tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. May 15, 2014
    Cousin Jules is the story of life of a couple living in a rural place where they are busy living their mundane and uneventful lives. Nothing interesting happens around them, nobody visits them, and nothing changes. They do the most menial tasks and the most joyous parts of their life seems to be drinking coffee together.

The movie is mostly dialogue-free but not boring. You always want
    to see what happens next. You are constantly craving for a change in their lives. When the husband shaves in front of a mirror, you start to think that maybe a guest would come or he would go to visit a friend. But nothing happens. Shaving is just another routine task that he does everyday.

Cousin Jules is a timeless reflect on our live. It is a touch on what it means to be a human, why life is worth living. We may live in a more modern time compared to the old couple in this movie but we are not much different from them anyway. We get up every morning like them, groom, prepare food, eat, work, and eat everyday. What do we do compared to this old couple that makes our lives more meaningful?

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Feb 27, 2014
    Cousin Jules is one of those rare experiences that’s rooted in the past yet feels very much of the moment. On top of that, it’s timeless.
  2. Reviewed by: Diana Drumm
    Dec 9, 2013
    After years of being a long-lost gem, Cousin Jules has finally been found and is receiving its due as an innovative, meditative case study of rural life.
  3. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Dec 3, 2013
    Yet even as the timelessness of the human activity on display seduces with its serenity, it evokes in modern viewers a definite impatience with the impracticality of traditional rites and rhythms, perhaps only enjoyable in 90-minute doses.