5.4

1. Nov 12, 2012
    A fart filled farce bereft of the least amount of imagination.
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    Awful movie and I found myself guessing every single part of this movie which made me bored. Sorry but i give this incredibly awful movie 0%. Yep that is awful.
  3. NickV.
    Jun 20, 2003
    Not perfect but it did not suck. Since everyone hated it so much why dont they go make a movie. This movie is funny and while u are watching it you forget your troubles.
  4. RyanW.
    May 10, 2003
    Very Funny, Worth seeing.
  5. BobW.
    May 12, 2003
    I found dat "Flash" kid really really annoying.
  6. TerrilynF.
    May 10, 2003
    As "kid" movies go, this one was funny. The adults were predictable in both acting and characterization, but do you really attend a movie like this thinking it is academy award winning material?? No! The highlight of the movie is the acting of the kids. Eddie Murphy's "son" is too cute to be believed, and if nothing else, the outtakes at the end are worth the $$ to see the film.
  7. Angelus
    May 9, 2003
    Is it just me, or is everybody else sick to death of Eddie Murphy doing kids movies. What's even worse is they all suck!!!
  8. AnnaS.
    Jun 5, 2003
    Something isn't right about this movie, and I don't know why would film reviewers like this film. It sucks man, it really, really sucked!!!!
  9. Gerald
    Jul 2, 2003
    It was a pretty good movie not the funniest in the world but it had some good parts.
  10. JohnT.
    Oct 2, 2003
    Not a great movie but certainly something you can watch with your children. Murphy, Garlin and Zahn do an excellent job of bailing this leaky boat with real appeal and comedic talent. DD had a lot of potential - encountering the problems a man would have dealing with daycare while exploring client/employer, child/parent relationships. DD could've shown growth and character Not a great movie but certainly something you can watch with your children. Murphy, Garlin and Zahn do an excellent job of bailing this leaky boat with real appeal and comedic talent. DD had a lot of potential - encountering the problems a man would have dealing with daycare while exploring client/employer, child/parent relationships. DD could've shown growth and character development with the denoument ending at Murphy's own selfdeliverance. INSTEAD the movie opted for a cardboard, 2-dimensional cartoon villainess played by Angelica Huston. Honestly, placing an animated Disney witch in the center of this film couldn't be more off-putting and sinks the film for adult audiences. HINT: Movies don't always need a villain! Imagine Apollo 13 (also about 3 men trying to fix a bad situation) but with a prancing evildoer in a black cape delivering lines of dramatic malevolence. Expand
  11. FunnyMOVIE
    Oct 24, 2003
    Whoever doesn't like this movie, certenly doesn't know squat about good viewing. This movie was both hilarious and cute. Who ever disagrees, then why don't you go and get a job making better movies.......you can't that's why you just critizice this one.
  12. JakeS.
    May 11, 2003
    What happened to Eddie Murphy? He used to be so funny.
  13. KayWhy
    Jun 29, 2003
    Everything else was sold out so we decided to watch this movie on a rainy sunday night. Boy, was that a mistake. It's like any other movie where the storyline revolves around children acting cute. Sure, it was a cute movie, but it wasn't funny. I think it would have been more worthwhile if we just watched the rain fall instead.
  14. AndyE.
    May 24, 2003
    I loved it!
  15. JD
    Sep 23, 2003
    SUPER FUNNY good movie.
  16. JenniferR.
    Sep 26, 2003
    My whole family liked it! We feel it was hyped up quite a bit, but all in all a good family movie.
  17. GregT.
    Sep 29, 2003
    A good family movie, if your children are 7 years old and remember what day care was like at age 4. It is lost on everyone else. Lots of screaming kids. Not anything as interesting as the similar child school movie, Kindergarten Cop, in which Schwartzenegger interjected his own brand of foolishness simply by way of his stone face and heavy accent. This movie has none of that appeal nor charm.
  18. AndrewM
    Aug 12, 2004
    "Funny Movie", I obviously don't know squat either 'cause I too didn't really like this film. This has to be one of the most innocuous movies I have ever watched, and I mean that in a bad way. A good film provokes reaction, whether that be laughter, anger, sadness, elation, confusion, objection, concern, whatever! It provokes - it makes you think - it makes you feel. Daddy "Funny Movie", I obviously don't know squat either 'cause I too didn't really like this film. This has to be one of the most innocuous movies I have ever watched, and I mean that in a bad way. A good film provokes reaction, whether that be laughter, anger, sadness, elation, confusion, objection, concern, whatever! It provokes - it makes you think - it makes you feel. Daddy Day Care tippy-toes along so feebly that you're left searching your soul for an emotion. It has very little to offer. I give it 3 because the actors try their darndest to make it work and I did experience very faint moments of enjoyment. But for the most part I was just rolling along waiting for something to happen that wasn't entirely predictable and that actually encouraged my brain to send out a nerve signal. Only for those who are really really bored.... Expand
  19. Aug 12, 2011
    There is still a faint memory of when Eddie Murphy was funny. It was the 80s and the 90s. Trading places, Beverly Hills Cop and Coming to America.
  20. Nov 19, 2011
    I thought it was pretty good. A solid cast, interesting concept to the film, pretty funny in some parts. Hated on for who knows why, It was a good film.
  21. May 3, 2012
    This family-friendly movie has a few funny moments, but it has an awkward story and some parts are just plain gross.
  22. Dec 17, 2012
    How is this movie hated so much? It was original and it was pretty funny as well. I must have watched it a dozen times. I am suprised that the ratings are so low for it.
  23. Sep 26, 2013
    Like the universal motto for the war against drugs, "Just say no" to this crash-and-burn Eddie Murphy movie. It is disgustingly horrible, abysmal, and unfunny. Steer clear.
  24. May 3, 2015
    A funny children's comedy with Eddy Murphy, Steve Zahn, Jeff Garlin. Grade C++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  25. May 14, 2014
    Terrible movie it was boring, not funny. I couldn't wait for it to end. And the plot was just terrible, in fact everything about this movie was terrible.

1. I laughed a couple of times, but mostly I was bored out of my mind and not a little depressed.
    You can't get more high-concept, or less plotted, than this, and Daddy Day Care is proof.
    Only really little tykes will find the surplus of pratfalls and poo and fart jokes a hoot.