6.2

1. Aug 20, 2010
    What a stinker of a film. Dreary and dull, it drags on until the end credits. The rotting corpse of Humphrey Bogart, dug up and strung up like a puppet, would have emoted more than any of the three lead actors.
  2. Sep 24, 2010
    I wasn't very into Cyrus. I appreciated the interesting and unique plot, however it was genuinely stupid, and is overrated. All of this positive buzz is just hype. I'd see it on DVD, but just telling you it was a pretty boring, crazy, comedy-drama-thriller.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    This movie had so much promise. It started out just fine and actually makes you think that there are going to be some really funny moments and then it turns into the most awkward story that I have ever seen. Instead of taking the characters and playing to their strengths, the film puts them into extremely boring moments where you start to dislike each one of them. After about halfway into the film you start to wonder why they even made this script into a movie in the first place. This would have made a boring TV episode, so making a feature film out of it was ridiculous. John C. Reilly is a very funny actor but this movie wasted every bit of talent that he has. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a comedy, a drama, or some kind of new and weird genre that we've never heard of. Overall the movie was boring, uneventful, and more than a little creepy. No laughs, no tears, just disappointment. Expand
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    Usual American Indie affair that lacks any of the charm or natural humour of the films it is so desperately trying to imitate. It's such a strange story to tell that it makes you wonder whether it's worth telling at all. It is nicely edited, with a good performance from John C Reilly (who is never bad, in anything) but it starts off dull and continues to be so throughout.
  5. Jan 23, 2011
    When you have 30 minutes to spare, watch it. Fast forward a lot and try
    to capture the few real moments. Th movie tries to hard to be bizarre
    and lacks humanity. Sure, there are moments but not enough to recommend
    this movie.
  6. Aug 3, 2011
    Considering everyone involved in this movie, it should have been much better. It was just extremely boring and the only comedic elements of the film relied far too heavily on annoying the protagonist. I could barely keep this movie going until the end. I'm severely disappointed.
  7. Oct 29, 2012
    I thought this was more on the quirky drama side than dark comedy. I didn't find Jonah Hill believable here which was a bit of a let down. Overall drab, and and kind of annoying. Much like its lead actor.
  8. Apr 2, 2012
    A horrific nightmare is just the start. The movie was boring with a lazy script that seem to be made in 2 days. Not funny at all and I could barely get through this movie. Good thing it is a short movie because it was begginning to give me a headache.

1. Like the recent "Greenberg," Cyrus is not the jokey, polished production you would expect from its Hollywood cast and LA setting, but audiences who are comfortable with discomfort should find it "funny."
    It still has a long way to go before the term Mumblecore (which sounds like a Harry Potter major at Hogwart's) can be confused with the term Class Act.
    Even at its most troubling, Cyrus is powered by a deep vein of humanism, one that offers hope to even the weirdest among us.