. The setting really contributed to help the plot thicken. Being located at an old building that was built 150 years ago really helped setting a creepy atmosphere. This movie is not suitable for its rating. Kids at the age of 5-9 would not be able to understand it and it might scare them. Note that this movie should be seen by children around the ages of 13-up. The MPAA says that it is PG, but it should really be PG-13. It has parts that are just too scary for kids younger than 13. I got scared and I’m older than 13. It was enough to give me nightmares. There is a metal hand that was just so creepy. But all in all, it was a good movie that had some bad things. They could’ve done better, but for claymation it was overall a decent movie.
riannac2021Feb 13, 2017
“Coraline Has Us Sewn In From The Beginning” We just watched the movie “Coraline” and Laika Entertainment hit us hard with an easy movie for older kids to understand. The animation style in this movie is amazing it goes it extreme detail.“Coraline Has Us Sewn In From The Beginning” We just watched the movie “Coraline” and Laika Entertainment hit us hard with an easy movie for older kids to understand. The animation style in this movie is amazing it goes it extreme detail. This movie isn’t really appropriate for younger kids but if kid enjoys creepy Tim Burton Movies then they would enjoy this movie. Laika Entertainment once again made a genius movie for people wanting to watch animated movies that are gloomy.
In the movie “Coraline”, Coraline moves into here new apartment called the Pink Palace in the middle of nowhere. At first she doesn’t like the Pink Palace because she thinks it is boring and there is nothing to do. She found somebody named Wybie and he gave her a doll that looked just liked her. Her parents always are working and never have time for her. She goes looking around the house and finds the door. She goes into the kitchen and asked her mom for the key, her mom finds the key in a drawer and goes to open the door Coraline was talking about. She opens the door and it's a brick wall. Then it was time for bed, she went to her room and fell asleep and mice came in her room and woke her up and lead her to the little door. She opened the door and found there was an opening and it lead her to her other mother, who is a creepy and controlling. Watch this movie in order to find out Coraline’s fate. I really enjoyed this movie and the actors and how they put emotion into this movie. One of my favorite parts was when they went into the alternate reality and met the other parents. The animation was so bright and colorful. The garden scene is vibrant and makes you want to be in a garden. Coraline is known for her blue hair an d daring personality.What i didn’t like was how it had too many plot holes for you to figure out as the movie went on. A plot hole is basically how you have to figure out what happened without the movie directly telling what has happened.
I would recommend this movie to the age of 8 and up. An 8 year old may not understand it as well but they would still enjoy it. A 13 year old would understand some of the difficult topics like the alternate reality. This movie might scare little children because there is some parts where it can or may scare them. Its rated PG because of the images and some of the language. I also think it was a great movie because it explained a perfected story and it explained things really well but some parts did get confusing that's why we gave it a four star rating. 4 out of 5 stars rating
Carloso2021Feb 13, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just saw “Coraline” and I want to say something about it. This movie is like Wallace and Gromit meets Ghostbusters creepy. Laika Entertainment really liked to build up suspense and action whenever something big was about to happen to Coraline. This movie is about a girl named Coraline. She moved to an apartment complex called the Pink Palace. She goes exploring and meets a boy named Wybie with a strange stray cat. She runs into a weird and crazy circus ringleader named Mr. B. Also, she finds a pair of twins that own three dogs and live in the basement and they always argue with each other and can tell her the future. She explores the house and discovers a hidden door. The door at first was blocked by bricks but after she starts to fall asleep. She hears mice in her room goes of to chase them and the mice end up going to the door. She opens it and finds out that the door is a portal to an alternate universe controlled by Other Mother. She did everything to make Coraline’s life happier but just to take her because she “needs love.”

I thought the movie “Coraline” was a really good and interesting movie. It was really specific on how old and run-down the place was. The movie started out with Coraline having a rough time living in a new place. It is a really eerie movie because she was living with mysterious neighbors and there was a lot of minor things that helped like the fog and the setting. I just didn’t like the rating for it because it would be a little scary for younger kids. There is also a boy named Wybie with a stray cat that stalks her and she can’t do or have a lot of the things that she wants. I think the people who like scary or creepy movies would like this movie. I recommend not letting the littler kids see this. It’s more meant for kids about 11 and up. It is extremely creepy and would scare little kids. I would rate this movie PG-13 because 13 year olds would like this movie if they don’t get creeped out. I say “Coraline” is an overall good movie. I give it an A or 5 stars.
andrewg2021Feb 13, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I recently watched this film and thought it wasn’t half bad. In fact, it was better than that. This movie wasn’t the best movie I’ve seen, and I may be slightly biased since this isn’t a genre I enjoy that much. “Coraline”, made by Laika Entertainment, made a unique, different type of stop motion film with a darker twist to it. The story is far different than any other traditional kid’s movie, and the film must’ve been a major risk considering that no one had made a movie like this for such a young audience.
The movie starts with the main character, Coraline, moving into an apartment for the summer. After exploring, she later finds a well, and not too long after she meets Wybie. Then Wybie tells Caroline that that house is haunted, because his grandma's sister went missing in the Pink Palace, the company that owns the apartment complex Coraline's living in. Coralline also finds out that Wybie has a doll that looks exactly like Coraline herself. The night Coraline found the doll, she went to bed, but was a awaken in the middle of the night and led to the secret door by a mouse, that is now open. The door acts as a portal, that leads to another dimension just like her own, yet there are a new set of parents. This dimension is mostly the same, but for one huge difference, they all have buttons for eyes. In this world, there is another version of her mother, and through a series of events she manages to gain Coraline’s trust, but It turns out that her other mother is an evil beldam that wants to be loved, forever. Through vigerous tasks Coraline eventually has to free her parents that the Other Mother has captured and escape the dimension she is trapped in. My favorite part about this film is the stop motion animation, and how unique it is for it’s making in 2009. For me personally, I love and absolutely adore unique art styles and indifferent animation styles, and that also goes for this film as well. There are plenty of stop motion films, but this catches my eye just for it’s unusually dark story. The animation was a little clunky at times, where the movements of the characters were a little choppy rather than smooth. I also like just how bizarre it can be, especially in a scene where the world seems to deteriorate. There are many scenes that are bizarre enough to reach my expectations. I wouldn’t recommend this movie to many younger viewers, most children seven or under should avoid this film. When I was around the age of five, I saw this film for the first time and it absolutely terrified me, and after that experience I never wanted to see it again because it scared me so badly. However, coming back to view the movie nine years later I can appreciate that it’s a good film. I’d highly recommend this to viewers of the age ten or older. Most young children wouldn’t even be able to appreciate the film for what it is anyway. Though the film is rated PG, it should’ve been a little higher or have some age restriction on the film. My view of the film is that it’s one I like, just not my favorite. However I am a slightly biased just since it’s not my favorite genre of film.
SamanthaF2021Feb 13, 2017
I would describe Coraline as a “kid-friendly horror movie”. A movie for only the children with brave souls that can handle jump scares, characters that not only look a little scary, but possess voices that are anything but soothing. ProducedI would describe Coraline as a “kid-friendly horror movie”. A movie for only the children with brave souls that can handle jump scares, characters that not only look a little scary, but possess voices that are anything but soothing. Produced by Laika Entertainment, Coraline creates a very twisted plot which presents the theme of “be careful what you wish for”, but does this movie depict the theme in a way which children will learn from it? I believe it does, if the child isn’t covering their eyes and ears throughout the climax of the movie.
The introduction of this movie, will have the audience disturbed right off the bat. Hands, with long fingers of steel, intricately ripping into the seams of a stuffed doll and recreating its fabrics to make it look exactly like the main character, Coraline. Coraline is a spunky child who had just recently moved into ‘The Pink Palace’, a three story townhome located in the middle of the woods. Coraline goes outside one day, to be disturbed by a stray cat, and her new annoying friend Wybie. We don’t know where Wybie lives, but we do know that he is forbidden from going into the Pink Palace by his strict grandmother. Wybie states that his grandmother doesn’t allow him in the Pink Palace because his grandma’s sister was ‘stolen’ while exploring the Pink Palace and never returned. Coraline, being the sassy thing that she is, rolls her eyes at the thought of her home being dangerous and ignores Wybie. She then comes home, and experiences her parents ignoring her, because they are too busy hunched over their computers to play with her and is disappointed because her parents treat her like she doesn’t exist. The next day, Wybie introduces Coraline to Mr. B, an insane acrobat who is disgustingly flexible. Soon after, Wybie gives Coraline a doll that looks almost exactly like her. Coraline takes the doll and sets it near her bed in a position as if it is watching her. I believe she does this to make it feel like someone does care about her parents, because her parents don’t show they care about her at all whatsoever.
Later, while Coraline’s parents are minding their own business, Coraline finds a small door inside of a wall. She nags her mom for the key to this door, and she does, in exchange for Coraline to leave her alone. Coraline finds that nothing is there but a brick wall, a big disappointment for Coraline. That night she finds jumping mice, that lead her to the small door. When it is opened, she has access to a colorful tunnel, that leads to an entire new world! This new world greets her with an abundant feast and new parents. These parents call themselves the ‘other mother’, and the ‘other father’, and they fill this other world with wonders and superficial love and care for ‘their child’. Coraline soon discovers that this world isn’t what it claims to be, only to learn to “be careful what you wish for”.
Coraline, is a movie that in our opinion, has many positives and negatives. For example, we really enjoyed the stop motion animation that most somewhat recent movies don’t have. We also enjoyed the parts of the movie that were more uplifting, such as when the other mother and other father fed her, showed her the garden that looked like an exact replica of Coraline’s face, the circus shown by Mr. B and the circus mice, and the dog theatre, where an exotic play was presented by Ms. Forcible. However, this movie did have multiple negatives. The dark storyline will definitely either scare a young audience away, or bore them to sleep. Overall we would give this movie a 3 star rating, because we all thought the movie was weird and disturbing but at some parts we liked how it all connected throughout the movie. The type of people to watch the movie depends how brave they are. Children ten and older could watch it, but little kids can watch it if they are brave enough. I would recommend this movie to people who like a little jump-scary action with a gloomy atmosphere. Coraline’s MPAA rating is PG. The movie has it good parts and it’s bad places, but we thought it was okay.

Rating
*** (3-Star Rating)
senae2021Feb 13, 2017
We looked through the button eyes of Coraline in the movie “Coraline” and would like to give our opinion over it. “Coraline” is a movie about an a girl who’s unhappy with her life with her family. She was forced to move away from all herWe looked through the button eyes of Coraline in the movie “Coraline” and would like to give our opinion over it. “Coraline” is a movie about an a girl who’s unhappy with her life with her family. She was forced to move away from all her friends and live in the Pink Palace. From there she faces challenges but meets new friends along the way. Laika is the company that produced this movie. We thought Henry Selick (the director) and Laika did a great job making this movie happen. “Coraline” took place in the Pink Palace Apartments where she found a magical doorway that leads to an alternative, better world. In the other world she meets improved versions of the people she knows, such as her parents. Everything in that world is how she wants her life to be. This world ended up being pretty dangerous for Coraline. Coraline struggles to find her way and learns to appreciate what she has and not what she wants. We liked the stop motion animation in this movie and appreciate how long it takes to do it. We also liked all the characters such as Coraline, Wybie, Bobinsky, and the Black Cat. One of our favorite scenes in the middle of the movie was about one of the many wonders, the other father’s garden. The beautiful flowers seem to come to life as she walks through the garden. One of our least favorite scenes from the movie is when she had to throw the black cat to escape one of the many dangers. Overall, we all think that this movie is really good. This movie is PG, but we think that a certain age group should watch it. It could be hard for little kids to understand and it will most likely scare them. We recommend ages 10 and up so they will be understand the actual storyline. We also don’t recommend this movie to adults, but it is still good for all age groups. Overall this movie is pretty good but is hard to understand the plot and the message that goes with it. Expand
sarail2021Feb 13, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sweet “Coraline” We watched “Coraline” in class, and we found the movie to be very interesting. Laika Entertainment presents a creepy but funny story of a girl experiencing a whole different world, which can be good and bad. The movie is sure to give you a fright. From the almost falling down the well, to the bug-eating other mother, you never know what is going to happen next! Most of us were really engaged in the plot and it kept us wanting to see the next scene. The story starts off with a doll being made that looks identical to Coraline. Then, the real life Coraline and her family had just moved into a new house. While she is exploring, she meets Wybie, who lives with his grandma and his cat in a nearby house. He later gives her the Coraline look-alike doll. On her way home, she finds that her mail was mixed up with her neighbor Mr.B’s mail. She visits his house and delivers his mail to him. Then, Coraline was looking through her new home when she came across a small door behind the wallpaper. At first, there was only bricks behind it. But, during the night she woke up and there was a mouse that lead her to the door. Behind it was another world where she met her other parents with button eyes. She experiences different things like a performance at Mr. B’s house and amazing feasts made by her other parents. Behind the door, her life is everything she ever wanted. But, everything turns upside down when she finds out what her other mother really wants from her.
There were lots of things we liked, and some things we didn’t like as much. Something we particularly liked about the movie was all of the details in the characters and the scenery. The first scene when Wybie and Coraline first met, kept us on the edge of our seats. Another thing we liked was the stop-motion animation. The portal to the other world was really detailed. One of the most liked characters was the cat because it can talk and he helps Coraline in the movie. We found that the buttons for eyes was a really creepy touch to the story, and we didn’t really enjoy it. But, we understood that it was an important touch to the story. Something else that was really creepy was when the mice that showed Coraline the doors turned into rats.
Although the movie was really interesting, we wouldn’t recommend the movie for children under the age of eight. The story can be a little frightening to it’s target audience. There are lots of scary characters and scenes that could not be the best for kids under 8. But, we think adults and kids older than eight would really enjoy the movie. The movie’s MPAA rating is PG because it has some scary images. We would say that this movie is great and really interesting. We give this movie 5 out of 5 stars. We gave it this rating because the suspense and action kept us wanting more.
ETHANM2021Feb 13, 2017
charleen2021Feb 13, 2017
“Through Button Eyes”

“Through Button Eyes”

We looked through the button eyes of Coraline in the movie “Coraline” and would like to give our opinion over it. “Coraline” is a movie about an a girl who’s unhappy with her life with her family. She was forced to move away from all her friends and live in the Pink Palace. From there she faces challenges but meets new friends along the way. Laika is the company that produced this movie. We thought Henry Selick (the director) and Laika did a great job making this movie happen. “Coraline” took place in the Pink Palace Apartments where she found a magical doorway that leads to an alternative, better world. In the other world she meets improved versions of the people she knows, such as her parents. Everything in that world is how she wants her life to be. This world ended up being pretty dangerous for Coraline. Coraline struggles to find her way and learns to appreciate what she has and not what she wants. We liked the stop motion animation in this movie and appreciate how long it takes to do it. We also liked all the characters such as Coraline, Wybie, Bobinsky, and the Black Cat. One of our favorite scenes in the middle of the movie was about one of the many wonders, the other father’s garden. The beautiful flowers seem to come to life as she walks through the garden. One of our least favorite scenes from the movie is when she had to throw the black cat to escape one of the many dangers. Overall, we all think that this movie is really good. This movie is PG, but we think that a certain age group should watch it. It could be hard for little kids to understand and it will most likely scare them. We recommend ages 10 and up so they will be understand the actual story line. We also don’t recommend this movie to adults, but it is still good for all age groups. Overall this movie is pretty good but is hard to understand the plot and the message that goes with it.
kierraa2021Feb 13, 2017
I recently watched this film and thought it wasn’t half bad. In fact, it was better than that. This movie wasn’t the best movie I’ve seen, and I may be slightly biased since this isn’t a genre I enjoy that much. “Coraline”, made by LaikaI recently watched this film and thought it wasn’t half bad. In fact, it was better than that. This movie wasn’t the best movie I’ve seen, and I may be slightly biased since this isn’t a genre I enjoy that much. “Coraline”, made by Laika Entertainment, made a unique, different type of stop motion film with a darker twist to it. The story is far different than any other traditional kid’s movie, and the film must’ve been a major risk considering that no one had made a movie like this for such a young audience.
dejad2021Feb 13, 2017
Sweet “Coraline” We watched “Coraline” in class, and we found the movie to be very interesting. Laika Entertainment presents a creepy but funny story of a girl experiencing a whole different world, which can be good and bad. The movie is sureSweet “Coraline” We watched “Coraline” in class, and we found the movie to be very interesting. Laika Entertainment presents a creepy but funny story of a girl experiencing a whole different world, which can be good and bad. The movie is sure to give you a fright. From the almost falling down the well, to the bug-eating other mother, you never know what is going to happen next! Most of us were really engaged in the plot and it kept us wanting to see the next scene. The story starts off with a doll being made that looks identical to Coraline. Then, the real life Coraline and her family had just moved into a new house. While she is exploring, she meets Wybie, who lives with his grandma and his cat in a nearby house. He later gives her the Coraline look-alike doll. On her way home, she finds that her mail was mixed up with her neighbor Mr.B’s mail. She visits his house and delivers his mail to him. Then, Coraline was looking through her new home when she came across a small door behind the wallpaper. At first, there was only bricks behind it. But, during the night she woke up and there was a mouse that lead her to the door. Behind it was another world where she met her other parents with button eyes. She experiences different things like a performance at Mr. B’s house and amazing feasts made by her other parents. Behind the door, her life is everything she ever wanted. But, everything turns upside down when she finds out what her other mother really wants from her.
jurassic_jess6Feb 13, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. “Coraline Has Us Sewn In From The Beginning” We just watched the movie “Coraline” and Laika Entertainment hit us hard with an easy movie for older kids to understand. The animation style in this movie is amazing it goes it extreme detail. This movie isn’t really appropriate for younger kids but if kid enjoys creepy Tim Burton Movies then they would enjoy this movie. Laika Entertainment once again made a genius movie for people wanting to watch animated movies that are gloomy.
Rosariok2021Feb 3, 2017
After previously watching the movie “Coraline”, I’ve decided to let others know how I feel about the movie. Henry Selicks’ “Coraline”, is an interesting, imaginative and creative movie. While the creepiness of the movie gets to me, itAfter previously watching the movie “Coraline”, I’ve decided to let others know how I feel about the movie. Henry Selicks’ “Coraline”, is an interesting, imaginative and creative movie. While the creepiness of the movie gets to me, it delivers an informational message that not many children will pick up on, but an adult, or 14 year old, could get the message. This movie never seemed to bore me or others at any time keeping all of us entertained or immersed in what's happening.
When Coraline moves into Pink Palace apartments, she feels bored and alone because she doesn’t have any friends and her parents are always working. She soon meets a boy about her age named Wybie, and her neighbors Miss. F, Miss. S, and Mr. Bobinski. Coraline then finds a hidden passageway that leads to an alternate universe where everybody has buttons sewn into their eyes and she gets everything she wants including tons of attention from her ‘other parents’. She goes there everyday for awhile. One day they tell her that if she wants to, she can live with them forever but only on one HUGE condition. That’s when she realizes that everything’s not as perfect as it seems in the alternate universe and learns to accept what she has outside of the alternate universe even if it’s not everything she wants. While “Coraline” was an interesting film, it had a few flaws and things I strongly disliked. Firstly, it might be kind of hard to explain the moral of the story to a toddler. Second, the animation was slightly off at times. But there were many perfections about this movie too, such as the creativity in the names. It had good twists, and the animation was okay at times and kind of creepy. “Coraline” is rated PG with some considerable sinister scenes from beginning to end. The movie is aimed for children to get a lesson across that we should not take anything for granted because it could be much worse. Coraline was planned out and told pretty well with the voices and characters being spot on with how you would expect it to be. To really get a grip on the movie and it’s meaning an older audience would be suggested. I would recommend this movie to anybody 10 or older and ready to sink into a great movie. Coraline showing great morals and a great story makes this movie top-notch and a definite must watch again.
FreedomFightersNov 18, 2016
There's no two-ways about it, "Coraline" is absolutely magnificent. In a year that featured some pretty amazing animated films, "Coraline" definitely stands out in the crowd. It's brilliantly crafted, wonderfully written, and superbly acted,There's no two-ways about it, "Coraline" is absolutely magnificent. In a year that featured some pretty amazing animated films, "Coraline" definitely stands out in the crowd. It's brilliantly crafted, wonderfully written, and superbly acted, all the while feeling unique, fun, fresh, creepy, and above all, entertaining. The stop-motion animation genre has been home to a number of great films, and "Coraline" is definitely chief among them. Do not hesitate, make it a point to watch "Coraline." Expand
ReubenIsAGodOct 31, 2016
Films a near masterpiece. I absolutely love stop-motion animation, and this is definitely one of the best. Everything that laika has been putting out is absolute astonishing, or at least a little lake-warm, but i absolute adore this film forFilms a near masterpiece. I absolutely love stop-motion animation, and this is definitely one of the best. Everything that laika has been putting out is absolute astonishing, or at least a little lake-warm, but i absolute adore this film for its dark horrifying storytelling and just being an absolute classic. Expand
reviewfrom19842Sep 3, 2016
Not only a good movie for kid but adult to. It is entering for all ages The animation is fantastic the story is really dark so a kids movie in a good way and the charters are likeable.
GamecubeLoverJul 3, 2016
This movie is an endless cycle of creativity and spookiness. This movie just makes me wonder sometimes. The animation is pretty cool to be honest. I do recommend this movie.
talisencrwMay 3, 2016
Neil Gaiman is so contemporarily vital, both in literature and cinema, because he more than anyone else (with the possible exception of Terry Gilliam) notes that children and adults alike are fascinated with what lies outside our observableNeil Gaiman is so contemporarily vital, both in literature and cinema, because he more than anyone else (with the possible exception of Terry Gilliam) notes that children and adults alike are fascinated with what lies outside our observable and tangible realms of existence. He realized the reasons storytelling have been significantly important since the dawn of mankind, and devised, as the Brothers Grimm did, that fairy tales and children's stories had to be haunting and entertaining to be both memorable and timeless. This is a great film depicting the growing sense as a child approaches adolescence that their parents and their world aren't exactly as they seem, and that through their trials and tribulations (the 'rites of passage', if you will) they'll reach the 'happy medium' they need to in order to find true happiness in their lifetimes.

I definitely hope that all of Gaiman's books and graphic novels are made into movies (I most anticipate the 'Miracleman' graphic novels--both those by him and Alan Moore). Ones so well-written would truly be 'comic book movies' worth watching for me.
SEROJFeb 16, 2016
Absolutely stunning animation! Thrilling till the very end! If you like animations and scary movies, you don't want to miss "Coraline", watch it without any doubt!
EpicLadySpongeJan 20, 2016
If you've seen The Nightmare Before Christmas, stay tuned for this fabulous movie coming out in your way so you can see how 'spooky' this film is. I wouldn't say it's spooky, but it still works as a term anyways.
WJSJul 21, 2015
I'm not sure what demographic this films is aimed at. It's a brilliantly executed stop motion story that you would think would be family fair, but really it's a sophisticated horror tale that really isn't meant for the younger crowd. It'sI'm not sure what demographic this films is aimed at. It's a brilliantly executed stop motion story that you would think would be family fair, but really it's a sophisticated horror tale that really isn't meant for the younger crowd. It's very well voiced and looks amazing and once I got into it, I found it very intriguing but it took at least 45 minutes for me to get past the at times trippy look and feel. I now understand "The Boxtrolls" and "ParaNorman" a little bit better but "ParaNorman" is still my favorite of the three. Expand
Meth-dudeMay 23, 2015
Interesting premise,great voice acting and great graphics are probably the best things of Henry Selick's Coraline.The atmosphere is dark and the movie is entertaining.An enjoyable movie but he's easy to forget.
teddylukeApr 6, 2015
a great amazing movie with a good story and characters. this is one of my animated film of all time. I really think this movie is up there with all the Pixar film not cars 2.
Kris511cFeb 5, 2015
i only have 1 problem with this movie, the mom is just to evil, in the book you could feel there at least was some love left in here, but in the movie is she just a **** ells is it a great movie, one of the best i seen, great art, atmosphere,i only have 1 problem with this movie, the mom is just to evil, in the book you could feel there at least was some love left in here, but in the movie is she just a **** ells is it a great movie, one of the best i seen, great art, atmosphere, and characters Expand
YourOtherMotherFeb 1, 2015
Couldn't even get to sleep after watching this, it was fricking spooky. And it's meant for kids wtf? Don't they get creeped out? If I was in that world I'd commit suicide.
Parappafan1996Jan 13, 2015
Up there with The Nightmare before Christmas and The Lion King as one of the greatest animated films of all time, it's only dud being Coraline's mom, who is actually kinda of a... You know what.
SatiricalewokNov 8, 2014
Good god this film is creepy. Forget actual horror films, I can safely tell you that this was scarier than any horror film I have seen since it's release. Aside from the near mental scarring I underwent, this film was fantastic, it containsGood god this film is creepy. Forget actual horror films, I can safely tell you that this was scarier than any horror film I have seen since it's release. Aside from the near mental scarring I underwent, this film was fantastic, it contains some of the best animation I have ever seen, and one of the most compelling heart warming stories. Just don't watch it at night. Expand
horcrux2007Sep 29, 2014
"Coraline" is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen the movie over fifty times because I would watch it nearly every day when I was younger, and I've read the novel five times. The animation is twisted yet breathtaking, and the 3D is"Coraline" is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen the movie over fifty times because I would watch it nearly every day when I was younger, and I've read the novel five times. The animation is twisted yet breathtaking, and the 3D is innovative and absorbing. The plot is very original, intriguing, and even a little scary which makes for a thrilling experience. Expand
JacobSep 26, 2014
This is an excellent movie. It deviates from the book slightly but it is at the core still true to the story being not only a faithful adaption of a book but a great film in its own right. The story is really good with some great morals andThis is an excellent movie. It deviates from the book slightly but it is at the core still true to the story being not only a faithful adaption of a book but a great film in its own right. The story is really good with some great morals and is well paced and put together. The characters for the most part are likeable and relatable. The stop motion animation is fantastic and there is some great directing in regards to angles and lighting. The story is a little too streamlined at times and certain elements are added to the film that I could’ve done without but they don’t take away from the experience too much as the film is still faithful to the book and a great adaptation. This film made me feel like a kid again and this one of those great kids movies that children should see (although they should read the book first). Kids aren’t the only who will enjoy this adults will enjoy at as well for being well written and well put together. This is the first film from Liakala Studios and for a first film its really impressive. Cannot wait to see what this studio does next because this is a great film that I’d highly recommend watching if you haven’t seen it already. Expand
lukechristianscSep 26, 2014
this movie continues to scare me and gives me nightmares i still think about it. from the director of Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas and James and the giant peach). Basically Henry Selick directs the same exact motion in animationthis movie continues to scare me and gives me nightmares i still think about it. from the director of Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas and James and the giant peach). Basically Henry Selick directs the same exact motion in animation as Nightmare Before Christmas but i am not sure if he's a copy cat of Tim Burton or if he wants to do the same thing as he did in 1993. Lets Talk about the movie Dakota Fanning is Caroline which she has amazing performance as Caroline, including the rest of the cast. its a creepy eye button film that has Henry Selick's direction where it needs goes it has a complete imagination from the director. ( Henry Selick is the perfect animation director keep doing good films). Grade A+ Expand
elsylorenaAug 23, 2014
Una película hermosa, con una animación increíble, una magnifica historia y trama, con una gran dirección, una película entretenida que te mantiene al tanto.
SushiStonerAug 15, 2014
This stop motion animation creates an eerie but unimaginable visuals, sinisterly dark and extraordinary with a fantastic plot, by far one of my favorite children movies of all time.
FranzHcriticAug 1, 2014
I was convinced this was Tim Burton's work. The darkness yet playfulness of the film's plot had me, this was the purpose, thinking I had just seen paranormal activity. The choice to do it in stop motion was probably the only method that couldI was convinced this was Tim Burton's work. The darkness yet playfulness of the film's plot had me, this was the purpose, thinking I had just seen paranormal activity. The choice to do it in stop motion was probably the only method that could have to make the plot fit into a film. The story is so original it's insightful. And the visuals of stop motion looked time consuming and amazing to look at. The film was both weird, funny, and terrifying. Expand
juliankennedy23Jul 15, 2014
Coraline: 7 out of 10: Whom is this movie for is a question that dashed through my mind while watching it. It is too scary and adult for most children. The film is full of High Octane Nightmare Fuel and retired adult entertainment stars withCoraline: 7 out of 10: Whom is this movie for is a question that dashed through my mind while watching it. It is too scary and adult for most children. The film is full of High Octane Nightmare Fuel and retired adult entertainment stars with naked elderly puppet breasts... come to think of it that is High Octane Nightmare Fuel as well.

As for the adults in the audience, I fear that in my case the film was too distant. I never felt emotionally attached to our plucky protagonist. In part because she is not a very nice girl (nor terribly plucky now I think about it) and partially because the film seemed to place her and her predicament at a distance.

On the other hand, I was floored by the sheer artistry of the film. Visually this is simply one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. Director Henry Selick who helmed such stop motion masterpieces as James and the Giant Peach and The Nightmare Before Christmas has taken his art to a new level. Words simply cannot describe the visual delights that lie inside Coraline.

While I found the story somewhat distancing I also recognize the depth of the tale. Coraline’s two universes mirror each other in a complicated web rather than a simply black and white as one might expect. The ocean here may not be that wide but it is amazingly deep. To bad the water was a little cold for this swimmer.
gaurusMay 24, 2014
Having never read the novel, I just wanted to view this movie as soon as possible. Now I am happy that this movie carries a great message and also great animation. It is one of the best stop-animation I have seen and also a best dark fantasyHaving never read the novel, I just wanted to view this movie as soon as possible. Now I am happy that this movie carries a great message and also great animation. It is one of the best stop-animation I have seen and also a best dark fantasy animation. The originality of the plot and the beautiful animation may entertain the audience of every age group. Expand
NAQURATORApr 3, 2014
Breathtaking images, a hell of a story and a kind of a dark twist that just adds to the quality of this masterpiece. candy for the eye and a captivating story that puts you in the universe/fantasy of coraline. This again isn't just a movie,Breathtaking images, a hell of a story and a kind of a dark twist that just adds to the quality of this masterpiece. candy for the eye and a captivating story that puts you in the universe/fantasy of coraline. This again isn't just a movie, it's a masterwork in its genre. It had that same feeling as nightmare before christmas but didn't have all the songs (I'm not a fan of musicals,...), so for me it was that much better!
A must watch for everyone (I say this a lot), but this is one of those animated pictures that even adults will fully enjoy!

Just my opinion
RastrellyJan 26, 2014
Wonderful movie based on great reimagining of Alice in Wonderland. Perfect animation accompanied by stunningly atmospheric soundtrack. Great characters. I was really impressed.
Brandy2001Jan 14, 2014
This movie excceded my expectation
Is one of the few good animated films
Mysterious, interesting and well made.
I think this Is a simple but a good film.
SpeedArtDec 25, 2013
"Coraline" was a horror movie for kids. Not a great mix in some movies like "Munchies" or "Critters", but this was a movie that didn't just have a great plot, script, imagination and production, but also inspired kids to be brave and to stand"Coraline" was a horror movie for kids. Not a great mix in some movies like "Munchies" or "Critters", but this was a movie that didn't just have a great plot, script, imagination and production, but also inspired kids to be brave and to stand their ground, while being fun in the process. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 16, 2013
Coraline is a spectacular stop action piece.
The movie is perfectly paced, and well designed. The concept is good, and the animation is spellbinding. The result is a very entertaining animated tale with a Tim Burton twist.
MovieGoer14Jun 30, 2013
Coraline is a masterpiece with insightful and clever stop-motion animation that will entertain you like never before. The 3D is absorbing and intelligent, Athena wise 3D use. The plot is original and riveting, with a pleasant and fascinatingCoraline is a masterpiece with insightful and clever stop-motion animation that will entertain you like never before. The 3D is absorbing and intelligent, Athena wise 3D use. The plot is original and riveting, with a pleasant and fascinating ending that you will never expect it coming. Coraline easily is imaginative, powerful and surprisingly, one of the greatest works done in a long time. Expand
AReviewsJun 26, 2013
Many reviewers said that Coraline is boring and dull, as it turns out, Coraline is one of my favorite animated movies of all time, it is original and so meant for kids, it deals with a lot of mature themes (murder, child abuse) it is visuallyMany reviewers said that Coraline is boring and dull, as it turns out, Coraline is one of my favorite animated movies of all time, it is original and so meant for kids, it deals with a lot of mature themes (murder, child abuse) it is visually dazzling and the plot is enchanting, original and thrilling, this is one of the best animated movies ever made. I Love Coraline. Expand
HaithamBayazeedMay 17, 2013
"Coraline" is described in one word, which is "Magical", but to be fair, it is more than that, wonderful and amazing, beautiful and new "original", it is creepy and scary but it is still my favorite movie of the year, my favorite animation,"Coraline" is described in one word, which is "Magical", but to be fair, it is more than that, wonderful and amazing, beautiful and new "original", it is creepy and scary but it is still my favorite movie of the year, my favorite animation, and one of my favorite movies of all time PERIOD. Expand
RikiegeJan 12, 2013
Very good movie that combines animation with terror child.
ZalDec 14, 2012
Coraline was one of my favorite books in middle school. When I heard that there was going to be a movie version, I was excited. And the movie did not disappoint.

The story has an Alice in Wonderland vibe since it involves a young girl

The story has an Alice in Wonderland vibe since it involves a young girl ending up in topsy turvy word. It reminds me of Corpse Bride in the designs of the two worlds where the real world is grey and drab while the alternate world is colorful and fantastical. I love the design of the Other Mother's world. It's bright and colorful and everything is made to please Coraline. However, as Coraline starts to resist, everything becomes darker and the Other Mother looks less and less human. And I don't know about anyone else, but the climax scared me to death.

I also enjoyed the characters. Coraline is a believable kid. She's kooky and weird and has strange taste in fashion. She gets on her parents nerves but she just wants them to to pay attention to her. The parents are also believable. There are times when my parents are so wrapped up in their work that they don't have time for me. They aren't bad people. They're just unbelivably stressed. The Other Mother is freaky as hell. She really seems like the kind of mother we all wish we had. She's funny and loving and gives you whatever you want. Too bad she's doing it so that she can ensnare and kill you. The other characters are mostly hit or miss.

Fans of the book might not like the changes made, but I think there were for the better. The book lacked detailed descriptions about Coraline's appearance. I really liked the blue hair. It fits her character. I also like the addition of Wybie. While he wasn't a HUGE part of the plot, they made his character relevant. And thank god they didn't make him a love interest.

I can understand why people wouldn't like it as much. It does have a lot of slow moments, but I liked those scenes because they were used to show us what kind of person Coraline is and about her relationship with her parents and Wybie.

I'm not sure if it will appeal to Tim Burton fans. It doesn't strike the same balance between macabre, comedy, and whimsy, but it's not trying to be The Nightmare Before Christmas. The only things it has in common with it is stopmotion and director Henry Selick. If you like stopmotion, this is a good movie to see.

And if you liked this movie, watch Laika's other major stopmotion film, ParaNorman.
sayomgwtfDec 3, 2012
My favorite movie ever. I loved the story and its dark humor, the animation, the lightning was beautiful and most of all the voice acting (mostly from Teri Hatcher, she was the best!). I can't believe this movie would get bad reviews! :)
YoursTrulyNov 12, 2012
There's nothing like being led into another world.
aaronpaul121May 24, 2012
I can understand the overall story very easily so this is really perfect for children aged 4-6. I love the creativity and the imagination of the whole movie. The graphics are great, so visually it has impact to people watching it. We can alsoI can understand the overall story very easily so this is really perfect for children aged 4-6. I love the creativity and the imagination of the whole movie. The graphics are great, so visually it has impact to people watching it. We can also learn something from this movie which I can relate to. An excellent movie for all ages.... Expand
7dogguyFeb 15, 2012
A masterpiece i have watched this movie at least 25 times the originality is amazing. They changed things from the book for the better things actually seem to come together better in the movie then the book which never happens. The claymationA masterpiece i have watched this movie at least 25 times the originality is amazing. They changed things from the book for the better things actually seem to come together better in the movie then the book which never happens. The claymation and voice acting are done amazingly and you can relate to the main character thoughout the whole movie all and all this is what movies should be like in the future A+++ Expand
heyitsmegrif4Dec 18, 2011
Henry Selick takes Neil Gaiman's imaginative story and makes wonders with it with thrills, dark humor, great stop motion animation, and a cool original score make Coraline one of the best animated films ever made in my opinion. I give this movie 93%.
grandpajoe6191Oct 28, 2011
"Coraline" is very basic in terms of story structure or voice acting. But it's the originality that pushes this visually magnificent movie into the stage of performances. Overall a well-made animation that audiences of every age will"Coraline" is very basic in terms of story structure or voice acting. But it's the originality that pushes this visually magnificent movie into the stage of performances. Overall a well-made animation that audiences of every age will definitely enjoy. Expand
ClankaMay 13, 2011
It's surprisingly dark to be called a family film but it seems to go well but is could be better than it actually is that said it was one of my favourites from 2009.
TubieNov 2, 2010
A very very beautiful work of art in the form of a movie. That is the best way I can describe it. This movie is dark and at the same time offers the viewer the chance to experience a wide variety of emotions as the movie progresses. I thinkA very very beautiful work of art in the form of a movie. That is the best way I can describe it. This movie is dark and at the same time offers the viewer the chance to experience a wide variety of emotions as the movie progresses. I think the story and the pacing are well done and the voice actors did a fantastic job matching the animated characters. This movie is a must buy for fans of this sub genre of animated movies. Expand
MovieLonely94Oct 29, 2010
this movie is by far an excellent stop-motion movie for kids and their families with the help of the supporting acting, nice visuals, and very amazing characters.
PedroAug 26, 2010
I thought Coraline was going to have very scary moments - but I was wrong. Coraline is a great movie, thrilling, exciting, everything! You have to see it. PG is reccomended, Coraline may create nightmares on most sensitive (New York Post,I thought Coraline was going to have very scary moments - but I was wrong. Coraline is a great movie, thrilling, exciting, everything! You have to see it. PG is reccomended, Coraline may create nightmares on most sensitive (New York Post, thanks) children. Coraline, a great movie deserves a great review. Expand
smijatovAug 13, 2010
Coraline really provides an interesting story with some very nice visuals! It is very engaging and it definitely involves the viewer to figure out what is happening out. Visually, there are some beautiful scenes, and besides the unusualCoraline really provides an interesting story with some very nice visuals! It is very engaging and it definitely involves the viewer to figure out what is happening out. Visually, there are some beautiful scenes, and besides the unusual animation style it is still captivating, but nowhere nearly as beautiful as some new animated films, such as "Up" or "Wall-E". Nevertheless, a very nice animated film. Expand
MichaelaC.Jan 3, 2010
The people that said the movie was boring and dull are really saying that they don't want to watch something different and new but just want to stay in their comfort zone of totally predictable movies at least its a fresh change from The people that said the movie was boring and dull are really saying that they don't want to watch something different and new but just want to stay in their comfort zone of totally predictable movies at least its a fresh change from all those other movies. Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
JamB.Nov 16, 2009
Some extremely harsh comments here! Visually this is utterly stunning - by far the richest images of any kids film so far, surely? We all enjoyed the colourful smoothness of CGI stuff like Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc, but the lower-tech Some extremely harsh comments here! Visually this is utterly stunning - by far the richest images of any kids film so far, surely? We all enjoyed the colourful smoothness of CGI stuff like Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc, but the lower-tech (some of it has to have done on computer I'm sure) skills on display give a real warmth and charm. Not exactly an original story, what with magic doors, evil witches and talking cats, so a mark off for that. Provides enough unsettling imagery to hold the attention without resorting to pointless ugliness in order to shock. Also needs to be commended for it's literary script, clever dialogue and intelligent central theme of familial imperfection - any kids film with a genuine philosophical depth has to be recommended. Bit of a drawn out ending and treads a bit of a fimiliar path overall. My son is 4 and a) didn't find it scary b) sat through it all and said he liked it, although he was getting a bit fidgety towards the end. Expand
ThaliaTSep 10, 2009
This is a coming of age movie. It is original in that it uses puppets not unlike Pinocchio to illustrate what one's real values should be. Not always getting what you want, but living with real life, flawed parents who truly love one. This is a coming of age movie. It is original in that it uses puppets not unlike Pinocchio to illustrate what one's real values should be. Not always getting what you want, but living with real life, flawed parents who truly love one. There may be scary bits for children below a 6 or 7, but most other kids and grownups should be able to handle the imagery just fine. Expand
JohnRSep 9, 2009
Absolutely stunning. An original plot with a heroic little girl. I wouldn't recommend it for very young children, but age 9 and over should be fine. Adults will love it too.
MikeH.Aug 29, 2009
Interesting that it appears that all those giving this movie a bad score didn't watch the whole thing but just 'assumed' it was going to be bad. what a bunch of idiots. if you're stupid enough to walk out of a movie Interesting that it appears that all those giving this movie a bad score didn't watch the whole thing but just 'assumed' it was going to be bad. what a bunch of idiots. if you're stupid enough to walk out of a movie without watching it all don't waste space with your comments. i, also, thought this movie was going to be bad, and i didn't like it even up till about 20 minutes through it, but it improved... a lot! at the end i was actually very pleased with the way it turned out. i almost didn't watch Coraline because the concept of the movie seemed so stupid, but I'm very glad i did go out and see it. 10/10 Expand
sVc.Jul 26, 2009
This movie went far beyond my expectations. Even though I am a huge fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" I guess I still wasn't expecting this to be that interesting; and I was way off base. It is far creepeir than I assumed and the This movie went far beyond my expectations. Even though I am a huge fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" I guess I still wasn't expecting this to be that interesting; and I was way off base. It is far creepeir than I assumed and the animation is supberb. Sellick and Burton should keep making movies together so that Hollywood will always have something original to give its audience. Expand
DanKJul 22, 2009
Can someone please tell me why the Coraline dvd uses the old, crappy red and blue 3D glasses that make your head hurt instead of the amazing, mind-blowing technology that made the theater 3D experience so incredibly fun? I loved this movie, Can someone please tell me why the Coraline dvd uses the old, crappy red and blue 3D glasses that make your head hurt instead of the amazing, mind-blowing technology that made the theater 3D experience so incredibly fun? I loved this movie, and I am so frustrated that I will never be able to share the movie experience that I had in the theater with anyone because the studio execs wouldn't spend the extra two bucks on more expensive glasses!! Please help me understand this!! Expand
JayHJul 20, 2009
Wildly imaginative, brilliantly animated and a fascinating story. It's certainly different. It has a great pace, very well edited. The direction is marvelous. It's a magical movie that is highly entertaining.
Enzop.Jun 23, 2009
Coraline is a very good movie but don't see it in 3-D its not worth the extra cash. Also at parts in the movie it started to get boring so I started to drift away from the big screen. Other then that Coraline was good.
JayCJun 21, 2009
This is one of the best movies i have seen in a very long time. Unlike all the happy go lucky movies of the our times its nice to see something a little darker, more brothers grim like. Yes its scary but it holds a lesson in it, also the tag This is one of the best movies i have seen in a very long time. Unlike all the happy go lucky movies of the our times its nice to see something a little darker, more brothers grim like. Yes its scary but it holds a lesson in it, also the tag line for the movie, be careful what you wish for. Expand
RajDJun 14, 2009
Very good. the animation is excellent. also, the story is creepy and very well done.
DavidMJun 14, 2009
This is the best movie I have seen since "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and it's even better than that.
MarkMMay 29, 2009
Awesome! The most detailed stop motion film ever. Fun, exciting, and creepy.
amelindasMay 16, 2009
At first I felt like a child again, discovering how "wierd" evil was rather than scary or threatening. It than dove right in to the insanity and came out squeaky sane on the other side. The resiliency of a child's mind is astonishing At first I felt like a child again, discovering how "wierd" evil was rather than scary or threatening. It than dove right in to the insanity and came out squeaky sane on the other side. The resiliency of a child's mind is astonishing and the movie brought that all back. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
WilliamB.May 15, 2009
One of a very few times where I liked the movie better than the book.
WilliamS.May 9, 2009
Some have called this movie Burtonesque, but I actually found his lack of association with the movie a strong point. The movie knows how to contrast the fantastical and the drab in its visual department and the story is so universal that it Some have called this movie Burtonesque, but I actually found his lack of association with the movie a strong point. The movie knows how to contrast the fantastical and the drab in its visual department and the story is so universal that it reaches adults and kids with an equally immerse impact. I felt like this movie knew how to get back to the old magical realism aspect that was prevalent in The Nightmare Before Christmas. It was thoroughly enjoyable the entire way through. Expand
EmmanuelTMay 4, 2009
AMAZING!!!!!!! Scary even for the adults. The animation was breath taking and the horror was truly for every age. Must see and i need to see it again!!!
RachelS.Apr 25, 2009
Good movie even though it is not for kids.
JessicaF.Apr 17, 2009
Long ago, I read the original book Coraline and it freaked me out then. This film didn't seem to do the book justice. The addition of the character, "Wybie", altered the story just enough to make me dislike it. They made it too "fluffy".
JesseM.Apr 14, 2009
This was the best movie of the year thus far. I don't know why I am so in love with it. It was so creative and just very well done. It's quite amazing. Can't wait for it on Blu-ray.
StevenSMar 28, 2009
Dear Margaret S, I'm saddened by your review - and moreso by your particular lack of imagination. Or maybe you're just afraid of the dark. Either way, if you would've read the reviews earlier you may have concluded that it Dear Margaret S, I'm saddened by your review - and moreso by your particular lack of imagination. Or maybe you're just afraid of the dark. Either way, if you would've read the reviews earlier you may have concluded that it wasn't a family film, had several subtle intellectual undertones (anyone else catch all those sly winks to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?) and dark themes throughout. This has easily been one of the most inventive, innovative and astounding films I've recently witnessed. It was an incredibly successful combination of all the best components of the HP franchise, El Laberinto del Fauno, and (as previously mentioned) EsotSM. Riveting. A little slow paced at times perhaps but always filled with a sense of either dread and gloom or wonder - and at it's best moments, all 3. The best film to come out of 09 so far. Expand
DougMMar 21, 2009
To the nice lady in the user reviews who can somehow tell that "the people that really enjoyed this film were young adults who possibly enjoy video games and have no children", my 70-year-old mother absolutely adored this movie (and no, she To the nice lady in the user reviews who can somehow tell that "the people that really enjoyed this film were young adults who possibly enjoy video games and have no children", my 70-year-old mother absolutely adored this movie (and no, she doesn't enjoy video games). Didn't want any other middle-aged people to miss out because of her review. Expand
AndrewGMar 16, 2009
Much better than I expected. The first half of the movie was especially good in my opinion - when there's still a bit of mystery to the creepiness. The animation has a dreamy aesthetic that works really well. If you (or your kids) like Much better than I expected. The first half of the movie was especially good in my opinion - when there's still a bit of mystery to the creepiness. The animation has a dreamy aesthetic that works really well. If you (or your kids) like Nightmare Before Christmas, then you (they) will probably like this too. Expand
PaulD.Mar 5, 2009
Excellent script and stellar animation makes this a winner. I saw it without 3-D, but it was still very impressive. Imaginative and beautiful animation, but suspense and menace keep it from being syrupy. Kept my interest and attention till the end.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
ShannonW.Mar 4, 2009
I really can't wait til this movie comes out on blu-ray. It was absolutely beautiful and stunning, and I left the theater in complete awe. The story was wonderful and I'd now like to read the book. The producers of this movie made I really can't wait til this movie comes out on blu-ray. It was absolutely beautiful and stunning, and I left the theater in complete awe. The story was wonderful and I'd now like to read the book. The producers of this movie made a real treasure and I honestly can't wait til I can see it again. And for all the parents out there that brought their kids...didn't you read the rating? It's PG because of the "thematic elements, SCARY IMAGES, some language and suggestive humor." Responsible parenting and movie selection should be exercised here. Expand
ToddF.Mar 3, 2009
Very good movie, though I would think the kids would find it a bit too creepy or scary. But I dont have kids, so I dont care. The theater didnt have 3d, so that was a bit of a bummer, but I loved the visual effects and some of the characters Very good movie, though I would think the kids would find it a bit too creepy or scary. But I dont have kids, so I dont care. The theater didnt have 3d, so that was a bit of a bummer, but I loved the visual effects and some of the characters were great, especially the lady with the pasties. Expand
LizMar 1, 2009
I would actually give it 8.5, but I'm a bit jaded. Neil Gaiman is fantastic, and Coraline is the new Grimm's fairy tale. the book was lovely and disturbing, the movie...well, just listening to kids walking out of the theatre made I would actually give it 8.5, but I'm a bit jaded. Neil Gaiman is fantastic, and Coraline is the new Grimm's fairy tale. the book was lovely and disturbing, the movie...well, just listening to kids walking out of the theatre made it clear they'd have their lights on tonight. i can't wait for Sandman. Expand
AndreaFeb 28, 2009
Amazing movie. The people who give it a "0" simply have no appreciation for beauty/artistry.