Cube

7.4

1. MattK.
    Oct 19, 2005
    Very intense. Lots of surprises, good acting, existentialist in nature (but with a positive message), and a rewarding experience.
  2. CharlieW.
    Oct 30, 2006
    An incredible experience. A character study more than anything else, Cube kept me enthralled the whole way through. It is not about the traps; however, what traps are shown are simple yet diabolical. Each of the character's unique skills come to light over the course of the movie, and it is interesting to see how they interact with one another.
  3. JE.
    Jan 10, 2007
    This movie is a beautiful exercise in minimalism, creating an entertaining hour and a half long movie out of a very simple premise. It does seems confused about what kind of movie it wants to be, though. It begins promising a Resident Evil-like gorefest, but then morphs into a (albeit better) Twilight Zone-like thriller. For fans of Twilight Zone and 2001 and others that explore humanity This movie is a beautiful exercise in minimalism, creating an entertaining hour and a half long movie out of a very simple premise. It does seems confused about what kind of movie it wants to be, though. It begins promising a Resident Evil-like gorefest, but then morphs into a (albeit better) Twilight Zone-like thriller. For fans of Twilight Zone and 2001 and others that explore humanity and existentialism, this movie eventually gets it. For fans of people getting diced up, it doesn't last too long. Expand
  4. robugly
    Dec 28, 2005
    When this movie first came out, my friend saw it and told me that it was horrible and I should never watch it. Four or Five years later I saw it on television, I thought it was a great movie.
  5. Sep 13, 2010
    LOVE this film! Not the greatest of acting, but the script is done well. One of my top 10 favorite sci-fi thrillers. Interesting story and it will keep you on the edge of your seat. NOT for the squeamish.
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    I love the ideas behind this film; a mystery combined with some sci-fi and more than a touch of horror is right up my street. Unfortunately the execution just fails to pay off sufficiently for me to call it brilliant. I think the dialogue comes over as a little dated and that does let it down somewhat. Also the twist at the end was a tad predictable. Even so, I can
  7. Jan 19, 2011
    What a movie! Suspence everywhere... you don´t where to pay attention: the traps (a lot different ways), the way out or how to go thru, the steps the character take, what's coming next... each person itself... and their pasts... the trap... a cube, how an idea! This movie, should be named as CLEVER, INTELLIGENT SUSPENSE... great job for an amateur like Natali.
  8. Oct 27, 2011
    Vincenzo Natali's "The Cube" is daring and packed with dangers and shocks. Tension surrounds the movie the whole time, as well as the director's masterful direction. Can you depend and put your faith in others after watching this movie?
  9. Dec 18, 2015
    Cube is fairly well written and well directed. The effects in the film are also well done and it really draws you in and entertains the entire time. The problem however is Maurice Dean Witt's acting. He's honestly terrible and unfortunately plays a very central role in the plot. Other than that there are only a few flaws.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    The movie is filled with dazzling effects and smart plot, with good acting and phenomenal direction. It is filled with tension, claustrophobic atmosphere and shocking events. It is smart, shocking and entertaining, with masterful direction, dazzling effects and good acting, you can't possibly ask for more.
  11. Nov 30, 2013
    Just can't help but think this can happen to me in reality!Clever plot,excellent acting,amazing set,best trilogy after the godfather that I might have ever seen.It is very difficult to revolve your story around a set of individuals in the same environment right from the beginning to the end and they did it amazingly..so kudos to the crew of cube. Daily soaps like Big Boss (In India) areJust can't help but think this can happen to me in reality!Clever plot,excellent acting,amazing set,best trilogy after the godfather that I might have ever seen.It is very difficult to revolve your story around a set of individuals in the same environment right from the beginning to the end and they did it amazingly..so kudos to the crew of cube. Daily soaps like Big Boss (In India) are derivatives of such ideas(they are pathetic in nature though,not even close to cube)..if you enjoyed this you might also enjoy the exam,house of 9 etc.. Expand
  12. Apr 13, 2014
    Honestly, not a big Horror fan, but I love this film, it's so creepy, mysterious & all-round bonkers that it makes it gripping, the only real complaint I have is the lack of answers this film has, I people will think this is what makes it mysterious, but at least one answer would have been nice, but the tense nature of this film is something I can't get enough of
  13. Sep 2, 2014
    "Cube" is a pretty intriguing and intense film. Making the Cube the antagonist of the film was a pretty big risk, but it did that fairly well until the very end, where one of the characters turned in to the villain. This was slightly disappointing, but it didn't completely ruin the film. It has great cinematography and very minimalist, yet beautiful, production design, but the acting is"Cube" is a pretty intriguing and intense film. Making the Cube the antagonist of the film was a pretty big risk, but it did that fairly well until the very end, where one of the characters turned in to the villain. This was slightly disappointing, but it didn't completely ruin the film. It has great cinematography and very minimalist, yet beautiful, production design, but the acting is slightly below average. I do recommend this movie for cult film lovers. Expand
  14. Jul 12, 2015
    Não existe nota capaz de expressar o quanto este filme é extremamente incrível.

Diferente de história de assassinos em série, fantasmas, demônios e outros clichês do cinema norte-americano, The Cube é um filme que te faz explorar e se interessar por cada personagem de uma forma inimaginável, é como se você tivesse uma conexão real com cada ser e situação passada ali. Uma obra prima
    Não existe nota capaz de expressar o quanto este filme é extremamente incrível.

Uma obra prima do gênero, faz qualquer crítico ficar sem palavras de como descrever tamanha genialidade

It's an existential, Kafka-esque nightmare with no real resolution, although if you've been biding your time waiting to see some high-strung, ham-handed bickering on-screen, this is your A-ticket.
  2. Reviewed by: Ron Wells
    With basically a single set and a limited cast, the producers get the most of their limited budget, particular with a couple of spectacular death scenes.
  3. Cube falls into the dreaded trap of allegory -- aaaaaargh! -- and the clunky dialogue makes a midnight bull session seem brilliant by comparison.