4.8

1. Feb 10, 2014
    A painfully vapid movie, and a departure from Cronenberg's usual genius; the dialogue is as shallow as a kiddie pool, and the atmosphere is equally as cold (not to mention sterile).
  2. Jul 20, 2013
    the most boring movie i had ever seen there is not content nothing is interesting i almost sleep watching this is just blah blah blah inside a limo all the movie talking about something we dont care is just boring...
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    This will be the first and the last time I watch David Cronenberg's film. One of the worst film I've ever seen! The dialogue is Horrible and really boring!!
  4. Apr 27, 2013
    A rare misfire for Mr Cronenberg. The dialogue was preposterously stilted and the characterisations were almost uniformly poor, save for some of the supporting roles.
    With this plot, this setting and this director I was hoping for something exciting and innovative. What I got was a disconnected series of scenes where bloodless characters spout forth preposterous clever-clever dialogue.
    Ultimately there was a complete lack of tension due to the failure of actor and director to create a story that I cared about. I recommend avoid even free-to-view. Your time is worth more than this.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    One of the worse movies I have seen recently. Watching it until the end was almost unbearable, especially the end of the movie when the dialogue reaches theatrical heights. I just learned that David Cronenberg, a director I normally like, wrote the script in 6 days and you can really feel it watching the clinical, not only literary and theatrical, but wordy and boring film.
  6. Feb 17, 2013
    I made an effort to see the movie until the end. It si just awful. The script doesn{t make sense. Excellent actors like Juliette Binoche and Paul Giammati are completely wated in non sense dialogs. Probably the worse movie I saw in long time.
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    I've always struggled with Cronemberg films as they are supposed to have a deeper narative but apart from his works from about 30 years ago his output has been utter garbage and sadly this is no exception.

The acting is bloody awful, the dialogue us staid and interpretable and the plot what little there is tyical "deeper meening" with lots of rat symbolism while discussing free markets to prove just how highbrow the story is supposed to be, unfortunatlly this suppresses any entertainment that could be gleamed from this piece of dreck.
  8. Jan 25, 2013
    I rarely watch a movie that I can NOT watch the whole movie (good or bad). Unfortunately, this movie was a movie that was so bad, I couldn't watch the whole movie! 30-45 minutes into the movie, I realized this movie wasn't going anywhere fast with the plot. Finally a little over an hour into the movie, I gave up watching it. I returned the 'rented' movie.
  9. Jan 7, 2013
    This is an absolutely awful movie and like others, I turned it off within ten minutes. Awful acting and awful dialogue. The production value is amateur at best. Skip it.
  10. Jan 5, 2013
    Utterly bizarre. How many people on this planet can manage to watch this movie to the end, or for more than 10 minutes ? Cronenberg, well, The Fly was good, but beyond that, the guy seems to be completely detached from reality. Why do people go to the movies ? To be entertained. And not to be bored to tears.
  11. Jan 4, 2013
    TERRIBLE!

Absolutely one of the worst pieces of cinema I have seen in my life.

Who is paying the critics to write these reviews? 6.0 based on 34 ratings? Come on!
  12. Jan 3, 2013
    i fell asleep 3 times watching this movie, i have never feel asleep watching any movies in my life, i mean i even watched blade 5 times but i still couldnt sleep while watching. the dialogues are by no means thought out properly. they are imitations and best attempts at genius conversations. sex comes up so much its just **** annoying, its like having a conversation with a bunch of 15 yeari fell asleep 3 times watching this movie, i have never feel asleep watching any movies in my life, i mean i even watched blade 5 times but i still couldnt sleep while watching. the dialogues are by no means thought out properly. they are imitations and best attempts at genius conversations. sex comes up so much its just **** annoying, its like having a conversation with a bunch of 15 year olds. still cronenberg has the nerves to call batman an adolescence movie. FML! Expand
  13. Jan 1, 2013
    The movie is supposed to be an exploration/parody of some psycho-social blah blah blah... It feels like a lecture, it plays like the lecture that a professor of sociology would give if they stumbled into their class drunk. If you are one who enjoys "cinema art", who likes to watch movies with chin-on-fist going "Hmmm..." because it makes you feel closer to Socrates, above the common plebs,The movie is supposed to be an exploration/parody of some psycho-social blah blah blah... It feels like a lecture, it plays like the lecture that a professor of sociology would give if they stumbled into their class drunk. If you are one who enjoys "cinema art", who likes to watch movies with chin-on-fist going "Hmmm..." because it makes you feel closer to Socrates, above the common plebs, or just comfortable in the knowledge that not all filmmakers are sane than this is for you. If you are one of the "commoners" who watches movies for entertainment I would suggest looking else where. Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2012
    It makes me cringe when people mention Videodrome and Cosmopolis in the same sentence (And yes, I did just that... bear with me). One is infinitely entertaining, bizarre and thought-provoking. The other bores me to tears. However, I will say that in my West LA theater, about 20 people got up and left within the first half hour - but a substantial group who made it till the end gave it aIt makes me cringe when people mention Videodrome and Cosmopolis in the same sentence (And yes, I did just that... bear with me). One is infinitely entertaining, bizarre and thought-provoking. The other bores me to tears. However, I will say that in my West LA theater, about 20 people got up and left within the first half hour - but a substantial group who made it till the end gave it a hearty round of applause. Then again, they may have just been happy it was over. As a Cronenberg fan, I was so fired up to see this film. Sadly, the last time I was this let down by a filmmaker I love was when I endured David Lynch's Inland Empire. That sucker was a doozy. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Sep 7, 2012
    The rapid dialogue is dry and mannered, like a David Mamet play, there's virtually no story and Cronenberg's visual scheme is cold and claustrophobic.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Sep 7, 2012
    Alas, in Cronenberg's hands, it just comes across as cold and lifeless and exhausting.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephanie Merry
    Aug 30, 2012
    It feels like each and every moment bursts forth with urgent dialogue, and yet what does anyone actually say?