5.2

1. Dec 4, 2010
    Although not without its moments, Cursed is a disappointing horror comedy of appalingly weak performances, repulsively cheesy VFX and a wildly predictable script.
  2. Jan 31, 2011
    I thought this movie was a awesome horror and comedy film. Jesse Eisenberg and Christina Ricci were great.
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    I enjoyed this movie and the cast. Wes Craven is a talented director and this movie is worth seeing.
    *************************************************
  4. Sep 12, 2014
    This movie deserves three stars for at least somewhat making sense (yes, there is a plot in this one), and for Milo Ventimiglia being there, totally awesome & gay - that always deserves an extra star in my book!

I watched this movie purely because of Milo. And of course, I'm interested in supernatural, but I don't like horror flicks. From the few little previews I had seen, I knew this
    movie wasn't going to look very realistic, though. The werewolves made me smirk, and oh, no one told me this movie is pretty comedic at places! Werewolf flipping a bird; now that's not something you see every day.

Comedy aside, there is a plot in here, which thickens by the end. Of course some of the plot twists are predictable, and some just plain silly. Like werewolves popping up randomly for no apparent reason, other than a rather hollow plot point...

The acting isn't brilliant, but not bad either. I did love Milo's role as Bo, though.

As a horror movie, there are the usual elements of surprise. The gore is hinted at but not shown.

All in all, a decent movie, but nothing better than that.

1. It's hard to tell who is more Cursed - the pretty young people who turn into werewolves on screen or the people who buy tickets for this slow, witless, predictable horror flick.
    Unlike Cursed, which resorts to blatant but unconvincing gore and violence, "The Wolf Man" (1941) gets its point across through suggestion, makeup and spooky sets.
    The film vacillates between inanity and flat-out lameness, and the decision to recut from an R-rated version to a PG-13 sucked out whatever life might have been left.