8.1

1. Nov 13, 2014
    If you are a fan of the anime series you will probably want to see this and if you are not you don't know what you are missing. The movie is great with a good plot.
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a great movie, fun, original, just like the anime, sadly the only real big flaws of the film are the music (not as jazzy and bluesy as i would have liked) and the fact that it really doesn't really add much to te main plot of cowboy bebop i wanna know if spike is dead or alive so spoiler review) either way its time for the cowboy bebop crew to return for one last adventure its 2013 and i want more Bebop) Expand
  3. Aug 9, 2015
    Cowboy Bebop is like a drug. You want to stop, you want to save the rest of it for another day, but you just... can't (for the record I have never done drugs :P)

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie is great fun for fans of the TV show and newcomers alike. Definitely give this a try if you love animation.
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    If you like the series you probably already watched this movie. If you haven't then go and find a way to get this movie. It has all the elements that make Cowboy Bebop what it is. This movie is much better than many real life action crap we get today.
  5. Nov 11, 2012
    Not an avid anime fan, and I've never seen the CB series, but this was a really enjoyable flick. As you'd expect the visuals are stunning, but the real bonus for me was the excellent soundtrack. From my limited experience of anime, this was one of the more comprehensible (dumbed down, perhaps?) films from the genre, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Must be watched with subtitlesNot an avid anime fan, and I've never seen the CB series, but this was a really enjoyable flick. As you'd expect the visuals are stunning, but the real bonus for me was the excellent soundtrack. From my limited experience of anime, this was one of the more comprehensible (dumbed down, perhaps?) films from the genre, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Must be watched with subtitles though - the English language version is jarring. Expand
  6. Sep 14, 2010
    Great movie for an anime adaption. This will leave you wanting more, and probably have you googling the anime for it as soon as it cuts off. If you do not enjoy animes, prepare to be surprised, as Cowboy Bebop was better than most real movies to date. A must see for any Cowboy Bebop fan or eve someone just looking for something to watch.
  7. EricR.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Screw subtitles....
  8. sassyGirlF.
    Dec 12, 2004
    This movie is absolutely amazing, I have never seen the series of this anime but it rocks. Specially to the anatagonist (Vincent) because it speaks louder about me being confused to the reality. I am looking forward to watch another sequence of cowboy bepop.
  9. RyanH.
    Aug 1, 2004
    This film was obviously an extended version of a show idea. Not quite as good as a lot of the series episodes but much better than most of the Hollywood crap movies you'll see out there today. Awesome score again by Yoko Kanno, she really knows how to blend together different musical styles. Definately better than the 56 rating it was given though...
  10. SamK.
    Jul 22, 2003
    This is a great movie I really like anime and Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites. I strongly recommend this movie to any one who likes anime.
  11. LeighF.
    Aug 5, 2003
    I loved this movie many would discard this movie purley because it is animated but the action scenes are great and the opening scene is the best this is a must see for all anime and non-anime fans.
  12. ElvisPresley
    Apr 23, 2003
    Blanco - I have my doubts if you've actually seen this movie...
  13. ElijahS.
    Jun 10, 2003
    This movie was so Awesome. I'm going to see it as many times as i can in the theater. Edward was hilarious too.
  14. G.T.
    AWESOME!
  15. TomIvers
    Apr 4, 2003
    Frankly, I'm a little upset with the 58 this movie has so far recieved. This movie one ups most major blockbusters released in the last 5 years in all the important areas; involving story line, dazzling animated effects, and witty, quotable dialouge. Even as an adult, I can still safely say, that Bebop is the best.
  16. SamJ.
    May 2, 2003
    Cowboy Bebop is by far my favorite anime (and yes, I have seen the crappy adolescent non-plot driven Sprited Away) because it managed to take very serious themes, and add enough symbols and reoccuring motifs, into a futuristic scifi noir mixed with western influenced gunfights, swordfights and dogfights worthy of Macross Plus (which coincidently had Shinichiro Watanabe working on it) Cowboy Bebop is by far my favorite anime (and yes, I have seen the crappy adolescent non-plot driven Sprited Away) because it managed to take very serious themes, and add enough symbols and reoccuring motifs, into a futuristic scifi noir mixed with western influenced gunfights, swordfights and dogfights worthy of Macross Plus (which coincidently had Shinichiro Watanabe working on it) However, the movie is basically an hour and a half episode, and while the episode delivers the strong themes and style (plus great music) it fails to add anything to the already great show and, in some ways, actually cheapens the themes that the show brought up; a reoccuring theme that life is merely a dream (one that I relate to entirely) is over used and over emphasized in this movie, and WE THE AUDIENCE KNOW WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN; none of the main characters can die, because it takes place inbetween episodes, so why would watanabe want to make it seem like spike and fei were going to die? Still, this is one entertaining film that could have been better, but when faced with the challenge of either out doing the series or not cheapening it anymore, it was not surprising it turned out like it did. Expand
    Apr 7, 2003
    This movie was excellent! I don't think I've ever seen a movie I've liked better. The anime was amazingly well done. The characters all seemed real. I loved it!
  18. JP
    Apr 7, 2003
    A great film, though obviously not on par with Spirited Away. This is an action movie, meant to be enjoyed, and watched mindlesssly-which is great, because when you do so, your just taken for a great thrill ride. The film goes from an old western feel to futuristc sci-fi with no weird jumps or anything--the entire world in which this takes place feels fully fleshed out, a living breathing A great film, though obviously not on par with Spirited Away. This is an action movie, meant to be enjoyed, and watched mindlesssly-which is great, because when you do so, your just taken for a great thrill ride. The film goes from an old western feel to futuristc sci-fi with no weird jumps or anything--the entire world in which this takes place feels fully fleshed out, a living breathing world painted digitally on an acetane canvas. Characters are damned cool, and you feel like your watching a James Bond film-minus the crappy actors. At the same time, don't take young kids to see this. They won't understand what's going on, they won't comprehend most of the good jokes (some of which had to be radically changed to fit with the characters' lips, I'm afraid) and you can bet that seeing stuff like a characters' blood spraying out in slow motion toward the camera will, at best, make them cery uncomfortable. Though if they've seen the CB TV show, they should be fine. Expand
  19. Ishii
    Jul 16, 2003
    I normally don't watch anime, although I'm Japanese. I just don't like the hardcore si-fi abstract aspect that most animes have. And I don't like the fat anime geeks. But this movie kicked ass.
  20. RJ
    Aug 17, 2003
    Amazing.
  21. LiamC.
    Aug 18, 2003
    amazing piece of animated movie work stunning and shows just how far anie has evolved. watch it.
  22. DerekW.
    Sep 9, 2003
    A story of two confused souls, both rejecting the world. And the mano a mano fight scene alone is worth the price twice over.
  23. BlancoA.
    Apr 3, 2003
    This movie rocks!! (And the preview that made me want to see it is hella-cool).
  24. AnimeFan
    Apr 4, 2003
    I LOVE the show. And the movie too. The only thing I have to complain about is this film's rating. The DVD of the show has the true rating on it: 13 and up. What was this movie rated? R! For "some violent images". That's sad. Don't be fooled by the fact that it was put on "Adult Swim" and has a warning that it's "not appropriate for any one under 18". Liars. The manga I LOVE the show. And the movie too. The only thing I have to complain about is this film's rating. The DVD of the show has the true rating on it: 13 and up. What was this movie rated? R! For "some violent images". That's sad. Don't be fooled by the fact that it was put on "Adult Swim" and has a warning that it's "not appropriate for any one under 18". Liars. The manga is also 13 and up. 2 official ratings (13 and up) against 1 offical rating (R, I'm not counting AS's rating as it's not official). So, basically, this movie should've been rated PG-13 or something like that. R is NOT this movie. America has no clue how to rate animes. If the InuYasha movie gets dubbed, they better not rate it R because I saw the Japanese version and it was too tame to be an R rating. Seriously... Expand
  25. AceGabrielP.
    Jan 5, 2004
    This movie is really one of the best animated movies!!! Without the jazzy feeling from the series but with the country and rock. The plot is for mature audience though. Nice combination of characters makes this thriller a sure entertainer. It offers nice soundtracks and some cool jokes. Nice fight scenes makes this what we call COWBOY BEBOP.
  26. HiperiX
    Apr 22, 2004
    This movie is an excellent part of the "Cowboy Bebop" saga. Match perfectly on the Bebop Story. The characters... unforgettables. The history and the music are quite impresionant. Just like the series.
    Apr 30, 2004
    This movie RULED!

There are so many good ideas at the visual level that you can't help wishing the narrative elements had been more cleverly worked out.
  2. Reviewed by: Janet Kim
    Americanized through western showdowns, shadowy film noir, gangster shootings, sci-fi, Bruckheimer explosions, slapstick, and soaps, Bebop aims to transcend its own genre by emulating all genres, and it falls short only in the melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    If you want state of the art anime that comes within spitting distance of escaping the limits of its genre, this might be your cup of bootleg sake.