8.1

1. Feb 17, 2014
    Coraline has imagination, a good look and premise, however, all this is useless when trying to connect with the kids seems unsuccessful.
    Over the history Coraline does not hold you, the movie walk, walk and walk, and when we realize, it does not show us anything mature, it's quite the opposite actually, Coraline is just a child who repents of something desired.
  2. Sep 8, 2012
    Ok, so, my family and I decided to go to the movies, just to do something fun. We decide on Coraline... because it was, apparently, the only family movie available... so, we go in and sit down. Not even halfway through the movie, my parents ask me if I wanna leave. The only reason I said "no," was to see how much worse the movie could get. I was absolutely shocked. It was one of the worst,Ok, so, my family and I decided to go to the movies, just to do something fun. We decide on Coraline... because it was, apparently, the only family movie available... so, we go in and sit down. Not even halfway through the movie, my parents ask me if I wanna leave. The only reason I said "no," was to see how much worse the movie could get. I was absolutely shocked. It was one of the worst, if not, the worst movie I have ever seen! I don't get all the critics making a big deal over this saying,"Great movie! Blah Blah Blah." Neither my Dad, Mom, or my sister enjoyed it. What a disappointment! It was too weird, the story made no sense. The only thing decent, was the 3D, otherwise, it sucks. 2/10 from me. Expand
  3. May 4, 2012
    I saw this movie with the family, and there wasn't a single one of us who enjoyed it. Very disappointing given the hype about it. The story was boring, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, regardless of age.

This is perhaps the most effective 3-D movie I have ever seen, with a sophisticated, involving story that will appeal to many adults. The only reservation I have is with the PG rating, which seems too lenient for a story that may give very young children - particularly if they are sensitive - nightmares.
    The combination of 3-D photography and puppet-animation - centered on actual figures designed by hand and manipulated frame by frame - creates a world that's dense, active and fluid: a sensory Jacuzzi.
  3. Reviewed by: Jenni Miller
    The story is creepy fun and 100-percent different than whatever other crap is flooding the February market.