6.6

1. Nov 27, 2010
    This was a documentary deals with the danger of atomic weapons, I would highly recommend it might not be a documentary worth of ten but at least it does a good job at proving its point, which is as long as we have atomic weapons, sooner or later, for one reason or another one is going to detonate. And in the world we live in more and more nations are seeking them, and the more nation have it the bigger are the chances of being used, and if one uses them they start a chain reaction and before you know it is MAD (mutually assured destruction) Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    A film documenting nuclear warheads and how one single bond of atom can destroy the entire New York City. What else can we ask for in a doc? Countdown to Zero uses facts and expert opinions at the same time to convince us that nuclear weapons are, well, bad. With gather facts that director Lucy Walker (Waste Land) deliver so smoothly with great style, Zero is another great documentary that Walker had deliver in 2010. It is scary to see that highly enriched uranium is so easy to access and how terrorists can get it just about anywhere. It is scary to see how many mistakes were made over the years with nuclear weapons on hand. And it is scary to know that US, the nation of peace, was the one that started nuclear weapons. After seeing the film, it gave me a whole new aspect about nuclear war. Before seeing the film, I had no worries about nuclear war, now, I'm scared sh*tless! Countdown to Zero really is an informant that informs you to go out there and do something about this situation. Expand
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    This movie will shock you. It becomes evident after seeing it that it is really only a matter of time before the wrong people get their hands on fissile material. I really don't understand the negative reviews because the movie doesn't try to prove anything. It just shows how much uranium/ plutonium is out there and reviews well documented occurrences which it's nearly fallen into the wrong hands.

1. Reviewed by: David Hughes
    Jun 20, 2011
    Walker was Oscar nominated for Waste Land this year, and while this occasionally unfocused doc doesn't hit those heights, it's still a valuable and scary film that should be seen.
  2. Convincingly argued and extremely polished, it has theatrical potential for auds whose reservoir of worry about humanity's future hasn't already run dry.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    A politically urgent picture, it will also literally scare the breath out of what will certainly be a worldwide audience.