6.6

1. MarkM.
    Feb 27, 2006
    Absorbing and provocative film with a thoughtful, cutting sense of humor. With the exception of JFK, I'd say the director does a great job constructing a plausible parallel history that incorporates actual historical figures. Should we just be happy the South lost? Or did the USA post-1865 take on more aspects of the CSA than most of us care to admit?
  2. JoJoS.
    Feb 26, 2006
    This is the first time I've watched a film and felt like I was actually in the movie. The film will move you in your seat. It brings out the reality of our past in a humorous way that keeps you wanting to know more. The detail depicted in this film is impeccabe. Don't miss out on this oppurtunity to open yourself up to the past, to make our present grander!
  3. Mar 24, 2012
    C.S.A. is an excellent satirical-historical product, cleverly using the Ken Burns' style of documentary making. I am pleased to have found it, and plan to share it with my friends. I fail to understand some other viewers' negative reaction to the film. I offer a compound question to them: Do you not understand satire or are you simply an ignorant, defensive racist? America has moreC.S.A. is an excellent satirical-historical product, cleverly using the Ken Burns' style of documentary making. I am pleased to have found it, and plan to share it with my friends. I fail to understand some other viewers' negative reaction to the film. I offer a compound question to them: Do you not understand satire or are you simply an ignorant, defensive racist? America has more than its share of ignoramuses and bigots. Such creatures will not find C.S.A. appealing. Expand
  4. LarryR.
    Sep 4, 2006
    A rather frightening account of a country that never woke up from their nightmare; in a world we so nearly missed and one in which people like an above reviewer wish did exist.
  5. Larry
    Feb 21, 2006
    considering the low/no budget factor this is an amazing work of thought provoking, humor induced material.

1. It's a fearless and brilliant racial-historical satire, done in a meticulous re-creation of the Ken Burns mode, that chronicles the last 150 years of America as if the South had won the Civil War.
    Of course, the very existence of someone like Willmott -- a black university professor who can make an angry, ruthless satire about American racism with impunity -- suggests that we're still a long way from living in the CSA.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    More intriguing on paper than when it actually unspools onscreen. Kevin Willmott's small-scaled but ambitious picture is well-researched, sometimes amusing and not unintelligent.