Weinstein Company, The | Release Date: February 27, 2009
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 25 Ratings
Watch Now
PaulN.Mar 8, 2009
Somewhat downbeat and a bit too politically correct; but the performances and interlacing storylines hold your attention. Worth a look for the thinking moviegoer.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
lins135Feb 4, 2012
The movie portrays several different stories that seem to all be different. I watched the movie for class and we were only showed a few parts of the entire movie but from what I saw i enjoyed and it made me curious to see in it its entiretyThe movie portrays several different stories that seem to all be different. I watched the movie for class and we were only showed a few parts of the entire movie but from what I saw i enjoyed and it made me curious to see in it its entirety to truly understand it all. I would say that the movie is decent but not blow your socks off amazing. If you want a movie that jumps around a bit and makes you think, this will do it. Expand
GREEK-GODJan 6, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crossing over is a multi-strand drama telling a mixture of stories involving the US Immigration Service. All the stories are interesting, with some being more powerful than others.

The film is strongly cast - Harrison Ford, Ashley Judd, Ray Liotta head things up - and well performed, with the acting accolades going to some of the performers lower down the cast list: Summer Bishil as teenager Taslima is a knockout, and Alice Eve as Aussie Claire is also very good.

There are good points made, and made well, and the film benefits from the fact that many of the characters are morally ambiguous. There are no glib, easy answers.

This is film is entertaining, interesting, occasionally very heavy duty, and worthwhile.